Rifle wish list!

Rifle wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

1 Autoattack:
*yeah Anet will never bring back the bleeding ofc.. but since the bleeding got removed it does crap dmg! before you could even benefit from the +10% dmg trait on bleeding targets.. and this traitline is great for rifle!
But when you dont bring back its bleeding it should have a flat +10% more dmg

2 Aimed shot:
*Besides its cripple give it +8 vulnerability (so Autoattack can benefit ofc) making this skill a combination of Aimed shot + brutal shot

3 Volley:
*its OK

4 Brutal shot:
*This skill is now a ranged knockback on 1200 range (knockback launch = 450 ) (no benefit from range like rangers point blank shot)

5 Riffle But:
*Make it so you can block for 3 sec with your rifle if you get hit in melee range you counterattack > daze your target for 1 sec

Rifle wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

1 Autoattack: Simply put, this should do the same damage as the Longbows Autoattack (which is a doublehit), and always generate +1 adrenaline, not just vs vulnerable targets.

All the rest of the skills are actually alright, IMHO, but the main thing holding back rifle is Killshot.

Oh, the casttime was reduced, and the damage is high, but it’s such a niche use. Here’s why:

Rifle is primarily a 1v1 weapon, as all of its abilities are single target. However, killshot is easily blocked/dodged in 1v1, even with a slightly sped up cast timer.

Killshot is moderately useful in group fights, but the rest of the abilities are largely useless then.

Our other ranged option, Longbow, however, is useful 1v1, AND useful in group fights. The auto attack is better flat out: It deals more damage, generates more adrenaline, and double-hits which grants more chances to proc, crit, eats aegis, etc. And I really dont think I need to mention how great (read:mandatory) Combustive shot +cleansing ire is.

So, what to do? Killshot either needs to be made better in 1v1, or the rest of Rifle needs to be better in group fights. Till that happens, the Rifle has no real place, and is inferior to longbow in every way that matters.

Rifle wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

rifle needs a good damage increase minimum. the auto blows, and volley is average. ranger’s longbow rocks, and so does the warriors. the damage needs to go up for there to be a reason to take it.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Rifle wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Rifle is a very bad version of Ranger’s LB. They need to buff the crap out of it to be on the same level, but it will just introduce more anti-fun cancer into the game.

Rifle wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

The whole thing needs to be changed completely to make it more useful. Warrior’s rifle should function as a shotgun. Here’s an idea, something like this could be implemented around HoT rollout.

Base range: 600-900

Buckshot: Blast targets with your shotgun. Chance to cripple moving targets(33%). Hits up to 3 targets. Range 600.

Brutal Shot: Blast your targets inflicting vulnerability(5)(6s) and deal 10% more damage to crippled foes. Range 600. 8 sec. cooldown.

Volley: Unleash a high damage multi-shot attack(3x) that knocks back on the last shot. Range 600. Knockback 300. 12 sec. cooldown.

Mortal Shot: Fire a concentrated blast that pierces through targets. Has increased criticial chance(50%)on targets above 50% health and deals 20% more damage to targets below 50% health. Range 900. 15 sec. cooldown.

Warning Shot: Fire a loud warning shot in the air causing nearby enemies to flee. Fear(2s) at 0-300, Fear(1s) at 300-600, Torment(4s). Range 600. 35 sec. cooldown.

Scatter Shot(Burst): Fire a concussive blast that stuns and weakens your foes. Up to 5 targets. Stun(2s), Weakness(6s). Range 600. 15 sec. cooldown.

Rifle wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

I like my rifle like a rifle. I’d be willing to accept a shotgun as a new weapon type though.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

Rifle wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

The whole thing needs to be changed completely to make it more useful. Warrior’s rifle should function as a shotgun. Here’s an idea, something like this could be implemented around HoT rollout.

Base range: 600-900

Buckshot: Blast targets with your shotgun. Chance to cripple moving targets(33%). Hits up to 3 targets. Range 600.

Brutal Shot: Blast your targets inflicting vulnerability(5)(6s) and deal 10% more damage to crippled foes. Range 600. 8 sec. cooldown.

Volley: Unleash a high damage multi-shot attack(3x) that knocks back on the last shot. Range 600. Knockback 300. 12 sec. cooldown.

Mortal Shot: Fire a concentrated blast that pierces through targets. Has increased criticial chance(50%)on targets above 50% health and deals 20% more damage to targets below 50% health. Range 900. 15 sec. cooldown.

Warning Shot: Fire a loud warning shot in the air causing nearby enemies to flee. Fear(2s) at 0-300, Fear(1s) at 300-600, Torment(4s). Range 600. 35 sec. cooldown.

Scatter Shot(Burst): Fire a concussive blast that stuns and weakens your foes. Up to 5 targets. Stun(2s), Weakness(6s). Range 600. 15 sec. cooldown.

oooooo would use rifle so hard with these skills

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Rifle wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: Kanek.5472

Kanek.5472

I like my rifle like a rifle. I’d be willing to accept a shotgun as a new weapon type though.

Tell that to Engineers.

Eitherway. The rifle does feel really lackluster. I wouldn’t mind a skillset that allows us to interact with it as a Shotgun.

Rifle wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

Tell that to Engineers.

Eitherway. The rifle does feel really lackluster. I wouldn’t mind a skillset that allows us to interact with it as a Shotgun.

That’s why I didn’t choose Engineer. I chose Warrior rifle because I was hoping for a medium – long range, high power, one on one weapon. If they added an option that allowed for both a shotgun, and rifle skill set I’d be okay with that.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.