Rifle war /MaceShield vs Elementalist

in Warrior

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Hi, i’m playing elementalist atm and need some advices to fight against this kind of warrior.

No food on both side ofc.

My setup is standard
Dagger/Dagger ( Energy + Battle )
Celestial Gear + Strenght Runes

Heal: Ether Renewal
Utility Skills: Lightning Flash, Mist Form, Sigil of Earth
Elite: Elemental

Thanks for reading and helping.

Edit: i know this is not the elementalist thread, but i would like to ask you warriors how i should play to give you at least some troubles.

(edited by Shirlias.8104)

in Warrior

Posted by: Laceration.4290

Laceration.4290

Don’t waste dodges and use a stun break or blind when he comes with Skullcrack→Killshot combo.

Dr Laceration [AiD]
YouTube?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I have never seen that combo….and I doubt it would be a Skullcrack > Killshot combo…because you would only be using a 1 bar killshot (they are both bursts)

TBH, I don’t think you should need advice to beat this type of build, I am honestly surprised you lost to it in the first place o.O

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Shirlias.8104

I have never seen that combo….and I doubt it would be a Skullcrack > Killshot combo…because you would only be using a 1 bar killshot (they are both bursts)

TBH, I don’t think you should need advice to beat this type of build, I am honestly surprised you lost to it in the first place o.O

I’m not that good at pvp
Advices and Discussion can really help me out, that’s why i asked.

in Warrior

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

Well, keep in mind this is a very odd build, there’s no real synergy…

Anyway, Mace/Shield is used for mainly one thing: stuns. Skullcrack has such a huge wide up, but most people use shield bash to get close and get a small stun before the big 4 second one. So either dodge, or just use a stunbreak.

I don’t see the problem though, he has nothing to follow up the stun. Rifle has Killshot, but it’s pointless since Skullcrack takes adrenaline as well. I don’t understand what’s killing you. The bleeds from rifle? Mace AA is so slow and…

Edit: Oh, is this in WvW? Then he’s probably running Runes of Perplexity plus Distracting Strikes (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Distracting_Strikes) which stack. So the confusion is probably killing you. Every time you use an ability, you take damage. Clear the conditions before you kill yourself.

He has a lot of CC with Skullcrack, Pommel Smash, Shield Bash, Rifle Butt, and probably Stomp/Kick for utilities. And as an Ele, he can probably easily read your actions, so he can interrupt them pretty quickly, stacking a lot of confusion on you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Just some basic tips too: You absolutely need to be dodging killshot. Learn the animation, pay attention if he CCs you (fear or bolas maybe), be ready to use a defensive utility.

Mace also has a nice short cooldown block, and it’s often paired with shield which has another nice long block. Don’t use your best damage specials while he has block ready. Try to wait until after he blocks, or has switched to rifle.

But yeah, if you can give more information about what’s giving you trouble that would help. Big hits? Lots of small damage? Too tanky to kill?

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hi,

I’d never thought about using such a weapons combination, I think that Pibriamal has the right idea about how to make it work. Here’s what I would try playing:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJQQNApeUjMd04ZVImdwJigfgC7M0CGDgj+Uhr7NA-TFDCABCpMbH1fa4BAYkSDU0HcgpBAOBAOoEUjDBgz7PUgZuKOCAkBofLA-w

I’d go for a hybrid approach. You need a bit of condition damage so that the confusion does significant damage (let’s say around 1k per skill use), and the rest in direct damage (because the mace is a pure direct damage weapon).

I’d go for a mix of rabid, berserker and knight gear. Sigils should let you stack might, and cover confusion with easy-to-get conditions (bleeding and poison). Since we have already 4 interrupts for the weapons, I’d only take Bull’s Charge in utilities, to knock-down and improve the somehow mobility of the build.

The build, as it is, has good offensive and defensive stats, and a flexible gameplay, with frequent blocks, nice control and good melee/range options. Once the opponent is stunned, the player can switch to the rifle and either burst him, or simply “Volley” him, for probably a 5k+ damage. The direct damage lost in the hybrid approach is IMHO fairly compensated by the abundant confusion, not only because of the confusion damage, but also because of the different type of damage, which the opponent would not expect.

As I see it, the build has the following issues:

• the condition cleansing is very poor. Cleansing ire, with a mace and a rifle, cannot be used reliably to remove conditions. Once the Berserker’s Stance is on CD, then even the frequent blocks on the build would not prevent a condition-heavy opponent to melt it. And of course, blind could be quite annoying. I’d probably go for “Mending” as the quickest workaround here.
  • the mobility is also bad. Once the bull’s charge is on CD, then the warrior can be kited. The choice of the rifle as a weapon somehow address this problem, but if the opponent decides to escape, then the warrior is unlikely to catch him up.

To beat such a build, I’d say that one should consider:

• using conditions, both to blind and to inflict durable damage,
  • keeping cleansing options only for confusion, the rest does not matter,
  • using stability to avoid being interrupted, and therefore not get confusion and end up facing sub-par direct damage build.

As an elem, that’d be the kind of opponent against which I’d like to try Blinding Ashes

in Warrior

Shirlias.8104

Edit: Oh, is this in WvW? Then he’s probably running Runes of Perplexity plus Distracting Strikes (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Distracting_Strikes) which stack. So the confusion is probably killing you. Every time you use an ability, you take damage. Clear the conditions before you kill yourself.

He has a lot of CC with Skullcrack, Pommel Smash, Shield Bash, Rifle Butt, and probably Stomp/Kick for utilities. And as an Ele, he can probably easily read your actions, so he can interrupt them pretty quickly, stacking a lot of confusion on you.

Yeah i forget to say it.
I was talking about wvw ( cause there’s no chance to duel people in spvp. dunno why. ).
Confusion btw is not the real deal ( cleansing wave helps a lot ), but the direct dmg ( also with 3k armor and protection i can take 2200/2500 dmg each ranged crit ).

Just some basic tips too: You absolutely need to be dodging killshot. Learn the animation, pay attention if he CCs you (fear or bolas maybe), be ready to use a defensive utility.

Mace also has a nice short cooldown block, and it’s often paired with shield which has another nice long block. Don’t use your best damage specials while he has block ready. Try to wait until after he blocks, or has switched to rifle.

But yeah, if you can give more information about what’s giving you trouble that would help. Big hits? Lots of small damage? Too tanky to kill?

My low dps and his high dps + regen.
Also my conditions needs some trash debuffs ( its uselss to stack burning and bleedings if there re no other conditions to avoid “remove conditions” )

As I see it, the build has the following issues:

• the condition cleansing is very poor. Cleansing ire, with a mace and a rifle, cannot be used reliably to remove conditions. Once the Berserker’s Stance is on CD, then even the frequent blocks on the build would not prevent a condition-heavy opponent to melt it. And of course, blind could be quite annoying. I’d probably go for “Mending” as the quickest workaround here.
  • the mobility is also bad. Once the bull’s charge is on CD, then the warrior can be kited. The choice of the rifle as a weapon somehow address this problem, but if the opponent decides to escape, then the warrior is unlikely to catch him up.

To beat such a build, I’d say that one should consider:

• using conditions, both to blind and to inflict durable damage,
  • keeping cleansing options only for confusion, the rest does not matter,
  • using stability to avoid being interrupted, and therefore not get confusion and end up facing sub-par direct damage build.

As an elem, that’d be the kind of opponent against which I’d like to try Blinding Ashes

Thanks for info but i would prefer tu use a standard build ( i don’t like to change every single duel but prefer to be viable ). The rest is ok ( i switch to water to avoid confusion and stability when he switch mace/shield ).

ps: Blinding ashes should be the best setup to fight a warrior indeed

in Warrior

Posted by: Arcades.4689

Arcades.4689

Damage is probably caused by the Volley skill (rifle#3), an attack that fires 5 shots in quick succession, since rifle autoattack is really weak. Dodge or interrupt the skill (it’s a channeled one).