Rifle war or LB ranger

Rifle war or LB ranger

in Warrior

Posted by: NapoleonMP.7964

NapoleonMP.7964

I know that rifle builds in WvW is frowned apon by some. My question is whether or not a rifle warrior build or long bow ranger would be better for long distance I call it sniping. Its what I enjoy doing hamming the back end of a enemy zerg.

Rifle war or LB ranger

in Warrior

Posted by: Lanceor.2763

Lanceor.2763

I have both Warrior and Ranger, if you don’t plan on going melee then Ranger it is for WvW Zerg sniping behind, you can reach 1500distance with a traited ranger LB can hit pretty hard with 120% Crit Damage full glass cannon build, but in other area the warrior outclasses the ranger, if you want to have fun go for ranger

Jade Quarry

Rifle war or LB ranger

in Warrior

NapoleonMP.7964

Appreciate the response I figured warrior would have the hardest hitting shot with kill shot that can be lots of fun to fire into zerg when it pierces. But I havent fiddled enough with a ranger to know.

Rifle war or LB ranger

in Warrior

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

The 300 bonus range from a ranger longbow is nice, but not necessary. Learn how to sidestep the zerg when it charges and you can often just stand off to the side and shoot people. Don’t discount the aoe burst coming from a full berserker warrior with a longbow, either, and also note that rifle killshot has 1500 range. I would much rather range people on my warrior than on my ranger.

Rifle war or LB ranger

in Warrior

Posted by: Derren.8724

Derren.8724

1200 range is still decent for sniping (base range for Rifle’s attacks). You won’t get the extreme ‘sniping’ range as you might from a traited LB ranger, but Killshot IS the hardest hitting burst move warriors have, and with 20 points in Arms, you can trait for piercing shots, allowing you to snipe through zergs to peg the people in the back.

You won’t have the pure AoE of a Warr LB (or possibly ranger LB), but in terms of burst potential, I’d lean more towards rifle.

“The Court of Winter” [WIN] – Sea of Sorrows

Rifle war or LB ranger

in Warrior

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

I know that rifle builds in WvW is frowned apon by some. My question is whether or not a rifle warrior build or long bow ranger would be better for long distance I call it sniping. Its what I enjoy doing hamming the back end of a enemy zerg.

If your planning on zoning in to wvw: use anything before a ranger.

Hopefully you will reach the conclusion quickly on your warrior that the sniping does on average more damage to yourself and allies than the enemy and join the rest of us in melee.

Unfortunately projectile attacks in WvW are not just bad, they are so bad in fact that they usually help the enemy more than they hurt them! If your lucky your projectiles get blocked by a shield effect and do no damage, if your not they reflect them back on to you and your allies!

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

Rifle war or LB ranger

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Serfing the zerg? Yes or no?

Rifle war or LB ranger

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

full glass rifle builds can hit 20k if you are lucky. combine that with piercing shots and you are gonna be taking out like 5 people at a time every 7 seconds. so long as you can get your adren back quickly (with piercing shots it shouldnt be a problem in zergs) PLUSSSS if you get the pew pew cannon you can kitten zergs off as you pew pew them to death.

Rifle war or LB ranger

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Killshot warrior looks so much fun, will be trying it out when I make my layzor gun. Rangers are boring – period.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Rifle war or LB ranger

in Warrior

NapoleonMP.7964

Right now I hang in the back or to the sides of zergs and plink… one day I will get brave enuff to wander into melee range, when I do go into melee I either over extended to my quick death or panic and either leave too early or escape the wrong direction… which is all a big L2P issue on my part.
My other (personal) problem with melee, is I like big numbers, which I have to stay at range for zerker builds… another L2P issue I know. Lol

Rifle war or LB ranger

in Warrior

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Neither. Long Bow Warrior outshines both at the skill cap.

Rifle war or LB ranger

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

Neither. Long Bow Warrior outshines both at the skill cap.

dat skill for the biggest AOE in the game. Condi spam meta much? scrub

Rifle war or LB ranger

in Warrior

NapoleonMP.7964

Oh and im just asking Tammuz not trying to flame no one, is reflection that prevalent? Ive just started WvW and rarely get hit by my own rounds. While thinking about what you said, im looking at my warrior and if i went full melee id want to use swords, i think the abilities are fun, but from what i understand main hand sword kinda sucks. (lol im wrong a lot tho)