Rifle/x any other warriors roll this?

in Warrior

Posted by: MasterAbaddon.7839

MasterAbaddon.7839

hi. i’ve playing around with 0/30/20/0/20 or 0/10/30/0/30 or 0/30/25/0/15 builds and found that they work quite well with hammer & rifle. Am i the only warrior that rolls hammer & rifle here? Lately the buzz seems to be all about having a shield + x or longbow for the offset weapon. I personally prefer the rifle for the range & the pretty 13k crits from kill shot & the channeled #3 button is an extra plus. not to mention beserker gear works great for the two.

the way i play this build is easy, i just start with the rifle from afar firing away as i make my way towards my target. when i get in melee range i switch to hammer and setup a nice disable chain. then depending on the situation i either stick to the hammer or the rifle. They usually die to my rifle however thnx to fury signet + kill shot.

So far in all my encounters i beat people 1v1 &1v2 situational, and the only thing i really regret is not using a GS for the mobility to get away, so i die a lot due to many zerg encounters when i roam. So yeah it’s not the best build for wvw, but it makes you feel like a boss in spvp. Anyway my real focus of this thread is to find out if there are any other x/rifle builds.

so please post up. i’m really interested on reading what you guys have to say.

in Warrior

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

Rifle is a terrible 1v1 build, but is something I run often as a troll build in wvw as watching unsuspecting individuals drop from killshot is hillarious (30/10/0/0/30 - take +15% dmg and +15% crit - rest is all preference). I stream it regularly on http://twitch.tv/teamriottv and I also have a couple highlights of it on my own stream; http://twitch.tv/docmedb2e.

As far as builds; you will get destroyed by anything with condi and it is not good for spvp. Fun in WvW though. For extra lol’s I’ll run Axe/Mace + Rifle in WvW w/ signet of fury and surge heal. You can basically snipe, go in melee, evis, and then immediately swap back to rifle and snipe (killshot) again or vice versa. But again, get focused, and you almost die immediately. You can swap into sword/shield for a bit of mobility and a block as well on your offset.

in Warrior

Posted by: Traitine.8713

Traitine.8713

I love the rifle. Almost every build I’ve used has a rifle. I do wish it wasn’t a condition damage weapon, but something about that #3 screams awesome to me. I started out with a rifle/sword+shield DPS build, but with all the trait changes since then it’s probably not optimized. I’ve also used Rifle/Sword + Warhorn

http://www.constantwarfare.com/2013/01/speedbleed.html

And a tanky Rifle/Sword+Shield

http://www.constantwarfare.com/2012/11/squadcommander.html

I might try a Rifle/Great sword build next. I avoided GS at first because it was/is fotm, but I found a GS I really like and it’s growing on me.

80 Warrior – Akallos Traitine
www.ConstantWarfare.com

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I do wish it wasn’t a condition damage weapon.

Wish granted!

Aimed shot is condition DURATION (strength line)
Volley is power (strength)
Brutal Shot is more condi dur (strength)
Rifle Butt is knockback (no tree)
Killshot is all power all the time (strength)

Except bleeding shot, half power half condi damage. The Arnold Palmer of rifle skills.

in Warrior

Posted by: Traitine.8713

Traitine.8713

Tea is good. Lemonade is good. Putting them together in any combination does not make them great, unfortunately (to me). I’d prefer all straight damage up front as opposed to some damage up front, and some over time.

Thanks for the try though genie!

80 Warrior – Akallos Traitine
www.ConstantWarfare.com

in Warrior

MasterAbaddon.7839

well. im currently using 0/10/30/0/30 (Hammer/x)

i find rifles strong points are in the crits. not the dot. just like hammers strong points are in the crits as well. so the synergy is nice. i can do dmg while im on downtime gaining distance on them. then when im close i switch to hammer & disable chain them. it either kills them or they peel with stun breakers. but thanks to having a ranged offset i can reset. use 5 if i need to. gain a clean shot with kill shot since really all you need with a rifle is 30 in discipline for burst mastery. because thats 10% * 30% extra crit dmg. + 3% dmg per boon on target. lol at guardians.
you also get cleansing ire when you kill shot. so its nice to have a multipurpose burst of dmg every 7 secs. however LB is a better weapon for burst cleansing, but i just cant find any synergy with LB/Hammer. feels awkward and less advantageous since LB has a 200 yd less range than the range of a rifle. you need to trait for LB in tactics to make the range on par with the rifle which IMO is a waste.

basically when i get a kill shot off they’ll either be otfd (on the floor dieing) or close to dead which i can follow with a number 3. or they’re smart & reset & get away. which can lead to chases on foot that end in failure. but hey you cant win all the fights you encounter in this game. no builds perfect. we’re not that over powered right? we all gotta qq about something.

i get beat up by d/d eles cuz they can burst in and peel fast and reset after whatever dmg i was able to do in that lil time frame because i like using a healing signet.

beserker necros with their staff auto attack critting for 3k is fun too. did i forget marks? no they dont hurt.. can’t really think of any other class to qq about since getting fair 1v1 encounters is pretty rare with the new season up.

aren’t i great? see this is what boredom leads to when you got nothing to do while you wait for class cuz you signed up for college too late. so in between the class gaps you sit in the library and mooch of their computer and write stuff on the forums to get a lot of attention. because thats what we warriors do. we like to brag how manly our builds are and grow lots of chest hair.

yes im saying fotm 0/10/30/0/30 hammer/rifle kicks some serious kittens. go try it. right now!

im curious as to how it will work with perplexity runes but i dont have the right condi set yet.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I roll Rifle/Rifle and Hammer/Mace/Greatsword and 30/30/30/30/30. Its a fairly balanced build.

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Rifle is not bad at all in spvp, especially zerk amy mace/shield/rifle but in wvw for roAming is bad for lack of mobility and zergs will catch up to you.For zerging hammer is superior in all aspects and i also believe the penetration of projectiles is kinda bugged when facing a zerg

in Warrior

mini.6018

I roll Rifle/Rifle and Hammer/Mace/Greatsword and 30/30/30/30/30. Its a fairly balanced build.

I preffer rifle/longbow in onehand and hammer/mace/sword/shield /greatsword in the other so i can pindown the target for the killshot switch to sword to leap and immobilize again, skullcrack for extra 4 second stun, make a full hammer rotation to keep it locked and if the target still lives i use the shield block while running away with greatsword nr5 and 3 not beforei used my bolas, hit bulls charge while having endure pain, berserker stance and signet of dolyak +slBalanced Stance up and running.I keep Shake it Off handy for ohkitten moments in case someone catches up to me but i could always pop the Fear Me too just to be on the safeside.

(edited by mini.6018)

in Warrior

Posted by: Warjin.8942

Warjin.8942

Rif/GS for with a 0/0/30/30/10 build in WVW, and i never ever, ever die 1v1 ,1v2 or 1v3, the reason is the GS escapes with the Rif control, my fav thing to do and play scared by having a small group chase me up top a high cliff, run to the edge, stop swap from my GS to Rif then BAM, watch 3 or more fall to there death lol.

in Warrior

mini.6018

Rif/GS for with a 0/0/30/30/10 build in WVW, and i never ever, ever die 1v1 ,1v2 or 1v3, the reason is the GS escapes with the Rif control, my fav thing to do and play scared by having a small group chase me up top a high cliff, run to the edge, stop swap from my GS to Rif then BAM, watch 3 or more fall to there death lol.

Not sure if worst build ever. (For the weaponset)

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I been running that and i agree that its completely unviable. Gs has nothing to offer outside of spamming 1 and 3, or simply running away, rifle has volley and thats about it. I hope one day its will be as good as spear+harpoon gun..

in Warrior

MasterAbaddon.7839

well. i know i should really be rolling around with a x/shield + hammer or GS weapon set when i go 0/10/30/0/30. However when i did do this i found myself at the mercy to ranged/caster classes even when traited shield mastery or missile deflection. people are just smart and know that a warrior pulling out a shield means he’s coming in to setup a chain. so they just play defensively while i run hoplessly around trying to melee tag them as they slowly pick me off.

So i decided i should pick up a ranged weapon instead of the shield+x so i could actually counter ranged classes by putting some pressure back on them from a distance.

i’ve tried rifle/gs and i found that 0/30/20/0/20 or 0/30/25/0/15 to be the best for this weapon combo. either way i found myself relying heavily on the rifle and only using the GS to gain a peel however. but for this combo the only control i have is the GS 4 and the Rifle 2. and it’s not enough to apply pressure on my target.

as for LB i find it works well with GS and the bola utility to get in nice a 100b twice every 20 secs (LB 5 for the 2nd or first 100b)but a lot of classes i’ve been running into while roaming counter the immobilize condition especially necros when they flip it back on me. so i scratched that off my list

then i tried Hammer/LB which is alright but doesn’t work too well with the gear im running with since im in all beserkers cept a few PPT trinkets and LB is really a Condi ranged weapon. So what’s my other choice for ranged?

DA RIFLE! paired with the hammer i get 2 cleaving knockbacks. 2 burst abilities that can crit for high dmg. & 2 crippling moves. however since im rolling 0/10/30/0/30, my main focus is going to be my hammer since that’s where this build shines. I mainly just use the rifle to get a nice clean kill shot after i knock them back with my hammer 4 or rifle 5. Or lets say my foe escapes my disable chain from my hammer and gets a peel. ill switch to rifle and apply some pressure as i try to close the gap then switch to hammer and start my disable chain again. which is great because when my foe see’s me pull out my rifle & start shooting them with it…. their usual instinct is “oh he’s using ranged, maybe i should move into melee range to counter him” so they instinctually set themselves up for my hard melee chain. if they decide to keep their distance, i just keep gunning them down while i get into melee range. so far i’ve only lost to a ranger once and that’s cuz he kept sending his pet back to block my rifle shots while he kept his distance and pegged me down with arrows.

Condi? (esp torment/confusion) i just use the rifle killshot with cleansing ire & since i don’t move or use any other abilities while channeling killshot i barely get scratched. However since my weapon combo is rifle/hammer & not LB/x i cant afford to keep a nice distance between me and my foe when i want to burst & drop condi. My priority is mainly to stay in the hammer burst range incase my killshot does fail so i can switch to my hammer & quickly drop my condis on the fly. This isn’t necessarily a run in and run out guerilla style play like a lot of warriors like to do in wvw. its mainly focused on picking off squirrels and other solo roamers which is what i find myself doing a lot since zerg battles don’t really feel epic unless you pull a 300 and demolish your outnumbered foes.

I don’t like the cliche style of fighting that most warriors use in wvw where you run in. pick a fight, realize you’re not gonna win, & then zoom! run away. I’ve tried it and while it’s fun to stay alive, it’s depressing to know that deep down inside i just wasted everyones time. To me that doesn’t scream warrior. It screams kittens. I want to stay and fight to the end and grow big hairy man chest hair while im doing it. Fight to the end and win often is my style and with hammer/rifle i get that a lot. I guess it’s a personal preference. I fell in love with it when i got a 5k hammer # 5 crit followed by a 13k kill shot crit on a thief that opened up with a backstab on me. i could feel his tears behind the computer screen.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mindroach.6149

Mindroach.6149

Rifle/Hammer is what I use; great support from the hammer, and the rifle for runners, weapon swap bonus and another ability to use whilst waiting for hammer cooldowns

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

^ 0/30/25/0/15 is definitely the best build for gs/rifle if going for hybrid, but both weapon has the same problem – they need cc to land.

I had great success running with s/s+rifle and well..lets face it, if i reject to use mace/sword to babysit gs, its the worse possible weapon in pvp that world have seen, and the fact that rifle don’t do much damage outside of volley and killshot doesnt help either. Spear+harpoon gun works amazing, gs+rifle is the worse combination u can pick in current state.

Also the bow completely outclasses rifle in every possible way except “omfg wtf was that”, even the range on bow (real untrained is 1250) is superior to rifle

I actually got a few ideas to bring rifle back into pvp, and i will post em soon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

Hell yeah I use the rifle! I’m set up as axe+war horn/rifle. I think I’m running 10/30/0/30/0.
I really love using Opportunist trait against wvwers trying to get into a structure we’re sieging! After playing very defensive for a long time I put points into the precision tree and I’m really having fun with it.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Some adjust are needed, but i will leave it here. Volley and killshot co-efficients are taken from wiki

1. Bleeding shot – make it the same as harpoon gun 1:
0-400 range current damage, 400-800 +50% from current, +800 a +100% dmg from current. Remove bleed.
Its actually makes sense as rifle is a range weapon after all, and has counter – getting closer to us.

2. Aimed shot – double its damage at range 400 or lower. (Personally i still think that its should apply chill but leave the cripple as it is)

3. Nerf base damage of volley by 20%. Reduce co-efficients by 0.25% (current 3.00).
I think its neccessary due to buffing #1 and 2.

4. Brutal shot – increase cd to 18sec, reduced casttime to 3/4, 1sec stun, keep vul, a bit easier to see animation to see its coming from miles to keep it balanced. I see it as set up skill

5. Rifle butt – change to launch.
People definitely recovers too fast from knockback to increase distance a bit from them.

F1 – Our master, mr Killshot:
-reduce base damage by 20%
-reduce co-efficients by 0.25% (lets face it, it scales too good in current state. Current 3.25 at lv3)
-reduce casttime to 3/4sec
-add a target icon on foe from “on my mark” shout for casttime

After these nerfs to killshot its should be like evi, but ranged.

/What do u guys think about it?

in Warrior

MasterAbaddon.7839

Some adjust are needed, but i will leave it here. Volley and killshot co-efficients are taken from wiki

1. Bleeding shot – make it the same as harpoon gun 1:
0-400 range current damage, 400-800 +50% from current, +800 a +100% dmg from current. Remove bleed.
Its actually makes sense as rifle is a range weapon after all, and has counter – getting closer to us.

2. Aimed shot – double its damage at range 400 or lower. (Personally i still think that its should apply chill but leave the cripple as it is)

3. Nerf base damage of volley by 20%. Reduce co-efficients by 0.25% (current 3.00).
I think its neccessary due to buffing #1 and 2.

4. Brutal shot – increase cd to 18sec, reduced casttime to 3/4, 1sec stun, keep vul, a bit easier to see animation to see its coming from miles to keep it balanced. I see it as set up skill

5. Rifle butt – change to launch.
People definitely recovers too fast from knockback to increase distance a bit from them.

F1 – Our master, mr Killshot:
-reduce base damage by 20%
-reduce co-efficients by 0.25% (lets face it, it scales too good in current state. Current 3.25 at lv3)
-reduce casttime to 3/4sec
-add a target icon on foe from “on my mark” shout for casttime

After these nerfs to killshot its should be like evi, but ranged.

/What do u guys think about it?

so you’re basically saying. give rifle more sustained dps & drop its current state of burst dps every cd. I kinda like the idea. means less weaponswapping for me

oh & btw. LB untraited has a range of 1k yds. traited it gets 1.2k like the rifle. check again

in Warrior

Posted by: Tankvieh.5796

Tankvieh.5796

I been running that and i agree that its completely unviable. Gs has nothing to offer outside of spamming 1 and 3, or simply running away, rifle has volley and thats about it. I hope one day its will be as good as spear+harpoon gun..

what? i agree that its not necesarrly the best setup but i run it regularly with good success.
You might not win 1vs1 vs a good thief but if you are having issues anytime you can usually disengage with GS and riffle is great to burst people down before they even realice what is up.

also great for catching up with runners, GS 5+3+4 then bullscharge + HB then switch to riffle and nuke to death.

very nice in long drawn out defense or offense zerg fights because you can punish and missplacement by someone bursting him from 100-0 in 4 seconds, also good for killing defenders on the wall

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJARUjkOJvtQyOMxBkzjkIAXC1j5oOijUBxA-jUgAJfR0YBA-w

since 3 days i am running a standard hammer / s+wh pvt build which also works very well. But miss a bit the ability to contribute anything during the siege phase.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

so you’re basically saying. give rifle more sustained dps & drop its current state of burst dps every cd. I kinda like the idea. means less weaponswapping for me

oh & btw. LB untraited has a range of 1k yds. traited it gets 1.2k like the rifle. check again

Its will still be remains bursty, but damage will be moved a bit to other skills. In current state its has 2 burst skills, both takes 2sec to cast, rest is crap. To improve rest, we must nerf something. As i said killshot will turn into long range evi after these changes.

And about range rifle vs lb, try dummies in LA, once u run out of range with rifle, switch to lb.

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

what? i agree that its not necesarrly the best setup but i run it regularly with good success.
You might not win 1vs1 vs a good thief but if you are having issues anytime you can usually disengage with GS and riffle is great to burst people down before they even realice what is up.

also great for catching up with runners, GS 5+3+4 then bullscharge + HB then switch to riffle and nuke to death.

very nice in long drawn out defense or offense zerg fights because you can punish and missplacement by someone bursting him from 100-0 in 4 seconds, also good for killing defenders on the wall

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJARUjkOJvtQyOMxBkzjkIAXC1j5oOijUBxA-jUgAJfR0YBA-w

since 3 days i am running a standard hammer / s+wh pvt build which also works very well. But miss a bit the ability to contribute anything during the siege phase.

The point is, not everyone wants to run away. Ive dropped gs+rifle combo and moved to axe/shield+lb.. I can’t run from 1v1 and i don’t have to, as i taking ppl on breakfast, just yesterday ive saw gs+rifle warrior and i told to myself “poor guy” when i facerolled him.

Gs+rifle might seems good in killing noobs/new players but thats about it. As for zerking rifle inst good either. Take a look on lb:

-arcing arrow, hard hitting aoe (in pure gc 10k per person will be normal, thats up to 50k every 10sec mind u.)

-combu shot, on max adrenaline 7sec fire combo field that deals damage while u can do something else. Also its offers might stacking to zerk/dung party

Rifle was actually created with 1v1 in mind, thats why it lacking aoe, but the problem is, its doesnt work in these situations. If its pve, spvp, wvw its doesnt matter, in every format rifle is outclasses by lb

in Warrior

Posted by: AtoBoss.2906

AtoBoss.2906

0/20/20/0/30 or 0/10/30/0/30: rifle-m/s for the lols. Basically mace stun, volley, rifle butt or kick. Then 2 and start kiting till the mace stun up again. Unsuspecting foe will give you around a 8-10k volley and 8k+ killshot.

Holycowow

in Warrior

mini.6018

0/20/20/0/30 or 0/10/30/0/30: rifle-m/s for the lols. Basically mace stun, volley, rifle butt or kick. Then 2 and start kiting till the mace stun up again. Unsuspecting foe will give you around a 8-10k volley and 8k+ killshot.

Good guy he gets it.Only I personally refuse to ever spec UF for balance issues.Just grow some beard and go zerk gear/amulet and still in wvw is subpar because running away from zergs is unfortunately the first thing on the to do list while starting a build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Warjin.8942

Warjin.8942

Works for me, i have no problem killing anyone, well bunker builds are a pain and no one wins, for me this build and setup is perfect for solo play, i never played pur dps builds in any mmo, i always played tanky classes and builds, also with this build no on can run from me at all, or kite me, i can and will go toe to toe with a pure range class and win because they cant put a dent on my health but i can whittle them down. I also forgot to say i use pure claircs gear and soilder runes to remove conditions, so im stacking 4condition removals via shouts that also heal me for over 2k, so over 8k triggered healing ontop of passive every 30 seconds, my effective health is over 70k

in Warrior

Posted by: Mindroach.6149

Mindroach.6149