Rising Raiden WvW Solo roam Warrior Build

in Warrior

Posted by: SjLeOrx.1405

SjLeOrx.1405

Hello,

I’ve came accross “Rising Raiden” WvW build that this guy is using for his warrior solo roam.

I think it’s great, looks really powerfull and the weapons are those of my choice.

The video is from may 2014, how viable will it be today?

I also would not mind using Sword/Shield and Greatsword if that’s more viable these days.

Here’s the video and build:
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQey7VvELeE
Build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fJEQNAneRjMd0FaZImdwJaAmgCdnPBfwx0OAU+EfOA-T1CFABFcCAa4IAYnOAAeAAFq+zVKBRS5kDHCgkUykm2mW2fIAACwNbz28mBO6RP6RP6R7m38m38m3sUAMJMC-w

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

That is perfectly viable still. It’s that or 4 0 6 0 4. Those two are pretty much the standard GS WvW builds.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

I wouldn’t call it his build. This is the standard trait setup for a balanced warrior build. So, everyone runs it. He just happens to make videos of it.

I wouldn’t do sword/shield. Not enough damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: LuXx.9354

LuXx.9354

Sword shield ? Final Thrust is quite op.
More mobility, immobilizing, I use the sword more like a “tool” than a damage weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shadow.9641

Shadow.9641

Build is still viable, with the mobility you can avoid a lot of problems – as Raiden says in the vid.

Sw & Sh aren´t the DMG-Weapons, but compared they are a kitten good base to deal nearly unavoidable DMG and they give you really good mobility aka “bye bye angry crowd”

@ Gamgee: took the Spike-Version … insane, Aba´s and AR´s are bleeding! Thx for the advice m8

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

I wouldn’t call it his build. This is the standard trait setup for a balanced warrior build. So, everyone runs it. He just happens to make videos of it.

I wouldn’t do sword/shield. Not enough damage.

A 7-10K single hit that’s cleaving 3 people and that’s fairly easy to set up on a 15 sec CD isn’t enough damage? Either you’re very bad for not making use of that damage or you don’t run Sword enough. Probably the later though. Here’s a few screens mashed together: They’re all on full scaled 80’s. Ofcourse hitting this high with 3K armor requires a lot of might stacks or a squishy target, but still I’d say the burst on sword is insane. There’s also a leap on 600 range on 8 second cooldown. The mobility on sword will make you able to drop 200 toughness because you will evade so much more damage, and you have no stationary skills that you have to set up, unlike the GS. Only thing that it does worse than GS imo is fleeing and exiting fights. But that’s not my style anyway.

@Shadow Hey man, glad you enjoy it Aye the spike is crazy :P

Attachments:

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

(edited by Gamgee.8612)