Roll call distracting strikes M/S LB warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

How you all like using this distracting strikes based build? I’m curious about exploring it using perplexity runes or is that overkill?

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

warriors interrupts are on power-based weapons and that trait is the only confusion warrior can apply without perplexity.. pretty bad over all compared to other classes running plex but still broken enough to kill 80% of the wvw population xD

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Xtinct.7031

So would something like carrion or celestial be best for optimizing the distraction strikes build over dire or rabid considering the power-based interrupts?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I actually ran a Mace/Shield, Sword/Sword build when testing out plex runes way back when, it works ok-ish.

Thing about M/S – LB, you have 0 mobility…

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

Its a poorly placed trait, its in the second tier of the Power tree but is only effected by Conditions??????

So you have to trait high enough in power to get it but be a Condition Warrior to benefit from it!

Silly

in Warrior

Xtinct.7031

heh, have you ever seen anyone using this build? Frankly, the amount of confusion and rate of reapplication of confusion is not silly.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

That build is so distracting, I can’t even see the link to it anywhere in here. :P

Yep, I’ve google everything I can come up with and cannot find whatever build the OP is talking about. I’ve even tried searching Xtinct’s post history…

What is the ‘roll call’ or this build and where?

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

(edited by Kichwas.7152)

in Warrior

Xtinct.7031

in Warrior

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

Thank you for the citation, and no I was not kidding.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hi,

The build you’ve linked should be correct for PvP Conquest. For WvW, not so much, because of its lack of mobility. An opponent who does not manage to overcome you can simply run away.

I’ve been playing mace/shield + sword/sword a bit in the past, not using the Runes of Perplexity but using the Runes of the Guardian. It was quite a strong build, playable in PvP as well.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQRAsc5ejMdUGaVImdwJigjgC5I0BGDgb+UBocLyCA-TpRFwAAeAAD3fIxRAIaZAFHEAEnAAA

I’ve been roaming with the Runes of Perplexity for a long time, but using sword/shield + longbow, not the mace. I found the build a bit less potent than a pure condition build, but doing wonders about players not monitoring confusion (not high level roamers obviously, who’d simply disengage you). It only has two interrupts, but I’ve found that these were enough, provided you didn’t waste them (I’ve run full physical utilities as well, for more interrupts, it’s interesting).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAseTjMdUGaVImdwJigjgC5I0BGDgb+UBoMLGDA-TFSFABLcCAcR9HAeCAfoPwJlfBv/ACHCgsUCSIAFzBA-w

Regards.