Rousing Resilience needs an ICD

in Warrior

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I don’t see the logic behind this massive sustain overbuff on war while at the same time you nerf the sustain of others

Let’s try this time to have an “unbiased” discussion, there is too many stacked traits on warrior…and I’d rather don’t talk about it. I want to ignore all of it, let them have it all!….but pls just take a look at Rousing Resilience.

A really broken combo on war atm is Rousing Resilience + Outrage

By combining the two a warrior can:

-Increase his toughness by 1000
-Stunbreaker
-Gain adrenaline
-Heal for over 2.5k health at 0 healing power

And this every 10s..I’m not even considering : Healing Signet; Adrenaline health; Dead or alive; blocks; reflects tc etc

Now I’m not asking to destroy war sustain, we just need an ICD on Rousing Resilience; especially now that you buffed war endure pain, allowing them to chain both the trait and utility

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I understand that but in this condi meta how many warriors takes Rousing Resilience instead of Cleansing Ire? I can see this when facing an enemy power comp but most of the time its at least half condi classes against you.

And when you say ICD, do you mean more than 10s since Outrage has a 10s CD?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Warrior

Posted by: LinhZeri.6412

LinhZeri.6412

I think the passive traits (with skills) need to be completely changed to something new instead of a trait that has been here for over a year without even being noticed lol. But just my opinion. So many easy fixes yet probably never be done sadly. And outrage is a new skill which should prob have a HIGHER cooldown as 10 seconds stun break lol… oh yeah “balance” lol.

in Warrior

Supreme.3164

I understand that but in this condi meta how many warriors takes Rousing Resilience instead of Cleansing Ire? I can see this when facing an enemy power comp but most of the time its at least half condi classes against you.

Indeed more than 10s CD so that warriors can’t chain Outrage with it, I’d say a 15s ICD, so that Outrage must b used wisely rather than spammed with non consequence

in Warrior

Supreme.3164

I think the passive traits (with skills) need to be completely changed to something new instead of a trait that has been here for over a year without even being noticed lol. But just my opinion. So many easy fixes yet probably never be done sadly. And outrage is a new skill which should prob have a HIGHER cooldown as 10 seconds stun break lol… oh yeah “balance” lol.

Absolutely! A 10s CD stunbreaker?…I see a “little” bias here

in Warrior

Posted by: havoktwo.2147

havoktwo.2147

Most of the time Clensing Ire > Rousing Resilience.

It’s fine as it is.

in Warrior

Supreme.3164

It’s fine as it is.

If you don’t take it…why do you care if it’s changed or not?

in Warrior

Posted by: havoktwo.2147

havoktwo.2147

It’s fine as it is.

If you don’t take it…why do you care if it’s changed or not?

I do change to it ocassionally.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

It’s fine.

warriors got passive sustain through healing signet and adrenal health.

Adrenal health becomes harder to pull of the higher the skill level of the player the warrior is facing at a certain point Adrenal health alone becomes unrelibale and will need some additional support. Espically for power warriors that go double melee aka Great axe. Warriors got no regenration, protection or blocks. And given u have high spike burst damage classes such as thiefs, heralds, Medi Trappers putting an ICD on it becomes a problem. Rousing resiliance is our version of pseudo protection and heals.

If u nerf rousing resilence u nerf power warriors even more. Macebow will be mostly unaffected.

Rousing resiliance is fine.

(edited by Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318)

in Warrior

Spartacus.3192

Absolutely! A 10s CD stunbreaker?…I see a “little” bias here

I would agree with you there. 15 sec would be appropriate meaning approx 50% uptime on the rousing resilience effects compared to 80% uptime right now.

in Warrior

Supreme.3164

It’s fine.

Adrenal health becomes harder to pull of the higher the skill level of the player the warrior is facing at a certain point Adrenal health alone becomes unrelibale and will need some additional support. Espically for power warriors that go double melee aka Great axe. Warriors got no regenration, protection or blocks. And given u have high spike burst damage classes such as thiefs, heralds, Medi Trappers putting an ICD on it becomes a problem. Rousing resiliance is our version of pseudo protection and heals.

If u nerf rousing resilence u nerf power warriors even more. Macebow will be mostly unaffected.

Very well! In that case we nerf Outrage a 10s CD stunbreaker on a class that enjoy so many passive +easy access to pulsating stability. The latest “nerf” is indication of what I’m trying to say; warrior has too much passive sustain atm, it’s too forgiving and rewarding, it takes 5x the effort to put them down

A 10s CD stunbreaker…it just shows what one of the devs in charge of balance use as main…..

in Warrior

It’s fine.

Very well! In that case we nerf Outrage a 10s CD stunbreaker on a class that enjoy so many passive +easy access to pulsating stability. The latest “nerf” is indication of what I’m trying to say; warrior has too much passive sustain atm, it’s too forgiving and rewarding, it takes 5x the effort to put them down

A 10s CD stunbreaker…it just shows what one of the devs in charge of balance use as main…..

adrenal health is not passive.

cleansing ire is not passive

I don’t call that too forgiving they are traits that actually require u to hit somebody get some heals in.

The above have viable counters. through blinds, kiting etc. Even worse for power warriors running greataxe or some variation of double melee. Heck even ragezerker has a glaric issue. that class runs without even disipline wich means less condi cleanse and normal movement speed that and it bieng double melee and running viper amulet. the sustain is fine as it is. And Macebow runs cleansing ire. Power warrior runs rousing resiliance ussually. and blood reaction.

Healing signet,death or alive and defy pain are the only things u can call passive sustain.

U cannot stack sustain on sustain on sustainon sustain each other. U cannot have rousing resiliance+cleansing ire stacked together.

It’s healing signet+ 1 of the 2+ death or alive in some cases. I’d hardly call that too many passives. with both cleansing ire and rousing resiliance requiring an active action.

Infact warrios passive sustain atm was unchanged from the moment it got an AH buff. Infact the only thing they did was even shave off a bit of Adrenal health. It’s not a thing of the present. Not sure what u are talking about here.

a 10 sec stunbreaker is not what u need to focus your attention on. It wasn’t game breaking then and it isn’t now. It’s like warriors use outrage everytime or that things such as chilled and slow have no affect on them. Heck tempests have 40 percent damage reduction on protection and they can pretty much use Auras on their shouts+ dagger skill 5 on fire, shocking aura and thier overloads. And each aura heals for 1305, grants regenration of 1305 over 5 seconds and protection 40 percent damage reduction..

The pulsing stability is only stack of stability. Warriors can still be hard CC’ed. by Gravity wells, Medi Trappers, or focused in battle. And when u do that they cannot activate thier adrenel health or cleansing ire.

Warrior is fine. not much changed infact it got weaker in terms of sustain slightly. I see no reason to change warrior sustain at all.

They simply need to revert back the changes on tempest.

in Warrior

Spartacus.3192

I don’t call that too forgiving they are traits that actually require u to hit somebody get some heals in.

Except for the idiotic thing where if you have a Longbow you DON’T actually have to hit anybody to proc Adrenal Health and Cleansing Ire. Just Press F1 and boom clear condis and get Heals…..

And since LB is meta most warriors are using it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

RR is the chesse that every class has atm so its fine

remove them all or none

in Warrior

Except for the idiotic thing where if you have a Longbow you DON’T actually have to hit anybody to proc Adrenal Health and Cleansing Ire. Just Press F1 and boom clear condis and get Heals…..

Yes u do. It’s called AOE. U can kite on the sides of a node, disenage etc.

And boom clear condis is true.

Boom get health is passive level similar to the signet in essence and doesn’t qualify as a burst heal.

in Warrior

Spartacus.3192

Boom get health is passive level similar to the signet in essence and doesn’t qualify as a burst heal.

Unless its been changed recently you do NOT have to hit anything for Cleansing Ire to proc on LB. This has been the case since at least HAMBOW days. I can be all alone on a side point and drop LB burst and it will clear condis and give me adrenal health with no enemy even remotely near me.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

You might want to check how Adrenal and Cleansing Ire work with Longbow. As soon as they hit the ground, even with no enemies in a mile radius, you get your benefits.

Are you saying it is active to hit the ground? Maybe the ground needs to learn to dodge better?

in Warrior

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

A condi meta? In legendary division and maybe emrald all dh are power except few in burn guard, thieves/rev are power, druid/ele are power hybrid heal, mesmer/necro are hybrid power/condi damage. I think we don’t p’ay the same game, the condi meta doesnt exist it’s a power burst meta actually dude. And the resistance gives by healing signet and adrenaline stance are enough

in Warrior

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Rousing Resilience doesn’t stack. If a Warrior breaks a stun 3 seconds after breaking a previous one, they still only have 8 seconds of toughness. It’s disadvantages to break stuns too quickly, or else they won’t have a CD up once the toughness is gone.

That is, this would be the case if Outrage was balanced. 10 second CD stunbreak is way to low. 15 seconds is better. And if you think that’s imbalanced because Daredevils have a stunbreak and a block on a 15 second CD, do you really think that’s a problem with the warrior CD being too long? Or could that just maybe be a problem with Daredevils having too short of a CD?

in Warrior

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Rousing Resilience doesn’t stack. If a Warrior breaks a stun 3 seconds after breaking a previous one, they still only have 8 seconds of toughness. It’s disadvantages to break stuns too quickly, or else they won’t have a CD up once the toughness is gone.

That is, this would be the case if Outrage was balanced. 10 second CD stunbreak is way to low. 15 seconds is better. And if you think that’s imbalanced because Daredevils have a stunbreak and a block on a 15 second CD, do you really think that’s a problem with the warrior CD being too long? Or could that just maybe be a problem with Daredevils having too short of a CD?

honestly until im seeing 5 man warrior team im just gonna say its fine. its obviously only a problem to a few sucky people. if the class was so cheese it would be super popular. which it isnt.

im bad at sarcasm

in Warrior

Unless its been changed recently you do NOT have to hit anything for Cleansing Ire to proc on LB. This has been the case since at least HAMBOW days. I can be all alone on a side point and drop LB burst and it will clear condis and give me adrenal health with no enemy even remotely near me.

Oh come on man. It’s a kittening bug. It will be fixed. So why bring it up in the first place? for all intents and purposes it doesn’t exist when discussing balance. It’s nothing short of impractical to bring it up.

in Warrior

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

This. If your enemy isn’t packing a ton of stuns (they rarely are), then you only have your self stun to get it from, then if your self stun doesn’t land then you get nothing. Meanwhile cleansing ire can remove up to 3 condis every 3 seconds.

in Warrior

Supreme.3164

honestly until im seeing 5 man warrior team im just gonna say its fine. its obviously only a problem to a few sucky people. if the class was so cheese it would be super popular. which it isnt.

For somebody who started playing warrior after he was buffed..you do surely talk big, calling others noobs, where were you before the buffs?

But nvm, they’ve moved the thread to the warrior subsection, I won’t waste time discussing with biased and fotm tools….the nerfs will come eventually, enjoy the wave..it’ll go down eventually

in Warrior

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

i whoud like to remind you OP,that war have only stances in pvp,unless any other class,which can actualy select what to pick,war is LOCKED in stances and to suggest that Stun break,which have basicly no usage in anywere in game,shoud be even nerfed?
i whoud love to remind you that war as only class,have all gap closers broken beyond belive,so you are basicly all time tank,which whoud love to hit something.
all guardians cry about mobility,but in curent meta,war is slowest char in pvp.

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Duration doesn’t stack: doesn’t need ICD

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

In response to Title:

No.
It.
Does.
Not.

in Warrior

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

No, it does not need a internal cooldown. Its requires a trigger.
Just because Outrage has a 10s CD, it does not mean everyone will breakstun every 10s or use Berserker to gain access to Outrage.

To me, this is nothing compared to what I was trying to do a while back.
I actually made a build and tried to abuse RR with Runes of the Tempest.
Check it out, it consisted of 3 stunbreakers. 1 would heal for 7054 and the other 2 would heal for 5087. The healing was insane but the only thing that stopped this build from being viable was that it required a stunbreaker. Some people coundn’t figure out why I wouldn’t go down. While others who didn’t used fear or any control effects, the build was pretty much ineffective. Usually it ended up with me going down because all other professions had superior skills than warrior. (This was before the last patch, I’m sure adrenal health will give this build a boost.)

Point is, Warrior needs better skills than just mixing RR + Outrage together. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great combination. But its also in a tough spot, standing between Last Stand and Cleansing Ire and because of this, I don’t think they would nerf RR.

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

@ op. you are right.

look at our defence traitline…..how stacked it is compared to the others. nothing on warrior is placed properly.

that said….warriors really can only spec condi or power resistance. its1 or the other. killingf 1 is dependent on finding what they didnt stack. the class is a mess tbh…..it has stitches and emergency amputation marks all over it. if u mess with its balance ur likely to kill it completely.

but ya rr is clearly op against a mob of power users……but where does that exist? and u have to stun them…..so dont stun them mbe? when u spec for certain situations u should be rewarded…rr might be a bit extreme tho but it has the same kind of impact as cleansing ire so how wpuld it be fair to not nerf ci too? warrior is a mess

anets solution will prolly be to nerf balanced state lololol…they alrdy did with the buff to dolyak signet and stances like berserkers

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

before they fixed warrior, there were tons of Stuns going around, and i ran a Warrior build that used RR as it’s main survival. I found that the only time the build became viable was in a large fight, where i was pretty much guaranteed to get stunned. I also ran Headbut, and purposefully used it as often as possible to stun my self so that I could break the stun for heals. This was back when a warrior has laughable survival and all it did was give me enough time to stand in a fight. another problem was that stability actually hinders RR. if you can’t be stunned then you cannot heal yourself, so my build ran as little stability as possible because I WANTED to get stunned. Balanced stance is great because it procs rousing resilience, but the problem was that after using it, i was actually susceptible to damage for about 12 seconds. So, while i ran it, i always had to be very careful about when to use it.

in Warrior

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

I don’t see the logic behind this massive sustain overbuff on war while at the same time you nerf the sustain of others

Let’s try this time to have an “unbiased” discussion, there is too many stacked traits on warrior…and I’d rather don’t talk about it. I want to ignore all of it, let them have it all!….but pls just take a look at Rousing Resilience.

-Stunbreaker
-Gain adrenaline

And this every 10s..I’m not even considering : Healing Signet; Adrenaline health; Dead or alive; blocks; reflects tc etc

Now I’m not asking to destroy war sustain, we just need an ICD on Rousing Resilience; especially now that you buffed war endure pain, allowing them to chain both the trait and utility

I like how this guy QQ with warrior while playing Druid as main Lol

how about we nerf that druid sustain/mobility first

in Warrior

Spartacus.3192

Oh come on man. It’s a kittening bug. It will be fixed. So why bring it up in the first place? for all intents and purposes it doesn’t exist when discussing balance. It’s nothing short of impractical to bring it up.

Sorry dude but I have to bring it up because its been around like FOREVER, And if ANET hasn’t fixed it by now you cannot simply ignore it. ANET has had plenty of balance patches to fix it. Its been mentioned on forums plenty of times and ANET has never ever acknowleged it. So forgive me but it exists, its real, its been here for a very long time. Its very powerful in pvp and practically the major reason why Longbow is meta. So you cannot ignore it.

in Warrior

Sorry dude but I have to bring it up because its been around like FOREVER, And if ANET hasn’t fixed it by now you cannot simply ignore it. ANET has had plenty of balance patches to fix it. Its been mentioned on forums plenty of times and ANET has never ever acknowleged it. So forgive me but it exists, its real, its been here for a very long time. Its very powerful in pvp and practically the major reason why Longbow is meta. So you cannot ignore it.

No u don’t bring it up in this thread. For how long a bug stays is irrelevant. U are subjecting an healthy functioning trait to an skill that is clearly broken in the most literall sense of the word a skill that is not supposed to work like that. It’s what u call incorrect information. U don’t subject the nerf or buffs of other traits around a bug. A bug that ussually follows know sound logic and thus balancing around a bug which can cause certain skills to overperform or underperform. In this case overperform. If u for example think cleansing ire is overpowered because of longbow overperforming and thus signficantly nerf the trait which will have effects on other primal bursts.of for example less effective weapons then the longbow.

Like seriously who in thier right mind brings this up in a thread discussing balance of warrior sustain.

They are other times to bring this up. And this is not one of them. It’s incredibly dishonest.

in Warrior

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

-Stunbreaker
-Gain adrenaline

you wanted to have a discussion about it so lets just try to have a logically debate about it.

1- Its the 3rd best option trait wise out of 3

2- To be stunned you need no stability, you are playing with a light saber at this very moment

3- A build with this trait, with a utility rage skill and endure the pain requires a high level of skill to play at a high level. Heck for people starting with warrior and not using longbow i always suggest the stance trait for longer up time. Its a safer trait to take.

4- You are talking about nerfing a trait and 1 rage skill that go hand in hand with one another. There is no need to play either if both are nerfed.

This is a silly topic thread but since i had 10 minutes i thought i play along.

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

-Stunbreaker
-Gain adrenaline

Sorry are we talking about warrior or druid?…compare the two. RR doesn’t hold a candle to a druids capacity to sustain. If you wanna make suggestions on sustain, best start from the top down. Healing sig, adrenal health have all been nerfed over previous patches. If you’re having a hard time with warrior sustain, it is either a food buff derived (Which anyone can use.) Or it is because you simply can’t create enough spike damage..or worse your using your best DPS spike while endure pain is about to proc.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

In fairness, he might just be misdiagnosing the problem as CntrlAltDefeat noted.

Even with RR though, perhaps he’s putting a cc on a Berserker, who then uses Headbutt to break it (for 2500 health) and then Savage Instinct to break the self-stun (for another 2500).

It’s a big heal, especially when piled onto other warrior heals/invulns. But it can be managed by changing up game play, and it pales in comparison to the sustain of the class he (apparently) mains.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)