Rune and heal skill choice

in Warrior

Posted by: Murderin.8269

Murderin.8269

I run a basic faceroll zerker axe build in WvW.

I haven’t played in a while, and I heard that runes were changed to actually be useful. My gear is still full jewels at the moment. Any recommendations on rune sets would be nice.

Also heal skill recommendations too, I’m not sure what all has changed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Ogre are a consistent damage increase runeset, Melandru is decent if you need help against conditions.

Healing Signet is still quite strong, only 8% less than pre-change. Healing Surge is nice if you need more adrenaline and is a better spike heal. Mending/Defiant are generally too weak to recommend for roaming.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

in Warrior

Murderin.8269

Thanks for the reply.

Any more opinions? Scholar looks pretty good.

I always used mending in the past, I guess there are better options now. I’ll need to do some research I guess.

Some more opinions would be appreciated though.

in Warrior

Da Sonic.6521

Thanks for the reply.

Any more opinions? Scholar looks pretty good.

I always used mending in the past, I guess there are better options now. I’ll need to do some research I guess.

Some more opinions would be appreciated though.

With regards to Scholar, it’s way too hard to stay above 90% health out of PvE, and if you’re above 90% health long enough for it to matter you generally shouldn’t need help winning that fight.
Generally you’ll want a rune set that is always an active bonus, or can help you come back from a losing position. Depending on Sigil and Elite choice (Sigil of Battle or Strength and Signet of Rage), Runes of Strength could function extremely similarly to Scholar runes, but always be active given a might stack, making them a much more consistent choice that helps even if you aren’t topped off on health. Do mind the price, they’re pretty expensive still.

in Warrior

Murderin.8269

I’ve always used Bloodlust and Force sigils, I’m not sure if there are better options these days. I do indeed use the Rage elite.

Is there an easy way to get runes off for ascended gear? I don’t really want to salvage my transmog pieces. Runes are too expensive to buy twice.

Edit: Ouch, Strength runes are out of my price range for a while.

(edited by Murderin.8269)

in Warrior

Posted by: Highchu.3806

Highchu.3806

Strength (Assaulter) 14g/each
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Strength

Hoelbrak (Balanced) 4g/each
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Hoelbrak

Melandru (Bunker) 8g/each
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Melandru

Those are the 3 best runes for just about any Warrior build. If you can afford it full Strength is the way to go for a dps build (Perma Might+7% dmg boost). Hoelbrak is the budget alternative that has lower Might duration, but offers (-20% condition duration) which is incredibly useful in WvW/PvP. I’d only use Melandru if you really need the extra Toughness. If you are mostly Zerging rather than solo roaming you probably wouldn’t need it.

As for Heal skills “Signet of Healing” is basically our only viable choice. The other burst heals can’t really sustain us and the CD are too long. You might be able to make do with “Healing Surge”, but it requires you to have full Adrenaline to get a decent heal out of it.

(edited by Highchu.3806)

in Warrior

Murderin.8269

Do you think Hoelbrak would be a noticeable change versus 6 Ruby Orbs?

in Warrior

Da Sonic.6521

Ruby Orbs lost a whole lot of value with the Ferocity nerf. Hoelbrak would be a pretty nice improvement if you can give yourself a decent amount of might, but is, in my opinion, decidedly weaker than Strength or Melandru, especially given the fact you’d still be paying 24g for a set.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by :

Is there an easy way to get runes off for ascended gear? I don’t really want to salvage my transmog pieces. Runes are too expensive to buy twice.

There’s no cost effective way to remove runes from armor without destroying the armor. Upgrade Extractors are the only way to do so and they cost a fair amount of gems. Do keep in mind you can reskin any piece of armor to any unlocked skin for a Transmutation Charge, and can get those charges for free by PvPing or starting a new character and doing map completion for starter towns.

in Warrior

Murderin.8269

Ah I completely forgot that they replaced the transmute stones with the wardrobe feature.

Thanks.