Rune of Perplexity on Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Are insanely OP.

Has anyone some WvWvW footage/montage of a condi-perplexity warrior, just for the lulz?

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

I posted a few photos, but no video.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Is Insanely Funny
because your interrupts last more then a second, so the trait and rune are both counterproductive.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Jharkin.9357

Jharkin.9357

I’ve been having more luck with it 1v1 then in zergs/groups and only have taken a couple of videos just for myself. Nothing real awe inspiring, but I’m just an average player.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I’ve been having more luck with it 1v1 then in zergs/groups and only have taken a couple of videos just for myself. Nothing real awe inspiring, but I’m just an average player.

You took forever to kill him and he almost killed you.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Nice footage, I saw you both were running perplexity.

I’m really considering to level up the warrior I’ve parked before the ranger.

in Warrior

Jharkin.9357

You took forever to kill him and he almost killed you.

Bunker build, plus I’m not particularly good. Have yet to lose a 1v1 though with the build, although a lot of stalemates. Would have done better if I timed my stomp / bull’s charge better.

in Warrior

Jharkin.9357

Nice footage, I saw you both were running perplexity.

I’m really considering to level up the warrior I’ve parked before the ranger.

Stability really puts the stoppers on the rune and that’s the first thing good players put up when they see you coming at them with a hammer. Against bad players it’s pretty comical. The quickest I have been able to stack 25 confusions is about 6-8 seconds. I was able to get a video of one, but regretfully I had the guy stun locked and he didn’t get off an ability.

I’m not sure if he had rune of perplexity or not. I did notice the confusion on me, but he may have had the warrior ability to inflict confusion on interrupt. I used that ability as well and was able to stack 9 confusion per interrupt instead of 5 that the rune usually does.

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Is Insanely Funny
because your interrupts last more then a second, so the trait and rune are both counterproductive.

We’re talking about 10s+ confusions and the stun will probably trigger them spamming stunbreak→evasive skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Are insanely OP.

Has anyone some WvWvW footage/montage of a condi-perplexity warrior, just for the lulz?

A.You have to interrupt someone doing sometihng in order for confusion to happen. So in some instances even though you CCed a target, they won’t get confusion.

B. You need significant condition duration increase to have that confusion effective. It is so short and burns as your cc wears off. Guess what..they aren’t doing any action while being CCed and so confusion won’t have any effect.

C. You sacrifice 20 points into a crappy line and you might be forced to sacrifice your runes for perplexity.

D.You are forced to drop either LB or S/S as a ful condi warrior to replace it with hammer or mace shield. Hammer is not favorable to some due to it’s clunky and predictable nature.

E.It is rendered useless with stability. Ppl pop stability vs. hammer warrior or even take a gamble and pop it randomly vs. a mace one.

F.Few ppl slot interrupts in their slot skills to try and squeeze in balanced stance/dolyak, endure pain and berserker stance. Some ppl might slot stomp but that’s it.

This is just on paper. I guess we’ll have to wait for a vid to show us if it is effective -in spvp-.

(edited by XII.9401)

in Warrior

Posted by: raudence.7961

raudence.7961

I’ve tried it out. It’s pretty strong. But its all ‘conditional’. I’ll just leave this and be on my way now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm3jX4yfA08 &feature=player_detailpage#t=131

(edited by raudence.7961)

in Warrior

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Are insanely OP.

A.You have to interrupt someone doing sometihng in order for confusion to happen. So in some instances even though you CCed a target, they won’t get confusion.

B. You need significant condition duration increase to have that confusion effective. It is so short and burns as your cc wears off. Guess what..they aren’t doing any action while being CCed and so confusion won’t have any effect.

C. You sacrifice 20 points into a crappy line and you might be forced to sacrifice your runes for perplexity.

D.You are forced to drop either LB or S/S as a ful condi warrior to replace it with hammer or mace shield. Hammer is not favorable to some due to it’s clunky and predictable nature.

E.It is rendered useless with stability. Ppl pop stability vs. hammer warrior or even take a gamble and pop it randomly vs. a mace one.

F.Few ppl slot interrupts in their slot skills to try and squeeze in balanced stance/dolyak, endure pain and berserker stance. Some ppl might slot stomp but that’s it.

This is just on paper. I guess we’ll have to wait for a vid to show us if it is effective -in spvp-.

Don’t forget

G.Forum whine will cause these runes (and this build), to be put in the same bin that glamour mesmers were chucked in.

in Warrior

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Not my vid, through super hilarious.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Warrior

Posted by: Drek Thalon.5490

Drek Thalon.5490

I’ve played around with a confusion build in pvp using Mace + Sword / Sword + Shield.
Your damage comes from Confusion, Torment, Bleed, Retaliation, and Reflection.

You have 3 interrupts, 3 blocks, and access to other powerful conditions. It’s a very technical build that works best in small skirmish situations (2v2 3v3). It’s great when you kill people because they do the work for ya! They move around (torment) spamming skills (confusion) while trying to damage you (retaliation / reflection) and end up killing themselves!

I really wish the perplexity rune was available in pvp because this would be great for this build!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQRApc8ejcOxwpQuQMxBE0DsoKEQjCjQ8OKSipA-TwAAzCpIaS1krJTTymsNNqYVxujZHA

(edited by Drek Thalon.5490)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

Is Insanely Funny

As a Warrior I have always used a Rampager condition build (20/30/0/0/20 beeing my latest one), and with Sword&Shield + Rifle. It always worked fine for me, even without perplexity runes, I was able to dish out 3 short interupts. Because you know, your interupt skills aren’t limited to your weapon set but also your utilities(and those are rather short duration knocks or stuns). Kick does a wonderfull job to take advantage of distracting strike, and while Rifle can be builded for burst damage, it can also be builded for sustained dps if you take a Rampager gear set and its interupt cooldown is rather short when traited for it.

What kills me most, is the fact everyone was whining about how distracting strike was bad, and all that kind of stuff, even when it got buffed from 3 stacks during 5sec to 4 stacks during 8sec. I recall seeing threads asking to replace it with something else (wonder if you, Daecello didn’t whrite one of those either…), and now that we get the Runes of Perplexity, everyone is crying about the new confusion rune beeing OP while the Warrior has been able to do that for a while to a bit lesser extend.

And even if you build around getting 9 stacks of confusions with your Warrior on interupts, you end up loosing something you may need like an extra 30% bleed duration for condi, or physical damage if you go with Mace (wich I don’t recommend), or survival traits like Shield Mastery, Cleansing Ire, Adrenal health if you build a more defensive one that doesn’t rely on Distracting Strike. Those things can be recover with food, but making a build around things you can recover with food is just wrong…

(edited by Ambrecombe.4398)

in Warrior

Posted by: Mayan.7164

Mayan.7164

Here my montage that I posted 2 weeks ago. I hope that this video was what you are looking for. Enjoy it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

Here my montage that I posted 2 weeks ago. I hope that this video was what you are looking for. Enjoy it.

It need more memes to be funny.

/endsarcasm

in Warrior

Ambrecombe.4398

Finaly someone using a Sword&Shield combo instead of a blunt weapon! I was tired to see all those people building confusion warriors around Mace or Hammer…

But i’m surprised you took bullcharge and stomp, wouldn’t you be better by replacing Dolyak Signet with Balanced Stance and Stomp with Kick instead for your build? Sinds those have pretty long animations and make it hard to interupt any good players? Also you are a primary condition build, isn’t that retaliation you deal a bit weak and situational?

in Warrior

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Its bursty and looks fun. I might give this a look

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Warrior

Posted by: Mayan.7164

Mayan.7164

Finaly someone using a Sword&Shield combo instead of a blunt weapon! I was tired to see all those people building confusion warriors around Mace or Hammer…

But i’m surprised you took bullcharge and stomp, wouldn’t you be better by replacing Dolyak Signet with Balanced Stance and Stomp with Kick instead for your build? Sinds those have pretty long animations and make it hard to interupt any good players? Also you are a primary condition build, isn’t that retaliation you deal a bit weak and situational?

I took Bull’s Charge because the majority of classes fight at range and is a great interrup from far away and I prefer Stomp vs Kick because it’s easy evade Kick and your foe need to be in front of you and using Stomp I have 1 stun breaker and knockdown my foe around me. And finally I prefer run with Dolyak Signet because normally I don’t need to use stability, and DS give me more survivability. But this is my way to play, not the best, but it’s funny.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

I took Bull’s Charge because the majority of classes fight at range and is a great interrup from far away and I prefer Stomp vs Kick because it’s easy evade Kick and your foe need to be in front of you and using Stomp I have 1 stun breaker and knockdown my foe around me. And finally I prefer run with Dolyak Signet because normally I don’t need to use stability, and DS give me more survivability. But this is my way to play, not the best, but it’s funny.

extactly.. stomp is way better then kick.. kick can be interrupted stomp not as stomp gives you stabilty while using it.. and you can stomp ppl out of shadow refuge or stomp downed players away while teh yget rezzed by someone with stabilty.

my zerker warrior is running gs/hammer with all the above utility skills: bulls charge, stomp and dolyak signet… and rampage as elite as it does a ton of dmg when you run full berserker gear with each 3rd autoattack beeing a daze

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

in Warrior

Posted by: DuhGeneral.8940

DuhGeneral.8940

Using sword/shield for an interrupt build is pointless only one stun and that is with shield 4 makes more sense to run mace hammer simply because you have a higher chance for interrupts

in Warrior

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

If you’re doing a condition build, You don’t need 25 stacks of confusion to kill people, confusion is supplemental damage in a Condition build. Trying to go for 25 Stacks is just silly, The way to win with Condition Builds is simple

Apply as Many Possible Conditions as you can…. By that, I mean Cripple/Vulnerability/Immobilize/Burn/Bleed/Torment/Weakness/Chill, Yes Vulnerability is useless for damage most of the time, But its not there for damage, Its there to cover up your Conditions to stop them from being removed.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Warrior

Ambrecombe.4398

Using sword/shield for an interrupt build is pointless only one stun and that is with shield 4 makes more sense to run mace hammer simply because you have a higher chance for interrupts

I have to disagree with you.

Getting higher chance of interupts with Mace or Hammer? I don’t think so. You can root your target in place with Flurry and have garenteed interupts while your target is rooted in place. So you don’t need more interupts sinds you will most likely hit your target while he is unable to dodge. Not to mention you can still get Kick, wich got a relatively short cooldown and fast animation, while even take a Rifle if you run a Rampager build to get an extra interupt every 15sec (or 12sec if traited). It gives you an extra edge on a condition build and if you couple it with some physical utilities it becomes even more dangerous.

While if you choose a Mace or a Hammer build, you will make your confusion damage terrible, even with 25stack. Not to mention, both Hammer and Mace have usualy long duration stuns making your confusion uptime less effective. Finaly, Hammer and Mace are both power weapons, so you will have to choose between ridiculous damage coming out of confusion or sacrifice raw damage to get greater number out of your only damaging condition, wich is counter intuitive (like Daecello told us above). So yes, Sword&Shield gets a lot less interupts, but it still gets the best out of distracting strike.

With my Rampager 20/30/0/0/20, even glassy, I can still easely get 3 interupts and take down most of the players in Spvp (without the runes), and if you master interupts, you don’t need more. Not to mention if you can get a Flurry with a Fear Me in between, your target is most likely going to try to heal, making him vulnerable to your next shield bash, or kick. Leaving him low on health, with tons of bleedings and confusion to prevent him from fighting back.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

Here’s a tidbit for anybody complaining the duration of Distracting Strikes and Rune of Perplexity is too short:

The two longest confuse durations that can be inflicted by player skills are 10 seconds and 8 seconds.

These durations belong to Rune of Perplexity and Distracting Strikes, respectively. If a character has both, they also have 50% total confusion duration, pushing it up to 15 and 12 seconds.

The next highest base duration is 5 seconds, which would be 7.5 seconds with the same % duration.

In relation to other sources of confusion, Distracting Strikes and Rune of Perplexity have longer additional durations than the longest control effects a warrior can produce compared to other confusion-inflicting abilities.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

It’s a fun build, though it gets its effectiveness severely cut by opponents that realize what you’re doing and hit stability. I’m interested to see if they make any changes to the interrupt confusion stacks. It’s good, but I’m not entirely convinced that it’s too far out of line. They’ve been pushing interrupt builds for the past few patches, and this is still very new. I think we need some time to test and learn to react to these kinds of things before outright declaring that it’s too good.

dragonbrand—

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

My god..what kinda guardian doesn’t slot stability..

Oh that’s right..one that loses to a clicker!

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

My god..what kinda guardian doesn’t slot stability..

Oh that’s right..one that loses to a clicker!

Uhh…

THE GUY.. didn’t even have time to do any attacks because you cept stunning him…

You would of been better going full zerkers.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The problem with condi builds on warrior is that they dont have much interrupts or direct damage, so i took a different approach and its working pretty well:

I went for a Celestial Build to spread my stats. I am not done yet as I am missing 1 armor piece and one celestial weapon, so here a short overview of my build:

- 5 full ascended celestial trinkets, pvt backpiece with celestial jewel
- 5 celestial armor pieces, not sure what the 6th one is, perplexity runes
- Celestial Hammer, Celestial Mace, Random Warhorn
- Signet of Restoration, Stomp, Balanced Stance, Endure Pain, Signet of Rage

Traits:

- 20 into Strength is a must for distracting strikes, as Adept trait I chose Death from Above, its an extra AoE interrupt and often my opener in wvw when i play this build.
This gives me an extra 200 power and 20% condi duration as well (yay!)

-20 into Defense because I want Merciless Hammer and Adrenal Health, then i use Dogged March as Adept Trait
That also gives me 200 Toughness and healing power

-20 into Tactics for Quick Breathing, I use my warhorn as condi removal and booning up. As Adept trait is use Empowered because i get alot of boons from SoR, Warhorn skills and dogged march. 5 Boons give me 10% extra damage.
That gives me 200 extra vitality and boon duration.

I am not sure if its worth sacrificing Merciless Hammer and going 15 deep into Discipline for Fast Hands. I think the extra Toughness and Healing Power from Defense line is better than Burst Recharge and Crit Damage from Discipline and that trait line doesnt offer a good adept Trait either.
The last 10 points are up for preference, i went for berserkers power for extra damage, power and condi duration.

I didnt put any special Sigils on my Weapons yet, i guess condi duration, 5% damage and stack sigils for whatever stat you think you are lacking (didnt find stats that im lacking yet) are good.

The Celestial Build gives me a better than average base on all stats and i use my traits, backpiece, food, nourishment and stacks to spike in some areas.

The only weakness in this build is possibly mobility, even though you will have perma swiftness.

First of all, its still pretty much a stun-lock build with 7 CCs:
-3 on Hammer
-2 on Mace
-1 Utility
-1 Trait (Death from above)

This is hard to counter because most classes will run out of stability and stun breakers before i even weapon swap or use a single utility skill

In Terms of direct damage its not as good as full zerker of course but i still hit like a truck. I have between 3000-3500 Attack, with extra damage when youre stunned and depending on adrenaline level and boons on me. While I only get Crit Damage and % from the celestial pieces, this is still decent, I think 40% crit chance/60% with Fury.

I think its fair to say that you dont want to get hit by my hammer.

Sustain is awesome. I have 28k health and 3000 armor with access to stability and protection (converted by warhorn from weakness and Endure Pain). Adrenal Health, Restoration Signet and the Regeneration from Dogged March keeps my health pool up, if it should ever go down. Sometimes i slot Healing Surge because i lack a bit of adrenaline building.

Condition Removal also isnt a problem for me with my warhorn and Dogged March.

I only made this build because everybody said Celestial Builds are only viable for Eles and Guards because no oother class can make use of all the stats as good as them and i wanted to prove them wrong.

Of course, now I can stack confusion an awful lot and the condi damage is a nice bonus for me.

My favourite situation is being in a keep or tower in wvw and a small group of 3-10 players starts ramming the gate:

Death from above, Earthshaker, Stomp and i have 18 stacks on most of them. If they dont remove it, i do 2500 damage per tick. Sometimes, i just pop stability and Endure Pain and stand there for a couple of seconds to wait for them to pop some skills, turning conditions into boons with my warhorn.
Dont forget that with 30 in Strength and the Runes, I have 60% Confusion duration, 100% with food.

It is very hard to play against this build because it doesnt really have a weakness and I havent found an enemy yet that has enough counters to my CC, direct Damage and condition application to even start chopping away on my health pool.

I havent lost a 1v1 with this build and im not a very good player. Some escaped though and i wasnt able to catch them.

I am sure that a very good thief might be able to get me down if he knows that i am running this build but i still have to meet him on the battlefield.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

The perplexity runes + Distracting Strikes can be very potent against some players, but condition removal from yourself is a huge hole that’s hard to fill.

Warriors get the majority of their condition removal from their runes (either Soldier runes with shouts, or Melandru runes with lemongrass soup…or maybe even Lyssa runes with Signet of Rage…). All of those rune options are gone, because you are devoting them entirely to your confusion. Cleansing Ire helps, but it is unreliable and can only do so much. And if a condition necro/mesmer actually bounce that confusion stack back onto you…you’re done.

in Warrior

Player Character.9467

Well you can still run the lemongrass. Without it you’re still at huge durations on most of your condis.

in Warrior

Wanze.8410

The perplexity runes + Distracting Strikes can be very potent against some players, but condition removal from yourself is a huge hole that’s hard to fill.

Warriors get the majority of their condition removal from their runes (either Soldier runes with shouts, or Melandru runes with lemongrass soup…or maybe even Lyssa runes with Signet of Rage…). All of those rune options are gone, because you are devoting them entirely to your confusion. Cleansing Ire helps, but it is unreliable and can only do so much. And if a condition necro/mesmer actually bounce that confusion stack back onto you…you’re done.

I guess you didnt read my post above you, thats fine as it was a bit lengthy.

Warhorn traited turns a condition into a boon every 12 sec on #4 and every 16 seconds on #5, you also lose crippled, chill and immobilize every 12 seconds.

Thats enough condi removal for me in most fights, especially because i have my target stunlocked anyways.

If I let them pop a skill to put conditions on me, they take 2.5k damage from my confusion.

Even condi necros have a hard time to put enough stacks on me to outshine my healing (didnt calculate but at least 600 hps).

Also, Mending removes 3 conditions every 20 seconds, if you lack condi removal.
Shake it Off is just viable in a group setup inho.

in Warrior

Wanze.8410

Well you can still run the lemongrass. Without it you’re still at huge durations on most of your condis.

Thats also true even though most condi builds will run rare veggie pizza/chocolate to erase its benefits.

in Warrior

Wanze.8410

I read somewhere that the Confusion Duration on the runes is bugged and doesnt apply.
Did anybody do some testing on that?

I am also wondering, if the confusion procs with interrupts from siege weapons.
I will try that as soon as possible but i have limited wvw time these days and didnt get around to do it.

If it procs, you can put 9 stacks of Confusion on up to 50 targets with catas/trebs/rams.

in Warrior

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

Just wanted to hop in and say a warrior managed to place 18 stacks of confusion on me in wvw (and I recorded it) but the fight was a total joke. I cleansed and watched him melt to my conditions (burn, poison, and bleed) as it seemed he/she had 0 condition removal. I honestly don’t know how he/she even managed to stack them because it was all during during a chain stun where I was doing nothing (how do you interrupt nothing?), regardless of that, i saw the 18 stacks and cleansed before continuing. It is far from op as it seems the warrior sacrificed a ton of survivability for this gimmick.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

I guess you didnt read my post above you, thats fine as it was a bit lengthy.

Warhorn traited turns a condition into a boon every 12 sec on #4 and every 16 seconds on #5, you also lose crippled, chill and immobilize every 12 seconds.

Thats enough condi removal for me in most fights, especially because i have my target stunlocked anyways.

If I let them pop a skill to put conditions on me, they take 2.5k damage from my confusion.

Even condi necros have a hard time to put enough stacks on me to outshine my healing (didnt calculate but at least 600 hps).

Also, Mending removes 3 conditions every 20 seconds, if you lack condi removal.
Shake it Off is just viable in a group setup inho.

I did see you were carrying a warhorn, but that didn’t seem like it would be enough condi removal from my experience. Especially since you’re not running Cleansing Ire, so the warhorn is literally your only source of removal. Granted, it’s a good tool, and I use a warhorn a lot as well. But I wouldn’t rely on it alone.

I understand you are running a hybrid build with full celestial gear, but I don’t know how you are getting the numbers you claim on your stats. The hit points and crit chance, ok. But the 3-3.5k attack with 3k armor…I’m not sure if that’s possible with celestial only. Since you’re using veggie pizza, you’ll only be at ~1575 toughness, and ~1700 power with sharpening stones.

And in your setup, confusion is the only source of condition damage you do. That should be ok since you have respectable direct damage sources, but it also makes it very easy to remove since you have few cover conditions.

The reason I brought up the condi removal issue is because I’m looking at the situation from a pure condi damage perspective. Something that’s running Longbow, and some combination of sword/mace/shield. I would probably not use hammer in that build, because while it provides the most interrupts, it’s not as reliable as bleed/torment damage. Because of that, warhorn is not really an option, which means condi removal is slim. Mending is also a very weak heal now compared to signet, so I’m not sure I’d consider running it.

I’m actually working on a 4/5 signet build, trying to see if Signet of Stamina would be an effective condi removal method. So far…not so good.

in Warrior

Wanze.8410

I did see you were carrying a warhorn, but that didn’t seem like it would be enough condi removal from my experience. Especially since you’re not running Cleansing Ire, so the warhorn is literally your only source of removal. Granted, it’s a good tool, and I use a warhorn a lot as well. But I wouldn’t rely on it alone.

I understand you are running a hybrid build with full celestial gear, but I don’t know how you are getting the numbers you claim on your stats. The hit points and crit chance, ok. But the 3-3.5k attack with 3k armor…I’m not sure if that’s possible with celestial only. Since you’re using veggie pizza, you’ll only be at ~1575 toughness, and ~1700 power with sharpening stones.

And in your setup, confusion is the only source of condition damage you do. That should be ok since you have respectable direct damage sources, but it also makes it very easy to remove since you have few cover conditions.

The reason I brought up the condi removal issue is because I’m looking at the situation from a pure condi damage perspective. Something that’s running Longbow, and some combination of sword/mace/shield. I would probably not use hammer in that build, because while it provides the most interrupts, it’s not as reliable as bleed/torment damage. Because of that, warhorn is not really an option, which means condi removal is slim. Mending is also a very weak heal now compared to signet, so I’m not sure I’d consider running it.

I’m actually working on a 4/5 signet build, trying to see if Signet of Stamina would be an effective condi removal method. So far…not so good.

Condition removal wasnt a problem for me until now with just my warhorn and my build has enough room to get more if i need to.
Most of the times, i start the fights and stun lock people, so its hard for them to put conditions on me anyways. Most builds only have one source of stability so they have 10 seconds where i cant stun them. As long as i can survive that, I am fine.
I can use Sigils of Generosity/purity to transfer/remove a condition every 10 seconds as well. Or i can sacrifice some sustain by switching the healing signet to mending or Endure Pain (I hardly need to use it, most of the time in 1vX situations) to Signet of Stamina.

For cover conditions, I can apply perma-weakness with warhorn #5, mace #1 and hammer #2, if I use the generosity sigil (havent done it yet but might give it a try after writing this) i can transfer one condition as well. And then again, i apply confusion on a rapid rate, dont forget that the #4 bonus on the runes as well.

Due to my high direct damage, I also dont have to rely on the confusion damage to take enemies down, for me its more like another CC, punishing them for using their skills.

Concerning my high attack and armor:

My power rating might be a bit high right now, as i am still missing 2 pieces of celestial gear and the ones i use now, are pvt gear i think.
I am not sure, if you calculated my 300 power from the strength traitline and the 200 extra each of vit/tough from traits.

The last time I checked my stats, i had ~3180 attack and a little over 3k armor, depending on the active weapon set.
That was with sharpening stones but without an active food buff and stacks of Bloodlust. I dont intend to use veggie pizza because i already have 60% confusion duration with traits and runes and due to the already long duration of the confusion itself, i think it will be removed before it runs out. On interrupt i deal 5 stacks for 16 seconds and another 4 stacks for 12.4 seconds. It makes no sense to me going for 20/16 seconds.
So in the end, i think i will use food that buffs my attack rating rather than confusion damage/duration, so I expect to cancel out the power loss when switching the last pvt pieces to celestial with my food and bloodlust stacks.

I am also not sure, if the situational damage multipliers show in the character screen, when active. But even if I end up with only 3k attack, which is very much possible, this can increase quite alot, depending on situation:

Berserkers Power adds up to 15% damage.

Empowered adds 2% Damage for every boon on me and i can usually maintain 3-7 boons, lets take 5 as an average: 10% damage.

Enemy is disabled? Merciless Hammer adds 25% damage.

Sigil of Force would also add another 5% damage.

Thats potentially kitten base damage increase. Granted, thats very situational but even with an average of 15% base damage increase, it would bump my 3000 attack rating to 3450.

I will be full celestial at the end of the week and then figure out my final build and post the stats.

Last time I checked the buildcraft website, they didnt have the celestial armor or the runes of perplexity yet. If you know another site that already has them, I gladly post my theory build here.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

I’ve just came back home; time to check all the videos you’ve posted. Thank you all guys for the contributions.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

I think that majority of complaints about perplexity runes come from ppl that were unprepared for this type of build or unwilling to change their play style. It’s a new kid in the neighborhood so it’s normal that it comes as a surprise. If you guys watched Auto-kill build vid you will notice:

- mesmer that is shooting with GS point blank
- necros that are not transferring debuffs
- 5 rangers out of which 4 didn’t use “Rampage as One” and one used it at the end of the fight. Two of them were full signet…
- Signet warrior that used SoR near the end

Not exactly the pvp elite. As soon as ppl acknowledge it’s existence in solo roam and adjust their play style a bit, this build will fall in line quickly. I just hope that Anet doesn’t nerf the set based only on initial whine wave. Plus perplex warrs aren’t even the biggest threat with this set of runes.

Also how come no one is whining about 1 hit kill riflelers? There’s a vid of it floating around now.

in Warrior

Player Character.9467

Because kill shot doesn’t land on anybody who can press v?

in Warrior

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

I think that majority of complaints about perplexity runes come from ppl that were unprepared for this type of build or unwilling to change their play style. It’s a new kid in the neighborhood so it’s normal that it comes as a surprise. If you guys watched Auto-kill build vid you will notice:

- mesmer that is shooting with GS point blank
- necros that are not transferring debuffs
- 5 rangers out of which 4 didn’t use “Rampage as One” and one used it at the end of the fight. Two of them were full signet…
- Signet warrior that used SoR near the end

Not exactly the pvp elite. As soon as ppl acknowledge it’s existence in solo roam and adjust their play style a bit, this build will fall in line quickly. I just hope that Anet doesn’t nerf the set based only on initial whine wave. Plus perplex warrs aren’t even the biggest threat with this set of runes.

Also how come no one is whining about 1 hit kill riflelers? There’s a vid of it floating around now.

No, the majority of complaints about it is that it is the most blatantly op ability in the the game atm and possibly ever. Never has any rune/sigil etc. effect not had some sort of inner CD to my knowledge and 13 secs of 5 stack confuse is by far the most powerful effect of any sigil or rune set. No inner CD on by far the most powerful effect. Hmmm. Naw not op at all.

Maid Of The Coast

in Warrior

Zergs.9715

It’s situational. Good luck predicting that dodge when someone targets you from a blob of players. Same can be applied to perplex chars. Dodge, stability, stunbreaks, keeping distance, condi reduction, not being glass in condi meta etc. Plus it’s mostly solo roamer with very limited use and offers next to nothing to a group play that actually matters something. It’s a huge sacrifice for a gimmick.

in Warrior

Player Character.9467

It’s situational. Good luck predicting that dodge when someone targets you from a blob of players. Same can be applied to perplex chars. Dodge, stability, stunbreaks, keeping distance, condi reduction, not being glass in condi meta etc. Plus it’s mostly solo roamer with very limited use and offers next to nothing to a group play that actually matters something. It’s a huge sacrifice for a gimmick.

If you stop to channel it in a blob fight, you’re rally bait.

in Warrior

Zergs.9715

You can stop spewing nonsense any time you feel ready.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5FiSGEhyxM

in Warrior

Player Character.9467

You can stop spewing nonsense any time you feel ready.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5FiSGEhyxM

Congratulations, you have 0 stun breaks, 0 stability, and rely on a move that will reflect and kill you in a real engagement.

Videos of fighting bads aren’t real videos.