Rush speed

Rush speed

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Yeah this skill is really slow right now.

Cant use it to engage neither disengage anymore because its really slow.

Why is it called rush when a leap is faster (and almost the same distance with sword)? maby rename it to:

“Walking just a little bit faster then average depending if you do or not have swiftness if you do then just walk”

Rush speed

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Yeah it’s really bad… it feels so sluggish by comparison to what it was prior to the nerf. The nerf affected savage leap and whirlwind, but not nearly as badly as it affected fiery whirl on FGS and warrior rush on GS. The difference of impact of the nerf between 600 range dash/leaps and 900-1200 is really large.

It’s a shame.

Rush speed

in Warrior

Posted by: Gevinor.4503

Gevinor.4503

Did some testing/calculations.

Findings:

With +25% speed bonus and out of combat:
Post patch average speed increase from using GS mobility (vs walking): 7.14%
Pre patch: 15.6%

Using base speed out of combat (to vaguely mimic in combat speed with +25% speed):
Post patch: 18.75%
Pre patch: 28.15%

I did some testing on a few of my characters that utilize teleports, my medi guard and my Mesmer were able to put in better times than my warrior given similar testing conditions.

Calculations:

Note: Exact numbers should be taken with a grain of salt, my methods of timing were a little crude (looked at a digital clock).

Out of combat mobility (with +25% speed, GS is traited):

Walking from point A to point B took 30 sec. The same distance was covered using greatsword mobility in 28 sec (rush x2, whirlwind x3). Thus, GS mobility provided an average speed increase of 7.14% (((x/28)/(x/30)) – 1, “x” being the distance from A to B ). Two seconds of +25% out of combat speed is 735 units (according to wiki), thus if the gs warrior were to continue the additional 2 seconds he would go an additional 787.5 units (735*1.0714). So, GS mobility gains a net total of 787.5 units over a target that is simply walking with a +25% speed boost every 30 sec.

Before the patch, when speed boosts affected movement abilities, rush would go an additional 300 units (1200*.25), and whirlwind attack would go an additional 112.5 units (450*.25) (assuming a 25% speed boost). So, within 30 seconds, a pre patch warrior should have went an additional 937.5 units (300*2 + 112.5*3) beyond what a post patch warrior can do. Thus, every 30 sec a warrior’s GS mobility would contribute an additional 1725 units, a value 2.19 times greater than what the current GS contributes. Before the patch GS mobility would have equated to a 15.6% mobility increase (((x + 787.5)/30)/(x/30) = (1(1/14)), x = 11,025, ((11025 + 1725)/30)/(11025/30) -1 = s (speed multiplier), s = .156). Thus, pre patch GS would have gone the same distance in 26 sec ((x/t)/(x/30) = (170/147), solve for t).

In combat mobility (actually an approximation using base out of combat speed):

Walking from point A to B took 38 sec without GS mobility, and 32 sec with GS mobility (2 rush, 4 whirlwind). This indicates that in this scenario, GS offers 18.75% greater speed than walking. 6 sec of base walking speed is the equivalent of 1764 units, thus if the GS war were to continue for 6 more seconds he would go an additional 2095 units (1764*1.1875) beyond the distance that a walking character would do. Before the patch, GS mobility would have offered an additional 1050 units (300*2 + 112.5*4) within the same period of time. Thus, every 38 sec a warrior’s GS mobility would contribute an additional 3145 units, a value 1.5 times greater than what the current GS contributes. Thus, the pre patch GS would offer a 28.15% speed increase and have gone the same distance in 29.5 sec ((x/t)/(x/38) = (8591/6704)), solve for t).

I also ran my Mesmer and medi guard through the same course.

Mesmer: had no speed buffs, used traited blink only.
Time: 31 sec (probably closer to 31.5)
Note that my GS war could only get achieve 32 sec in a similar scenario.

Medi Guard: +25% speed, used only Judges intervention and leap of faith.
Time: 26 sec
It is important to note that Judges intervention has a bit of a long cd, so a longer test would have had to be complete to effectively gauge the guardian’s average speed.
My warrior could only achieve 28 sec in a similar scenario.

Feel free to point out any math errors or faulty assumptions related to game mechanics.

(edited by Gevinor.4503)

Rush speed

in Warrior

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

I really don’t understand how the kitten they think they are doing anyone any favors.

How many years have we been playing with it like this and then some kitten pencil pusher decides it needs to be changed? g t kitten out.

I hate anet right now.

All the classes feel wonky.

They are nerfing things left and right.

What is going to get nerfed next?

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2