S/Sh PvE War

S/Sh PvE War

in Warrior

Posted by: xgmz.5674

xgmz.5674

Hi:

While I enjoy GS war for PvE I also like S/Sh, but I don’t know how viable is, specially going for a bleed build with a little bit of survivability.

I want to do some dungeons, some world bosses and maybe low level fractals later (still learning).

Any idea or tip will be appreciated.

S/Sh PvE War

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Everything is viable when PvE is super easy.

If you’re using an “I play how I want build” with sub-par weapons it doesn’t matter, just run whatever floats your boat as you’ll be surrounded by like-minded players in equally awful builds. But that’s okay, because you all agree to run builds you want.

I don’t know what I can suggest. Usually I’d suggest a sub-par weapon set to run a vuln/might stacking bot build with banners, but I’ve come to think what’s the point of stacking Might when you will be with the PHIW people who are spread out because “stacking is an exploit”, ranging from 1200-1500 range and dealing sweet F.A damage, and close to 0 multiplied by 1.25 is still close to 0.

It’ll work, just prepare your butt to be kicked from any experienced run and be stuck with the casual players who will drain your entire free time on 1 or 2 dungeon paths.

Just ask yourself, does using Sword/Shield REALLY make up for the fun you lose by playing with horrible players that just want to make you quit humanity?

Do note I’m not necessarily degrading people playing in whatever build they want, they are more than free to do so, but I cannot fathom how anybody would find groups like that even remotely fun.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

S/Sh PvE War

in Warrior

Posted by: Highchu.3806

Highchu.3806

Condition builds aren’t optimal for PvE and mainhand Sword is hard to work with outside of Dual Sword builds. Its only really good for applying (Bleeds/Cripple/Immobilize) where the Bleeds should be covered in your average pug and I don’t see any reason to ever need to cripple/immobilize. Theres also no real point to using a Shield since stuns don’t work on boss Defiance and you never really need to block when you could just dodge/strafe for free. We already have the highest base armor+health so survivability shouldn’t be much of an issue outside of really high level fractals.

S/Sh PvE War

in Warrior

Flissy.4093

Theres also no real point to using a Shield since stuns don’t work on boss Defiance and you never really need to block when you could just dodge/strafe for free. We already have the highest base armor+health so survivability shouldn’t be much of an issue outside of really high level fractals.

Not to mention Riposte on the Sword is just so much better in 99% of the situations than Shield Block is. Impale→Rip is straight up OP too.

Light Up the Darkness

S/Sh PvE War

in Warrior

xgmz.5674

Alright, so S/Sh not as optimal in PvE. It’s just I’m getting tired of GS.

I’ve run before with a GS on dungeons and yes, it’s faster, but in the end it just doesn’t click on me.

Oh, thanks anyway

I guess S/Sh it’s optimal on WvWvW…?

(edited by xgmz.5674)

S/Sh PvE War

in Warrior

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Do note I’m not necessarily degrading people playing in whatever build they want, they are more than free to do so, but I cannot fathom how anybody would find groups like that even remotely fun.

The entire tone of your post basically implies it though. :P

To the OP: I run Sw/Sh in PvE too, and I find it lots of fun. You don’t really need the blocks that Shield Stance gives you (outside of soloing some Champions), but the interrupt Shield Bash provides can be useful from time to time. I’ve never been kicked from dungeon runs, even “Exp only” ones. (All the same, if you’re not running “meta builds”, do yourself a favor and don’t join the “Zerk only meta speed clear” groups. They won’t like you, and you won’t like them. Just save yourself the grief and drama that will probably ensue if you try joining them.)

S/Sh PvE War

in Warrior

Flissy.4093

Alright, so S/Sh not optimal in PvE…is it optimal on WvWvW?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an organised zerg running sword/shield Warriors no.

Light Up the Darkness

S/Sh PvE War

in Warrior

xgmz.5674

To the OP: I run Sw/Sh in PvE too, and I find it lots of fun.

Any advice or build that I can see?

And yeah, I know I should stay away from “zerk only” and meta groups.

(edited by xgmz.5674)

S/Sh PvE War

in Warrior

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Shield comes in really handy with reflect projectiles trait.

S/Sh PvE War

in Warrior

Posted by: Flintbrow.7985

Flintbrow.7985

I run full Zerk with Sw/Sh+GS for PVE.
As long as you run full offense, sword works just fine. I strongly dislike axe’s “feel” and I love the sw #2 too much in WvW to give it up in PVE just for a slight dps increase. Bonus points for sword and board looking kitten classic. PM me if you want more chit-chat.

Attachments:

Neenu Waffler-Warrior for what once was the Toast-

(edited by Flintbrow.7985)

S/Sh PvE War

in Warrior

Posted by: Flintbrow.7985

Flintbrow.7985

Also, FWIW the new misty wep skins strongly favor the shield! Yes, yes, yes…shiny!

Neenu Waffler-Warrior for what once was the Toast-