S/X+LB Build: Rabid vs. Apothecary

in Warrior

Posted by: Machspeedtwo.1342

Machspeedtwo.1342

I’m interested in creating a WvW LB+S/S build but if I’m gonna do it, I want to do it right. I’ve looked at a good number of builds and watched some vids but I want opinions from those who have played both builds:

What’s better? Rabid stats or apothecary stats with banner regen?

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Fire Pineapple and the other guy -Ogre or somethin? – that posted their vids and builds as they seem to have spent quite some time trying the builds. Any other opinions -though they might be helpful- are likely to be less informed and miss leading including mine, of course.

That build is for roaming. Both builds don’t kill fast.

Full apothecary is slow in killing so anyone with a gap creator can get away. It’s tankier against 2 ppl but you won’t survive against 2 capable players -condi removal, 80, geared etc-. This is with a healing banner.

Rabid armor, rest apothecary is faster in killing and only thieves/BM rangers with the 1100 range leap get away since they are broken and cheap classes/builds. The healing is good enough. This is with a healing banner.

Mind you, I’d focus on what trait lines you want and then see what you need more stat wise. So if you go in the full healing tree, you need more rabid. If you go into the power or precision tree, full apothecary.

Remember that healing does not scale well, but you have two healing sources: signet and banner so it kinda compensates.

Try rabid armor, rest apothecary and see if you like the damage. If not, replace weapons or trinkets with rabid.

(edited by XII.9401)

in Warrior

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Ranger a broken a class? Lolwat.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Warrior

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Do people use banner regen for wvw? It’s not like spvp where people feel obligated to stand in a circle to fight you. It seems like the banner would just be annoying to play around. I was thinking about getting a condition set for my warrior too, but 1200 healing only gives you about 60 extra hp per second from healing signet and 180 per 3 seconds from adrenal health (at full adrenaline). I wouldn’t think that would be worth giving up the condition damage and crit from rabid.

in Warrior

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Neither – go sword/shield and mace/shield perplexity warrior (mix carrion and rabit) :p

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

in WvW you can get 1.5k+ condi damage while building pretty much full sustained healing. stacking condi signet, master tuning crystals. add +40% condi duration and the damage gets serious business. i opt for a shout healing build though with regen boon on procs / warhorn convert / dogged march to get the max out of healing power:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNBMhN6k0hkHbeQKImIDIIFaYVcUkETR6xYwGpBA-TsAg2CrIuRdj7GzNyisFNqY1x0DA

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Definite-Warrior-Duellist-Build/first

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Do people use banner regen for wvw? It’s not like spvp where people feel obligated to stand in a circle to fight you. It seems like the banner would just be annoying to play around. I was thinking about getting a condition set for my warrior too, but 1200 healing only gives you about 60 extra hp per second from healing signet and 180 per 3 seconds from adrenal health (at full adrenaline). I wouldn’t think that would be worth giving up the condition damage and crit from rabid.

Banner regen is great for defending. I drop it just outside the gate so that the guys on siege can stay on siege longer and the guys on the ground finishing invaders can save their own heals for a while longer. Drop it in the SM Lord’s room and see all the green numbers fly around. When I’m roaming I pull 20 points out of tactics and my build looks like this 0-25-20-10-15. I run full Apothecary gear with Melandru/Lemongrass and tuning crystals. With full stack of Corruption I got 1.5k condi damage and 1.1k healing power. The little extra regen is nice, especially when I’m stacked with bleeds or burning.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

I run Tactics Banner while roaming solo or in a group.

in Warrior

XII.9401

My bad. BM ranger is broken as in OP. I see them all the time fighting 3-4 pugs and getting away with full health.

Try soloing one that abuses the class and see how well you do in wvw.

in Warrior

XII.9401

Nah ppl use it when they are roaming because pugs are too stupid to walk away from it.

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

My bad. BM ranger is broken as in OP. I see them all the time fighting 3-4 pugs and getting away with full health.

Try soloing one that abuses the class and see how well you do in wvw.

Yah i play one and i dont think they are OP. They are good and thats about it. Then again i solo on 6 of the 8 classes in WvW and play the last 2 in spvp so my knowledge of classes and their counters is much better than most of the population.

As a reference here is my 3rd ranger video, its after the pet damage nerf.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Exploits-WvW-Melee-BM-Ranger-3/first

You can also look up my warrior video and every other class video ive done in my signature.

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

Nah ppl use it when they are roaming because pugs are too stupid to walk away from it.

You can stack 40-50 seconds of regen while roaming with the banner so even if yoj walk from it you get lots of regen uptime.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

You build 36-45 seconds of regen with a tactics banner while roaming. That is more than enough time for most fights. So a banner isn’t completely worthless. They are a game changer in huge T1 3-way fights where passive healing is king.

in Warrior

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

I started with full apothecary. Now I use a mix of both. Base condition dmg is now 950 before food/buffs. I put 30 in discipline for longbow f1 spam and 5 second weapon swap. Don’t use regen and banner myself but that is personal preference. I stay mobile and use stomp, balanced stance and dolyak signet to gain breathing room and keep on the move as much as possible. That is MY dmg mitigation.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Fire Pineapple and the other guy -Ogre or somethin? – that posted their vids and builds as they seem to have spent quite some time trying the builds. Any other opinions -though they might be helpful- are likely to be less informed and miss leading including mine, of course.

That build is for roaming. Both builds don’t kill fast.

Full apothecary is slow in killing so anyone with a gap creator can get away. It’s tankier against 2 ppl but you won’t survive against 2 capable players -condi removal, 80, geared etc-. This is with a healing banner.

Rabid armor, rest apothecary is faster in killing and only thieves/BM rangers with the 1100 range leap get away since they are broken and cheap classes/builds. The healing is good enough. This is with a healing banner.

Mind you, I’d focus on what trait lines you want and then see what you need more stat wise. So if you go in the full healing tree, you need more rabid. If you go into the power or precision tree, full apothecary.

Remember that healing does not scale well, but you have two healing sources: signet and banner so it kinda compensates.

Try rabid armor, rest apothecary and see if you like the damage. If not, replace weapons or trinkets with rabid.

Did you just complain about Rangers Leap capability as a Warrior?

Rofl…wat….

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos