"SHRUG IT OFF"

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Posted by: wolverine.5164

wolverine.5164

Q:

Hello, i just wanted to point out the fact that warriors are very good against melee combat, but when it comes down to condition dmg they r useless in every single aspect of the word. i’m a hardcore player and I’ve dedicated game-play months of my life to this game, been playing since first betas and i got to say warriors shrug it off trait is useless. i mean guardians can remove 2 conditions every 10 secs while warriors can remove only 1 every 30! secs its just pathetic the fact that it doesn’t matter build u use its going to end up with the same results… so pls im just asking to make this trait useful by reducing its cool down to AT LEAST 15 secs, this is just my opinion but is up to guys to take in consideration, thank you for your time and consideration.

Classes a Warrior don’t stand a chance: Mesmer’s/Necromancers. (if u think u do stand a chance its because uve fought very nub/weak Mesmer’s or Necromancers).

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

A:

I guess you’ve never heard of Cleansing Ire.

That right there is 1-3 conditions removed every 7.75-10s.

it seems you are blinded my friend

Not blinded enough to miss that I wrote about Longbow in a followup post.

But I do have glasses, if you really must know.

On my warr I run lemongrass poultry soup + melandru’s runes + dogged march. You dont need cleansing when the conditions drop off you before they can do any real harm.

Sadly, Lemongrass is countered point-for-point by a +40% condition food and most condi specs run with additional +duration%.

That and the duration is highly irrelevant if the conditions get reapplied before their duration runs out.

(edited by Olba.5376)

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Olba.5376

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Hello, i just wanted to point out the fact that warriors are very good against melee combat, but when it comes down to condition dmg they r useless in every single aspect of the word. i’m a hardcore player and I’ve dedicated game-play months of my life to this game, been playing since first betas and i got to say warriors shrug it off trait is useless. i mean guardians can remove 2 conditions every 10 secs while warriors can remove only 1 every 30! secs its just pathetic the fact that it doesn’t matter build u use its going to end up with the same results… so pls im just asking to make this trait useful by reducing its cool down to AT LEAST 15 secs, this is just my opinion but is up to guys to take in consideration, thank you for your time and consideration.

Classes a Warrior don’t stand a chance: Mesmer’s/Necromancers. (if u think u do stand a chance its because uve fought very nub/weak Mesmer’s or Necromancers).

Wha…I don’t even…

Warriors has some of the best condition mitigation/removal in the game currently.

Here, look at this

This build will have no problem squashing any condition based build, especially Necromance. Cleansing Ire removes up to 3 conditions in a burst, and with a bow you can guarantee it won’t miss. Berserker Stance is 8-10 seconds of immunity to all conditions that don’t have their duration increased, and what does get trough lasts for a very brief duration.

Yes, Shrug it off isn’t that great, mostly because if you’re running shouts you’ll probably take Lung Capacity and if you aren’t using shouts there’s still better traits. It might make more sense for it to replace Reviver’s Might as the Grandmaster minor trait seeing as all it does currently is gives ONE stack of might when you revive someone. Or perhaps it could be combined with Lung Capacity and given a 45 second CD.

Still, while I’m all for reducing the number of pointless/underused traits, this is fairly low on the priorities list.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

^None of that changes the fact that Shrug It Off and Shake It Off are completely useless and never taken by anyone competent. A lot of warrior minor traits are better than Shrug It Off.

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Shrug it off+shake it off+soldier’s runes… is still kinda iffy but, warriors do have pretty good condition removal utilities and traits, BUT we sacrifice a of Dps or armor if running shouts.
The only good thing about shake it off and shrug it off is the fact that they’re both stun breakers. If running a more defensive build, one might use balanced stance+last stand, giving them a total of 4 stun breakers with the 2 shouts… just as an example though. that setup may not be very good dps-wise.

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

wolverine.5164

i knew someone would come with this suggestion… first of all building adrenaline with a decent build is not easy at all, there r a few traits that require 3 bars of adrenaline to work well such as: adrenal health, heightened focus and berserker’s power, so wasting adrenaline has its consequences. but let’s say u don’t need none of them and ur in a battle, what happens if u get blind? exacly u miss and also what happens if simply miss it, thats right ull have to wait for it 10s cooldown again. im not saying this trait is useless cause it isnt but is definetly not going to guaranti u a win agains full condition mesmers or necros maybe other classes yea but not this 2. anyways that was just to answer ur question but MAIN point here is that the “shrug it off” trait should have a boost…. do u agree or not.

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Olba.5376

i knew someone would come with this suggestion… first of all building adrenaline with a decent build is not easy at all, there r a few traits that require 3 bars of adrenaline to work well such as: adrenal health, heightened focus and berserker’s power, so wasting adrenaline has its consequences.

I am pretty sure that none of the serious PvP specs that people run use Berserker’s Power or Heightened Focus. And that is pretty much because of how good Burst Mastery and Cleansing Ire are.

Also, building adrenaline is pretty easy if you grab Burst Mastery, Furious or Sharpened Axes.

but let’s say u don’t need none of them and ur in a battle, what happens if u get blind? exacly u miss and also what happens if simply miss it, thats right ull have to wait for it 10s cooldown again.

Use a longbow, the burst there is immune to blind.

And let’s be honest, a significant majority of Warriors run Fast Hands, which means their burst is going to be on a 8.75s cooldown rather than 10s.

im not saying this trait is useless cause it isnt but is definetly not going to guaranti u a win agains full condition mesmers or necros maybe other classes yea but not this 2. anyways that was just to answer ur question but MAIN point here is that the “shrug it off” trait should have a boost…. do u agree or not.

Wait a second there! You want guaranteed wins? That’s pretty ridiculous. And by the way, for those condition heavy builds, we have Berserker Stance.

As for Shrug it Off, it is rather ill-placed at the current moment. At Master tier, it competes with things like Lung Capacity and Quick Breathing, which doesn’t fare well for it. They are changing that in the October 15th patch though, with moving Lung Capacity to Adept.

If you ask me personally, I think that Shrug it Off is simply a bad trait and there’s not much you could do to fix it. It cleanses 1 condition as soon as you get 2, which often makes it rather useless as it could end up cleansing things like Cripple, Immobilize or Chill. On the other hand, lowering the cooldown comes with issues since Shrug it Off benefits from everything that relates to Shouts, meaning it heals and can cleanse 2 conditions with Soldier Runes.

Just think about it. You suggested a 15s cooldown. With Soldier Runes and Vigorous Shouts (after the October 15th patch), you’re talking about a passive trait that heals for ~1400 and removes 2 conditions every 15 seconds. That’s just shy of 100 hp/s healing and significant passive condi removal.

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

wolverine.5164

i knew someone would come with this suggestion… first of all building adrenaline with a decent build is not easy at all, there r a few traits that require 3 bars of adrenaline to work well such as: adrenal health, heightened focus and berserker’s power, so wasting adrenaline has its consequences.

I am pretty sure that none of the serious PvP specs that people run use Berserker’s Power or Heightened Focus. And that is pretty much because of how good Burst Mastery and Cleansing Ire are.

Also, building adrenaline is pretty easy if you grab Burst Mastery, Furious or Sharpened Axes.

remember the part where i said that i use an specific build? i only use cleasing ire wish is awesome but none of the others.

but let’s say u don’t need none of them and ur in a battle, what happens if u get blind? exacly u miss and also what happens if simply miss it, thats right ull have to wait for it 10s cooldown again.

And let’s be honest, a significant majority of Warriors run Fast Hands, which means their burst is going to be on a 8.75s cooldown rather than 10s.

that would be a PRETTY good idea but long bows r mainly for condition build even tho it blinds, unmove and even burn pretty well the fact that i have 0 condition dmg would make that weapon not very effective.

im not saying this trait is useless cause it isnt but is definetly not going to guaranti u a win agains full condition mesmers or necros maybe other classes yea but not this 2. anyways that was just to answer ur question but MAIN point here is that the “shrug it off” trait should have a boost…. do u agree or not.

Wait a second there! You want guaranteed wins? That’s pretty ridiculous. And by the way, for those condition heavy builds, we have Berserker Stance.

oh sure berserker stance haha that was my hope and i cant denie that against necros it works but when it comes down to mesmers… men i just wish i could put in the same duels i’ve been and also against the same Mesmer I’ve fought then ull understand what im talking about. 8s of condition immunity thats what get from berserker stance but i dont know if u remember the insane amount of supervivality mesmers have thoes 8s will pass agay like nothing happened and pls dont tell me to use sure-footed cause dogged march is way better.

As for Shrug it Off, it is rather ill-placed at the current moment. At Master tier, it competes with things like Lung Capacity and Quick Breathing, which doesn’t fare well for it. They are changing that in the October 15th patch though, with moving Lung Capacity to Adept.

If you ask me personally, I think that Shrug it Off is simply a bad trait and there’s not much you could do to fix it. It cleanses 1 condition as soon as you get 2, which often makes it rather useless as it could end up cleansing things like Cripple, Immobilize or Chill. On the other hand, lowering the cooldown comes with issues since Shrug it Off benefits from everything that relates to Shouts, meaning it heals and can cleanse 2 conditions with Soldier Runes.

Just think about it. You suggested a 15s cooldown. With Soldier Runes and Vigorous Shouts (after the October 15th patch), you’re talking about a passive trait that heals for ~1400 and removes 2 conditions every 15 seconds. That’s just shy of 100 hp/s healing and significant passive condi removal.

i dont know about this patch so i cant say much about it but as for ur personal opnion i couldn’t agree more. by the way im signet build warrior just to let u know.

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Olba.5376

remember the part where i said that i use an specific build? i only use cleasing ire wish is awesome but none of the others.

that would be a PRETTY good idea but long bows r mainly for condition build even tho it blinds, unmove and even burn pretty well the fact that i have 0 condition dmg would make that weapon not very effective.

oh sure berserker stance haha that was my hope and i cant denie that against necros it works but when it comes down to mesmers… men i just wish i could put in the same duels i’ve been and also against the same Mesmer I’ve fought then ull understand what im talking about. 8s of condition immunity thats what get from berserker stance but i dont know if u remember the insane amount of supervivality mesmers have thoes 8s will pass agay like nothing happened and pls dont tell me to use sure-footed cause dogged march is way better.

i dont know about this patch so i cant say much about it but as for ur personal opnion i couldn’t agree more. by the way im signet build warrior just to let u know.

JSharp made this post detailing some of the balance changes they’ll be putting in on October 15th.

Elsewhere it was mentioned that they’re bringing up the base healing of Vigorous Shouts by 25% and changing the scaling from 0.8 to 0.9.

To me, that looks pretty delicious for a healing shout warhorn warrior, as they will be able to pick up Vigorous Shouts, Quick Breathing and Lung Capacity.

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

i knew someone would come with this suggestion… first of all building adrenaline with a decent build is not easy at all, there r a few traits that require 3 bars of adrenaline to work well such as: adrenal health, heightened focus and berserker’s power, so wasting adrenaline has its consequences. but let’s say u don’t need none of them and ur in a battle, what happens if u get blind? exacly u miss and also what happens if simply miss it, thats right ull have to wait for it 10s cooldown again. im not saying this trait is useless cause it isnt but is definetly not going to guaranti u a win agains full condition mesmers or necros maybe other classes yea but not this 2. anyways that was just to answer ur question but MAIN point here is that the “shrug it off” trait should have a boost…. do u agree or not.

Either you are trolling, or you have no clue how to pvp. Based on what you wrote I’m hoping it’s the first, but I suspect it’s the second.

We have some of the absolute best ways to deal with the condi meta there is. Just because someone doesn’t want to take advantage of that doesn’t mean it isn’t true. That’s like me running a straight sword/warhorn and then QQing that we have no CC. That’s just silly.

If you get blinded, and it’s pretty easy to notice there is both an icon and a visual, just pop off an aa. Standing in an aoe blind? DODGE ROLL OUT, or walk out.

JSharp made this post detailing some of the balance changes they’ll be putting in on October 15th.

Elsewhere it was mentioned that they’re bringing up the base healing of Vigorous Shouts by 25% and changing the scaling from 0.8 to 0.9.

To me, that looks pretty delicious for a healing shout warhorn warrior, as they will be able to pick up Vigorous Shouts, Quick Breathing and Lung Capacity.

Problem there is it’s going to make a heavy sustain condi bunker much more powerful. Hammer/lb bunker is already really good. I think it’s good to get multiple good builds, but then we will end up like guardians and getting put into the bunker or gtfo boat. That sucks, and I would rather have more diversity than just two good builds that accomplish the same thing.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

it seems you are blinded my friend

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

On my warr I run lemongrass poultry soup + melandru’s runes + dogged march. You dont need cleansing when the conditions drop off you before they can do any real harm.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

The way the math is done, if you stack enough -condi (lemon,mel,dog) itll counter the + condi gear/food because the math. its rounded up for negative condi, down for positive condi making negative still OP and better than any shouts can do

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

“Shrug it off” is actually a bit buggy too. In a lot of cases, it activates before the condition that triggered it is actually applied. I’ve noticed many times with skills that only apply one condition, “Shrug it off” will activate but the condition will still be on me. This is only really noticeable at the beginning of a fight, when you have no conditions on you and the first one lands. There have been a lot of times where I get immobilized or crippled through “Shrug it off”.

Also, for some reason “Shrug it off” will interrupt some skills. The one I notice most often is the Longbow burst ability. Many many times, the arrow will be in the air, midflight, and “Shrug it off” will trigger. The arrow then lands and puts the burst on cooldown, but there is no effect. No idea why an instant cast trait ability is interrupting other skills…

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Posted by: Nuorus.8415

Nuorus.8415

only class I got problem with is a necro. and what kind of necro? Terror Necro. On what kind of player? Experienced player. Other than that mesmer and engineer are next hardests. I got win/loose rate towards those two 1/1 or 50% rate. Terror Necro is Counter to my playstyles and my guildie likes to use it because he beats almost everyone he meets easily with it. I don’t go popular pvp builds because I want challenge and work for the win so I wont go mace/shield/gs. I did try it and it was pretty even with him.

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

People seems using word “trolling” out of context way too often…

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Warrior is great against conditions. High base HP, great options for both preventing and cleansing, I don’t struggle against most necro’s.

However, shrug/shake it off are bad.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

Posted by: Gutts.8791

Gutts.8791

I’m in agreement with OP here. Cleansing Ire is absolutely USELESS for condition removal unless you’re using a longbow, and I don’t want to have to use a longbow just because of it. The only reason I use cleansing ire is for the faster adrenaline buildup.

I think the problem would be a lot better for us melee warriors if burst skills ignored blind or something, the fact that earthshaker “misses” when your hammer is clearly landing on top of someone is stupid, it’s an AOE effect.

Shrug It Off is awful, condition removal without soldier runes and shouts for a warrior is awful, meaning that every warrior ever in the world has to take melandru runes and lemongrass.

That being said, mobile strikes (for me) really does make up for lack of condition removal.

"SHRUG IT OFF"

in Warrior

wolverine.5164

I’m in agreement with OP here. Cleansing Ire is absolutely USELESS for condition removal unless you’re using a longbow, and I don’t want to have to use a longbow just because of it. The only reason I use cleansing ire is for the faster adrenaline buildup.

I think the problem would be a lot better for us melee warriors if burst skills ignored blind or something, the fact that earthshaker “misses” when your hammer is clearly landing on top of someone is stupid, it’s an AOE effect.

Shrug It Off is awful, condition removal without soldier runes and shouts for a warrior is awful, meaning that every warrior ever in the world has to take melandru runes and lemongrass.

That being said, mobile strikes (for me) really does make up for lack of condition removal.

at last someone that knows what im talking about, i dont want to depend on a kitteng long bow to burst and remove cond., i dont want to depend on soldier or melandru runes instead i want to use lyssa (removes all conditions using a elite)… and the only trait that COULD save my kitten is shrug it off if it gets improved… using war horn and sword is the lamest kitten ever. thos 2 weapons r to run away. and yes for all that ppl that thinks i dont know nothing about the game i do use melandru + lemeongras food + dogged march actually im an slave to that food, trait and rune cause i cant do anything about it…