SPvP Mace/Mace Warrior

SPvP Mace/Mace Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

I was bored last night and decided to make a build with two things; the new boon hate trait and with a weapon set hardly anyone uses. This is what I came up with:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQRBJTxG2IoTMcwjuDTcABpQLADjiiYIUPmD7YDB-TwAg0CnIqRVjrGTNyas1MKYByWhJEA

(You will probably have to copy and paste it into your address bar.)

So my thinking was to build on the Destruction of the empowered trait by adding every +%damage I could get my hands on. I even used the +5% damage on my mainhand mace even though something like the sigil of fire might have been better. But the maces hit surprisingly hard. The first two hits of the chain skill would hit for 2k and the third hit could reach close to 5k. And you can keep weakness on your targets permanently, which helps out a lot when fighting bunkers.

I chose sword/warhorn for my other weapons. The sword so I can leap in and out of combat and the warhorn for swiftness, vigor and to keep me from getting rooted. The warhorn 5 is also great to start the fight with after leaping in because it gets the initial weakness on all your enemies, then the mace will keep re-applying it.

Your only survivability comes from the mace block and vigor + sig of stamina. So you have to run away with the sword leap and the warhorn 4 a lot.

Tell me what you think. Love it? Hate it? Worst build evar!?!

SPvP Mace/Mace Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

I wouldn’t run berserker with it, pvt might be better. And I’m addicted to a longbow on my second weaponset :p

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

SPvP Mace/Mace Warrior

in Warrior

Vandal.8029

Yeah I agree somewhat. I tried it with a soldiers amulet, but the loss of crit hurt a little. The maces swing so slow so they really depend on the burst crit damage. Maybe since you can have fury from sig of rage up for most fights it will still work out.

I only played two tourney games last night with this build. Had amazing success with the it in the first game. Even had one guardian ask me why I hit so hard. Then I got completely dominated by a premade the next game.

Warriors just dont have many options so it was fun just trying something new.

SPvP Mace/Mace Warrior

in Warrior

Vandal.8029

Oh well. It sounds good in theory. Big crits, 3 low cd cc’s in one weaponset, boon hate, perma-weakness, and attacks that can’t be blocked. It screams bunker-buster but probably wouldn’t work that well in practice.

SPvP Mace/Mace Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

Hmmm I tried the build and here are my problems with it:
1)The Crit chance: When your attacks crit yes they hurt a lot, but the crit chance is fairly low making this not happen enough
2) The mace attacks are just flat out too slow, if Anet maybe buffed the speed (Which they should), this build would be much more viable
3) I just feel too squishy with it, normally I run 0/25/30/0/15 with hammer and axe/shield, and as of now I just think that’s better
I’ll consider this build again once Anet buffs the mace attack speed, until then though, I just don’t feel it’s viable. Good job nonetheless though! It’d be perfect except for the general problems with the mace on warrior (mainhand, the offhand skills are fine).

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell