Savage Leap escape

Savage Leap escape

in Warrior

Posted by: Leadfoot.9071

Leadfoot.9071

Q:

Sometimes when I need to gtfo I will click on the ground, deselecting my target, and then savage leap – I’m noticing that sometimes if I hit savage leap too quickly after deselecting it will STILL jump towards my previous target – is that a bug? Anybody else notice this?

Savage Leap escape

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

A:

Two other possibilities,

(1) lag between client/server, you deselect a target, hit the utility button and the server believes you are still targeting your original. I have never seen this behavior though. Other players have claimed it though.

(2) Camera angle/object selected. On several occasions, if a target is deselected by using the click on target function to deselect (not ESC) and on a seemingly benign area (like a wall nearby is selected), you will sometimes leap towards that clicked spot (sometimes even sideways and not towards the original target). This tends to happen far more frequently in enclosed areas (and for me this has happened more times than I can count in Eternal Battlegrounds, Stonemist Castle in those hallways to the Lord’s room).

Note, I use Bull’s Charge (not Savage Leap often) but the symptoms seem eerily similar.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

Savage Leap escape

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Do you have auto attack turned off?

Skullclamp

Savage Leap escape

in Warrior

Posted by: Larosh.1605

Larosh.1605

Do you have auto attack turned off?

Probably meaning auto target. Check your options on the F11 panel.

Savage Leap escape

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Well if it only hapens sometimes and in specific situations (right after deselecting the target) auto target should be deactivated. I have some issues like cliking on the ground to do the same as you and if there is a enemy or friendly near the spot when i click i select that person instead.
I also notice that sometimes when i dodge on one direction the charater dodge to the oposite direction that i want.
Your situation only hapens to me when i click on the ground to desengage and then leap and for some reason the target still is there when i press the leap.

Savage Leap escape

in Warrior

Leadfoot.9071

Two other possibilities,

(1) lag between client/server, you deselect a target, hit the utility button and the server believes you are still targeting your original. I have never seen this behavior though. Other players have claimed it though.

(2) Camera angle/object selected. On several occasions, if a target is deselected by using the click on target function to deselect (not ESC) and on a seemingly benign area (like a wall nearby is selected), you will sometimes leap towards that clicked spot (sometimes even sideways and not towards the original target). This tends to happen far more frequently in enclosed areas (and for me this has happened more times than I can count in Eternal Battlegrounds, Stonemist Castle in those hallways to the Lord’s room).

Note, I use Bull’s Charge (not Savage Leap often) but the symptoms seem eerily similar.

Yeah, probably client server lag – I see my target clear up at the top of teh window and then hit #2 and go flying towards the guy i had targeted a second ago… lag makes the most sense to me.

Your number 2 does not explain it for me as I know I lept backwards instead of towards the area of ground I clicked on – definitely thinking lag.

I have auto target disabled and have for quite a while.

Savage Leap escape

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

For clarity, #2 might be a problem with invisible objects (the game world uses invisible characters to render effects) being targeted with the mouse click but I have no way to confirm since I am not a ANet QA employee … it is extremely hard to reproduce consistently.

I do think it is a bug though.

Savage Leap escape

in Warrior

Leadfoot.9071

I don’t know.. when it happens it does seem to be sending me back towards the guy I previously had targeted and not in the direction of where I clicked to drop the target. At least in my case.