Secret battle standard nerf?

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I dont know exacly when, but the warbanner doesnt seems to ress all the time.
It looks likes it only gives the downed some health instead of insta revive.
First I thought it was some glitch but after some tests with guildies it seems to give the downed only some health. I guess it was a hotfix some weeks ago cause I dont see it in any patch note or maybe Im blind.
The discription of the banner says:

Banner
Place a battle standard that revives fallen allies and grants fury, might, and swiftness to allies.

But it doesnt revives all the time, so the discription is wrong and should be changed.
Just saying. #stopthesecrethotfixes

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Really…? Sfr “Roamer” ?!….Cough
Banner has always been like this.Also,WIKI ftw!

" The banner will revive players for 100% of their total down state health and 100% of their normal health meaning that through debuffs (such as Poison and/or Agony), the banner’s revival capabilities can be negated to the point that the affected player will not revive at all, and only regain a portion of their downed health. This is a common issue in fractals, as levels with Mistlock Instability: Agonizing Expedition can cause players to have multiple stacks of agony, thus nullifying the effects completely."

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Well I never noticed it tbh cause I roam solo without banner.
When I was in pvp I saw it for the first time so i was like wtf? is this new xD ?

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

To your first comment – yeah it’s incredibly finicky – many times have I placed my standard next to my ally, literally, and it failed them. It’s not lag on my end, teammates have commented on it as well.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

If it’s not fully reviving them then it’s because the targets have poison, which reduces healing efficacy. Battle standard restores 100% of a person’s downed health, so if that person has poison it will only restore 66% of it instead.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

If it’s not fully reviving them then it’s because the targets have poison, which reduces healing efficacy. Battle standard restores 100% of a person’s downed health, so if that person has poison it will only restore 66% of it instead.

Seems like an unintended bug.

They COULD spend tons of time recoding it, and messing with it so battle standard isn’t affected by poison, conditions, etc….

Or… they could just change the value to restore 200% downed players health.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’m not sure if I would call it a bug because technically both the skill and the condition are behaving the exact way they are intended to so this is more of an oversight if anything. I don’t consider the two the exact same thing.

Unfortunately reporting things as bugs doesn’t seem to do anything either way.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Seems like an unintended bug.

They COULD spend tons of time recoding it, and messing with it so battle standard isn’t affected by poison, conditions, etc….

Or… they could just change the value to restore 200% downed players health.

Does a little counter play matter that much?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

At first I was going to say working as intended, but are the other ressurectin skills that ranger, necromancer, elementalist and guardian have subject to the same variables with poison and bleed?

If so then it’s working as intended, if not then it needs to be addressed to be brought in line for the other classes have to be brought in line with warbanner.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

because technically both the skill and the condition are behaving the exact way they are intended

However, the skill fact says you will revive fallen allies, no mention of just 100% downed HP or poison affecting it.

Sounds like an unintended effect.

And people saying it needs counterplay, how about interrupting the warrior? We have the most obvious animations ingame…

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Yes, the skill fact is misleading, but I feel that for a such powerful skill there should be way more counters than only interrupting warrior. Especially when warrior has a skill that gives them 10 stacks of stability.

It’s so easy to pull off a banner even in big fights to save 2-3 allies that its ridicilous.

And in small fights the banner just turns the table around so hard when it’s dropped. It’s basically 66% heal that starts to pulse might, fury and swiftness. And it’s faster than stomping animation so it’s not hard to pull it off (as long as you have stability in reserve or just position yourself well)

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Yes, the skill fact is misleading, but I feel that for a such powerful skill there should be way more counters than only interrupting warrior. Especially when warrior has a skill that gives them 10 stacks of stability.

It’s so easy to pull off a banner even in big fights to save 2-3 allies that its ridicilous.

And in small fights the banner just turns the table around so hard when it’s dropped. It’s basically 66% heal that starts to pulse might, fury and swiftness. And it’s faster than stomping animation so it’s not hard to pull it off (as long as you have stability in reserve or just position yourself well)

Well, if your enemies managed to get themself downed close enough to eachother that the 1 surviving warrior can res them all with 1 banner that’s on a 240 second cooldown, then gg I’d say.

How about you try to down the warrior first next time?

Boon steal/cleansing…

And IMO, if a skill has a 240 second cooldown, the thing it does should be very strong. I mean, how often can a warrior use it effectively during 1 PvP match? 2 times?

Don’t forget, it’s a heal to downed players only, so this skill will never be used unless you can revive somebody.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

At first I was going to say working as intended, but are the other ressurectin skills that ranger, necromancer, elementalist and guardian have subject to the same variables with poison and bleed?

If so then it’s working as intended, if not then it needs to be addressed to be brought in line for the other classes have to be brought in line with warbanner.

It does. As well as engi’s, mesmer’s and thieve’s resurect skill. All the skills adress the downstate by giving chunks of health point to their target.

(If people wonder about what skills i’m talking : toss elixir R (engi), Shadow refuge (thief), Illusion of life (mesmer). )

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

10 stacks of stability is nothing.
the stability boon can be removed very easily.

you have no idea how many times i was stripped of stability and then interrupted while i was attempting to banner revive team mates.