Sell me on Warrior!

Sell me on Warrior!

in Warrior

Posted by: Criswellious.9108

Criswellious.9108

I have all professions at 80. Of course, having every job at 80 isn’t the same as playing every job at 80.

I recently finished out full ascended gear for three of my characters, each fitting very specific roles. My Guardian is geared specifically for WvW, my Mesmer is a Chronobunker for raids and general PvE, my Ranger can either be straight DPS or healing for raids, fractals or other general PvE.

Now that I have the three classes I play the most fully geared, I’m looking to start full ascended sets for other characters so that I can have other options to bring to the table in specific settings (such as raids, fractals, etc). What I would like is to gear up a class I a) like playing and b) would fit useful and specific needs for groups I find myself in.

The modes I play are PvE, Fractals, Dungeons, Raids, and WvW. I have zero interest in PvP.

I’m thinking the one area I’m lacking is in condi-damage (my Guardian is a burn-bunker, but she’s specific for WvW so she doesn’t really count). So I’m leaning, strongly, towards gearing my next character to be strong with condi.

It seems, these days, that Necro is king of condi. However, I really dislike playing my Necro :-) I do like playing my Warrior (I had a blast running berserker elite with, well, berserker exotic gear after the HoT release), and my Warrior is tied with my Engineer for fourth most played character on my account.

So I’m asking you guys to sell me on making my Warrior my next, fully fleshed out and geared character. I’m also asking for general stat and build guidance considering a) I’m lacking a condi-build in general and b) I typically get pretty bored playing straight up glass cannon berserker gear. Also, bearing in mind I don’t do PvP, so my build should be useful elsewhere.

Sell me on Warrior!

in Warrior

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

ok i just made a warrior and i know nothing about the class but ill sell you on it! heavy armor and a big sword. what better way to show how much of a man you are? A BIG SWORD MEANS A BIG ****

im bad at sarcasm

Sell me on Warrior!

in Warrior

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

One of my two favorite characters is a Charrzerker (formerly Charrior), so I’ll have a go at it.

Firstly, Warrior is down to earth: it uses no magical weapons, and almost no magic period (exceptions: banners and signets). So it’s great for a realist… or someone whose parents are devoutly religious and think magic is satanic. :P
Secondly, because of this, it’s simple. Its class mechanic is literally just an adrenaline surge. Its specialization, Berserker, takes that to the next level – but still keeps it real. And wins more PvP matches.
Thirdly, Warrior is tied with Guardian for the position of “can wield the most weapons of any profession.” Warriors can use every weapon but a staff, scepter, focus, shortbow, pistol, dagger, torch (if not Berserker), or trident. Staff/scepter/focus/trident because they’re magical and Warriors have no use for them, and shortbows/pistols/daggers because the profession is meant to be a tank, not a rogue. Guardian, by contrast, has a more magical and (at least IMO) much more difficult to use weapon set.

Hope this convinces you!

Sell me on Warrior!

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

If you like PvE/Fractals so much, you can’t beat the old meta build. Full zerk gear with Phalanx Strength/Forceful Greatsword. If you like blasting through canned content at hyper speed, you can’t go wrong with Warrior. Berserker is a nice twist and fun if you like condi builds, but it recently got nerfed (condi-wise).

If you really want a challenge though, take Warrior into PvP or small group roaming in WvW. Nothing more satisfying cleaving downed Thieves, Guardians, Mesmers that attempted to gank you. And see how smug they act when they eat a full 100b after a nice Skull Crack.

Sell me on Warrior!

in Warrior

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

I have all professions at 80. Of course, having every job at 80 isn’t the same as playing every job at 80.

I recently finished out full ascended gear for three of my characters, each fitting very specific roles. My Guardian is geared specifically for WvW, my Mesmer is a Chronobunker for raids and general PvE, my Ranger can either be straight DPS or healing for raids, fractals or other general PvE.

Now that I have the three classes I play the most fully geared, I’m looking to start full ascended sets for other characters so that I can have other options to bring to the table in specific settings (such as raids, fractals, etc). What I would like is to gear up a class I a) like playing and b) would fit useful and specific needs for groups I find myself in.

The modes I play are PvE, Fractals, Dungeons, Raids, and WvW. I have zero interest in PvP.

I’m thinking the one area I’m lacking is in condi-damage (my Guardian is a burn-bunker, but she’s specific for WvW so she doesn’t really count). So I’m leaning, strongly, towards gearing my next character to be strong with condi.

It seems, these days, that Necro is king of condi. However, I really dislike playing my Necro :-) I do like playing my Warrior (I had a blast running berserker elite with, well, berserker exotic gear after the HoT release), and my Warrior is tied with my Engineer for fourth most played character on my account.

So I’m asking you guys to sell me on making my Warrior my next, fully fleshed out and geared character. I’m also asking for general stat and build guidance considering a) I’m lacking a condi-build in general and b) I typically get pretty bored playing straight up glass cannon berserker gear. Also, bearing in mind I don’t do PvP, so my build should be useful elsewhere.

Condi warriors are in a good place these days. Longbow now has 1200 range and the auto attack applies burn on every shot when traited. Swords are great for stacking long-duration bleeds and physical skills apply bleeds when traited. Just go for it man, Sword-Sword plus longbow.

Combinations are numerous but here is something I’ve run in PvE/WvW:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAscTjEdQVHW2BudAnIGICssHUEieXI8DE0sAwHsnB-T1hFABAcKAy+JA4h+gBUCyjyvl2foF1fAA-w

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

(edited by that baby stealing dingo.7216)

Sell me on Warrior!

in Warrior

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

There are some arguments which might sell you on warrior. Condition builds aren’t one of them, sadly.

Condition warrior is not the most effective of builds in Raids, Dungeons and Fractals. It is about average as far as condition condition builds go and below average compared to all of the meta damage builds.
Still, if you don’t mind something far from optimal and it works for you then go for it. You can use your guardian set on that warrior and just see how it goes. I wouldn’t advice you to invest too much gold, though.

Almost anything works in Open World PvE. Longbow does okey damage still and makes for a safe and “relaxing” playstyle.

There is only one warrior build that shines at the moment. The good old PS warrior in instanced PvE (and maybe the WvW burst rifle build).

(edited by Henry.5713)

Sell me on Warrior!

in Warrior

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I don’t have a build put together to show, just an emotional story of awesome for a shoutbow/burnzerker.

My buddy needed help getting around Verdant Brink but got defeated. When I got to the scene, there were loads of Mordrem flunkies strutting around like they owned the place. Fuming with vengeance, I went after them, adrenaline quickly pumping. The 6-to-1 battle had begun. Flip to Berserk mode, and the waves and waves of fire start, adrenaline spiking so fast I get it all before the next cooldown is over. Kiting the melee, Dual Shot burning priority targets, dragging everything through pools of death, and even more Mordrem come in a vain attempt to halt the inevitable. I was fine with it, because the more there are, the more damage I do.
Eventually, a pair of straggling allies came to clean up after the hard work was done, so, I rescue my buddy and we hightail it to Auric Basin.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

(edited by Rauderi.8706)

Sell me on Warrior!

in Warrior

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I just recently started a warrior (I’ve mostly just played my guardian these last couple of years), and I’m having a blast with him. I’m going hammer and rifle. The hammer gives me the feeling like I’m actually hitting hard with a heavy weapon… a feeling I don’t get from flashing a GS around. I also really appreciate having 3 interrupts and 1 movement CC. The rifle is mostly for some world bosses, champions, and other things I don’t necessarily want to get into melee range with for extended periods of time. I still don’t have him to 80, but he’s getting close. Yeah, I’m using zerker gear for the armor, but for trinkets and weapons I’m going soldiers. He hits hard and can take a lot of hits, which is what I was going for; he’s only been dropped once in PvE and it took 8 trash mobs and 2 veterans employing stuns/knockdowns… and I didn’t have good soldiers trinkets yet.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Sell me on Warrior!

in Warrior

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Looking at the responses and recent changes to warrior in the (ahem) balance pass,
I’d start somewhere else.