Settlers vs Rabid gear. help please! :)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ozoug.4158

Ozoug.4158

Hi there, I am trying to make a condition warrior, but I can’t decide if i should use settlers (T,h,c) or rabid (t,prec,C)

I use sword / sword, and longbow. I want to do small scale in WvW, sometimes im solo, sometimes i roam with friends. I’ve tried out both in sPvP, but I can’t decide what I like better.

If anyone could give me their opinion I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a lot guys!

Zoug

GW2: A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Yzoug.
DaoC: R11 Skald

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

considering you already know the primary and secondary stats, it is simply up to you to choose. Now a few things to note:

Precision will benefit in slightly boosting raw damage numbers when consistent, as well as add extra bleeds and “on-crit” effects, such as Sigil of Fire, or Generosity.

Healing power will boost your overall regeneration from Healing Signet, but take note that it will not be a massive difference, because the scaling is actually rather low.

Rabid is more or less the offensive set, and Settler’s is the defensive. So it all depends what you want to gear for.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: Mayhem.1935

Mayhem.1935

Dire trinkets that have a small prec, Rabid Armor, Dire weapons. Healing is not effective for the point expenditure for wars signet or adrenal healing.

-The Swindler-Mesmer —

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

No. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Healing-power-worth-it-for-roamer

Full rabid or rabid/dire, or rabid/celestial with a hybrid which works really good for Sw/Swand LB

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Just to chime in, I tried full settler’s s/s+LB in a condi build, I was not impressed with settler’s. I recommend you try something else, as of yet I just shelved my warrior to concentrate on other toons.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in Warrior

Posted by: Mayhem.1935

Mayhem.1935

Also, the new runes of anti toxin are very good for this build.

-The Swindler-Mesmer —

in Warrior

Posted by: WhoAmI.1274

WhoAmI.1274

@OP..uhmm why dont you try the vitality/toughness/condition stats..

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

The only stats I would use on a condi build are Dire or Rabid with w preference for Dire for the extra survivability without losing a lot of DPS.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Ozoug.4158

Ozoug.4158

Thanks for the info guys

GW2: A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Yzoug.
DaoC: R11 Skald

in Warrior

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

I used settlers and rabid in that order when I began experimenting with conditions. Healing scales poorly , very poorly and precision doesn’t add much overall damage.

If you really want to be a threat out there on the battlefield, then go with dire. It’s the best hands down. If not, then rabid>settlers. Like I said, healing scales poorly with us warriors so you might as well take the precision.

in Warrior

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

I play with full rabid armor and 2 rabid trinket, rest is dire trinkets.

Main reason are crit sigils that proc conditions 1 Weapon Earth sigil and the other torment AOE on critical hit. you also have a trait with 33% chance to apply bleed on crit.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

(edited by Haralin.1473)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Also, rabid will be more useful against “condition immunity” traits imo.