Shield Stance to consume adrenaline

in Warrior

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

How would warriors feel if instead of shield stance being on a cooldown it instead consumed adrenaline in order to block? If you saw an attack coming you could block it and then go back to fighting but you would not be able to sit there and block forever because you need to attack to get your adrenaline back. I think this would make the shield a much more fluid weapon and would reward warriors with skill.

Thoughts?

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

in Warrior

Posted by: Sabbatum.7263

Sabbatum.7263

I had that idea few months ago, but forgot to suggest.

That would make the shield stance way more useful than it’s now

Totally agree with your suggestion!

Your weakness makes me laugh!

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Sounds fun.

Thus it’s clearly inappropriate for the warriors have it.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

1 block per adren bar? 1 sec per adren bar?

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

in Warrior

Chrispytoast.3698

I just ran the numbers going with that Shield stance would consume 6 ticks of adrenaline a second. This would increase the block duration to 5 seconds for using all of our adrenaline. But if you are set up for blocking… If you pop Berserker’s Stance when you start blocking that will extend your total time to 8.33 seconds of blocking.

If you have SoR available that increases to 8.66 seconds.

If you pop SoF after all your adrenaline is gone this will grant you another 5 seconds of blocking so 13.33 w/o SoR and 14 with SoR

So for 14 seconds of blocking, you have used up all your adrenaline, used 2 out of 3 of your utilites and not used SoR. Seems like it would be good but not OP.

Forgot about healing surge. This would add 5 more seconds totaling 18.33 w/o SoR or 19.33 with SoR

(edited by Chrispytoast.3698)

in Warrior

Posted by: stefanplc.5234

stefanplc.5234

You often need to use Shield Block very early… it would sort of make you a sitting duck until you gain some Adrenaline.. if there was a way around this without forcing me to replace my utilities it would be cool.. or if this was just an additional F2 skill that warriors can use.. some immunity similar to how Mesmers can get that invulnerability

Matale & Sohpital – Warrior & Thief PvP
www.youtube.com/stefanplc

in Warrior

Chrispytoast.3698

You often need to use Shield Block very early… it would sort of make you a sitting duck until you gain some Adrenaline.. if there was a way around this without forcing me to replace my utilities it would be cool.. or if this was just an additional F2 skill that warriors can use.. some immunity similar to how Mesmers can get that invulnerability

Bring Signet of Fury, you could pop it to be instantly able to block in case you didn’t have any adrenaline. It still gives you freedom of 2 utilities.

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

They should add more than 2 weapon sets

or

Add different burst abilities based on weapon set in use.One for main and one for off hand etc. 2 for GS etc.Offensive and defensive.

Ppl suggested this multiple times but devs don’t listen.

in Warrior

Chrispytoast.3698

With the new Berserker’s stance you could reach up to 21.66 seconds without SoR and 22.48 seconds with SoR.

With the Sure Footed trait you could add roughly 1.5 seconds to each of these totals

in Warrior

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I agree. When I’m trying to close in on a kiting enemy I often do so behind shield stance.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

It would be extremely bad, especially in PvE.

Furious and Sharpened Axes, coupled with high crit rate results in Axe/Shield getting a full 3 bars in a matter of a few seconds.

No way to balance it around that, as your options are:

• Balance it around Furious and Sharpened Axes, resulting in it being too weak without those
  • Ignore the adrenaline traits and risk warriors becoming tanks in PvE

Not to mention that it would quite literally make Signet of Fury into a beefed up Endure Pain.