Shield stance not blocking conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

I’m getting condition such as blind and weakness even when using the shield. Is that how it is supposed to do?

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Some skills are unblockable. What is applying the blind to you?

An example of what would be able to apply weakness to you during your block would be another warrior using Call to Arms.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Take a good look at this list for starters.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unblockable

in Warrior

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

I’m kind of annoyed at how many skills are unblockable in this game, and they keep adding more. Warriors have no access to invul at all and no access to evade outside of dodge roll and Whirlwind so if we want to go tanky, block is our main mitigation mechanics and it’s getting bypassed everywhere.

I can understand for ground-based attacks like traps, or gas-based stuff like poison gas, but then you have random skills such as Larcenous Strike, Shadow Shot or Phoenix that are unblockable for no apparent reason.

I know that Guardians have stateless “fire-and-forget” block skills such as Aegis or their focus thing that still allow them to fight while being protected by block, and as such their blocks need counterplay because there’s no penalty to using these skills. (Other than the skill’s cooldown I guess.) But a warrior using Counterblow, Ripose, Parry or Shield Stance has to stop whatever s/he’s doing and cannot attack, evade, or do anything else from under these skills unlike someone protected by Aegis, and as such I find it frustrating to block against something I see coming only to have it ignore my block because it was given the “unblockable” flag for absolutely no logical reason.

I wish the game had a distinction between “weak block” and “strong block”. All “state-less” blocks such as Aegis and that Guardian focus skill (ie: those that let you fight, evade, etc. while under block) are considered “weak block” and can be bypassed by random Thief stabbies, the “Unblockable” buff, or whatever. “Strong blocks” on the other hand would only be bypassed by ground or gas-based attacks. (ie: The stuff that makes sense to be unblockable) and otherwise are considered the same as “Evade”.

in Warrior

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I notice my taunt goes through block too

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I’m kind of annoyed at how many skills are unblockable in this game, and they keep adding more. Warriors have no access to invul at all and no access to evade outside of dodge roll and Whirlwind so if we want to go tanky, block is our main mitigation mechanics and it’s getting bypassed everywhere.

I can understand for ground-based attacks like traps, or gas-based stuff like poison gas, but then you have random skills such as Larcenous Strike, Shadow Shot or Phoenix that are unblockable for no apparent reason.

I know that Guardians have stateless “fire-and-forget” block skills such as Aegis or their focus thing that still allow them to fight while being protected by block, and as such their blocks need counterplay because there’s no penalty to using these skills. (Other than the skill’s cooldown I guess.) But a warrior using Counterblow, Ripose, Parry or Shield Stance has to stop whatever s/he’s doing and cannot attack, evade, or do anything else from under these skills unlike someone protected by Aegis, and as such I find it frustrating to block against something I see coming only to have it ignore my block because it was given the “unblockable” flag for absolutely no logical reason.

I wish the game had a distinction between “weak block” and “strong block”. All “state-less” blocks such as Aegis and that Guardian focus skill (ie: those that let you fight, evade, etc. while under block) are considered “weak block” and can be bypassed by random Thief stabbies, the “Unblockable” buff, or whatever. “Strong blocks” on the other hand would only be bypassed by ground or gas-based attacks. (ie: The stuff that makes sense to be unblockable) and otherwise are considered the same as “Evade”.

Totally agree,i think atleast for warr speaking reduction in the applied affects while having shield up would be a good start,could even be added to the traitline instead.

in Warrior

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

How would you block a taunt? Earmuffs? Some unblockables are logically so

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Warrior

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

totaly agree. Unfortunately anet and people are blind, they will not even care about what you said, i mean come on we have rampage, 20 seconds to kill the perma blocking stealthing blinding spam kiting opponents, who does care about the other 120 seconds you will have to survive during the rampage CD compared to their 20 seconds with nothing more than a endure pain and a shield blockt that doesnt blockl?

Back on topic: was a necro, so he probably used epidemic on me when i was blocking. I should have checked combat log.