Short balance list, that can work for us all

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

\\UPDATED it//
Btw i intend to make this a short list that would help most warriors and not to redo the whole warrior spec, thats the idea :-)

—BASELINE—
—Fast hands
—adrenaline on getting hit

—TRAITS—
Strength
—Replace/upgrade a minor trait in STR for something more usefull (prefer Resto Str)
—Building Momentum from 15 to 25 endurance
—Peak performance, 20% cooldown reduction and gain following boons on use:
(3s resistance / 1 unblock hit / 3s Quickness)
Arms
—Merge"Precise strikes"and"Rendering strikes" (so there is room left for something else)
Defense
—Thick skin, from 90% to 50% health tresshold
—Adrenaling health, gain 50hp per adrenaline gain (1500 total, so you do want to spend your adrenaline, maby the amount of HP should be (de)increased…)
Tactics
—Determined Revival does 10% extra revive speed
—Revivers’s might merged with Empowered (so there is room left for something else)
—vigorous shouts, from 1000 to 1500 healing
Discipline
—Fast hands replaced for Brawlers Recovery (so there is room left for something else)

—UTILITIES—
Stances:
—Endure pain, from 60 to 45
—Berserker Stance, from 60 to 55
Shouts:
—On my mark, from 30 to 25 + cripple
—For great justice, from 3 to 5 might
—Shake it off, from 1 to 2 condi cleanse
—Fear me, from 60 to 50 sec cooldown
Banners:
—from 120 to 90 sec cooldown
Physicals:
—See Physical trait

—WEAPON SKILLS—
—100b destroys projectiles and faster rush
—Evade on Earthshaker or staggering blow (not both)
—Rifle butt, bigger radius or faster
—Cyclone axe and whirling axe gets either reflect projectiles or a short evade(not both)
—Counter blow, block for full duration if not in melee, Tremor add cripple also
—Warhorn skills should have add another boon, not sure what..

(no i didnt add longbow and swords, because not sure if needed and what condi players prefer at all.. if its needed ofc)

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

No joke, Death from Above is one of my favourite traits. Imo, it far surpasses the utility of the other two traits in wvw.

I’d weep salty tears if it was removed

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

After the balance (pfft) patch I really gave it a try in wvw. Didn’t read any forum posts and went at it for a few days to really give my beloved warrior a chance again. But same still the same.

No sustain and getting melted by condis.

Too bad, warrior/berserker is my fav class. I love the mechanics and the versatility. Well…when they work. And at the moment they dont.

in Warrior

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I like all of them, but two which my on criticisms about them. (Falling Trait and 100B) is that every class tends to have a -DMG on fall so taking that away might be bad, but I see what you mean by replacing it with something more “Useful”, and 100B instead of “Reflecting” I would think it would be more apt to “Destroy” projectiles?

But yeah, we need some more “Passive/Defaults” and “Merging of Traits” to get us going in the right direction.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in Warrior

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

These are all good changes but no class deserves baseline traits, regardless of what it will do for them.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Warrior

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

These are all good changes but no class deserves baseline traits, regardless of what it will do for them.

Didnt Elementalist attunement CD become baseline?

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

in Warrior

Posted by: cryorion.9532

cryorion.9532

Nice changes indeed, but I agree with Choppy, Death from Above is pretty good to be removed and every class has fall damage reduction trait after all…
What I like the most is projectile reflect on 100b… that would be so good, really
What I would like to see is adrenaline to be used more “actively” for healing. E.g. every adrenaline spent (for F1 bursts – not decay ofc…) would heal for the reasonable amount of health… or something like that. Adrenal health is meh… and saying that warrior needs to be kept simple is just an excuse for lazyness.

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

Nice changes indeed, but I agree with Choppy, Death from Above is pretty good to be removed and every class has fall damage reduction trait after all…
What I like the most is projectile reflect on 100b… that would be so good, really
What I would like to see is adrenaline to be used more “actively” for healing. E.g. every adrenaline spent (for F1 bursts – not decay ofc…) would heal for the reasonable amount of health… or something like that. Adrenal health is meh… and saying that warrior needs to be kept simple is just an excuse for lazyness.

You guys are right, fall dmg can be usefull.. edited it.

in Warrior

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

Tactics minors are probably the worst in the game. Here’s some suggestions: Only 1 minor focused on reviving with a 10% revive boost (like all the other classes have). Pull out one of the generic major traits to sit in the freed up minor slot: either Empower or Empower Allies. And add a Banner major trait option: -20% CD on all banners + something (maybe add Inspiring Battle Standard effect(AoE regen)? ). And any replacement in the Disc Major slot is already competing with DotE and BR, so it won’t be too popular, anyway.

(edited by perko.8309)

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

No joke, Death from Above is one of my favourite traits. Imo, it far surpasses the utility of the other two traits in wvw.

I’d weep salty tears if it was removed

Really? yeah its indeed the only trait in that place that has some use i guess..
(because i was thinking of gliding etc..) maby then they could add something to this trait to not only do something on falldmg..? any idea’s what would be nice for minor trait?

Someone needs to jump off a wall to a crowded gate to understand this

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Physicals need utility not damage even with 300% damage increase is still bad, would be better if we get boons on activation like (resistance, quickness) if traited with peak performance

Disagree on Weapon swap change, either we got the full Fast Hands baseline or leave it as its, you would still pick DISC

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

Physicals need utility not damage even with 300% damage increase is still bad, would be better if we get boons on activation like (resistance, quickness) if traited with peak performance

Disagree on Weapon swap change, either we got the full Fast Hands baseline or leave it as its, you would still pick DISC

I would indeed still get DISC for sure :-) k, made it baseline like many asked.
(still i think making this baseline wouldnt do that much for warrior.. but thats my opinion. making it baseline wouldnt hurt either so :-)

Redone the physicals for you :-)
What do you think about this? it adds allot of more counterplay
—Bulls add a 2sec resistance
—Kick add a 4sec Weakness
—Bolas add a 3 sec slow
—Stomp adds a 4sec blind

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

Tactics minors are probably the worst in the game. Here’s some suggestions: Only 1 minor focused on reviving with a 10% revive boost (like all the other classes have). Pull out one of the generic major traits to sit in the freed up minor slot: either Empower or Empower Allies. And add a Banner major trait option: -20% CD on all banners + something (maybe add Inspiring Battle Standard effect(AoE regen)? ). And any replacement in the Disc Major slot is already competing with DotE and BR, so it won’t be too popular, anyway.

Tactics minors are indeed bad, i merged some of them.
Btw i didnt do the banner trait like you asked because i already decreased the banner Cooldowns from 120 to 90 too make them more usefull for PVE players.

in Warrior

Juba.8406

(still i think making this baseline wouldnt do that much for warrior.. but thats my opinion. making it baseline wouldnt hurt either so :-)

About physicals, yeah i rreally dont know what to do with them.. long time ago i also mentioned it to give more sustain on it.. i will try to make something usefull out of it

Thanks

For physicals check this one and please tell what u think about it

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Peak-Performance-change-suggestion/first

in Warrior

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Make defiant stance elite skill zzz

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

Make defiant stance elite skill zzz

Thats not even a bad idea! we dont have a elite stance now, and it pretty much sucks for a healing skill (only for wvw..) making this an elite would give its some nice use for not only wvw players but also pvp players.

We might have to adjust some numbers?

in Warrior

Juba.8406

About physicals, yeah i rreally dont know what to do with them.. long time ago i also mentioned it to give more sustain on it.. i will try to make something usefull out of it

Thanks

For physicals check this one and please tell what u think about it

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Peak-Performance-change-suggestion/first

These are not bad indeed, instead of giving boons etc on the utility you give it on the Trait. What do you like about my suggestion? (so with trait you still get the 20% reduction, but now the utilities does counter conditions that can help allot also.

Any idea, want to merge it or? dont want it to be too powerfull ofc :-)
Let me know

Big part of not making physicals OP is to force warriors to take the trait and so force them to take STR line if they wanted these boons, thats why i buffed the trait but not the skills.

although some skills need a complete rework like stomp

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

@Juba,

Ok, but we do have to tweak the numbers i think, some physicals are very short cooldown, so maby something like:
3s resistance (enough to make the hit not get blinded etc)
1 unblock hit (only for the skill itself)
3s Quickness

Something like this?

in Warrior

Juba.8406

^^^

Fine numbers can change.

i want a build that uses Full physicals and still be viable like full Stance/Signet/Shout builds, strong against Condi/blocks but weak to CC/corrupt

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

^^^

Fine numbers can change.

Although i wanted a build that uses Full physicals and still be viable like full Stance/Signet builds

I think this would be a good start then,
Because there is a small Berserker stance + Signet of might + frenzy buildin for physicals tis way.

I dont think there would be a viable build with full physical skills, but atleast 1 or 2 could really be nice this way.

Ok, i changed it :-) thanx!

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Protection and resistance feel like the natural fits for physicals, imo. It helps address our sustain problems, it helps cover for the loss of stances in particular when taking physicals, and it fits with the concept of physicals (and the name Peak Performance).

Something like 5s of each on successful use of a physical skill?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

Personally I would rather see Peak Performance give fury might and quickness, to make it more strong offensively. I personally would like to see less unblockable stuff in the game, not more.

I would the move the resistance to Last Blaze ( When you use a rage skill gain 3s of Resistance and set nearby foes on Fire for 3s) alternately Rage skills could remove two conditions on use.

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in Warrior

Stand The Wall.6987

Didnt Elementalist attunement CD become baseline?

Yes and what you see as a result is a profession wide raving lament that their class is unplayable without free things given to them. Instead of making OP traits baseline (power creep) useless ones should be buffed/modified so players have more options to build for their play style and counter what ails them.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Even If we have al these great buffs and cd changes I see here, we would still get recked by a celestial druïd. A 3th weaponset is the only option to bring war back xd

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

You’ve taken existing traits and put them on steroids.
If you have a weedy dude who can’t get the job done, putting them on steroids and bulking them up isn’t going to help them get the job done.

Warrior concept, traits, cool downs are all antiquated. They are mildy upgraded versions of skills that existed in gw1. That basically means warrior is celebrating their 11th guild wars universe birthday this year. Every profession got re-imagined. Paragon became guardian. Mesmer developed clones..ranger eventually became druid. Assassin became thief…ritualist became engineer and warrior stayed as warrior, and took a step backwards.

Warrior is currently redundant in all forms of the game. there is no situation where a warrior presence makes your team better or more versatile.

The entire profession from the ground up needs to be updated as every other profession evolved. Until then, there is no reason to invest in warrior. It hasn’t moved with the times, it offers little in what players want a warrior to be and it is boring to watch in action.

I enjoyed my time with warrior, but they just haven’t grown or developed.

in Warrior

Stand The Wall.6987

I enjoyed my time with warrior, but they just haven’t grown or developed.

go lil war! reach for teh stahs!

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: Noxicon.4956

Noxicon.4956

Your ‘balance’ ideas are nothing but across the board buffs. You’re clearly looking at the situation as someone who mains a warrior and wants to be absurdly overpowered in relation to everyone else, capable of doing everything under the sun.

Though Fast Hands should be baseline.

in Warrior

Posted by: cryorion.9532

cryorion.9532

I think the better thing to do, is not to put unblockables on skills, but rather reduce block spam (yes, I look at you dragonkitten).
Warrior has troubles, but mostly because other specs have just too much compared to warrior.
It is true though, that unblockable would be easier way… just what anet likes!

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

this balance suggestion makes most sense so far, but no “banner finishes downed enemy”? Endure pain to 45 looks little op, 50 would be fine. but Berserker stance from 55 to 50 as well.

And yeah, tactics minor 10% revive speed should do something more in terms of support. That need to be buffed.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)