Should I delete my human Warrior for a charr Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Lately I haven’t been very sure whether or not to keep my human Warrior or delete it for a charr warrior.

I keep hearing great things about For Great Justice+Battle Roar in team play, and Hidden Pistol seems like a wonderful extra dodge skill essential for up-close melee.

And also. anything seems better than the human racials.

But is it worth it? I am already level 80 with a full set of 42k armor. I’m not sure grinding 240k karma again is justified just for the better racial skills+new look. And truth be told, I’m not satisfied with how I made my Warrior look either… But is it worth it making a charr Warrior and deleting him?

I want to hear from other players whether or not a charr Warrior was worth it to them before I delete my human Warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I don’t know. I play a Norn warrior and I use none of my racials because they suck.

One – Piken Square

in Warrior

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

yes, charr is better.

in Warrior

Posted by: Serp.3264

Serp.3264

The difference is very minimal. In my opinion, it isn’t worth the time but that is entirely up to you. If you think you would have fun doing it, then go ahead. If you would view it as work, don’t bother.

S3rP
Leader of Eastern Wind [EW]
Yak’s Bend Server

in Warrior

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

I would wait. I can’t imaging Anet would skip the opportunity to make money off of a race change token in the item shop.

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

in Warrior

Posted by: Panzen.4625

Panzen.4625

Battle Roar is no shout, so you’d be running 2 shouts + battle roar, reducing the number of healing abilities.
imo, from reading up on them, I’d say all racials except norn are pretty much ok (varies by class, of course). The Norn ones suck, though.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ksielvin.1587

Ksielvin.1587

You should because charr are awesome.

However the racials don’t really matter.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonny.6013

Jonny.6013

I am already level 80 with a full set of 42k armor.

That, to me, would prevent character deletion for any reason. I’d rather buy another character slot.

in Warrior

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

Roll a second one, what I did. One to tank spank with, the other to torch the battlefield with LB. Enjoyed both play styles but to make Either work spectacularly you had to cut deep into both. So yeah, made a second.

Also have a second Engi as well.

Helps if there are some classes you have no intention of playing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Strife.4956

Strife.4956

Charr are boss, but the racials are very average haha i wouldnt re roll for that alone

GrimmWullf – 80 Warrior, DU
Arkktos – 80 Thief, DU
Down Under Guild – Stormbluff Isle

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Sometimes they come in handy for WvW (since they work there)

Me and 2 friends tend to roam in WvW, I am an Asura warrior, and the other 2 are Norn Ranger and Charr Guardian.

Hammer warrior with Defense Golem + Ranger & pet + Guardian with Warband support + norn bear form…we can troll the hell out of small groups

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Charr warrior is best warrior! Do it!

Humans are so puny and weak. I don’t know why any one would willingly want to look like a half naked weasel.

Stuff goes here.

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I would wait. I can’t imaging Anet would skip the opportunity to make money off of a race change token in the item shop.

Anet has specifically said they will never offer a race change option. It would mess up personal story lines, just for starters.

Besides that, For Great Justice seems better than battle roar. Battle roar just has a little bigger range.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lohengrin.8573

Lohengrin.8573

Norn and Charr are the best race, not just for elite, but just cuz they re big and scary!

[OSC] Lohengrin Fenrir – Norn Warrior
Seafarer’s Rest

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Norn look awesome, but whenever i do a jump puzzle as my norn warrior i want to scream. My camera goes insane in places where an asura or human probably wouldn’t even notice.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in Warrior

Posted by: Me Kill You.9035

Me Kill You.9035

As a person with a charr main warrior who I really love, I can tell you that, unless you have a look/build in mind you REALLY want and an’t do as a human, don’t do it.

Charr is awesome and I love their battle animations and (a lot of) the armors for heavy at least, but imho it’s not worth rerolling just for the racial skills.

Roll a charr guardian so you can get the look but play a new type of character maybe? Just my 2 cents gl

Jade Quarry [TPA]

in Warrior

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

I love my Charr, really do, all 5 of them.
But i don’t see why you’d wanto delete your current one, i think you’d just regret it when you do, burn out and stop playing the game.
Have you already maxed out yourslots? You get 3 more for 800 gems iirc, or 1200 tops so it’s not gonna cost you much, would be worth it for me to satisfy my curiosity without burning any bridges anyway.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonny.6013

Jonny.6013

Have you already maxed out yourslots? You get 3 more for 800 gems iirc, or 1200 tops so it’s not gonna cost you much

It was 800 gems each when I bought mine – are they available for the same price in packs of three now? ’cos that would be a very good deal.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

Have you already maxed out yourslots? You get 3 more for 800 gems iirc, or 1200 tops so it’s not gonna cost you much

It was 800 gems each when I bought mine – are they available for the same price in packs of three now? ’cos that would be a very good deal.

iirc = “if i remember correctly”

Jonny is stating he doesn’t remember extra slot is 800 gems or 1200

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Nope just keep the human warrior and make something else with the charr.

If you really want to do it then do it. You can always make 2 warriors, but with only 5 character slots I wouldn’t recommend it.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

Charr get rocket launchers in their elite slots.