Should I use rifle or longbow?

in Warrior

Posted by: AncientManuel.5384

AncientManuel.5384

Im zerker warrior and I usually use rifle. Is long bow good?

Freja Kardottir – Female Norn – Ranger – level 80
Macelt – Female Sylvari – Warrior – level 80

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

What do you want to be able to do? One shot people? Rifle. Be effective on a point or a threat to more than one person? Longbow.

If you don’t care much about what’s optimal, go with what you like best.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Rifle probably fits best as a wvw build where you gank people on the sides of zergs. Longbow had other uses, like spvp point control, a ranged option for condi builds, etc, like choppy mentioned.

What kind of content you like to do will determine what weapons work well with that idea, or what weapons you want to use will determine which playstyles will best fit.

Fishsticks

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Love me some zerker kshot warrior. What offhands do you use? I like sw/wh for to stay fully mobile

I find GS more helpful in WvW when disengaging from zergs thanks to the whirling blades evade. Life saver when a pick team singles you out and spams their CC’s.

in Warrior

Posted by: AncientManuel.5384

AncientManuel.5384

I play pve not pvp or wvw,

Freja Kardottir – Female Norn – Ranger – level 80
Macelt – Female Sylvari – Warrior – level 80

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

GS Longbow or GS RIfle. GS Rifle needs more skilled play than gs/lb but more effective in 1v1.

If you are WvW user, you can run ShoutZerker utilizing GS/Rifle.
Check the build “Great King” at http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile

Best Regards,
The Korean Gamer

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in Warrior

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

For PvE, I recommend Longbow over Rifle. The Longbow features more AoE (good for tagging more mobs for drops) and more utility. For example, fire fields are good for might stacking and to get burning on projectiles which makes the LB burst attack very handy in group content.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

in Warrior

Posted by: aceboogie.4031

aceboogie.4031

Niether is better than the other in a whole, it comes down to circumstances. For mai Trin rifle for the knock back and burst. Traited rifle is great if you can use #3 and F1 in a line of targets. For Teq ill use LB sometimes for fire fields and traited burn condi.

IMO i find rifle more useful for pve unless you need fire fields. just swap weapons from your bag depending on the next engagement. don’t limit yourself to either one.

in Warrior

Posted by: MiloIsMilo.1586

MiloIsMilo.1586

For AOE I like bow better personally, but they both work well. Using the bow burst into a crowd of other tanks can prove useful, and if their are guardians traited for extra damage against burning foes then it can actually be useful to them. It also produces fire shield (aura) which is somewhat useful, but not a whole lot imo.
Rifle has the a bit better one on one punch for the buck, and the critical damage is better. So meh, it’s a toss up.
Use what is best for the application.

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

depends on the your enemy class though, but for spvp where you should stick to the point, longbow works bbetter

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in Warrior

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

But as a Warrior ranged weapon is a must have, right? You can’t go with two melee weapons? Both, PvP and pve ….

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Would you accept “neither” as an answer?

in Warrior

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

One could argue if he isn’t doing content that requires him substantial dps he could take both rifle and longbow.

in Warrior

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Usually you don’t need ranged in PvE. There are a few exceptions though. Just use GS and Axe/Mace for dungeons and Axe/Axe in open world zergs to tag along.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

You can go full melee in pve

I just carry both a rifle and lb on me for some fights that do require range, If it’s something single target that can be crit I’ll use rifle, something that can’t be crit I use lb

in Warrior

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

as a power spec, i’ve come to enjoy both. LB probably works better on stationary targets(or fired into an enemy zerg in wvw), as the arcing arrow is very slow -but- hits hard when it crits (halved an ele’s hp with it last night), but rifle can certainly one shot things that aren’t paying attention.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)

in Warrior

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Would you accept “neither” as an answer?

lol didn’t you see nike’s condi build vs zerker abom? Them burns.

But seriously op, you shouldn’t take a ranged weapon in pve as a warrior. However, if you INSIST on doing it (and I recommend you don’t), I think rifle is the better of two bad choices. The vulnerability will help your team more.

But again, its much better to learn how to use only melee weapons.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

You all say that Rifle is stronger single target dmg … In my case that’s not true. LB autoatack (with burning trait) is like twice stronger than Rifle autoatack. F1 is the only strong Rifle dmg.
Btw in PvP i can’t stand without ranged weapon, while in pve i try to avoid it as much as i can.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

That burst is key though. It’s so much delivered at once (along with volley) that it can put someone down immediately. Like a mesmer or thief who just popped out of stealth. For that reason, I’d say it’s the better choice against a single target (but I wouldn’t camp on the weapon).

I’m not sure which comes out on top in terms of overall dps against a single target.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

thrag.9740

You all say that Rifle is stronger single target dmg … In my case that’s not true. LB autoatack (with burning trait) is like twice stronger than Rifle autoatack. F1 is the only strong Rifle dmg.
Btw in PvP i can’t stand without ranged weapon, while in pve i try to avoid it as much as i can.

traited longbow vs untraited rifle? Not exactly a fair comparison. Also, rifle could be better in groups because of its piercing bullets. Just requires good positioning.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

There is something supremely satisfying about hitting backline for 17k when they think a block is going to save them.

But even not taking about WvW, there’s more to pve than just dungeons or fractals. Use whatever is the most fun in any given situation. For some it will be optimal builds and the optimal playstyle to go with it. For others, it will be very non-optimal. Once you figure out how you like to play, many people on the forums can help with questions on how to make the most of that style.

Fishsticks

in Warrior

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Rifle #3 is pretty strong as well, no?

All that said, my super adventure box sawed-off shotgun is too cool to take a silly bow!

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Warrior

thrag.9740

ehh, be careful. Rifle 3 is a channeled skill. It can be deceptive. Each time the number flashes on the screen, your not hitting that much, its equal to the cumulative sum of all your hits so far.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

ehh, be careful. Rifle 3 is a channeled skill. It can be deceptive. Each time the number flashes on the screen, your not hitting that much, its equal to the cumulative sum of all your hits so far.

This is true but if we’re talking about whether or not it’s worth using at all, it’s a DPS increase over just autoattacking is.

in Warrior

thrag.9740

This is true but if we’re talking about whether or not it’s worth using at all, it’s a DPS increase over just autoattacking is.

Yes, absolutely. It is definitely a dps increase, I just don’t want players to be tricked. But yeah, it is strong. Especially good for procing things with no internal cool down (fried dumplings, rending strikes, etc).