Should warriors have good regen ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Shotty.1902

Shotty.1902

I have noticed with my warrior that i am always in need of some regen, especially if i am zerker. Does anyone think the same as me ?

Shottyzzz – Warrior – [Fin] – HoD

in Warrior

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

What content are you playing in? Warriors can get very good passive healing in open world PvE with healing signet to the point where they can ignore bleeds and burns and just dps through mobs. You could increase passive healing but it still wouldn’t be enough for Dungeons/PvP and it would break PvE.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shotty.1902

Shotty.1902

I am mainly talking about WvW/sPvP.

Shottyzzz – Warrior – [Fin] – HoD

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I have noticed with my warrior that i am always in need of some regen, especially if i am zerker. Does anyone think the same as me ?

Even in full soldiers we have poor regeneration/sustain. We are basicly walking health bars.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

You are aware that on any other class, using zerker is called glass cannon, right? It’s because, if any other class rolls zerker gear, they die when we sneeze.

And you want regen. Sigh.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

You are aware that on any other class, using zerker is called glass cannon, right? It’s because, if any other class rolls zerker gear, they die when we sneeze.

And you want regen. Sigh.

Regen sucks with Zerkers, you can’t stay in the fight without toughness.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

Well, all other classess have access to regen in ways that fit their class, so why wouldn’t it make sense for warriors to be able to access regen for performing actions consistent with the design of the class? Regen from using bursts or from being affected with movement-impairing conditions seems to be in line with eles getting regen from flipping attunements or thieves getting stealth.

Regen for warriors wouldn’t be game breaking, it would just help level the playing field and make it so there aren’t such hard counters to warriors.

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Well, all other classess have access to regen in ways that fit their class, so why wouldn’t it make sense for warriors to be able to access regen for performing actions consistent with the design of the class? Regen from using bursts or from being affected with movement-impairing conditions seems to be in line with eles getting regen from flipping attunements or thieves getting stealth.

Regen for warriors wouldn’t be game breaking, it would just help level the playing field and make it so there aren’t such hard counters to warriors.

You should heal by gaining adrenaline.

in Warrior

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Adrenal health trait (defense 15) : gain health based on adrenaline level. There are build options to walk around with a full adrenaline bar.

in Warrior

Posted by: wllalele.9427

wllalele.9427

There are 2 soldier classes. Guardian has lots of protection, blocks etc. And what we have? High health pool… I don’t wanna be as tanky as guardian is, but c’mon, warrior in gw2 is like thief without stealth. We should have lots of regeneration and be in some way immune to cc because we are soldier class! We are supposed to be in the frontline!

in Warrior

Posted by: Elite.4792

Elite.4792

healing signet (~220hp)
adrenal health (~360hp)
mango pie (70vit 80hp regen)
shout healing, u can have easy ~2k heal from shouts and dont use any clearic gear (just tanks weapons : power
tog(vit)90healing x2 , place in one sigil of life, in shield sigil of leaching(975hp after swap), +300healing from traits (if you use shout heal build) and u will have +730healing

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

healing signet (~220hp)
adrenal health (~360hp)
mango pie (70vit 80hp regen)
shout healing, u can have easy ~2k heal from shouts and dont use any clearic gear (just tanks weapons : power
tog(vit)90healing x2 , place in one sigil of life, in shield sigil of leaching(975hp after swap), +300healing from traits (if you use shout heal build) and u will have +730healing

Adrenal Health is only 120 hps.
Mango Pie is 80hps, but everyone can use it.
Healing Signet is 200 hps.
Shout is only 1,192 healing without hp.
Superior Sigil of Leeching at its peak is only about 40 hps, and you have to switch between weapons to make it work making yourself worse. Also everyone can use it.

in Warrior

Elite.4792

shout heal me around 1600-1700 whith stat on pic, if i swap on axe+shield (+180heal) shout heal 1865

Attachments:

in Warrior

stale.9785

I see, you want to roll berserker gear, but heal like a bunker. Gotcha.

No.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

shout heal me around 1600-1700 whith stat on pic, if i swap on axe+shield (+180heal) shout heal 1865

But you give up a lot of damage for that healing.

in Warrior

stale.9785

There are 2 soldier classes. Guardian has lots of protection, blocks etc. And what we have? High health pool… I don’t wanna be as tanky as guardian is, but c’mon, warrior in gw2 is like thief without stealth. We should have lots of regeneration and be in some way immune to cc because we are soldier class! We are supposed to be in the frontline!

Thief without stealth? Second best burst damage in game, absolute best HP and sustained damage, best ranged damage, and you’re complaining? The only valid complaint would be the lack of gap closers, and I only include that because Rush still seems to be broken. Ranged KD, cripple, and mobile whirling blades of death aren’t enough, it seems.

Lore wise, the warriors are the one’s who don’t trust magic or mysticism, so losing regen there makes sense. We can trait to deal with CC (or use warhorn offhand…).

We’re the ideal frontline members. Guardians are our companions. They get by with barely 2/3 our HP, but make up for it through their class mechanic (boons, boons out the wazoo). The boons help you, as well, unless you’re trying to Leeroy your way into a zerg.

I sometimes think that the bulk of the forums won’t be happy till each class gets a “Press this button to win game” skill.

in Warrior

Elite.4792

Daecollo.9578:
topic starter talking about wvw,
spec and gear i use suffices to kill most of class and spec 1vs1, of couse not all.. and can u feel very good in zergs

also in this gear lyssa runes, so i have aegis, protect, stability, retalation.. vigor and all another boons, also its clear all debufs, and heal can buf protect or retalation(some kind of random here) for 10sec more

(edited by Elite.4792)

in Warrior

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Uhhh…yeah. You can’t have everything at once.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

And its really not worth giving up for it. :/

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Tell that to guardians, they must not have gotten the memo

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Guardians don’t really sacrifice damage for healing.

in Warrior

Assassin X.8573

Guardians don’t really sacrifice damage for healing.

I know. I just said that.

Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Wolverine runs full zerk and has crazy regen. VALID COMBO.

in Warrior

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Warriors need more sustain, being with healing or boons. Serious, is like some popular cheese builds are not even kittening trying! You dish your whole 100b combo perfectly and the kitteners will probably survive and heal all the way back. It’s just absurd how forgiving they are. Meanwhile the warrior is easily shut down and killed, and you don’t need to be full glass cannon to that happen. Seriously, this kitten kitten es me off.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

And its really not worth giving up for it. :/

I think that’s the actual point. Our base heals aren’t high enough, and heal scaling not strong enough to justify extra healing power. Your’e right for what you are getting you give up quite bit of DPS not proportional to the survivability ganined. That being said I play healing shouts myself. /shrug

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Warrior

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well, actually it’s the same for all classes.
You want sustain? give up damage for a lil bit of healing power
You want damage? give up some survivability.

Warrior are beast when it come to dodge, due to large access to vigor (Traits : Arms VI, Discipline VIII. Warhorn skill 5) and good way to resplenish endurance (15pt trait in Strength. Signet of stamina). Warriors are good when it come to block to (Just look at mace skill and shield).
You think you ain’t enough sustain? You got no less than any other classe. Healing signet regeneration squale with healing power (Base healing is the same as any other passive regen), the same for Adrenal health. Ya think it’s not enough? Pop tactic banner and hit 2.

All classes trad dps for sustain.

PS.: I’m not exhaustive here. Warrior have a lot more way to survive than just these.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

vigor is only good on classes with tons of passive condition removal

in Warrior

Posted by: wllalele.9427

wllalele.9427

[…]
I sometimes think that the bulk of the forums won’t be happy till each class gets a “Press this button to win game” skill.

Huh, sounds good only on paper, you know? Go and play tournies, not hotjoins so you will understand me.

Second best burst damage in game? This is our “viablest” role, still thieves outclasses us.
High health pool? It’s nothing without protection boons etc. You just take few more hits and you’re dead.
Absolute best ranged damage? Oh yeah, decent player will just dodge your rifle’s F1 and that’s it. Longbow is okay, but it shines in big group pvp where your class doesn’t matter.

Okay, we don’t trust magic(and that’s why i’m playing warrior) but there is simple solution – enrage mechanics.
Ideal frontline members?
1st frontline squad: 2x Guardian 2x D/D Ele
2nd frontline squad: 2x Guardian 2x Warrior
We all know which frontline is better.

I dont need kitten “press to win” button. You’re saying this like everything is balanced in this game. When i play warrior, i’d like to feel that i’m playing warrior, not glass cannon with heavy armor skin.(This is our “best” role so far, and ele’s best role is roaming tank, this is ridiculous by the way).

in Warrior

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

I’d rather have more ways to gain protection. Like trade spiked armor from retal to prot and that would be awesome.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Amasius.9014

Amasius.9014

Adrenal Health is based on your adrenaline level. At level 1 its 120, level 2 about 240 and level 3 360. Doesn’t scale with healing power.

Pishy – Warrior
[FeaR] The First Impact – Riverside

in Warrior

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

Adrenal Health is based on your adrenaline level. At level 1 its 120, level 2 about 240 and level 3 360. Doesn’t scale with healing power.

360 every 3sec = 120 hps (=> Health Per Second)

in Warrior

Assassin X.8573

Well, actually it’s the same for all classes.
You want sustain? give up damage for a lil bit of healing power
You want damage? give up some survivability.

Warrior are beast when it come to dodge, due to large access to vigor (Traits : Arms VI, Discipline VIII. Warhorn skill 5) and good way to resplenish endurance (15pt trait in Strength. Signet of stamina). Warriors are good when it come to block to (Just look at mace skill and shield).
You think you ain’t enough sustain? You got no less than any other classe. Healing signet regeneration squale with healing power (Base healing is the same as any other passive regen), the same for Adrenal health. Ya think it’s not enough? Pop tactic banner and hit 2.

All classes trad dps for sustain.

PS.: I’m not exhaustive here. Warrior have a lot more way to survive than just these.

again, guardians do not need to give up damage for sustainability and/or healing.

and what you are saying here is speccing your traits FULLY into one line that gives you no damage and kitten heals, or "meh"endurence regen and again kitten damage.

Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

have to remember guardians have a tiny health pool, and even if we spec full tank on our warriors we are still doing more dps than a guardian

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

have to remember guardians have a tiny health pool, and even if we spec full tank on our warriors we are still doing more dps than a guardian

And even if a guardian specs glass canon can still mitigate more damage and heal more than a warrior.

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

in Warrior

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I agree warriors need help with sustain, I just don’t see the point of making warriors the same as guardians

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior