Shout "I will avenge you" ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Debi Scott.6820

Debi Scott.6820

Q:

Some one can explain me why the warrior skill “I will avenge you” has disappeared of the game and if we can see its back ?

This shout allowed a second healling skill for the warrior without spending trait points in Vitality.

in Warrior

Posted by: GryphonStalker.1379

GryphonStalker.1379

A:

Sadly it was replaced with “On my Mark”.
http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/recent-notable-warrior-changes/

in Warrior

Posted by: That Other Guy.7351

That Other Guy.7351

Why would that be a problem? All of the other professions have utility skills that heal with the exception of the Mesmer. Also the warrior is one of only 3 professions that doesn’t have a utility skill that revives.

The only explanation I can come up with is that they wanted to have battle standard revive fallen allies and decided it would be OP for a warrior to have both. Personally I’d rather have “I will avenge you” back and remove the effect from battle standard. Then I wouldn’t be obligated to have battle standard as my elite skill and wouldn’t be forced to wait for players to need revived before placing it when I do have it.

(edited by That Other Guy.7351)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kinto.9485

Kinto.9485

Why would that be a problem? All of the other professions have utility skills that heal with the exception of the Mesmer. Also the warrior is one of only 3 professions that doesn’t have a utility skill that revives.

The only explanation I can come up with is that they wanted to have battle standard revive fallen allies and decided it would be OP for a warrior to have both. Personally I’d rather have “I will avenge you” back and remove the effect from battle standard. Then I wouldn’t be obligated to have battle standard as my elite skill and wouldn’t be forced to wait for players to need revived before placing it when I do have it.

I kinda feel the same way. I almost always wait for my party mates to be downed in a dungeon before I even have to use my battle standard =(.

Dungeon Tutorials and more on This YouTube Channel

in Warrior

Posted by: Debi Scott.6820

Debi Scott.6820

Of course, combined with a battle standard it was OP, but boons offered IWAY were realy good for some build support without 30 in Vitality.

in Warrior

That Other Guy.7351

Quoted from the link: As a reminder, “I Will Avenge You” was supposed to revive nearby allies when you kill someone, which is a mechanic the game already uses, making this shout useless.

I can see why they did it, but I should point out that allies only get rallied from an enemy dying (not revived from defeated state) and only if they damaged the enemy in question. I have to admit it was probably a good decision, but perhaps make banners rally allies when summoned or make one of the signets revive an ally to compensate?

(edited by Moderator)

in Warrior

Posted by: nukularpower.2106

nukularpower.2106

I think IWAY should come back in some form. Just because saying IWAY OR THE HIGHWAY was one of my favorite things in GW1!

in Warrior

Posted by: Dallas.2536

Dallas.2536

they said they were redesigning it

part of the description rallied nearby allies if you killed something while it was active. which made no sense as this action would rally nearby allies regardless of if you used IWAY or not, so basically for a longkitten cooldown it did very little.

edit: already pointed out was this

Lysander – Anvil Rock

in Warrior

Posted by: Jesus.9142

Jesus.9142

I miss Iway Dat dere r/w iway stomp.

in Warrior

Posted by: knyy.8276

knyy.8276

“i will avenge you!” was very(!!) OP. if you killed someone with this buff all allies which were dead (not downed) rallied.
Imagine WvW, your zerg is dead and you manage to kill someone with “i will avenge you” and instant all your allies are alive…just OP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Balkito.8160

Balkito.8160

“i will avenge you!” was very(!!) OP. if you killed someone with this buff all allies which were dead (not downed) rallied.
Imagine WvW, your zerg is dead and you manage to kill someone with “i will avenge you” and instant all your allies are alive…just OP.

SOUNDS PRETTY AWESOME TO ME, GUISE!

But on a serious note, I was sad to see it go, but On My Mark is a very useful shout to have replaced it, even if it doesn’t sound as kitten.

#RookstarWasRobbed

in Warrior

That Other Guy.7351

They would ofc have to limit the maximum number of targets it could affect (3 maybe?) and they would come back with only partial health.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Or just make it an Elite

>:D