Signets outshine banners... again

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

so banners were useful because the buff they gave was actually bigger than non clunky signets, but now we are back to where we started. What gives? buff the banners more If you want every class to get better signets

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

The utility, practicality and overall concept of banners in general needs to be reworked and revisited so that they can actually be viable in any sort of setting.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Um… so I take it you’re not buffing any allies with your banners? Because their bonuses are probably more meaningful on 2, 3, 4, or 5 people than the very slightly higher stats you get from a signet. And disc banner is still better than signet of fury unless you’re only using that for an adrenaline button. 170 prec and 15% crit damage, with castable fury and swiftness, plus blast finisher is generally > . . . . . . 180 prec, with on-activation adrenaline that removes your 180 prec.

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

banners and signets are so bad on this class. you could probably get rid of the banner skills and triple the stats at this point.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Banner are good..they r just stricple pve, and unlike signets they give stats up to 5 ppl. Signet are more for solo play. The olny thing that banners miss is carry them on back

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

they are pretty bad even for pve. you get more from the class when you run an even more selfish utility setup than banners.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I don’t think they’re that bad when Strife is using them on his Arah clears.

There’s no possible way you would get more. Which is more effective?180 power to your self or 170 power and condition damage to up to 5 people? Even if only 2 people are effected by the Banner it’s still more effective. The only time one wouldn’t want to use Banners is in highly mobile fights like the final bosses in Molten Facility.

In the open world you shouldn’t run more than 1 Banner though because it would be hard to carry both around but 1 is pretty easy

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

Why do you think they buffed signets and banners in the 1st place because it’s a non change. Warriors are already strong in pve before why make them better with stat boosts because it gives the appearance of them doing something to improve the warrior when it actually doesn’t effect it at all in the long run.

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

my gardan signet gives me 180 power, i dont need your banner. just bring signet and its way easier, and 100 precent active, no cast time, no carrying, no trying to kite inside the banners magic invisible range to keep buffs up etc.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

In dungeons: banners > signets

Hopefully you guys are talking about something else or I seriously want that stuff you are smoking.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

One use for banners is to carry just one and use it as a replacement for sword/warhorn so you can run alternative builds in wvw, like Rifle/Greatsword, Longbow/Axe+Axe, ect.

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

my gardan signet gives me 180 power, i dont need your banner. just bring signet and its way easier, and 100 precent active, no cast time, no carrying, no trying to kite inside the banners magic invisible range to keep buffs up etc.

Traited banners have a cooldown something like 1-2 seconds longer than their lifespan and much greater range (1200 I think). The time spent picking one up to move around is easily made up for by it granting swiftness and having a rush skill.

Of course you can ignore them if you want, but a warrior and guardian using a signet each would have a total 360 extra power, while a guardian with a signet and warrior with strength banner have a total 520 extra power. Or in a dungeon group, maybe you’ll have 5 people each getting their signet’s 180 for a total 900 power, as compared to 4 with signet and 1 with banner, getting 1570 overall.

However, being the guy with the banner you’d have 10 less power than you’d get with a signet. Tough call…

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

PvE lol Just run FGJ OYM and frenzy/endure pain/balanced stance or the crap signets for pve. Banners suck no one picks that garbage up you already have 2 weaponsets no reason to add a third with terrible skills. You really think that stat increase to the team is noticeable hardly lol

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

You really think that stat increase to the team is noticeable…

Yes.

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

It’s not the reason you take banners but ok

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

It’s not the reason you take banners but ok

There’s no single reason I take banners (thankfully, as that would be boring), but the fact that with one slot I can buff five people almost as effectively (or more in disc banner’s case) as I can buff myself isn’t exactly discouraging.

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

uhhh you don’t take banners for the static stat buff. You take 1 utility banner and the battle standard and when you reach a pve mob that takes more than 15 seconds to kill. You drop the longbow burst fire field and drop all the banners and the longbow 3 skill as fast as you can. You don’t even pick up the banner to blast because it puts your weapon switch on cooldown. But since most warriors don’t even run longbow as their secondary running banners for the static stat boost is pointless. 100blades bro duuurrrr.

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

uhhh you don’t take banners for the static stat buff. You take 1 utility banner and the battle standard and when you reach a pve mob that takes more than 15 seconds to kill. You drop the longbow burst fire field and drop all the banners and the longbow 3 skill as fast as you can. You don’t even pick up the banner to blast because it puts your weapon switch on cooldown. But since most warriors don’t even run longbow as their secondary running banners for the static stat boost is pointless. 100blades bro duuurrrr.

Or… not.

in Warrior

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

banner of disc is one of the best warr utilities in dungeons (along with FGJ)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Warrior

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

With 2000 power, 55% critchanche and 100% crit damage (without buffs/utilitys):

• signet of might + signet of fury + fgj + trait: 40 prec per signet grants 20% more damage for yourself.
  • banner of discipline and strenght + fgj + trait: cooldown reduction for banners grants 24% more damage for your entire team (including yourself).

Oh, but you need to pick them up after every fight. And maybe push one button for permanent swiftness for your entire party.

(edited by Molch.2078)

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

haste?

in Warrior

Molch.2078

haste?

Sorry, swiftness.

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

ohh swiftness well it’s not perma unless you run boon duration

in Warrior

Molch.2078

ohh swiftness well it’s not perma unless you run boon duration

With 2 banners it is – and btw, swiftness was not the point of this post…

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

uhhh you know that once you use a banner skill on one banner it goes on cooldown for the others as well right? Or are you saying 2 ppl carrying both banners?

in Warrior

Molch.2078

Of course i assume that the rest of my team is not 100% brainafk and someone picks up the second banner. But you know what? You won. Banners won’t grant you swiftness at all.

Please stop trying to change the subject and refer now to the point, that banners are better even if you solo the dungeon…

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

What dungeons do you solo?

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

AC Story, CM Story, CM P2, CM P3, TA Story, TA F/F, SE Story, SE P1, SE P3, CoF Story, CoF P1 (partial), CoF P3 (partial), HotW P1, CoE P2 (partial), Arah Story (partial), Arah P1 (partial), Arah P2, Arah P3 (partial), Arah P4 (start), Fractals Tier 2: Aquatic Ruins, Cliffside, Solid Ocean, Snowblind, Swampland (bosses), Uncategorized (start), Underground Facility (partial), Urban Battleground and also Molten Facility.

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Has anyone ever been the only warrior in a group and gone “Banner Man”?Meaning your 4 Utilities are ALL Banners, traited for regen.

So you start fight, drop Str, Disc, Tactics, and WarBan. Then go I AM BANNNNER MAN.

Reaction is priceless.

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

…well, I haven’t done that last part.

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

I use banners myself but I feel left out that Anet hyped banners getting a buff then they just turned around AND kittenING BUFFED SIGNETS! Banners are clunkier, need 2 traits to be useful to your team and quite frankly i want that extra 1500 hp and 1 condition removal every 24 seconds from on my mark. I rolled banners before because it was better for my team, now its just starting to seem like a minor MINOR improvement when everyone already has their own personal banner buff.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Weth, when you found out what stuff theese people are smoking, please tell me.
I want it, too.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Warrior

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

@@@@albundy@killahmayne@epic
Until you infidel signet warriors get a clue and wake up to the real abilities, y’all best stop hating the banner, you’re likely mad it outshines your casual-scrub-tier passives.
Babbies first MMO in here

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednaxela.9476

Rednaxela.9476

The utility, practicality and overall concept of banners in general needs to be reworked and revisited so that they can actually be viable in any sort of setting.

LMAO oh man, you must not do much PvE.

Almost every PvE boss/mob instance where stacking is preferable, banners are FTW. Skill #2 on Tactics is a great regen for the team, and what signet of what class gives +15% critical damage? hmm?

4 banners = +160 to all stats, +10% boon duration and +15% critical damage to everyone.

Not even mentioning that the new warrior signets are pretty crappy.

Nietzschens – 80 Warr / Siri Golightly – 80 Ele / Siri Rhaegar – 80 Guardian
[SOL] Sanctum of Legends; ‘The Forgotten’ ~Eredon 4 Life~

in Warrior

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

100-blades is only useful in PvE. I honestly 100% wish Anet would get rid of it and replace it with a skill that serves more purpose that giving an “iwin” button to Warriors exclusive for PvE.

I love Greatswords, and want to continue using one on my Warrior, but 100-blades is so kitten boring…

in Warrior

Posted by: garkos.2973

garkos.2973

Banners are the way to go
i play my warrior with longbow and 4 banners
4 banners = +160 to all stats, +10% boon duration and +15% critical damage to everyone
and fir firefield from longbow and then placing the banners in it you can stack at least 12 might for 20 second if you have enough tie you can even shoot the explosion with the bow and get 15 stacks
and then there is the infinite regen for the whole team
banner warrior ftw

also hundred blades isn t bad for pvp you just don t have to spam it use it at the right situation ;P

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

good lord lol 4 banners huh?

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

Why are there people saying it adds 160? Unless it was nerfed recently at 80 you should get +170 to the banner’s respective stat(s) besides disc’s 15% crit dmg.

in Warrior

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Banners buffs aren’t the problem, most people just don’t like carrying something extra. I can see why. Though honestly, I think far more people would use it if they had the same buffs, but were an aura you popped and your warrior was the focal point of the buff as a banner might be.

Must people are just too into their own weapons to pick up a crappy looking banner… I wish they all looked like a Warbanner

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

I’d settle for the ability to yank it back over to my location (and out of the hands of the randoms who run off with it in open-world areas).

in Warrior

PistolWhip.2697

That is a real pain I’ll admit. I swear some people do it just to troll.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

I’m not sure most even know how it works tbh, but I don’t feel like hunting them down to explain it every time. They probably expect it’s like the spare weapon elementalists leave all over the ground.

It’d also help in cases where you’ve got >5 people for an event, and a few of the same banner around. Once everybody finishes attempting to loot them, it can be hard to tell which one came from where. If someone runs off with my banner instead of theirs, one of us is going to get extra downtime when the banner expires too soon to be replaced with our own.

in Warrior

PistolWhip.2697

Lol, you mean a banner….

Identity crisis?

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

Yes. I don’t know how or why it wasn’t seen coming when they were designed, but yes.

in Warrior

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

Signets are for personal use.

Banners are for Team use.

If a Signet offers 180 Power to the Warrior, but the Banner offers 170 Power to each player, what one do you honestly think is better in a team situation? If you say Signet, you are an awful player who needs to stick to solo PvE content only.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

The signet, because your team left the banner behind chasing a thief. ;p