Skull Crack...

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

Been playing a bit with mace/shield+hammer lately, given our survivability/mobility buffs I find gap closers slightly less important as we can actually take some damage on our way there. I don’t think mainhand mace is necessarily overpowered in as far as what it does… I do think it is a little too strong in its current state however.

The reason being is not the cast time, or the duration of the stun, but the fact that it looks like an auto attack. I can very easily stunlock people who try to melee me not because they couldn’t dodge a 1/2s skill, but because… well, there’s no way to tell that that’s what I’m casting.

The Point
Skullcrack should have a unique animation. No, I’m not talking about a five minute final thrust type animation, but something that signifies it as different from just a regular auto attack, but with the same cast time (I would suggest an overhand strike borrowed from axe or sword). That is all.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Uhgh… no not another of this posts…

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Jonwar.9205

Most people are suggesting a nerf, which I think is the wrong approach as the ability is not overpowered and more than that adds something unique that the warrior can do that other classes can’t. All I’m suggesting is to give people the opportunity for fair counterplay.

Jangeol – WvW Warrior

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

there are times in which I hope no one from anets team reads all the “complaints” and starts to swing the n-e-r-f-Hammer

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

Most people are suggesting a nerf, which I think is the wrong approach as the ability is not overpowered and more than that adds something unique that the warrior can do that other classes can’t. All I’m suggesting is to give people the opportunity for fair counterplay.

The problem is that this have fair counterplay, skull crack has very short range and its very easy to avoid and just miss, OP would be if it where an AOE stun then we can talk about OP, but is not, sometimes you dont even hit the desired target and hit their stupid AI (minions or whatever kitten the other classes have that warrior dosent).

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

No good player would EVER get hit by Skull Crack if it had a more obvious animation. It is already easy to predict when it is coming, there doesn’t need to be an animation that makes it worthless.

Also, post in the other whine threads with the other 5 guys who are spamming our forums.

From your post history, it looks like you agree this build is easy to beat and said you regularly kill them with your LB build. This post seems like you are just caving in to the couple posters on this forum and trying to compromise with them. Sorry, but I will not cave to them personally.

The build is fine. You giving them what they want is like a police officer arresting someone for a crime they didn’t commit, the developers acting on it would be like convicting an innocent man and sending him to prison.

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Animation is lame easy to predict and the range isn’t anything special, can be reduced via armor runes and food. Negated by stability and stun breaks. Can simply kite the warrior and lol at him all along.

There Skull Crack is just another skill, now stop turning these forums into what they were in the days after release: “NERF HB/MAKE IT DUH GS BURST ABULITY/ kitten WARRIOR OP”

Just deal with it, is a skill like any other is meant to be useful not useless and more importantly is not something everyone is using or has no counters.

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

Delete this thread please. You are just giving the 5-6 bad players currently spamming our forums another place to spam.

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Jonwar.9205

At the moment there’s no dodging skullcrack unless you’re guessing. I’m also not whining about it, I run it in my build.

I wanted to bring up some constructive ideas on the skill, not just moan about it or defend it like an ele or ranger before they got nerfed.

I also didn’t say a more obvious animation, I said it needs an animation that isn’t identical to auto attack. At the moment this is cheesy, I don’t feel like I outplayed anyone by landing skull crack which I do probably 90% of the time I use the skill, and I don’t feel like anyone outplayed me when I don’t land it because their dodge/evade/whatever was just random.

skullcrack isn’t the only offender in a long list of skills that need an actual animation, but it’s the only warrior skill that does.

Jangeol – WvW Warrior

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

At the moment there’s no dodging skullcrack unless you’re guessing. I’m also not whining about it, I run it in my build.

I wanted to bring up some constructive ideas on the skill, not just moan about it or defend it like an ele or ranger before they got nerfed.

I also didn’t say a more obvious animation, I said it needs an animation that isn’t identical to auto attack. At the moment this is cheesy, I don’t feel like I outplayed anyone by landing skull crack which I do probably 90% of the time I use the skill, and I don’t feel like anyone outplayed me when I don’t land it because their dodge/evade/whatever was just random.

skullcrack isn’t the only offender in a long list of skills that need an actual animation, but it’s the only warrior skill that does.

You can predict when a warrior is about to use it, and know the keep range or use stability, or use an evade, or a dodge, and if you miss all of that and happen to get caught in the stun, you can use one of the many stunbreaks in the game. Some classes can even pop abilities while stunned to reduce or nullify the damage. The build is balanced, you even said so yourself. Stop trying to cave to the whines. They are wrong.

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I don’t think I ever saw anyone purposefully avoid skull crack when I was running mace. It’s one of the easiest abilities in the game to land. Subtle animation, extremely fast cast time. I really have to wonder who you guys are fighting where everyone predicts and dodges skullcrack all the time. But hey who knows, maybe you’re all top tier tpvpers.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

I don’t think I ever saw anyone purposefully avoid skull crack when I was running mace. It’s one of the easiest abilities in the game to land. Subtle animation, extremely fast cast time. I really have to wonder who you guys are fighting where everyone predicts and dodges skullcrack all the time. But hey who knows, maybe you’re all top tier tpvpers.

People do it all the time now that more warriors are running mace. When did you run it and what sets were you using?

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

Respect to OP for admitting this mace/shield war is alittle out of whack atm. Change is required.

I do agree that for a long stun ability we Should be able to see it coming rather than just having to guess when a war is going to use it, and an experienced war is not a predictable one.

(edited by Senjun.8149)

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

Respect to OP for admitting this mace/shield war is alittle out of whack atm. Change is required.

I do agree that for a long stun ability we Should be able to see it coming rather than just having to guess when a war is going to use it, and an experienced war is not a predictable one.

/rolls eyes

Only respect for warriors that agree with you or cave to the whines. He just said like 4-5 posts ago he doesn’t have any problem killing people using this build. lol

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

I like having victories handed to me I don’t even want you to be able to see the stun coming despite the low cooldown

Is all I see whenever you say anything.

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

I like having victories handed to me I don’t even want you to be able to see the stun coming despite the low cooldown

QQ Nerf warriors plz im getting my kitten worked out hard, at least give me some lub anet.

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

Is all I see whenever you say anything.

You really just aren’t even worth responding to at this point.

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Jonwar.9205

Trying to show restraint here, but your attitudes are toxic. Neither side is capable of seeing reason on this issue, which is ridiculous. I know it’s a lot to expect for you to behave like adults, but please, try.

Powerful abilities should be avoidable for a good player. The sad part is it’s not just skullcrack that’s an issue.

- Thief backstab isn’t avoidable, you can predict it and avoid it based on this, but you cannot react to it.

- Mesmer pistol 5 is incredibly powerful for the animation behind it, the only reason I avoid it is usually because of the sound.

- Necro marks all look the same, despite varying in power, leaving the only response to be spamming dodge and hoping you get lucky.

- Ele updraft is instant cast. Fortunately they all seem to want to cast it directly after RTL, making it pretty easy to avoid.

- Lastly skullcrack, has a cast time but has no difference in animation from skullcrack meaning you can’t go melee against a warrior unless you’re using other broken mechanics such as thief/ranger evade spam or blind spam.

Abilities to which the only response is to spam other broken abilities are just as bad as the other broken abilities.

Jangeol – WvW Warrior

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

As much as I think mechanics should have interesting counter-play, I don’t think adding 3/4th-1 second animations to everything is the answer.

You can see a mace+shield Warrior running at you, and you have a good idea he’s going to Skull Crack once he gets in range. You can:

1. Dodge the moment he gets in range, because it feels like 90% of people use their abilities the second they are in range (see: Earthshaker. It could have a .1 second cast time and it would still be easy to dodge for the most part, because of people).

2. Soak the stun and use a stun-breaker.

3. Use Stability to delay the CC several seconds (preferably after he uses Shield Block so he can’t delay as well while he can’t CC you).

4. Keep range and force his mobility out, which is either his utility (Bull’s Charge) or Shield Bash (300 range). If he has Bull’s Charge, odds are his condi cleanse is going to be trash unless he prefers Signet of Stam/Berserker’s Stance over Endure Pain (assuming he brings 1 Stability himself. If not, just destroy him and move on). Mobility in this case would probably be the alternate weapon set, at which point you should engage with severe prejudice until he switches back to try to save his life.

The game gets interesting when your opponent knows what his options are, and you know your opponent knows what his options are. Do you just blow Skull Crack once you get in range? Do you try to bait the dodge and hit him with Shield Bakitten the end of the roll?

It becomes an actual fight. Against players who don’t know what they’re doing, it isn’t going to be a fight anyway. If you do know, you just destroy them and move on. You can do this on any class, and if you have a build you’re practiced with and put together intelligently, you don’t need an apex build or any FotM trash.

Skull Crack is designed to be strong, single-target pressure that you can throw out quickly. The drawback, as people have mentioned, is that it’s single-target only, has a 130 range, and can be anticipated fairly easily.

Maybe Skull Crack could use something, but I don’t think the fact that you can just slam it on 90% of the PvPers you see means it could use work. I land Earthshaker much more often than not on people, partly because I build for it, and partly because people aren’t half the reaction-kings they claim they are.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

- Thief backstab isn’t avoidable, you can predict it and avoid it based on this, but you cannot react to it.

You might have a point there, except that isn’t even close to comparable to skull crack. If I run up to you and swing and you anticipate it and dodge, my cooldown is reset, which means my cooldown was doubled by one dodge. If a thief backstab gets dodged, he can keep spamming until stealth drops and probably still get one off. Even if he doesn’t he can just re-enter stealth and start spamming again if he really wants to.

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

What’s funny is at least on Asura the Skull Crack animation is already different from an auto attack. Auto attacks swing wider from the outside sweeping across the body. Skull Crack is a quicker swing of the mace that starts high and sort of centered, then it swings down quickly and slightly toward the outside.

The issue is Asuras and their tiny animations for everything.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

What’s funny is at least on Asura the Skull Crack animation is already different from an auto attack. Auto attacks swing wider from the outside sweeping across the body. Skull Crack is a quicker swing of the mace that starts high and sort of centered, then it swings down quickly and slightly toward the outside.

Well, that could be true. My warrior is human and medium sized on the height scale.

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Jonwar.9205

As much as I think mechanics should have interesting counter-play, I don’t think adding 3/4th-1 second animations to everything is the answer.

You can see a mace+shield Warrior running at you, and you have a good idea he’s going to Skull Crack once he gets in range. You can:

1. Dodge the moment he gets in range, because it feels like 90% of people use their abilities the second they are in range (see: Earthshaker. It could have a .1 second cast time and it would still be easy to dodge for the most part, because of people).

2. Soak the stun and use a stun-breaker.

3. Use Stability to delay the CC several seconds (preferably after he uses Shield Block so he can’t delay as well while he can’t CC you).

4. Keep range and force his mobility out, which is either his utility (Bull’s Charge) or Shield Bash (300 range). If he has Bull’s Charge, odds are his condi cleanse is going to be trash unless he prefers Signet of Stam/Berserker’s Stance over Endure Pain (assuming he brings 1 Stability himself. If not, just destroy him and move on). Mobility in this case would probably be the alternate weapon set, at which point you should engage with severe prejudice until he switches back to try to save his life.

The game gets interesting when your opponent knows what his options are, and you know your opponent knows what his options are. Do you just blow Skull Crack once you get in range? Do you try to bait the dodge and hit him with Shield Bakitten the end of the roll?

It becomes an actual fight. Against players who don’t know what they’re doing, it isn’t going to be a fight anyway. If you do know, you just destroy them and move on. You can do this on any class, and if you have a build you’re practiced with and put together intelligently, you don’t need an apex build or any FotM trash.

Skull Crack is designed to be strong, single-target pressure that you can throw out quickly. The drawback, as people have mentioned, is that it’s single-target only, has a 130 range, and can be anticipated fairly easily.

Maybe Skull Crack could use something, but I don’t think the fact that you can just slam it on 90% of the PvPers you see means it could use work. I land Earthshaker much more often than not on people, partly because I build for it, and partly because people aren’t half the reaction-kings they claim they are.

I am not looking for ways to beat it, I run it. I know what the counters are. I am NOT suggesting adding to the cast time. I AM suggesting that it needs a unique animation.

I’ve landed backbreaker on top 100 players without previous CC 1v1, people make mistakes. The difference is that they had the opportunity to dodge it and didn’t.

Velron

Asura are another issue that ANet seemingly just ignores because… well, they’re ANet.

Jangeol – WvW Warrior

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

I am not looking for ways to beat it, I run it. I know what the counters are. I am NOT suggesting adding to the cast time. I AM suggesting that it needs a unique animation.

I’ve landed backbreaker on top 100 players without previous CC 1v1, people make mistakes. The difference is that they had the opportunity to dodge it and didn’t.

There are a ton of abilities in this game that are extremely hard to dodge, almost every ability warrior has is ridiculously telegraphed and super easy to predict. Now that we have an ability you have to anticipate that is harder to see the animation (which in fact we have always had this ability, it is just more popular and lasts a bit longer now) you want to make it like backbreaker? An ability that is pretty laughable and extremely hard to land if they aren’t already under the effects of some other crowd control? Let me guess, you think we should have to sheath weapon to bait them into eventually falling for it? Pull a backbreaker and start the cast and pretend you are turning to run the other way then run back at them to land it? I am sorry, but I am sick of that kind of stuff. Other classes don’t have to do it, why should warrior?

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

Skull Crack is telegraphed as hell.

Mace Warrior is suddenly trying to hug your babby hero class, you know that he has full adren, what do you do !?

1. Dodge ?
2. Hold your finger over one of your 99 stun breaker/Invulnerability keys, fully anticipating to get stunned and counter it ?
3. Slowly WALK AWAY from the Warrior while unleashing hell with your superior ranged/knockback arsenal ?
4. Press one of your INSTANT HUGE DISTANCE CREATOR keys ?
5. Randomly use a low CD blinding condition on the Warrior ?
6. Stand still mashing 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 while sitting on full dodge meter, eat the stun and don’t use any stun breakers ? <———————-

I’m sorry, but anticipation doesn’t count to these people. It has to have a super huge red flag that says run away or dodge now for it to be fair, unless you are any other class besides warrior… then it is alright to not have neon telegraph signs.

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

So funny all the warriors trying to convince themselves that some of the changes weren’t over the top. I really feel for you guys – sucks to be on the bottom shelf for so long, but if the above is what you have duped yourself into believing then… lol?

I just hope anet doesn’t nerf you too hard. The zillions of M/S + GS warriors running around is proof enough it’s going to happen though. It makes me want to level my warrior and CC/DPS while regening all my health and running away whenever I like while I still can!

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

So funny all the warriors trying to convince themselves that some of the changes weren’t over the top. I really feel for you guys – sucks to be on the bottom shelf for so long, but if the above is what you have duped yourself into believing then… lol?

I just hope anet doesn’t nerf you too hard. The zillions of M/S + GS warriors running around is proof enough it’s going to happen though. It makes me want to level my warrior and CC/DPS while regening all my health and running away whenever I like while I still can!

The popularity of M/Sh has nothing to do with it being overpowered and everything to do with not having many viable choices left. This has been explained in other threads, you can go read it there.

What class are you again? Nevermind, just checked your post history. A Thief, really? A good thief is one of the strongest counters to this build, mesmer is the first for obvious reasons. I just find it so hilarious that the bad thieves come in here whining about this build. You are currently a top tier tPvP class and you are complaining about a class STILL on the bottom. You realize that right? It just makes you look silly.

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Mace Warrior is suddenly trying to hug your babby hero class, you know that he has full adren, what do you do !?

1. Dodge ?
2. Hold your finger over one of your 99 stun breaker/Invulnerability keys, fully anticipating to get stunned and counter it ?
3. Slowly WALK AWAY from the Warrior while unleashing hell with your superior ranged/knockback arsenal ?
4. Press one of your INSTANT HUGE DISTANCE CREATOR keys ?
5. Randomly use a low CD blinding condition on the Warrior ?
6. Stand still mashing 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 while sitting on full dodge meter, eat the stun and don’t use any stun breakers ? <———————-

Ironically, your post telling us how bad we are makes me think that of you if the level of opponent you think of is one who makes no effort to disguise/bluff his actions at all.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Sarrow.2785

The popularity of M/Sh has nothing to do with it being overpowered and everything to do with not having many viable choices left. This has been explained in other threads, you can go read it there. What class are you again?

The lion’s share of the warriors I have seen in pvp/wvw are either GS, Hammer, S/S, longbow. Suddenly, there are all these M/S + GS wars running around. I mean the difference is like night and day… And you’re telling me that everyone played those weaponsets in combo before? Pfft.

I play a thief, if that matters to you. S/D + P/P or S/B.

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Should play a humorous sound bite of an egg cracking

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Been playing a bit with mace/shield+hammer lately, given our survivability/mobility buffs I find gap closers slightly less important as we can actually take some damage on our way there. I don’t think mainhand mace is necessarily overpowered in as far as what it does… I do think it is a little too strong in its current state however.

The reason being is not the cast time, or the duration of the stun, but the fact that it looks like an auto attack. I can very easily stunlock people who try to melee me not because they couldn’t dodge a 1/2s skill, but because… well, there’s no way to tell that that’s what I’m casting.

The Point
Skullcrack should have a unique animation. No, I’m not talking about a five minute final thrust type animation, but something that signifies it as different from just a regular auto attack, but with the same cast time (I would suggest an overhand strike borrowed from axe or sword). That is all.

Sorry man but actually i think that every burst skill should be like skullcrack. No more 1 3/4, 3/4 casttimes. They are just silly

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

The popularity of M/Sh has nothing to do with it being overpowered and everything to do with not having many viable choices left. This has been explained in other threads, you can go read it there. What class are you again?

The lion’s share of the warriors I have seen in pvp/wvw are either GS, Hammer, S/S, longbow. Suddenly, there are all these M/S + GS wars running around. I mean the difference is like night and day… And you’re telling me that everyone played those weaponsets in combo before? Pfft.

I play a thief, if that matters to you. S/D + P/P or S/B.

S/D Thief? This just keeps getting better. lol I am not even going to bother explaining to you why that is so hilarious.

The reason a lot of warriors are using M/Sh is because axe damage was changed and is easy to avoid now, the meta is weak to control, many builds were destroyed by traits being moved up, and it has decent synergy with a lot of our other weapons now. Besides, previous to this patch there were tons of warriors that ran GS A/Sh and I didn’t see people saying that was overpowered simply because it was popular. A build being popular doesn’t mean it is overpowered. If that was the case, just about every viable build for every class would be overpowered.

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Sarrow.2785

What class are you again? Nevermind, just checked your post history. A Thief, really? A good thief is one of the strongest counters to this build, mesmer is the first for obvious reasons. I just find it so hilarious that the bad thieves come in here whining about this build. You are currently a top tier tPvP class and you are complaining about a class STILL on the bottom. You realize that right? It just makes you look silly.

So I’m bad and I look silly… because I’m a thief? Mmm, logic just died a bit right there.

I get the hyperbole though. It sucks to have a bottom tier class buffed and then have people complaining about it. You want to hang onto those buffs like they’re your own beloved children. You NEED them. Things can’t go back to how they were, they just can’t! You’re riding the denial train pretty hard, I get that.

First off, lets cast off assumptions and get facts straight:
1. I didn’t say I had trouble vs wars because generally, I don’t. Some are great though and I’m not against dying to a good player of any class.
2. I don’t play a heavy blind/stealth thief. You didn’t say that I did, but I’m assuming that you were assuming because that’s what most people assume when they hear ‘thief’. EDIT – oh, so you know I’m S/D. V. strong in spvp, yes, if you run a dodge build, which I don’t.
3. I’ve noticed that there are a SHlT TON of M/S + GS warriors running about. Just my observations, but if history is anything to go by, (D/D ele I’m looking at you..) generally players running a shlt ton of the same builds = nerf.
4. I implied that the war build is extremely strong right now for the following reasons: sustain, damage, cc, mobility. I don’t feel like wasting both our time going into it as that wasn’t my goal by posting here, suffice to say that this is my opinion and let’s move on.
5. All I wanted was to come on your forums and have a chuckle over some of your lovely hyperbole.

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Wow, most of the replies just reek of bad players desperately clinging to anything to give them an edge instead of relying on skill.

People make suggestions to open up counter play that doesn’t even mention a nerf, and the response is “no, then people might be able to dodge/block/blind”. Yet in another thread on this forum about Skull Crack being OP (their words not mine) people reply that it isn’t OP because you can dodge/block/blind through it.

Before today I was hoping that they would simply move traits around so that the tanky bunker builds that rely on this would still be able to get it, while the fotm players would have to learn how to play. Now I’m looking forward to the inevitable just so I can enjoy the tears from bad players who cling so tightly to this.

I don’t understand why the other warriors here don’t get it. People are trying to make suggestions that don’t involve a nerf because if it stays this way it will get nerfed, and based on Anets history it will get nerfed hard. As in they won’t just nerf skull crack, but ire, burst, pretty much a scorched earth nerfing.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Powerful abilities should be avoidable for a good player. The sad part is it’s not just skullcrack that’s an issue.

- Mesmer pistol 5 is incredibly powerful for the animation behind it, the only reason I avoid it is usually because of the sound.

Abilities to which the only response is to spam other broken abilities are just as bad as the other broken abilities.

I agree with you to some extent. But I find your comment on mesmer pistol 5 strange. You are capable of dodging it based on the sound? If that’s all your asking, give Skullcrack a sound and we’re done. But make it so the sound is right when the attack hits, just like pistol 5.

Personally I find dodging the mesmer pistol 5 one heck of a lot harder then skullcrack, due to it being RANGED and all.

And about your ‘broken’ abilities comment, really dude. There are a lot of ways to counter SC. Stability, stun break, dodge, blind, aegis, invuln, just to name a few. And those are just the hard counters. As long as the SC doesn’t hit, the warrior isn’t doing a lot, now is he?

Did I mention the range?

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Opynn.2936

Opynn.2936

Yea lets change mace so its usless again. And while we at it:
I dont know how to avoid iZerker- make it have 5s cast time with purple storm and green thunder coming from pink sky.
Bacstab- it should look like in cof p2 when you defend asura there those charr assasins that stab him in the back but like in slow motion.
And lets change all the skill so the level on how they are telegraphed will match warrior level.
And remove all clons, pets, spirits, spirit weapons, minions, theif guild, elemantals from they game. Warrior dont have those. When you fight a warrior you fight Warrior alone and his weapon not game AI. Or better, lets not nerf. Lets buff.

Give a warrior new elite- lets name it Call of warriorhood- you summon 7 warriors that fight at you side – all yousing different weapon (all being legndary)- use this ability again to make you brotherhood use weapon burst on your target.
And when we gona have army of pets try to dodge Skullcrack.

Opyrr[GoT] Warrior

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

The thing is, there isn’t a cast time on Skull Crack. There’s no cast bar, no time indicated, and the time you might perceive between pressing the button and the damage/stun going out is not nearly enough for someone to recognize that they have to dodge, then dodge.

It’s already about anticipation, so I don’t think a different animation will mean anything. Plus, the animation is different on a Charr too.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

I agree with the general premise of this topic.

I think what the others are trying to say is that we are not against dying to good warriors, but not noobs who just happened to squeeze out a win due to being carried by their class. We want to feel like we got outplayed when we lose.

And currently, we don’t feel like we got outplayed, just lost to cheesy op mechanics.

Also, to the other S/D thief…try some +condi duration food. Having some success overall vs other warriors with that. And make sure to use shadow return when you get stunned/kb and don’t use it immediately either. Make sure to save the stunbreaker until you’re sure you’re about to get 100b’d and there are no other options.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: Daniel Warren.4968

Daniel Warren.4968

Far as I can recall, only Skull Crack and Flurry have instant casting time. GS telegraphs, Axe telegraphs, Hammer telegraphs so hard you can see it from space, Rifle has that channel and LB arcs before igniting. Apart from Pommel Bash, Crack is the only fast mace skill. Mace overall is pitifully slow, and if it wasn’t for Crack it’d probably be considered the worst melee weapon to bring along. So yeah, it’s instant cast, but in the grand scheme of things is the only real threat to a weapon set that severely lacks mobility and fast cleave.

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

The Point

What about changing its name into “Thunderfist”

And adding lightning around the mace during a bit wider 0.5 s animation?

That should be visible.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

(edited by redslion.9675)

Skull Crack...

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

Yea lets change mace so its usless again. And while we at it:
I dont know how to avoid iZerker- make it have 5s cast time with purple storm and green thunder coming from pink sky.
Bacstab- it should look like in cof p2 when you defend asura there those charr assasins that stab him in the back but like in slow motion.
And lets change all the skill so the level on how they are telegraphed will match warrior level.
And remove all clons, pets, spirits, spirit weapons, minions, theif guild, elemantals from they game. Warrior dont have those. When you fight a warrior you fight Warrior alone and his weapon not game AI. Or better, lets not nerf. Lets buff.

Give a warrior new elite- lets name it Call of warriorhood- you summon 7 warriors that fight at you side – all yousing different weapon (all being legndary)- use this ability again to make you brotherhood use weapon burst on your target.
And when we gona have army of pets try to dodge Skullcrack.

THIS, warrior is already the most telegraphed class, and it shouldnt become worse, other classes have very powerfull instant moves and they are not beign changed.