Skull Cracker V 3.0 - The Counter Meta

in Warrior

Posted by: Gmtsai.6349

Gmtsai.6349

IMO, skull crack is over-estimated, and it only can pressure a bad player that didn’t get used to it. (Nerco who did not bring any stun-breakers or thief who spam their shadow-step for no reason.)

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

IMO, skull crack is over-estimated, and it only can pressure a bad player that didn’t get used to it. (Nerco who did not bring any stun-breakers or thief who spam their shadow-step for no reason.)

You don’t always have your stun breaker up. If you use it for something, then you can’t use it for something else. This sort of warrior can usually build it’s adrenaline up fairly quickly, so you can be hit by a skull crack every 10 seconds or so. If you don’t make the proper reads against this kind of build, you can end up eating the 100b.

Some stun breakers don’t offer immunity or movement either. I’ve used this before to do shield bash on a guardian, put in some filler auto-attacks, and then I hit him with skull crack the moment he used save yourself. Then he took the 100b because he had already expended other defensive utility due to fighting earlier.

All your saying is that the person who makes the better plays will win, which is a fairly general rule of thumb.

IMO the biggest disadvantage to this sort of build is that it has no ranged capabilities. That’s why I like to use warrior’s sprint on it. It makes it hard for node control in sPvP as well if your enemy decides to just sit outside, so it’s probably better to use it as a node attacker instead of defender, especially since your allies can capitalized on your long CCs with their own burst.

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

You don’t always have your stun breaker up. If you use it for something, then you can’t use it for something else. This sort of warrior can usually build it’s adrenaline up fairly quickly, so you can be hit by a skull crack every 10 seconds or so. If you don’t make the proper reads against this kind of build, you can end up eating the 100b.

Some stun breakers don’t offer immunity or movement either. I’ve used this before to do shield bash on a guardian, put in some filler auto-attacks, and then I hit him with skull crack the moment he used save yourself. Then he took the 100b because he had already expended other defensive utility due to fighting earlier.

All your saying is that the person who makes the better plays will win, which is a fairly general rule of thumb.

IMO the biggest disadvantage to this sort of build is that it has no ranged capabilities. That’s why I like to use warrior’s sprint on it. It makes it hard for node control in sPvP as well if your enemy decides to just sit outside, so it’s probably better to use it as a node attacker instead of defender, especially since your allies can capitalized on your long CCs with their own burst.

You’re pretty much correct with everything you’ve said. Skull Crack is able to be used practically on CD, it will eventually overpower most stun breakers. The only build that has enough stun breaks/teleports to counter it is a really greedy Mesmer that isn’t running Illusion of Life and Portal. It all comes down to using your skills correctly. A good rule of thumb to give Skull Crack the greatest chance to hit is to use it right after they dodge roll. Unless they have a skill that blinds or blocks without a cast time they’re going to get hit and be forced to stun break. You shouldn’t always go for the 100b, if you know they have more stun breaks then you should follow up with a shield bash and THEN 100b, you won’t hit it all but it’ll force any remaining stun breaks and build adren for the Skull Crack that should allow you to unload.

Oh, I also prefer to just skip that last long slash of 100b in favor of Whirlwind and Bladetrail. It tends to have a higher damage output. The lack of ranged is an issue, but with Missile Defect it’s lessened because their projectiles become yours. I wish Counterblow had a long of channel time as Riposte.

On another note I’m going to try swapping runes to something more offensive like Scholar or Ogre. I want to see if I really need that 20% reduction between Healing Sig, Zerker Stance, Sig of Stamina, and Cleansing Ire. Because hitting with 100b after a stun refills your adren and you’re under heavy condi pressure you can always use GS’s burst for another 3 condi removal.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

That’s why I use berserker’s amulet: I’m still hard to take down (I still keep good armor with Dolyak Signet and Runes of Melandru), but I can deal high damage outside of stuns. You can kill people by making them break skull crack and then get them with rush/whirlwind.
It works, even if maybe my rating is too low to tell (I went down to 60% with bad luck and bad builds) and I don’t play frequently enough to raise it (with this kind of build I win almost all the soloqueues I make… as if the build brought good luck by itself.XD).

However, mace/GS setup is awesome, and I love it. It’s perfect for multitasking. I can assault any point or hold it, depending on my needs.

And Skull Crack is also unpredictable because it has fast casting. The enemy can’t see it coming. His only bet is to stay far. That’s why I think this build works worse on dueling servers: in the open field where you have to fight you can be kited much more easily.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

That’s why I use berserker’s amulet: I’m still hard to take down (I still keep good armor with Dolyak Signet and Runes of Melandru), but I can deal high damage outside of stuns. You can kill people by making them break skull crack and then get them with rush/whirlwind.
It works, even if maybe my rating is too low to tell (I went down to 60% with bad luck and bad builds) and I don’t play frequently enough to raise it (with this kind of build I win almost all the soloqueues I make… as if the build brought good luck by itself.XD).

However, mace/GS setup is awesome, and I love it. It’s perfect for multitasking. I can assault any point or hold it, depending on my needs.

And Skull Crack is also unpredictable because it has fast casting. The enemy can’t see it coming. His only bet is to stay far. That’s why I think this build works worse on dueling servers: in the open field where you have to fight you can be kited much more easily.

It does work better in dueling scenarios but in general I still find it to be a one trick pony. If you can’t get the stun off and if the enemy has a stunbreaker or melandru runes, the overall dps is really meh. So I’ve been trying to stay away from it in general and playing around with 5 signet or carrion amulet condition warrior. My rank is or was at 300~ last time I checked but I haven’t played much as I prefer to WvW and don’t care for it since the only thing I’ve noticed is that players go from one flavor of the month class to another. Playing warrior months in tPvP back when eles were unkillable, to mesmers, to sword 3 spamming thieves and then necros is so lame.
Rank in tPvP really means nothing.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Dps might be meh, but is enough to kill people, and you are still very resistant. You have still to avoid open fields, though. Many times I managed to outlast my opponent.

One trick to increase the dps is to use Skull Crack under another stun/daze: you’ll get 3.5k damage. Or you could use Skull Crack baiting the breaker then Shield bash, Whirlwind, Bladetrail and Rush.

Well, I don’t play WvWvW (my war is only level 7 ) but I think I’d play something different too, just to use the higher gear potential.

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

You can’t rivalize condition builds with this.
:)

in Warrior

redslion.9675

You can’t rivalize condition builds with this.
:)

I stomped many necros and engis thinking the same thing

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

I love this build as well. This build puts a lot of stun pressure on the opponent. In Your initial couple stuns you don’t care if you can get off the combo or not, it’s just to bait out the dodges and stun breaks. I would say basically stun irrationally or chain stuns. Once they are out of dodges and stun breaks it’s easy pickings. That Usually happens after 1-2 weapon rotations.

This build is extremely potent in a 1v1 even against condition builds because with berserker stance you get essentially 8 free seconds / 2 mace stun options before they even start fighting. Also cleaning ire / hoelbrak helps with condition management.

In a team fight I would say the goal is to watch enemy movement, sweep in and Down people that are low on stunsbreaks and dodges. You still won’t be able to fight too long on a point, but you have enough defensive utilities to take a couple seconds of focus fire.

Skullclamp

(edited by peter.9024)

in Warrior

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

Lol how if you time your cc you can pull it off every time. 3-4 sec stun OP.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Not Op. Strong, though. You need very good timing and patience to deal consistent damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Valroth.7138

Valroth.7138

So I did the math on Healing signet and 392 health every 3 seconds amounts to 2613 over 20 seconds. So the active heal of 3275 + 2613 = 5888 over 20 seconds. Mending heals for 5240 on a 20 sec cooldown with faster cast time and 3 conditions removed. I feel like healing signet isn’t worth it. The passive healing is lost once you use your heal, so in a close fight you’re going to get much more mileage out of mending. Am I missing something here?

in Warrior

peter.9024

So I did the math on Healing signet and 392 health every 3 seconds amounts to 2613 over 20 seconds. So the active heal of 3275 + 2613 = 5888 over 20 seconds. Mending heals for 5240 on a 20 sec cooldown with faster cast time and 3 conditions removed. I feel like healing signet isn’t worth it. The passive healing is lost once you use your heal, so in a close fight you’re going to get much more mileage out of mending. Am I missing something here?

It’s a typo.. It’s 392 every second

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

Not Op. Strong, though. You need very good timing and patience to deal consistent damage.

Yea I mean thats what it should be like. People can’t complain that it’s hard to pull off, I mean that is the whole deal with classes.. All classes should and do require good timing for pulling off burst. Knowing that you outplayed someone when you insta gib them is great

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

(edited by apt.9184)

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Mending is 5240 over 20 seconds, totaling 262 hp/s.
Healing Surge is 9820 over 30 seconds, totaling 327 hp/s.
Healing Signet passive is 392 hp/s.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mathrin.3590

Mathrin.3590

Healing Surge followed up with a burst skill removes 3 conditions, so I would say Healing Surge wins in the healing department.

in Warrior

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

I really hope everyone keeps thinking this…

in Warrior

Posted by: bambam.7243

bambam.7243

Hey, nice work on this, tested it out on spvp and it was pretty good. I was wondering since I like WvW a lot, how would you apply this build to WvW roaming? Would you go soldier’s gear with hoelbrak runes + zerk trinks?

Salty Sea Dog | Tarnished Coast
Delayed [LATE] (guild leader) | OCX

in Warrior

peter.9024

Hey, nice work on this, tested it out on spvp and it was pretty good. I was wondering since I like WvW a lot, how would you apply this build to WvW roaming? Would you go soldier’s gear with hoelbrak runes + zerk trinks?

I run this with hoelbrak + zerk armour and a mix of zerk + cav trinkets. I like to keep my crit chance around 50% as I’m running warrior sprint

Skullclamp

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

I run this with hoelbrak + zerk armour and a mix of zerk + cav trinkets. I like to keep my crit chance around 50% as I’m running warrior sprint

I feel like that’s unnecessarily glassy though, if it works for you that’ fine but I think a Mix of Soldier armor and Zerker/Soldier Trinkets would give you good survival while still having a strong offense.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

Can someone please give me tips and tricks with this build including rotations? I want to be able to play two classes really well since soloque leaderboard is coming up so I want to start practicing as soon as possible.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Can someone please give me tips and tricks with this build including rotations? I want to be able to play two classes really well since soloque leaderboard is coming up so I want to start practicing as soon as possible.

Find the area of your brain that stores “rotations” and slice it out, rotations do not exist in PvP, and since you are planning on going into soloque tourny, you need to realize every one of your actions is based on what is currently happening around you. If you focus on a “rotation” you will instinctively follow through on your button presses on mistake and punish yourself against good players.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

This build is more reactionary than most other classes. Instead of focusing on your own combo you’re more interested in disrupting theirs. You can chain Shield Bash – 1 mace swing – Skull Crack – Switch to GS – 100b – (wait for the dodge that typically follows) – Whirlwind – Bladetrail. Typically though, the first Shield Bash will bait out their stun breakers/stability. It’ll probably take a Bash and a Crack before you can actually use the full combo however.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Authority.6145

This build is more reactionary than most other classes. Instead of focusing on your own combo you’re more interested in disrupting theirs. You can chain Shield Bash – 1 mace swing – Skull Crack – Switch to GS – 100b – (wait for the dodge that typically follows) – Whirlwind – Bladetrail. Typically though, the first Shield Bash will bait out their stun breakers/stability. It’ll probably take a Bash and a Crack before you can actually use the full combo however.

Thanks a lot.

I like this version of it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNApeRjkOpwBPGPMxBAkirq6oQJmUPsbu4A-TsAA0CvICSFkLITQygsBNIYRwEBA

So I have got a couple more questions.

If I wanted to pick Valkyrie or Cleric which one would I go with considering the buff on healing signet?
Is it ever worth using Arcing Slice over Skull Crack?

(edited by Authority.6145)

in Warrior

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

If I wanted to pick Valkyrie or Cleric which one would I go with considering the buff on healing signet?

According to the patch notes:
At level 80, this skill goes from 392 healing per 3 seconds to 467 healing per 3 seconds with 1500 healing power.

I dont think it’s worth the drastic decrease in damage to go clerics.

as for the topic at hand, i’ve given my own variant of this a go but to be honest i much prefer to use sword due to the added mobility and i swear loads of people don’t realise they’re immobilised until its too late.

(edited by sinzer.4018)

in Warrior

Authority.6145

Wrong post in wrong thread.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Thanks a lot.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNApeRjkOpwBPGPMxBAkirq6oQJmUPsbu4A-TsAA0CvICSFkLITQygsBNIYRwEBA

If you really need the condition removal. Depending on the build, you could even take someone down with Rush, Whirlwind and Arcing Slice, I guess.

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

While I can see the benefit of using most of those signets in your build, from personal experience and most everyone I play with any warrior we find with 2+ signets is an easy kill every time. I use something like this in wvw and pve (not much of an spvper so I haven’t tried it there yet):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIMQNApeRncOk8YzDSBxEZAB94K0Qs4UQJSPKD0INA-jEzAoLQ8FEuDgABQigIEgZvioxWZLiGruGT5GU1bi0wwyAUNGA-w

I trade out On My Mark for Balanced Stance (with the pts in the tactics tree it’s almost 11sec of stability) if I see a lot of CC heavy players coming my way. Most of the time though, I leave OMM for the free extra damage on whoever I call out on, and for the free miniheal and condition cleanse the shout provides via the traits / runes. This particular setup has no hard counters to it that I’ve seen thus far.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Thanks a lot.

Honestly I’ve never tried anything other than Soldier in WvW so I can’t say for ceratin there. As for Arching Slice you will probably NEVER use it considering it’s useless effect, although if you say used Skull Crack + 100b (from now on I’m just saying Skull Blades) and have full adren and still have some annoying conditions left on you you could use it purely as a cleanse.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Authority.6145

At level 80, this skill goes from 392 healing per 3 seconds to 467 healing per 3 seconds with 1500 healing power.

as for the topic at hand, i’ve given my own variant of this a go but to be honest i much prefer to use sword due to the added mobility and i swear loads of people don’t realise they’re immobilised until its too late.

So basically with 1.100 healing power I assume 420 healing per second every 3 seconds = total 2.3 total heal every 16 seconds

Interesting.. Now I am starting to get why some people said that it is better sometimes not to use that signet and just let the passive do its job unless its a standard S.O.S case

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

So basically with 1.100 healing power I assume 420 healing per second every 3 seconds = total 2.3 total heal every 16 seconds

Interesting.. Now I am starting to get why some people said that it is better sometimes not to use that signet and just let the passive do its job unless its a standard S.O.S case

Yah you should probably never use the signet active because the passive heals for more. That being said if someone is constantly applying poison and a few bleed stacks your healing will be negated, so it’s a good heal but by no means perfect. It’s strong 1v1 because of all the stuns and blocks, but it’s not this ungodly healing machine that people are making it out to be.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Azrhaell.1724

Azrhaell.1724

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Hoelbrak are great because with the +Might duration it synergizes with Forceful GS in addition to getting decreased Condi Duration.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

This build is … mind blowing. It eats both spirit rangers & condi necros alive !

At one point yesterday in team arenas, we faced a full necro team on Temple. We got slaughtered using our standard comp (guard, necro, ranger, engy and me as warrior). My mates were almost all melt down by the necros and I was the only one actually doing something. Lots of rage on our side, whatever. I explain how this build eats necros alive and show my mates this thread.

Next game, we got that team again, on Khylo. Both the guard and the engy rerolls as warriors like me. One of them arrives 45 seconds late in the game. We win 500 to 175.

In our next games I used this build as a Necro and Spirit Ranger hunter and it was really mindblowing. With an insane resistance to conditions and their lack of stun breakers, I have simply not lost a single duel against those two specs, who rule the meta atm.

I really suggest you trying it ! Thank for the post !

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Really fun in wvw also. Just put dogged march instead of the reflection trait.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

This build is … mind blowing. It eats both spirit rangers & condi necros alive !

At one point yesterday in team arenas, we faced a full necro team on Temple. We got slaughtered using our standard comp (guard, necro, ranger, engy and me as warrior). My mates were almost all melt down by the necros and I was the only one actually doing something. Lots of rage on our side, whatever. I explain how this build eats necros alive and show my mates this thread.

Next game, we got that team again, on Khylo. Both the guard and the engy rerolls as warriors like me. One of them arrives 45 seconds late in the game. We win 500 to 175.

In our next games I used this build as a Necro and Spirit Ranger hunter and it was really mindblowing. With an insane resistance to conditions and their lack of stun breakers, I have simply not lost a single duel against those two specs, who rule the meta atm.

I really suggest you trying it ! Thank for the post !

Glad to hear this, I find it odd we don’t see at least 1 Warrior running something like this on more teams. I know some warriors like Defektive think that GS is a weak choice although for me personally between Whirlwind Attack and Rush for mobility and 100b for damage when combined with Skull Crack makes it a logical pair. It’s mobility in my mind fills the same role as a longbow but with much better peel/chase capability. My problem with having Sword/Mace instead of GS is that you just lose a lot of DPS, Final Thrust nowhere near makes up for hitting a full 100b. People keep calling this a gimmick, and it is, almost EVERY build in the game is based around some sort of Gimmick. Shatter Mesmers use the same rotation, Ele’s tend to use the same rotation, Thieves are probably the worst offender. Only the Engi tends to be more unpredictable and even then they basically have a bunch of mini-combos.

I personally don’t think this is a bad thing, most games like GW2 have combat like this, most notably games like DotA and LoL. Anyways back on the topic of this particular build I feel that if you play it well and land all your Skull Cracks you’ll be able to land a full 100b no matter how skilled your foe is. I always thought of the GS as a tool and the Mace as your bread and butter. This is different from launch where most of our builds was focused around the GS. While it’s important for DPS the Mace is still more important.

Glad you enjoy the build and I hope it helps to force a bit of change in the condi spam meta.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Ran it and laughed at how ez it was.

Enjoy it while you can imho

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Ran it and laughed at how ez it was.

Enjoy it while you can imho

It feels easy because atm people are refusing to run ANYTHING to counter it. Necros are particularly bad, they want to run glassy with all offensive utilities and then get mad when someone with heavy CC comes around and shuts them down. I’ve seen Necros that have a fair shot vs me with just 1 stun break and a few traits. Soul Reaping has Last Gasp and Foot in the Grave which if used correctly makes this build have a hard time.

For a year Warriors had to build to survive against other classes builds. Now that Warriors have a decent build players that have access to viable ways to counter it refuse to do so because it messes up their current builds. For this build to work we have to take 2 utilities that are to counter conditions, Cleansing Ire, and either Missile Deflect (to keep from being crippled while closing the gap) or Dogged March. That’s almost half the build dedicated just to conditions. The build is susceptible to power builds, which aren’t overly popular currently. It’s not the builds fault thakittens counter isn’t in style. It seems like some players currently using this forum want to be able to be able to have a chance against any other spec all in one character which is not what the game is going for.

Previous builds that were nerfed (in many cases overnerfed) because they were strong in too many situations. This build however has MANY viable counters, the most potent being blinds, frequent stability, and teleports. If the meta were to suddenly shift to power this build would become worthless in its current form, it could be modified but I doubt it would be as strong as it is now.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Jinks.2057

Ya ran into ppl with stun breaks…..they run out and die

EzMode

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

EzMode

If you’re going to try and make an argument about something – might I suggest making actual arguments and at least trying to make yourself sound intelligent. What you just wrote sounds like a Thief that got beaten by a more skilled Warrior and you then came to this forum to whine…oh look you play a Thief.

Most of your comments in general seem to be highly negative and rarely seem to be longer than a paragraph and have hardly any meaningful content. Doesn’t even look like you’re very popular even in your own classes forum.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

There are better builds than this. Looking through these forums even self styled ‘top’ warriors seem to be running underpowered builds, in their reluctant attempts to catch up with the meta….

Phaatonn, London UK

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

There are better builds than this. Looking through these forums even self styled ‘top’ warriors seem to be running underpowered builds, in their reluctant attempts to catch up with the meta….

I’m actually starting to prefer Hammer in both PvP and WvW, it feels so much useful in team fights because you can stun multiple foes. It’s slow speed makes it more difficult to use especially 1v1 but that’s not really important if your main strength is in team fights anyways. This is what I’ve been using:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAS8ejkOpwBPGPMxBE0DNsK4iTBlQ9YOsj4A-TsAA1CnICSFkLITQygsBNQYRwWEA

I know some Warriors don’t believe in running double melee but between Warriors Sprint, Dogged March, Earthshaker, and Savage Leap I never find myself being kited. Worst thing is the blinds, what I wouldn’t give for the grandmaster minor trait to be the ability to resist a blind ever x seconds.

I’m not 100% sold on the Sigil of Battle but because I like the Runes of Hoelbrak (because they reduce the duration of condis without having to put more than what’s needed into toughness) but felt that I was under-utilizing the +might duration. You can keep a good number of might stacks on with this though even if you take Banner as your elite for the res instead.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Jinks.2057

EzMode

If you’re going to try and make an argument about something – might I suggest making actual arguments and at least trying to make yourself sound intelligent. What you just wrote sounds like a Thief that got beaten by a more skilled Warrior and you then came to this forum to whine…oh look you play a Thief.

Most of your comments in general seem to be highly negative and rarely seem to be longer than a paragraph and have hardly any meaningful content. Doesn’t even look like you’re very popular even in your own classes forum.

Don’t need to make a longer post because what I say is true.

in Warrior

Phaeton.9582

I’m actually starting to prefer Hammer in both PvP and WvW, it feels so much useful in team fights because you can stun multiple foes. It’s slow speed makes it more difficult to use especially 1v1 but that’s not really important if your main strength is in team fights anyways. This is what I’ve been using:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAS8ejkOpwBPGPMxBE0DNsK4iTBlQ9YOsj4A-TsAA1CnICSFkLITQygsBNQYRwWEA

I know some Warriors don’t believe in running double melee but between Warriors Sprint, Dogged March, Earthshaker, and Savage Leap I never find myself being kited. Worst thing is the blinds, what I wouldn’t give for the grandmaster minor trait to be the ability to resist a blind ever x seconds.

I’m not 100% sold on the Sigil of Battle but because I like the Runes of Hoelbrak (because they reduce the duration of condis without having to put more than what’s needed into toughness) but felt that I was under-utilizing the +might duration. You can keep a good number of might stacks on with this though even if you take Banner as your elite for the res instead.

Yeah I’ve been experimenting with this trait set for a few weeks. If you utilise the sustain right it can be really strong, especially if you get in scenario where it’s 1v2 and one’s a bunker. (recalls hilarious game vs bry)

If you pm ‘tobies’ in game right now I can tell you what runes/sigil/ammy I run though, definitely worth trying.

I still run mace with it though. Skull crack synergies too well with hammer to forgo IMO

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

EzMode

Don’t need to make a longer post because what I say is true.

You clearly don’t know how debates work. If I took your approach I could say “Thieves so EZmode cause blind, just press 5 and win” and if you responded like I did I would say “Dont need a longer posts because im right.”

Give proof to support what you say or you might as well have not said anything.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Yeah I’ve been experimenting with this trait set for a few weeks. If you utilise the sustain right it can be really strong, especially if you get in scenario where it’s 1v2 and one’s a bunker. (recalls hilarious game vs bry)

If you pm ‘tobies’ in game right now I can tell you what runes/sigil/ammy I run though, definitely worth trying.

Sadly I’m on a looong Midnight for a few more hours and will probably need to sleep when I get home but I’m Burr Chillthorn if you wanna discuss Hammer later today.

I actually love Hammer vs D/P thieves because you can use Hammer Shock to clear the blind then use Earthshaker right outside the blind field, it throws off their stealth spam and really hurts their DPS because unlike with Mace you can do it consistently.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Kazuno.9218

Kazuno.9218

Sadly I’m on a looong Midnight for a few more hours and will probably need to sleep when I get home but I’m Burr Chillthorn if you wanna discuss Hammer later today.

I actually love Hammer vs D/P thieves because you can use Hammer Shock to clear the blind then use Earthshaker right outside the blind field, it throws off their stealth spam and really hurts their DPS because unlike with Mace you can do it consistently.

+1, with hammer we have a good way to counter the circle of blind of D/P thieves.

Kazzuno[VSS]
Vizunah Square

in Warrior

Phaeton.9582

Really? I just pop zerker stance and faceroll often haha

But yeah the range can be nice vs that.

Phaatonn, London UK

in Warrior

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

I personally don’t think this is a bad thing, most games like GW2 have combat like this, most notably games like DotA and LoL. Anyways back on the topic of this particular build I feel that if you play it well and land all your Skull Cracks you’ll be able to land a full 100b no matter how skilled your foe is. I always thought of the GS as a tool and the Mace as your bread and butter. This is different from launch where most of our builds was focused around the GS. While it’s important for DPS the Mace is still more important.

There are three things that made it great during my session yesterday :
1. Skullcrack > 100bb > Whirl is really a loop. If the guys has no stunbreak, not only will he eat a full 100bb, but with whirl on top you will almost have a full adrenaline bar again. Use GS#4 for funzies, switch back to mace and do it again !
2. GS #3 and #5 give great mobility. It really helps for the support/dps roamer role this builds tries to do. With this, you can also use it as a far point contester too if they use a spirit build to defend their close, switching your role with your thief/ngy contester.
3. Resilience. 3k armour, 24.5k health, good healing, great condi removal. You take hits superbly well

This build really reminds me the role of the warrior in GW1 : great pressure on ennemies and great resistance to control and spike.

I don’t see where you would put a nerf on this ? Maybe Skullcrack can be toned down a bit, but it’s still a full burst, single target stun. They can not lower it down that much without rendering it useless, and opponents will still eat a bunch of the 100b damage.

The nerf I see coming is Berserker’s stance, but that has nothing to do with this build. That utility might be broken a bit.

This build has weaknesses too. Basically any ranged DPS class that can kite pretty well will bring it down. D/P thieves are a problem, but also shatter mesmers and engies to an extent

(edited by Ouroboros.5076)

in Warrior

Posted by: Itchen.8754

Itchen.8754

For some reason I cannot access that site to check out the build