SkullCracker Build for wvw

in Warrior

Posted by: Boldor Aran.8543

Boldor Aran.8543

Does anyone have a good build link/suggestion for a solo roaming skullcrack build? The one’s I google tend to be specific for PVP. I’m unsure what accessories and runes to use.

Thanks.

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Skullcracker is moslty good because of a master trait in the arms tree which increases your crit chance by 50% against stunned foes. There is also a sigil, called sigil of paralyzation that increases your stun duration by 30%. That adds a whole other second to skullcracker so that its actually 4 seconds long, which is extremely long for this game. There is also a sigil called sigil if impact which adds 10% more dmg to stunned foes. Putting that on your greatsword is huge as it basically gives you a free +10% dmg on your burst combo. There is also a trait in arms called forceful greatsword which reduces all the cooldowns of your greatsword skills by 20%, but it also grants you might for each critical hit you do with your greatsword. So each hit with 100b will just keep getting more and more powerful as you stack more and more might. The 15 point minor trait in discipline also synergies greatly with this build, reducing the cooldown on your weapon swap by 5 seconds. That means you never have to wait around for your swap to come off CD, you can always be swapping. This is what i personally use

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vIEQNAR5ejMdUGaZHWhwJaABpQDrizDAUJYCli5oOA-zkCBYfAojRmWGgEBmQAKHtIasVOFRjVhET7SpWFLQBAQAYiJxIFgeCjA-w

Strength runes are currently the top dogs DPS wise for runes, and they synergies amazingly with forceful GS. Battle sigils as well synergies very well with the whole thing and its not uncommon to have 25 stacks of might after you use 100 blades. You should be hitting for a minimum of 15k with the whole skullcracker?100b combo. Also thanks to your very high fury uptime (boon that grants 20% critical chance) + unsuspecting foeyour 30% crit chance you built for you have 100% crit chance on every 100b. Its also extremely durable thanks to the blocks on mace and shield, evade and mobility on GS, 3k armor (very high in this game) and healing signet.
Just be careful and watch if people have the boon stability on their bar (immune to CC). Search gw2 skullcracker build on YouTube and your sure to get hundreds of results

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

I would just use Hoelbrak runes and a -40% condition duration food, otherwise, condi builds will melt you.

[HUE]

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

What Carpboy posted is pretty much exactly what I use and I can vouch for its effectiveness. Two changes, I don’t use Dogged March, instead I use Missile Deflection. It does make you a bit more vulnerable to builds with a lot of soft control skills but the ability to reflect is great because almost every build has something that it can benefit from. To synergize with that I take Mighty Defense as well to ensure even more might. In addition I’ve found myself using Rampage more because it’s really good if used at the start to gain an early lead in a 2v1. Squishy targets die almost instantly.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Boldor Aran.8543

Boldor Aran.8543

It’s terrible.

Everything kills me, everything counters me leaving me chasing someone swinging the mace like a madman. The warrior can do NOTHING in pvp, absolutely nothing, everything it uses is countered with cure conditions or stability.
I’m going to be a kitten and just make an ‘i win’ build with a mesmer and thief which both have a ludicruous amount of damage and survivability.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kirec.2394

Kirec.2394

^
As a Mesmer main who is now playing Warrior and has also played Thief extensively…

wat

in Warrior

Posted by: Jett.1239

Jett.1239

I’ve played a mace/shield + gs warrior basically since launch and can confirm they’re “pretty good”. You’ll wreck bad/newer players, as they won’t or can’t dodge the stun. With that said, good luck trying to cleanse conditions against a good player.

It’s a very effective build versus power-based classes (though fights with thieves and mesmers can go either way), and you’re generally at a disadvantage versus condi thieves/engis/warriors — I think the build excels at pick-up-and-go roaming without a group. I’d opt for a hammer if I was roaming in a havoc squad.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

The problem with this is it is a one-trick pony (block/reflection aside) and every opponent with a half decent build is going to run one or more stun break/stability (and if a squishy, typically an insta-teleport as well). In other words, the 4s stun is negated pretty quickly. The stun/wind-up combo is also actually pretty bad as it is very lengthy to do its core burst damage meaning you can get interrupted from other sources.

IMO, it’s a gimmick build and gets wrecked often. And when it does work and you win, you are basically trolling a new player with no idea on how to make a build with one type of utility (or at best, you are running in a team and would have won the battle anyways).

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

It’s terrible.

Everything kills me, everything counters me leaving me chasing someone swinging the mace like a madman. The warrior can do NOTHING in pvp, absolutely nothing, everything it uses is countered with cure conditions or stability.
I’m going to be a kitten and just make an ‘i win’ build with a mesmer and thief which both have a ludicruous amount of damage and survivability.

Its not the build then bro

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Neomir.7493

Neomir.7493

It’s a very effective build, but more suited to 1v1, or maybe group play. This is because you need to sit there and 100b someone in the face.
Theyre stunned for donkeys years and eating huge crit chance 100b while you lel and build up might… sounds great huh? But you’re sitting there too. I don’t need to explain how this is a disadvantage solo roaming, so I won’t.

I solo roam on my Warrior almost extesively, and I can say that if you’re looking to lock people down and 100b them to death, the typical sword+x/gs is much more effective in my opinion because:

• Obviously condi is not a stun, but locking people down with the swords root can last up to 5+ seconds, and is aoe. You can and will lock down multiple bads with no cleanse for a full 100b combo.
  • Sword is better for mobility, which personally is my roaming warriors best defence when out ganking (can tank zergs too though lolezmoderawriorop). Also the leap alleviates some of the problems mace has with a 100b build.
  • Sword is better for autoattack, which is often times much more reliable vs low toughness characters than trying to land a immob.
  • Final thrust is cool as kitten.

I always carry multiple weapons and retrait to whatever I feel like, but Skullcrack is a gimmick build for me to use when I’m bored or want to try something fresh out whereas sw+sh/gs is a mainstay due to its damage, versatility and mobility. Saying that, I will be logging in soon and hunting for some skulls to crack, as you really should be using whatever you feel most comfy with and can play to full effect rather than what you can’t but you’ve been told it’s uber.

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Proper use of your blocks to reflect attacks is key to victory. It’s also perfect for stomp denial if they aren’t using stability/invuln. In team fights if your team goes for whoever you target they’re going to die. I often run with a DPS Meditation Guard that waits until I stun and then hits them for massive numbers in addition to my own. even if they stun break they’re going to be hurting from the initial burst. The ONLY builds I have real issues with are some Mesmer builds that I rarely encounter and more recently the corruptomacer build that’s making the rounds. Even with that build I’m slowly learning how to bait out the dangerous stuff before going for the kill. It’s a weapon that is designed to give more control than hammer at the cost of having no AoE and being less forgiving. Once you master landing Skull Crack with no setups the weapon will treat you well and you’ll get to laugh as you watch people kill themselves with their own attacks and you scream ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA as you land that full 100b.

I suggest it for those who are tired of Hambow and LB in general.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)