Skullcracker 4.0 (or is it 5.0?)

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Some of you are probably sick of me posting updated versions of this build, sorry. I’m doing this because whenever I see this build used today it’s always an old version that is generally wrecked by the modern meta. I’ve been asked by multiple people what I’m running so I though I would post what I have been using.

The umpteenth time I’ve posted a new version.

The obvious weakness of a double melee Warrior is that you lack the easy removal that a Longbow offers. As a result, nearly half of this build is dedicated to countering them. Between Brawler’s Recovery, Cleansing Ire, Mel Runes, and Berserker Stance you can survive the condis long enough to kill your target.

There are plenty of changes that you can make. You can swap out Bull’s Charge for Endure Pain, Mel Runes for Hoelbrak, DotE for Mobile Strikes, etc.

Despite what people who fall victim to you will say, it’s not an easy build to play well, and justifying running it over Hambow or Shoutbow is also difficult. There are a few tricks to make your life easier:

• Bind “Sheath Weapon” to something easy to reach. If you’re going to miss with Skull Crack, sheath your weapon, dodge, or swap.
  • Don’t go for the full combo if you know they have stun breaks. I’ll often times use a 1-2 bar Crack to bait out stun breaks and use something like Blade Trail or WW Attack.
  • Save your blocks for big ranged attacks. Half the reason I still play this is because it almost hard counters LB Rangers.

This is still more of a dueling/roaming spec, but with the right team it CAN work in TPvP.

EDIT: I’m actually liking this version better. Bull’s Charge is just so unreliable for the CD.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Really wish they would make GS higher risk higher reward tbh. Other than that, the mind set and build is plausible at best.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Looks like a solid build, I’ll have to see if I can still land some skullcracks.

Also, are there any other valid amulet options you’ve found for this? Maybe valkyrie? I love zerk, but I wonder if something tankier will buy you more time to build adrenaline.

in Warrior

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Skullcrack is always going to be my fav build

What about Furious Reaction and Signet Mastery with SoR for more Fury uptime combined with Intelligence and then Soldier’s Ammy

I feel that alternative is a lot more tanky without sacrificing too much damage – Still getting around 9k hundred blades after skull crack

Also does paralyzation sigil actually give you one more second on skull crack?

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Looks like a solid build, I’ll have to see if I can still land some skullcracks.

Also, are there any other valid amulet options you’ve found for this? Maybe valkyrie? I love zerk, but I wonder if something tankier will buy you more time to build adrenaline.

I think you could get away with it. With Unsuspecting your crit isn’t super important.

Skullcrack is always going to be my fav build

What about Furious Reaction and Signet Mastery with SoR for more Fury uptime combined with Intelligence and then Soldier’s Ammy

I feel that alternative is a lot more tanky without sacrificing too much damage – Still getting around 9k hundred blades after skull crack

Also does paralyzation sigil actually give you one more second on skull crack?

I think something like this could certainly work. And with sigil of para you land the whole 100b with a fully charged SC.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Some of you are probably sick of me posting updated versions of this build, sorry. I’m doing this because whenever I see this build used today it’s always an old version that is generally wrecked by the modern meta. I’ve been asked by multiple people what I’m running so I though I would post what I have been using.

The umpteenth time I’ve posted a new version.

The obvious weakness of a double melee Warrior is that you lack the easy removal that a Longbow offers. As a result, nearly half of this build is dedicated to countering them. Between Brawler’s Recovery, Cleansing Ire, Mel Runes, and Berserker Stance you can survive the condis long enough to kill your target.

There are plenty of changes that you can make. You can swap out Bull’s Charge for Endure Pain, Mel Runes for Hoelbrak, DotE for Mobile Strikes, etc.

Despite what people who fall victim to you will say, it’s not an easy build to play well, and justifying running it over Hambow or Shoutbow is also difficult. There are a few tricks to make your life easier:

• Bind “Sheath Weapon” to something easy to reach. If you’re going to miss with Skull Crack, sheath your weapon, dodge, or swap.
  • Don’t go for the full combo if you know they have stun breaks. I’ll often times use a 1-2 bar Crack to bait out stun breaks and use something like Blade Trail or WW Attack.
  • Save your blocks for big ranged attacks. Half the reason I still play this is because it almost hard counters LB Rangers.

This is still more of a dueling/roaming spec, but with the right team it CAN work in TPvP.

love this setup, run something similar in PvP

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Zirken.5184

Zirken.5184

Hello everyone, I have seen this post and it got my attention.
I am playing with this build for long long time even up to today.

I have made some tweaks to it over the time to perfect it.

Hope you guys will like my tweaks, i am also looking for your opinion on that.

so the regular build is like this
04/4/0/6 key traits – furious reaction, missile deflection, unsuspecting foe, cleanse ire, and brawler recovery
with stance utilities Endure pain, Berserker Stance, and Balanced Stance.
with the right rune of the pack you’ll get 50% crit rate which mean 100% crit.
with other runes you’ll get around the 45% which result in like 85-90% crit.
that on stunned foes.

now I been playing alot of duels with alot of experienced players, and ive come to notice that it’s problem is with heavy spamming conditions (mesmer/condi ranger for ex)

then I decided to make some tweaks so here it is:
0/2/6/0/6 – key traits – furious reaction, cleanseire, missile deflection, endure pain, and brawler’s recovery.
with utilities I take – Berserker stance, Balanced Stance, Signet of Stamina instead of endure pain) :
now the reason I replaced endure pain utility and covered it with signet of stamina is that it will allow you to dodge more often, it also stack with vigor, and it remove 12condition on use. this is a life saver way more worthy then endure pain(which you get anyway).

as for dropping unsuspecting foe, I have gained about 150power from the defense trait
changed from berserker to assassin amulet which take 1,700health. in exchange for more crit dmg and more crit rate. so with fury I manage to get up to 86% crit so i’m ok with dropping unsuspecting foe trait. so after a long tests, i realised that i didn’t lose dmg at all, while getting bonus utility that you WILL NOTICE.

please consider the fact you get permanent fury effect on this build so you end up with 86% crit.
although if you really can’t give up on the little vitality from berserker amulet go for it.
but even the extra 100-150power you get from using it not worth it becouse assassin amulet give you the 213% crit dmg instead of 200% with berserk. 13% is alot.

Here is the build I would like to hear your opinion on that and enjoy it ! !

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAR5ejMdUFaZIGewJagqgC9BEANwprWdP04xOA-TpBBABEcEA+4CAAwDAoo9HIvMQGHEAA

this is the build please rate

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

PLs dont use “rendering strikes”….

This trait only gives you a 2-3% dmg boost if your lucky.

Always use “furious reaction” (rifle users excluded)

Furious reaction makes it so you don’t have to use pack runes. But pack runes and furious reaction makes it so that you have enough fury uptime even when you have rampage as an elite.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Thanks for posting Burr. I’ll give it a shot see how it works.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

PLs dont use “rendering strikes”….

This trait only gives you a 2-3% dmg boost if your lucky.

Always use “furious reaction” (rifle users excluded)

Furious reaction makes it so you don’t have to use pack runes. But pack runes and furious reaction makes it so that you have enough fury uptime even when you have rampage as an elite.

But only if you take enough damage to trigger the trait. That’s where my dislike of it comes. With the proper use of your mace blocks, Whirlwind attack, and possibly Endure Pain you may never receive a benefit from it. After you stun and go for the 100b, basically every attack is a crit and you can get 5-6 stacks from that alone. There’s also the ranged attacks you can reflect which can give vuln as well.

It’s personal preference, both work fairly well.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

So, I messed around with using the Sundering Mace trait and actually found it to be pretty good sustain. Having a 8 second block that reflects is preeeettty nice. THe extra damage when weakened isn’t bad either: Yet another version.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Brigg.6189

Played with this and liked it, surprisingly survivable even with zerker ammy. I didn’t try valkyrie because it didn’t seem like I needed to.

I like zerk stance and balanced stance for this build, but it seems like the last slot is a wildcard. Kinda crazy but you could do signet of fury or might in that slot.

BTW Burr, I never played a lot of mace builds so I feel like my mechanics are pretty mediocre with it. Do you have any streams using it? I’d like to see how you play it.

Also, I think Burr’s right that this does counter the meta to an extent. I’ve always found mace hard to play in big teamfights, and it doesn’t have the aoe rez denial that hammer does. But, cele meta has people spread across 3 points fightings in 2s and 3s, that’s a pretty good niche for this build. It’s got the mobility to play 3 points too, unlike say, a deeps guard.

(edited by Brigg.6189)

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Played with this and liked it, surprisingly survivable even with zerker ammy. I didn’t try valkyrie because it didn’t seem like I needed to.

I like zerk stance and balanced stance for this build, but it seems like the last slot is a wildcard. Kinda crazy but you could do signet of fury or might in that slot.

BTW Burr, I never played a lot of mace builds so I feel like my mechanics are pretty mediocre with it. Do you have any streams using it? I’d like to see how you play it.

Also, I think Burr’s right that this does counter the meta to an extent. I’ve always found mace hard to play in big teamfights, and it doesn’t have the aoe rez denial that hammer does. But, cele meta has people spread across 3 points fightings in 2s and 3s, that’s a pretty good niche for this build. It’s got the mobility to play 3 points too, unlike say, a deeps guard.

Sadly, I lack the rig to be able to stream. The biggest tip I could give you is to bind Sheath Weapon to a button you can easily reach. If you’re going to miss, sheath your weapon. You’ll only get a short CD and keep all of your adrenaline. It’ll bait out dodges, stability, blocks, everything.

Also, I changed the build a bit again. I find Mel runes to not hurt my DPS that but, but the sustain they bring to be invaluable. Also, I’m finding Frenzy to have surprisingly good result. A Quickness Skull Crack is much harder to avoid, and you have time for a 100b AND a Whirlwind attack.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Brigg.6189

Yeah, I’ve got sheath but I just need some practice on mace for it.

Things I’m still trying to get used to are how to open and whether I should be tunneling people vs. GS hit and runs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Also, I’m finding Frenzy to have surprisingly good result. A Quickness Skull Crack is much harder to avoid, and you have time for a 100b AND a Whirlwind attack.

The eternal issue with frenzy, however, is that you have to sacrifice a different stance. Balanced stance is pretty much a must have, so you get to pick between dying to conditions or massive burst. Also, if they use a stun breaker, your entire use of frenzy could potentially be nullified, whereas endure pain and berserker stance are much more reliable.

Sundering mace is an interesting choice, though I think you might be better served by shield master. It’s a 6s reduction on it’s block instead of the 2s you get on the mace block, and I’d consider shield bash more valuable than pommel bash. Though I can see how there could be advantages to going with sundering mace instead.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Also, I’m finding Frenzy to have surprisingly good result. A Quickness Skull Crack is much harder to avoid, and you have time for a 100b AND a Whirlwind attack.

The eternal issue with frenzy, however, is that you have to sacrifice a different stance. Balanced stance is pretty much a must have, so you get to pick between dying to conditions or massive burst. Also, if they use a stun breaker, your entire use of frenzy could potentially be nullified, whereas endure pain and berserker stance are much more reliable.

Sundering mace is an interesting choice, though I think you might be better served by shield master. It’s a 6s reduction on it’s block instead of the 2s you get on the mace block, and I’d consider shield bash more valuable than pommel bash. Though I can see how there could be advantages to going with sundering mace instead.

The 8 second CD counterblow is pretty nice because you know that chances are when you swap back to mace you’re going to have it. Also, I try to land a aa combo and apply weakness before going for Skullcrack and that makes it hit fairly hard.

The annoying thing I keep on coming across in tests at duel arenas is that everyone ends up building to counter you. It’s crazy dumb how you can take almost any build, throw on Sigl of Doom and Geomancy, and use Celestial and suddenly your build is better. Doom alone has such an absurdly high up time that your healing just gets neutered.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Brigg.6189

best counter to this build, desync out of my kitten skullcrack

in Warrior

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

What would be the playstyle in tpvp? Looks very interesting keep it up.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

best counter to this build, desync out of my kitten skullcrack

Oh that’s the worst, you go for the 100b only for them to reappear 6 ft away behind you.

As for playstyle, your role is to set up spikes, bait out stun breakers/stability, and also quickly roam from point to point. I try to use a 1 or 2 bar Skull Crack early on because it makes players panic and stun break when they don’t need to.

Just an angry old man…