So... Boon hate?

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: tyandam.8962

tyandam.8962

Is it just me or has anyone noticed a severe lack of consistency with what the Dev’s say lol. Where and what is Boon Hate and why is there no info in the patch notes on it? Was it not implemented? Did you realize it would make warriors usable in pvp and decided not to do it out of spite?

Dev 1: Ele’s are OP
Dev 2: Nerf warriors?
~Dwagonband~

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Nope, no boon hate. BUFF KICK INSTEAD.

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

No, you don’t get boon hate. And we’re nerfing your burst potential and survivability to the ground.

Oh, but banner and kick buffs. You lunge slightly forward now. That’s a thing. Right? Definitely.

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Once i will be able to play again, first thing ill make is spvp>banner of str and smashing ppl in hotjoin. I will make a vid of that just for lul.

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Dude, I’m so going to make a double banner, kick, rampage warrior. It’s obviously exactly what the developers intended warriors play.

God, the OP juices are just seeping from me.

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

it’s just stupid imo. they should have implant the nerf and boon hate at the same time.
instead of leaving us in a bad position

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I can’t w8 till moderator come in and start deleting all threads..

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

In the talk they did kind of imply this was an idea in progress and not something we would see coming any time soon. Given how little information they had on the topic I’m not surprised to see it missing from the patch notes.

I mean we still don’t know if it’s a passive increase to damage or a boon strip for example. That alone would be the difference between boon hate being a useless bandaid to a larger problem and adding something very cool and dynamic to the PvP meta.

Of course given what we’ve seen so far, I’m worried it will just be passive and something they’ll just update every month until Warriors do just the right amount of damage to Guardians and Mesmers.

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

We definitely got a lot of hate this patch.

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

tyandam.8962

^^ New “warrior hate” ability will be deployed next patch don’t worry

~Dwagonband~

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

^^ New “warrior hate” ability will be deployed next patch don’t worry

Well I’m developing “balance team hate”.
“Chances to buy gems reduced to 0% for a more balanced sPvP.”

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

tyandam.8962

You, my friend, get a +1 lol
Where I work, if someone doesn’t fix something and people complain they get fired

~Dwagonband~

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

They also announced revealed to trigger every time you come out of stealth even if you did not attack. Maybe they are still developing the idea.

Well, i’d rather never see boon hate implemented as the sheer idea of having my own class mechanic negated bothers me but that’s not for me (or any of us) to decide.

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

tyandam.8962

its not about “boon hate” per se, its about warriors not having a way to bring damage to pvp while having at least 1 worthwhile utility… but yeah sure ill stand there waving around my banner like im at the Puerto rican day parade

~Dwagonband~

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Boon hate was a mechanic they were throwing around as a possible solution. I was not expecting something that was given the “probably” status during an interview to be in this patch.

Although when warriors do get boon hate, it’ll probably be extremely useless, require 30pts down tactics line, and be tied with a buff to banners making them 2x larger for people to see what items they can steal from other players.

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

They also announced revealed to trigger every time you come out of stealth even if you did not attack. Maybe they are still developing the idea.

Nope… Jonathan Peters posted on the Thief forum that it (the proposed revealed nerf) would hit the stealth classes too hard. So in this patch they opted to increase the revealed debuff when attacking out of stealth by one second instead.

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Nope, no boon hate. BUFF KICK INSTEAD.

When they mentioned they were going to buff kick in SOTG, I though that they might give it a boon removal to make it an attractive option. But they only made it a slightly-less unattractive utility that won’t serve as a replacement for anything in a competitive context.

I guess I shouldn’t have been expecting that since they didn’t actually say that, but I think some form of boon removal or hate-characteristic on kick (i.e. daze foes with boons) would’ve been cool. Mind you, it did need the lunging thing too. I guess it probably would’ve taken a fair bit of time to rework that in to begin with though, so hopefully it’ll see so more love later, like some boon hate characteristics.

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Xhosant.3196

Xhosant.3196

Well, boon hate would make sense on warrior, they did say we’re supposed to power through enemy buffs

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Boon haters gonna hate

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Cjloveskat.8130

Cjloveskat.8130

Warrior hate : Take physical damage by 100% while wielding any form of weapon.

Coward (11s) : kneel to the floor while you get stomped and made fun of

Range: over 9000

Dev 1 : Ele’s are OP

Dev 2 : Nerf Warriors

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Detcelfer.9736

Detcelfer.9736

Kick would need its damage tripled in order for it to be remotely viable and that goes for pretty much all the physical skills except bullcharge.

So... Boon hate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Kick is the best ability out there, making sure a melee oriented class has the ability to kick ranged oriented classes away from them once they catch up to them so they can spend 90% of the time chasing them while slowly getting whittled down.