So, Combustives NOT getting nerfed... right?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

December 10th Change:
Combustive Shot – Increased pulse duration to 3s. Increased burn duration per pulse to 3s. Normalized damage per pulse. Updated pulses per tier to 2, 3,and 4 respectively for tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3. Overall physical damage has been reduced by 15%.

Longbow
A lot of thought went into the change to combustive shot. This skill was simply too effective at renewing itself. One of the drawbacks of the burst skills needs to be losing your adrenaline, but this skill was easily able to restore all of the adrenaline it lost. Rather than reduce the burn duration we reduced the # of attacks this skill creates because we felt it made it more counterable in PvP and less reliable in PvE as an adrenaline builder.

So as many others have pointed out in the forum, Combustive Shot does not generate adrenaline.

This would seem to somewhat undermine the claim that “a lot of thought went into the change” since there appears to have been a complete misunderstanding of how the ability functions.

The only way it generates any adrenaline is when you have the Grandmaster trait, Furious (arms 30) which is in a totally different tree than the longbow traits (tactics). And even then, it only generates a strike when it crits, not just hits. Furthermore, there was no mention of Furious at any time in the change, or explanation post.

Slowing down the Pulse is a terrible change for the functionality of this ability. If anything the pulse should be sped up, to 1 pulse ever second (and damage balanced accordingly of course).

See, if the reason is to reduce Adrenal gain with furious (which is the only time it occurs) wouldn’t the correct solution be to alter Furious, so that it only grants adrenaline on non-burst skills? Or if you want it to function with burst skills, so it only generates 1 adrenaline per pulse for Combustive shot regardless of the number of targets hit?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Ofc it gettting nerfed and they don’t care what kitten u write. They had to get some reasons out of hat in order to nerf it to shut up masses. Theres a reason why posts about warrior been completely ignored, left unanswered and the nerfs coming no matter what.

Rebember if u want dps options use oh crappy axe and a joke gs

in Warrior

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I think the changes would have been fine if they didn’t change the radius of tier 1 and 2 combustive to be smaller.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in Warrior

Dand.8231

Ofc it gettting nerfed and they don’t care what kitten u write. They had to get some reasons out of hat in order to nerf it to shut up masses. Theres a reason why posts about warrior been completely ignored, left unanswered and the nerfs coming no matter what.

That’s a pretty negative attitude… though I can’t say it’s entirely unwarranted either.

I’m frankly bewildered at their lack of understanding, regarding their own game mechanics (not just combustive shot/adrenaline either, that’s drop in the bucket) and lack of any kind of response to the many, many posts and statements about the Dec 10th change.

I’m hoping they’re simply busy trying to make it work out properly. Not that combustive shot even NEEDS any nerf or changing to begin with, but if it has to be done, do it properly.

I guess we’ll find out in 8 days. I sincerely hope you’re wrong Scoob.

in Warrior

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I just hope signet of fury won’t become mandatory to run LB. It’s already easy enough for people to move out of it… they one thing that made it good was that you could build some decent adrenaline off it again. Seems like it’s getting balanced for PvE or something….

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

I don’t understand why this is getting nerfed for DPS builds. It would barely do damage anyways and most of the time the target is smart enough to not stand in your AOE (which is even more difficult to pull off now that the AOE is smaller at lower adrenaline levels).

Looks like LB is being pushed more and more towards condition builds.

Honestly, just rename the game “Condition Wars 2”

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

That’s a pretty negative attitude… though I can’t say it’s entirely unwarranted either.

I’m frankly bewildered at their lack of understanding, regarding their own game mechanics (not just combustive shot/adrenaline either, that’s drop in the bucket) and lack of any kind of response to the many, many posts and statements about the Dec 10th change.

I’m hoping they’re simply busy trying to make it work out properly. Not that combustive shot even NEEDS any nerf or changing to begin with, but if it has to be done, do it properly.

I guess we’ll find out in 8 days. I sincerely hope you’re wrong Scoob.

Don’t be bewildered. There is one team for PvE. One team for PvP. One team for skill balancing. They are not the same team. Make sense now?..the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. This has already also been posted in spvp forums that it gains no adrenaline unless furious is used with high crit chance.

in Warrior

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

it seems like 2 people that dont even play pvp make all the decisions for pvp content.

All that was needed to fix warrior was to move UF and nerf the healing sig a little. Instead warrior gets nerfs all across the board and more healing skills are being introduced to the game to compensate for the going to be defunkt warrior.

LB is a great condition weapon on the warrior. Hammer, longbow, burst mastery, unsuspecting foe all nerfed in addition to the current stealth nerfs to desperate power, furious, and empowered. Which have not been fixed or addressed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

it seems like 2 people that dont even play pvp make all the decisions for pvp content.

All that was needed to fix warrior was to move UF and nerf the healing sig a little. Instead warrior gets nerfs all across the board and more healing skills are being introduced to the game to compensate for the going to be defunkt warrior.

LB is a great condition weapon on the warrior. Hammer, longbow, burst mastery, unsuspecting foe all nerfed in addition to the current stealth nerfs to desperate power, furious, and empowered. Which have not been fixed or addressed.

The truth is, if you watch what people whine about on the forums, you can pretty much call the nerfs months ahead of time. Sadly, it seems that what bad players whine about is more important than what is or isn’t overpowered. Just one of many reasons I am going to move to Wildstar when it comes out.

Oh, and when things do get nerfed, it is nerfed in a way that it messes up skills for builds that were never considered overpowered in the first place (and this style of balancing has been used on all classes that have got nerfs).

in Warrior

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

Interestingly enough I specced a warrior in the mists to furious and bust mastery. Then equipped rampagers for the crit and conditions. You can keep up full adrenaline Combustive Shot almost continuously this way. I say almost because the cooldown is 7 1/4 seconds while the duration is 7 seconds. A new Combustive shot is ready to go almost immediately.

This is just to inform. I have never run this build and don’t think it is particularly relevant to the way they are nerfing Combustive Shot. If you would like to repeat it I tested on the the AoE golems in the mists but you don’t actually need that many targets.

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Interestingly enough I specced a warrior in the mists to furious and bust mastery. Then equipped rampagers for the crit and conditions. You can keep up full adrenaline Combustive Shot almost continuously this way. I say almost because the cooldown is 7 1/4 seconds while the duration is 7 seconds. A new Combustive shot is ready to go almost immediately.

This is just to inform. I have never run this build and don’t think it is particularly relevant to the way they are nerfing Combustive Shot. If you would like to repeat it I tested on the the AoE golems in the mists but you don’t actually need that many targets.

So they are indeed 100% forcing us into condition build by nerfing decent power builds to the ground.I use 0 point in arms for example with a zerk amulet but invest heavily in power.Burning gets no nerf but power dps on combustive shot gets nerfed heavily for no reason.They should just buff power ticks by 100% considering they will tick once 3 seconds and it alreadfy needed a buff.Why nerf it ?Was always bad as it is

The real mystery is why nerf a skill because of a trait and just not fix the trait.Players that don’t use it should not be hit.We already get hit quite hard because UF abuse.

So basicly because the only problem ever was SOLDiER UNSUSPECTiNg FOE BUiLDs ( mace/gs was not even remotely viable spvpwise) they nerf :

Hammer,mace and longbow .Only half the weapons we have really of witch all 3 already terrible at landing damage.

Mace is only good as a counter because slow as hell in either damage animations and movement,practicly zero range.So how are we supposed to interrupt a thief with a 0.5 second casting time?Are you serious? Beats all the point of interrupting.Completely useless.

They said they want to remove damage from cc.Well i wonder that why a chain of fear does 10k damage ? Why it is from range and instant with no animation ?Why it is unblockable? But instead nerf mace 130 range casting time to slooow as hell and update animation to be more obvious.

Yes that makes sense that 130 range was such a huge problem.Unblockable,instant from range Fear trains are nothing in comparison .Anyone else lost faith here ?

(edited by mini.6018)

in Warrior

Dand.8231

All that was needed to fix warrior was to move UF and nerf the healing sig a little.

I’d even disagree that Healing Sig needs to be tweaked. Really, UF needed exactly what it got, a move from Adept, to Master.

None of the other changes are really warranted. UF, Burst Mastery, and Earthshaker getting nerfed together, by such large amounts no less, is just sorta absurd. That’s overbalancing, plain and simple.

And longbow does NOT need ANY nerfs at all. If anything, the pulse speed needs to be sped-up to 1s (not really a direct buff). If there are Adrenaline bugs and issues, those can be addressed at the adrenaline level. They should NOT be addressed by slowing down pulses on an ability.

That’s like saying “we’re getting too many traffic jams! Instead of making our toll booths faster and more efficient, we’re just going to lower the speed limit!”

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

“we’re getting too many traffic jams! Instead of making our toll booths faster and more efficient, we’re just going to lower the speed limit!”

But only on your side though /evillaugh