So Warriors rock in pve but not so much in pvp

in Warrior

Posted by: Nautika.5376

Nautika.5376

Trying to figure out the next class I want to level (Ranger is my main) and I have heard Warriors rock in pve but lack really bad in pvp is this really true?

Is it also true your ranged options are better than my Rangers?

Thanks

in Warrior

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

we rock in all parts of this game and yea we’re better from range than rangers.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I took my level 10 warrior to WvW and owned more people and survived longer than my 80 ranger.

I used the rifle until I saw somebody running away (which a lot did). switch to GW, charge, immoblize with bolas, 100B. 60% of the time it worked everytime.

I have no clue how they hold up in sPvP

RIP in peace Robert

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

We hold up well in sPvP if played correctly.

Unfortunately a lot of warriors don’t play correctly.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I don’t find it’s too bad in pvp. Perhaps not too great at escaping (I mean you could probably build it for that, but I wouldn’t want to) but takes a fair bit of hitting to go down and hits back pretty hard itself. I mean I’ve had thieves try to do their backstabbing stealth stuff on me, only to get smacked down by swinging the basic attack at air. Or better yet one guy stole and started using whirling axe or whatever it is… near-instant hammer KO.

60% of the time it worked everytime.

õ_ô

(edited by LameFox.6349)

in Warrior

Posted by: Nautika.5376

Nautika.5376

Well that is good to hear, seeing most posts dealing with Warrior pvp says they stink (which I figured was a bunch of whining kids who want god-easy mode…

What is the best weapon set-up for leveling and pvp?

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I found greatsword/rifle glass cannoning the easiest way to reach 80. The sword kills just about anything, and whatever takes too long that you wouldn’t survive slashing it, kite with the rifle instead.

PVP varies too much for me to say. I change traits/approach probably once or twice a day if I play WvW.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

I don’t find it’s too bad in pvp. Perhaps not too great at escaping (I mean you could probably build it for that, but I wouldn’t want to) but takes a fair bit of hitting to go down and hits back pretty hard itself. I mean I’ve had thieves try to do their backstabbing stealth stuff on me, only to get smacked down by swinging the basic attack at air. Or better yet one guy stole and started using whirling axe or whatever it is… near-instant hammer KO.

60% of the time it worked everytime.

õ_ô

60% of the time, it works everytime

It’s a quote from Anchorman.

I enjoy playing my warrior in WvW, I find I’ve got quite a good DPS build with my rifle warrior but have enough toughness to mitigate some incoming damage. It’s all about playstyle and watching your surroundings.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in Warrior

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I disagree, i recently found the right build that works for me (Thanks to defektive) and i’m having a blast, and i seem to be doing quite well.

I’m tough to take out, and the longer the fight goes on, the more damage i end up doing per swing, seems to work out quite well considering i don’t keel over as quickly as most classes/builds.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Warrior

Posted by: Merthax.5172

Merthax.5172

I have seen a lot of threads that seem to directly conflict each other. I’ve seen plenty of “Warriors are OP”, “Rifles are OP”, “Warriors are better at range than rangers” but also plenty of “Warrior are useless in PvP/WvW.”

I would also like to know which is it? My guess is that playing warrior in PvP the way you do in PvE will get you killed very quickly, but that a warrior in the hands of a skilled player can be quite formidable.

I haven’t played any form of PvP to know how warriors fare, but I can tell you that in PvE I am having a much easier time with warrior than with any of the other classes that I’ve played so far.

in Warrior

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

Some people are not happy with Warrior in PvP because they come directly from normal PvE (not dungeons) in which they own everything and thus were never forced to L2P or die.

Warriors are quite forgiving and PvE is also quite forgiving so this two factors combined, tend to allow some to slack lot.

Going to PvP, in which people are not forgiving, they will experience extreme pain, till they get better and learn to spec better. At the same time, they most likely will come here to inform people that warriors are sub par.

In PvP, I have played against great warriors and horrid warriors. The class allows for a wide range of skill levels. Compared to classes like Eng, Ele or Rangers.

You know most of the time, the people playing the above classes have some level of skill or else they will not be playing these classes in PvP (unskilled = instant murdered).

(edited by gadenp.7586)

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Some people are not happy with Warrior in PvP because they come directly from normal PvE (not dungeons) in which they own everything and thus were never forced to L2P or die.

No, most of it comes from direct comparison against other classes performing the same roles, point for point and ability by ability.

It also stems from the very “meh” nature of warrior playstyle and limited utility worth (both the ones on your bar and the ones you provide to a serious top tier team composition.)

The people in PvE and WvWvW that you talk about seem pretty happy. After all like you said wars can do ok there. Hell an untraited anything can do ok there. It’s PvE. Or it’s follow the zerg.

The complaints usually stem from people 200+ tourney games in, who focus primarily on actual PvP and play multiple classes.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Warriors rock in PvE and are just a step below mesmer and thief in PvP. Right now they are one of the strongest all-around professions in the game. I’m not going to tell people to learn to play because I think that’s a cop-out reply, but I will say that if you learn what works and what doesn’t, and take the time to learn how to build your character, you’ll do great in wvwvw or spvp.

in Warrior

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

yawn everytime i see a 100B warrior i kinda get bored theyre so bad…seriously think outside the box…or the combo that requires all ur utilities and leaves u useless after

Personally axe/shield warrior works really well in pve and pvp…can 1v1 any class well and actually survive if ganked in most situations …and I dont need 3 utilities to kill someone lol…best part is I slaughter 100b warriors…wonder how mad they get when i click Block when they hit 100b