So yea, I want to play Power PS.

in Warrior

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Yeah I get it, the build has fallen on tough times, and yeah it’s not as strong as Condi, but you know what, I don’t care, I prefer to have fun over knuckling under to the, “Muh META”, mindset.

Condition builds are the lazy-persons approach and I would rather hit things rather then wiff conditions all day.

So I was wondering what is the proper build, I got the one off of Metabattle right now, but I also see people using mace/shield and axe/axe ect. and the Qtfy website while it has thrown out anything beside condi PS, seems to have mace/shield purely for breakbar mechanics.

Thanks.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

All ur dps and might comes from GS. Mace/ shield or mace/mace is for breaker which is the only thing power war is better at than Condi

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: TheSlothArmada.6709

TheSlothArmada.6709

I was in the middle of updating my build and saw this post, so I’m not really wasting time doing this

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJIQNAR3XnckCVegdfA2eAEliliA7d4mcfuJBhfwzzYA8ACAA-jhBBABnpEMgLqAW7PK/qU9HAeSB5p75bABwQgggQIMWr1ataMEChQIECBpAIdZE-e

Dodge twice then open up with headbutt, berserk, decapitate, dual strike, switch to greatsword, hundred blades, arc divider, dodge. . . then continue rotation as normal.

Starting out with axe/axe is a dps increase.

(edited by TheSlothArmada.6709)

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

Yeah I get it, the build has fallen on tough times, and yeah it’s not as strong as Condi, but you know what, I don’t care, I prefer to have fun over knuckling under to the, “Muh META”, mindset.

Condition builds are the lazy-persons approach and I would rather hit things rather then wiff conditions all day.

So I was wondering what is the proper build, I got the one off of Metabattle right now, but I also see people using mace/shield and axe/axe ect. and the Qtfy website while it has thrown out anything beside condi PS, seems to have mace/shield purely for breakbar mechanics.

Thanks.

I don’t understand the perception that condition damage based builds are lazy and don’t hit things. Condi PS has one of the highest actions per minute and utilizes a large amount of skills. The rotation consists of making use of the following skills:

Sword: Burst, 1, 2
Torch: 4, 5
Longbow, 1, 2, 3, 5
Utilities: Heal, For Great Justice!, Shattering Blow, Headbutt

If anything, the Power build is more passive than the Condi build, in which you just camp Greatsword/Axe and make use of Signets passives.

I would like for Power builds to be competitive with the Condi build as well, but don’t characterize Condi PS as lazy, as it is anything but.

in Warrior

Posted by: ADTempys.6382

ADTempys.6382

Condi PS is “more chilled” (even if i wouldnt say chilled but w/e) than power if you try to be close to perfection on both, sure cPS has a lot of details that almost everyone in the game are missing but I’d say that’s even worse for power.
Just try to maintain perfect rotation on both and its quite obvious

in Warrior

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

GS builds are dead. It’s about axe/axe with arms, disip, and tactics. It’s also way easier to use, just have to keep signet of fury up.

Full buffs and full conditions on golem:
21kdps on strength runes giving ~90 average might output
24kdps on scholar runes giving ~50 average might output
They can go even higher with a constant supply of fire fields.

It still doesn’t come close to condi PS, however…

GS builds only top out around 17kdps on the golem with ~70 average might output, but the rotation is so complex that it often doesn’t work out with all the various raid mechanics.

I wish they would just buff power warrior in general, particularly hundred blades. It deserves to be much better than this super easy axe build and I think it’s ridiculous that the condi version is as strong as it is.

(edited by SneakyTouchy.6043)

in Warrior

Posted by: ADTempys.6382

ADTempys.6382

Im pretty sure scholar raids buff GS only is around 23k. But still way behind condi ans even more in real fights

in Warrior

Odokuro.5049

I really hope after PoF drops that they improve certain power-based builds to be competitive with their condi-based brethren. No one should feel like they’re being forced to play something else, just so they aren’t an anchor around their teams throats in whatever content it may be.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

All ur dps and might comes from GS. Mace/ shield or mace/mace is for breaker which is the only thing power war is better at than Condi

GS is old news and kind of a meme. Axe/Axe generates just as much if not more might and has better uptime on BP, and is much higher DPS.

GS was basically murdered with the BP change.

in Warrior

Odokuro.5049

This is what I am thinking of ending up on, I would have additional weapons in my inventory, such as a longbow (For ranged things.)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJMQRAnX5enckC1egdfA+dAEliliAzYA0BDAJBhfwz7d4mcfuA-jxBBABGq/Br9HlfVq+DBHBgKOJAnpEEgHAw7ABgVVVb722WTbbbbrUA6p1C-e

Only thing I may change is perhaps swapping out the food/util for dumplings/toxic crystal and the runes for strength to help with might gen.

Any ideas/suggestions?