Soloing Arah.

Soloing Arah.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Would camping greatsword provide the highest DPS when soloing, or is swapping between GS and axe/mace still the best? I imagine the vulnerability stacks would be far less useful when soloing.

Soloing Arah.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xytl.8659

Xytl.8659

I do not solo Arah so it may be different for the dungeon, but depending on the traits you’re running, you’re getting about 15 stacks of vuln going through an axe/mace combo (assuming sundering strikes is part of the build). If you’re running 6/5/0/0/3 then you definitely have the weapon swap speed to take advantage of the extra 15% damage, especially during Hundred Blades.

Aratyl ~Gate of Madness
Co-Leader of the Get Fresh Crew

Soloing Arah.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

In Arah you’re mostly only killing bosses (and running through everything else) and they’re so resistant to vulnerability, you can’t get anywhere near 15 stacks on them. Also, I’m using Strength runes which benefit from the GS auto attack crits, I am using SIgil of battle on my mace(and night sigil on axe) to offset that some…but I’m wondering if it’s better to just stick with GS and toss a blood lust sigil on one of my offhand weapons instead.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Soloing Arah.

in Warrior

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

You’ll most likely camp gs for the might stacking provided you can hundred blades/ ww the boss. For though fights where you can’t hundred blades easily ( non record lupi) or unpractical for staying still ( abom) switching to axe won’t be as detrimental. Don’t hesitate to switch when you need a block, though.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Soloing Arah.

in Warrior

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

From what i’ve heard its better to camp gs than swapping to axe+mace for solo’s dps, because gs can stack vuln on auto atacks, and all the might stacks you get from camping gs are more beneficial for soloing than the vuln you can get with axe+mace, so your personal dps is higher if camping gs.

But this changes if you are in a group, the vuln from axe+mace is more beneficial for the group’s dps than stacking might to yourself from camping gs, so in group you go 6/5/0/0/3