Some Ideas to Improve Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Due to dislike of good part of warrios about how to carry his banner without to lock weapon skills, i thought some sugestions to buff and make banners more fun without keep out warrior theme.

To the point, look in atachements a list of changes in passive and active skills:

Here some explanations:
- Stow Banner is a burst skill only avaliable when wielding some banner, and will make the warrior put the banner in back suport, allowing him to carry the banner and wield weapons or another thing. Only one banner can be stowed at once, if one banner are stowed and the warrior are holding another banner and uses f1 skill, the alredy stowed banner will be swaped to hand.
- Summon Banner starts 25s cd when banner vanishes.
- Summon Banner change to Wield Banner skill while the respective Banner are in the world. This skill will change to previous Summon Banner when the respective banner vanishes.
- Wield Banner has 10s cd, 1200 range, and make the warrior wield his (own) banner if any other player are wielding.
- Wield Banner will make warrior make a subit movement (like teleport) to respective banner and wield, allowing to use banner skills. This skill also remove every stowed banner of back suport.
- Wield Banner could share cd if more than 1 banner are in the world.
- The trait Inspiring Battle Standard could be removed of game and replaced by another trait.
- That compassionate banner skill not grants regeneration, only heals.

I think are good and no op way to pair banners with others summons, and also improve build diversification, sustain, team weight, and skilfull play.

Its all for now

Attachments:

(edited by JETWING.2759)

in Warrior

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

The only thing I’d really want from banners is an adrenal F1 skill. Something as simple as a shout-like effect (To the Limit! (?)) that heals neaby allies and yourself for 1-2-3k (+1.0) and provides protection for a few seconds would go a long way to make these a very fun tool and provide bits of diversity and sustain that isn’t tied to massive self regeneration or other shouts.

I just feel like this is a lost opportunity here.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Before you can improve banners , they must be first destructable.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

Destructable?
They can’t move itself, they can’t attack, they can’t defend itself, they can’t interrupts, they can’t cc oponnent, they can’t deal condition, they can’t do anything alone.

You suposse that a inanimated pole can be destructable
I don’t agree.
But…
If make they destructable, i think the impovements need be very better

(edited by JETWING.2759)

in Warrior

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

I think that the point of banners is to be primitive and effective. They’re relatively weak, but they’re there and there’s no way of removing them. That feels very warriory to me, which is right in theme. The adjustment I suggested wouldn’t be a buff to planted banners, but rather, worn banners/actually fighting with them, which isn’t really a thing right now in sPvP.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

before making them destructible, make them movable, can deal damage, can do cc, can deal condition damage. oh did i mention can spam blind?

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Destructable?
They can’t move itself, they can’t attack, they can’t defend itself, they can’t interrupts, they can’t cc oponnent, they can’t deal condition, they can’t do anything alone.

You suposse that a inanimated pole can be destructable
I don’t agree.
But…
If make they destructable, i think the impovements need be very better

So what you are saying is that they are just like ranger spirits. Except it’s completely o.k. for their stuff to be destructible, just not yours. Typical warrior forum post.

before making them destructible, make them movable, can deal damage, can do cc, can deal condition damage. oh did i mention can spam blind?

Ohhh we have a poster that hasn’t learned his proper place. Allow me to educate you then.

The warrior banners are already movable. It simply requires someone to…..(quick horror movie gasp) pick them up. I know, that’s an awful lot of trouble to go through for such a meaningless buff. Yes you did just detect sarcasm. You see warrior players are largely lazy. Not all of them, there are some gems around here. They will pick up their banners, and they will move them, and they will even use them. I know, terrifying.

Second banners are already far more varied than spirits. Do you want me to give you a side by side comparison? It will just make you look bad, but I don’t mind. First go look at these two pages. Really read them, because it’s painfully obvious to everyone here you don’t have a clue what you are talking about.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Banner
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spirit

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

We don’t want banners become spirits, we just want a summon with less punishement to user.
Actually banners reward only allyes with his stats, for the warrior left the annoyng job of take care and to carry while his skills are locked.
- Or the player fights, or carry the banner. Never the two things at same time!.
- Banner strength #2 are useless.
- Banner defense #2 are useless.
- Banner tactics #2 have horrible sinergis with Inspining Battle Standard.
- Banner battle lasts only 60s instead 90, and his bonuses are ridicuous if compared with FGJ + Warhorn.
- Banner #4 are completly useless.

For me and most of warriors, banners aren’t ok

in Warrior

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

I’d really just like to see banners being stowed on back to allow you to carry them around without having to haul them around as weapons all the time. It would stop randoms from running off with your banner and actually make using them less of a nuisance.
I really love my banners regen effect and I would absolutely love what I can imagine my warrior looking like with a banner on his back.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

The warrior banners are already movable. It simply requires someone to…..(quick horror movie gasp) pick them up. I know, that’s an awful lot of trouble to go through for such a meaningless buff. Yes you did just detect sarcasm. You see warrior players are largely lazy. Not all of them, there are some gems around here. They will pick up their banners, and they will move them, and they will even use them. I know, terrifying.

Well captain sarcasm, you are missing a rather obvious piece of the puzzle.

Shouts.

Compare the Cast Time of Shouts to Banners.

Banners: 1 Second to Summon, 1 Second to Pickup, 1 Second Cast Time. You can then quick drop with ~ which will bug your weapon swap or slam with #5 which is an additional 1 second.

Want to go grab your banner again during battle? 1-2 seconds to run over, 1 Second to Pickup, 1 Second Cast Time.

Any smart opponent will lure you away from your banner, forcing you to leave it in the dust… or he’ll demolish you during that 3 second period where you’re standing still, completely defenseless trying to use your banner.

Now Shouts…..

Shouts: 0 CT, Can be used even when stunned or knocked down or mid-swing. Short cooldowns, meaning they’e effectively mobile.

All I want to see is banners brought up and made more mobile to be on par with Shouts. Wearable banners is one solution.

(edited by Dand.8231)

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Banners do not need any complex buffs.

Just give banners a active skill on the utility bar.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Stow Banner would be the single greatest change they have made to the warrior yet. Maintaining that only the warrior can stow his own banners and I think it’d be really solid. Aesthetically it also makes sense, standard bearers and back banners are a thing after all. I feel it would also be quiet balanced so long as it’s limited to one banner at a time, it’s not like with Ranger spirits where they have an entire group of them following the ranger around. The effects are also rather tame compared to most “summons” other classes have (spirits, minions, turrets, spirit weapons, elements).

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

What about make a trait that summon a “Flag man” to carry the banner for you with the F1 when you pick up a banner. The “Flag man” can be killed and the banner will be dropped to ground. But he will carry the banner following you around spirit unbound…

The Flag man should have roughly 70-80% hp of the owner. He is also able to use the banner skill to provide more benefit to the allies.

(edited by Crossaber.8934)

in Warrior

Posted by: Myzaky.4962

Myzaky.4962

Flag Man + Stow Banner = Chuck Norris approves