Some help with berserker pls - sPvp

in Warrior

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

hello fellow warriors,
back in the day i was playing warrior a lot and now i want to try the berserker. i played an aggressive condi build (sword/horn – bow) before and wanted to revive that playstyle with the berserker.
i have tried many combinations but sword/torch – mace/shield has worked good for me so far.
-> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRBMhl21ITHUFilhgjHwJilpA74IEAGZKBhaXP490+artA-TJhHAB0+EACa/BAOJAIVGAA
obviously this is just a rough blueprint, i guess there’s a lot of specific things that could be improved.
the first question that comes to mind is the placement of the weapons. right now there’s an aggressive set (s/t) and a defensive one (m/s). i thought that perhaps it would be wise to swap the torch with the shield because the f1 stun could hold them in my fire field. on the other hand with the sword i am able to close gaps should my prey gain distance.
another thought was to exchange shield for sword. there’s also a block on it and though it’s not as powerful the cd is shorter and it comes with some more conditions. on the other hand the stun is very nice and the block very useful since the build is somehow squishy.
i also thought about picking strengh instead of arms or discipline for the additional confusion and the endurance but i’m not so sure it does any good.
i also don’t know if the stances + signet are the preferred choice but double stab has helped me survive a lot more than endure pain has. also berserker stance helps out with pressure from condis (since i don’t pick ire) and with adrenaline gain in order to go into berserk.

well, my basic question is: how would you modify that build while keeping it’s intended functionality (condispam with sword and mace) intact?

in Warrior

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

hello fellow warriors,
back in the day i was playing warrior a lot and now i want to try the berserker. i played an aggressive condi build (sword/horn – bow) before and wanted to revive that playstyle with the berserker.
i have tried many combinations but sword/torch – mace/shield has worked good for me so far.
-> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRBMhl21ITHUFilhgjHwJilpA74IEAGZKBhaXP490+artA-TJhHAB0+EACa/BAOJAIVGAA
obviously this is just a rough blueprint, i guess there’s a lot of specific things that could be improved.
the first question that comes to mind is the placement of the weapons. right now there’s an aggressive set (s/t) and a defensive one (m/s). i thought that perhaps it would be wise to swap the torch with the shield because the f1 stun could hold them in my fire field. on the other hand with the sword i am able to close gaps should my prey gain distance.
another thought was to exchange shield for sword. there’s also a block on it and though it’s not as powerful the cd is shorter and it comes with some more conditions. on the other hand the stun is very nice and the block very useful since the build is somehow squishy.
i also thought about picking strengh instead of arms or discipline for the additional confusion and the endurance but i’m not so sure it does any good.
i also don’t know if the stances + signet are the preferred choice but double stab has helped me survive a lot more than endure pain has. also berserker stance helps out with pressure from condis (since i don’t pick ire) and with adrenaline gain in order to go into berserk.

well, my basic question is: how would you modify that build while keeping it’s intended functionality (condispam with sword and mace) intact?

A few things you wanna consider:

1) Traiting strength instead of arms (you gain traits that allow you to inflict bleeding, weakness and confusion on CC skills),
2) Running Cleansing Ire with slow hitting weapons like mace for adrenaline generation,
3) Shield instead of torch not only greatly improves your survivability but also has good synergy with the strength traitline and Sundering Mace.

If you like the sword mainhand, you can keep it. I’m not a big fan of it because it makes your damage reliant on constant pressure whereas mace is more bursty and allows you to play more defensively and turn the fight around with a single well-timed interrupt followed by a geo/doom swap.

Personally, I run a mace/sword /shield build in solo queue (str/def/zerk, carrion with traveler runes). Tons of defense and on demand burst is what makes it so great imo. It plays slightly different from power berserker builds, you wanna use F2 as a damage skill and immediately follow with a rage F1>weapon swap.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRApc5enMdAVhgdhAmkCkigFiAzIA8B7ZIngcwI494+cjuA-TJRHwAp3fIwJBAZZAAPBAA

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles