Spellbreaker Bursts

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: Cmex.1408

Cmex.1408

As most cheapest elite specialization (its true), can we ask ArenaNet for whole new Spellbreaker themed burst (with shiny golden animations) for all available to warrior weapons?

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

I think all bursts should remove two boons, and the dagger burst should get some other effect, like cripple and weakness.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

I was pretty surprised that spellbreaker seemed to have even less depth than berserker, and I was disappointed in the lack of depth then, too

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

I was pretty surprised that spellbreaker seemed to have even less depth than berserker, and I was disappointed in the lack of depth then, too

its kind of true
reused animations (sofar), boon removal… and a counter… not really setting the world on fire… at least berzerker literally did that :P

The berserker primal bursts really changed the class to make its bursting faster paced, at-least it felt like a change to warrior.

really, all we really got with Spellbreaker is a cool counter, boonstrip does not feel new.
Really the elite is the real talking point here, counter only really shines when the enemy is also shining. And boons being stipped is not the end of the world to an enemy, hell i belive other classes still have better boonstrip already, especially when talking about reapers who corrupt the boons, arguably better.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

The Spellbreaker is all about incentivizing people to play a shutdown build. Rather than just GS/Axe all day every day. Boon stripping is just part of the incentive because there has been and there will still be a ton of stability being spammed in PvP/WvW so giving the Warrior the ability to boon strip, allows him to play the Hammer set-up without worrying about people having a ton of stability. He can just feed off of that to boost his damage.

Interrupts and increased damage on interrupts is where the power is at. Get it right guys, get it right.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Jzaku.9765

The Spellbreaker is all about incentivizing people to play a shutdown build. Rather than just GS/Axe all day every day. Boon stripping is just part of the incentive because there has been and there will still be a ton of stability being spammed in PvP/WvW so giving the Warrior the ability to boon strip, allows him to play the Hammer set-up without worrying about people having a ton of stability. He can just feed off of that to boost his damage.

Interrupts and increased damage on interrupts is where the power is at. Get it right guys, get it right.

Except your cc = boon strip minor trait doesn’t work on targets with stab so… ??

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: gnotshr.9136

gnotshr.9136

Except your cc = boon strip minor trait doesn’t work on targets with stab so… ??

You first strip the stability with another skill, then CC for the additional boon strip(s).

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Dagger burst strips two boons regardless as does winds of disenchantment and break enchantments. Not to mention boon strip sigils.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Dirame.8521

From what I remember, it does. But maybe it’s just my eyes, I might have to get them checked.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Jzaku.9765

From what I remember, it does. But maybe it’s just my eyes, I might have to get them checked.

I specifically tested it with a friend, it does not.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

I was hoping for every weapon having different burst skills since we are forced into level 1 bursts.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Dirame.8521

I was hoping for every weapon having different burst skills since we are forced into level 1 bursts.

I was hoping ranged weapons would have a ranged Full counter instead. Would make things more hilarious.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

As most cheapest elite specialization (its true)

No its not. Spellbreaker is extremly strong and viable, and will be used alot.

the cheapest elite spec is Renegade. Warrior will always be one of Anets loving childs. Stop crying.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: Blackwaltz.7156

Blackwaltz.7156

the cheapest elite spec is Renegade. Warrior will always be one of Anets loving childs. Stop crying.

No. You’re wrong.
Spellbreaker compared to Holosmith and Soulbeast looks like an afternoons work compared to a weeks for those other two mentioned.
Reharshed animations on new weapon, no new bursts, new skills and most traits very poorly thought out.
And most of all, incredibly low output on dagger mainhand.

Am I wrong? Compare Axe mainhand to dagger and see what I mean, or even Sword mainhand when condi. Dagger is very bland and weak in output. From what I saw that weekend, power warrior will still be bottom tier.

Even if you go Str/Arms/SB tree, to do any reasonable damage, you lose the PS utility which is the prime reason to take warrior in pve content.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Haired Savage.5430

Red Haired Savage.5430

No. You’re wrong.
Spellbreaker compared to Holosmith and Soulbeast looks like an afternoons work compared to a weeks for those other two mentioned.
Reharshed animations on new weapon, no new bursts, new skills and most traits very poorly thought out.
And most of all, incredibly low output on dagger mainhand.

Am I wrong? Compare Axe mainhand to dagger and see what I mean, or even Sword mainhand when condi. Dagger is very bland and weak in output. From what I saw that weekend, power warrior will still be bottom tier.

Even if you go Str/Arms/SB tree, to do any reasonable damage, you lose the PS utility which is the prime reason to take warrior in pve content.

With the amount of other professions coughcoughSCOURAGEcoughcough able to generate their own might and onto parties pretty easily I’m not so sure on that.

Isle of Janthir
Norn Warrior #nornmodeisbestmode

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Am I the only one that believes a giant axe or greatsword SHOULD do more damage than a pigsticker?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Am I the only one that believes a giant axe or greatsword SHOULD do more damage than a pigsticker?

yes, as you can do more lifely harm quicker with that so called “pigsticker” than a huge hunk of metal people can hardly swing

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Blackwaltz.7156

yes, as you can do more lifely harm quicker with that so called “pigsticker” than a huge hunk of metal people can hardly swing

A giant axe or a greatsword SHOULD do more damage than a pigsticker.
Someone wielding a dagger should be more agile in fight.
Now look at greatsword and dagger mobility and compare.

No sense.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

A giant axe or a greatsword SHOULD do more damage than a pigsticker.
Someone wielding a dagger should be more agile in fight.
Now look at greatsword and dagger mobility and compare.

No sense.

except they dont in reality

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

The fact that people can’t see how powerful Spellbreaker really is makes me giggle. I can’t wait to go into PvP and WvW and just kitten stomp the hell out of plebs all day. Give it a week, warrior will be FotM and all your tunes will have changed.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

The fact that people can’t see how powerful Spellbreaker really is makes me giggle. I can’t wait to go into PvP and WvW and just kitten stomp the hell out of plebs all day. Give it a week, warrior will be FotM and all your tunes will have changed.

100% sure holo will be first month FOTM

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Pip Squeak.3418

You’re right it will. Once people start realizing how easy their attacks are to read though, they’ll fall in popularity I’m sure. Don’t get me wrong though, I LOVE Holosmith as well as Spellbreaker.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Blackwaltz.7156

You’re right it will. Once people start realizing how easy their attacks are to read though, they’ll fall in popularity I’m sure. Don’t get me wrong though, I LOVE Holosmith as well as Spellbreaker.

Are you implying Holosmith is easier to read than warrior? Because I really doubt that.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

lighter.2708

100% sure scourge/firebrand will be second month FOTM

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Dagger burst strips two boons regardless as does winds of disenchantment and break enchantments. Not to mention boon strip sigils.

I rather have boon corruption

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Then play necro instead.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Pip Squeak.3418

Are you implying Holosmith is easier to read than warrior? Because I really doubt that.

Did you try holosmith? It’s abilities are all HEAVILY telegraphed with massive obvious yellow glowing things.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

I still fail to see how boon stripping has been an issue in the past. And even then mesmers and corrupting necros already existed to that end.

Boon stripping just isn’t exciting.. and I’m certainly not gonna be giggling accomplishing such a task when I play warrior.

Especially when boons are re-applied just as quick as they we’re stripped and you’re on cool down.

Spellbreaker Bursts

in Warrior

lighter.2708

Did you try holosmith? It’s abilities are all HEAVILY telegraphed with massive obvious yellow glowing things.

never as easy to read as warrior as long as engi has stealth and easy access to quickness
and only the holosmith f5 part is telegraphed but not the whole class, can easily set up