Spellbreaker feedback

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: Blackwaltz.7156

Blackwaltz.7156

Greetings.

Preliminary search results show that Spellbreaker will be a power/crit focused (Berserker) specialization. Attacker’s Insight, Meditation utilities lacking conditions whatsoever -except taunt-, Sun and Moon trait crit->heal.

Thank you ArenaNet for not making another condition focused Specialization for Warrior like Berserker. I was really bothered during whole HOT about it. I want to be able to have an elite that focuses on Conditions, but as an option – not being forced to it.

I gave up on HOT twice, with a bitter taste in my mouth both times, due to my favourite class being close to useless punchbag compared to it’s condi variant, while guardians thrived in their power dragonhunter awesomeness. All that was left was a torch lighting the path to uninstall.
Thank you for giving players options to play the way they want.

What I want to ask though is you adjust pve/pvp performance accordingly and not have this elite specialization left behind compared to the top dog elementalist and his thieving lackeys.
I cannot see why a offensively (critical) focused spec should be any less worthy in a group as the primary damage dealer.

Cannot wait to try it out this weekend. Will post further feedback once test is done.

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

ditto!!!!
(stupid 15 char rule)

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

I mean… look at the traits and abilities. It’s a pure PvP spec. Not only does it not have a lot of DPS related traits, it is, as you have said, not a condi spec, which means it’s not viable in PvE. Dagger seems like it deals Sword level damage while having some utility and no condi component.

Here is my feedback: the utility skills are trash. Imminent Threat might be the worst ability in the game. Even if the cooldown was halved it would still be bad. Actually no, that’s not the worst ability in the game, the Spellbreaker’s heal might take that spot. Completely unusable in PvE since it dispels your protection/aegis/regeneration and all of those might stacks AND completely unusable in PvP because it takes too long and you have to wait until you’re almost dead to use it so you don’t waste it on overhealing, not even talking about the cooldown.

As it stands now half of Spellbreaker’s kit is maybe good in PvP and totally worthless in PvE while the other half is totally useless everywhere. It may be a good duelist spec that outlasts people. Push far all game, go something like Longbow/Hammer with Paladin Amulet. Boon rip might allow you to win 1v1s against Ele/Engie/Mesmer and not just stall.

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Not only does it not have a lot of DPS related traits, it is, as you have said, not a condi spec, which means it’s not viable in PvE..

Power is completely viable in pve/raids, as long as the damage is there. If so, this might bring back the power PS for raids, if not, rip.
On your other points sadly I have to agree.

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

Not only does it not have a lot of DPS related traits, it is, as you have said, not a condi spec, which means it’s not viable in PvE..

Power is completely viable in pve/raids, as long as the damage is there. If so, this might bring back the power PS for raids, if not, rip.
On your other points sadly I have to agree.

I think Spellbreaker will have a viable DPS spec. Fully buffed, it will have over 300% Critical Damage. With a fast autoattack chain on dagger, and three strong bursts from Greatsword, Dagger and Full Counter, it is possible. Only testing will tell, however.

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Blackwaltz.7156

Ok.

Here’s the preliminary feedback for evening 1 of the demo weekend.

Spellbreaker is bland, boring, low mobility, low sustain and low damage spec.
All it can really do is remove boons, but that doesn’t stop the train of damage comming your way.
I am terribly disappointed. Especially when I looked to other specs like Deadeye.

Thank you ArenaNet for allowing us to have this demo weekend that way we can know weather to buy the expansion or not. And it’s the later for me.

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Ok.

All it can really do is remove boons, but that doesn’t stop the train of damage comming your way.
I am terribly disappointed. Especially when I looked to other specs like Deadeye.

Thank you ArenaNet for allowing us to have this demo weekend that way we can know weather to buy the expansion or not. And it’s the later for me.

try holosmith.. for real.. having a blast with it :-P feels like a warrior 2.0 with all burst skills on your bar.

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Blackwaltz.7156

try holosmith.. for real.. having a blast with it :-P feels like a warrior 2.0 with all burst skills on your bar.

Thing is, I already invested quite a bit on my warrior and I feel the archetype suited me more. Ofc I will try all the elites tomorrow, but I felt like warrior was my main spec.
I cannot stress enough how bad the elite plays.

But since people might start saying what would you change here’s a couple of recommendations:
—Daggers
1. Buff AA damage by 100%. -marauder amulet and im having like 1.5k crit autos for real?-
2. Buff 2nd skill cast time. It’s too slow in pvp. Heartseeker from rogue feels so much faster. It’s damage is low too, the slow duration is VERY slow when it rarely lands.
3. Buff 5th skill duration and damage.
4. Have 4th skill to do it’s 100% bonus damage all the time AND have 20% crit chance increased.
5. Have 3rd skill always land it’s stun component.
6. Dagger Burst is laughable. It’s like 2 with little bit more range. Damage low, Slow cast (animation), Effect boring and bland (remove 2 boons wow) – how about deal x300% dmg if no boons are removed and match swords’ 2nd skill range? Too much? maybe it’s an elite – should it compare to core weapons? Idk I just did a brief comparison to warrior rifle and deadeye rifle in my brain and I think it shouldn’t.

—Elite Spec
1.Many talents give flat bonuses. Make them more synergistic with other trees instead of flat bonuses.
2. If you keep flat bonuses buff them a lot. damage is going to be VERY low in pve.
3. The elite skill itself feels weak. It should do more than just boon strip. Not damage, how about making enemies standing in it be crippled or slowed.

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

Ok.

its true,all of it.

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: alairus.4521

alairus.4521

I’m loving warrior again in sPVP and WvW. We have good condi clear and great kitten age. The sustain is the same with Defense. I was running D\D with M/Sh and I was doing great.

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Ok.

LOL! Awww man. You actually cause a metaphorical tear to fall from eye with the contrast from ur OP. Felt like seeing a kid see his hero irl for the first time, and getting kittened on with every conceivable reality of the world.

I’d give you a hug if I could. I’d even put on a fluffy furry costume and give you a hug if it would help

Life leets you done sometimes, huh.

Holosmith srsly was swwwwwwweeeeeet tho when i tried it. It sucks we gotta relearn an entire new class and synergy but….its an option (so long as we get past the adventure box theme)!

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikali.9651

Mikali.9651

Ok.

LOL! Awww man. You actually cause a metaphorical tear to fall from eye with the contrast from ur OP. Felt like seeing a kid see his hero irl for the first time, and getting kittened on with every conceivable reality of the world.

I’d give you a hug if I could. I’d even put on a fluffy furry costume and give you a hug if it would help

Holosmith srsly was swwwwwwweeeeeet tho when i tried it. It sucks we gotta relearn an entire new class and synergy but….its an option (so long as we get past the adventure box theme)!

why are you provoking other people?

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Ok.

I’m not? Why are you misinterpreting things in such a negative way?
Are you trying to provoke me? I srsly would feel inclined to give him/her a hug if I could…..the contrast and disappointment I felt between their posts really made me feel bad for them.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikali.9651

Mikali.9651

Ok.

Are you trying to provoke me? I srsly would feel inclined to give him/her a hug if I could…..the contrast and disappointment I felt between their posts really made me feel bad for them.

sry but I don’t think any word you have just written is honest. I do not like sarcasm for no reason. Keep civil discussion

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Ok.

sry but I don’t think any word you have just written is honest. I do not like sarcasm for no reason. Keep civil discussion

I felt exactly the same as that guy when I saw the two posts. The first one is so optimistic, then the follow up’s like he’s been kicked in the teeth. Perhaps you simply misinterpreted the post, captain misery guts.

I played precisely five minutes today, in which I murderised an Engineer. Don’t really know what I’m doing at the moment, but I have to say that seeing my Warrior dancing about with daggers was…. Arousing. I think that Spellbreaker will at least be better than the spec for my other main – the poor, poor Revenant.

Spellbreaker feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

I did not do major testing, but it is better than Fire Brand, Renegade and Dead Eye (at least in sPvP). The damage was lower than I expected though and way too much emphasis on countering boons.