Spellbreaker in PvE?

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Posted by: Avipt.9632

Avipt.9632

At first i was so excited to see all the cool sound effects and animations on Spellbreaker reveal, then it seemed very PvP heavy oriented?
Im not sure tho since im not that cunning when it comes to guild wars and not PvP focused i wonder how the dmg is in PvE? If its even worth roaming around with daggers and zerker geared.

I never got the chance to try them out on beta

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

Spellbreaker will be strong in open world. I’m skeptical about fractals and raids though.

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

To be honest, i dont see much point of running in general pve, may be some boss fight/raid/dungeon, other than that, spell breaker offers no damage increase over berserker.

Axe raw damage is much higher than daggers and spell breaker offers no benefit to condition damage.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Avipt.9632

To be honest, i dont see much point of running in general pve, may be some boss fight/raid/dungeon, other than that, spell breaker offers no damage increase over berserker.

Axe raw damage is much higher than daggers and spell breaker offers no benefit to condition damage.

Yee i was afraid of that kinda tired of that tbh, hence why i was hoping for something fresh :P

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Posted by: Jarrish.5072

Jarrish.5072

This spec is very lackluster is PvE compared to Berserker.
In addition to the August 8th changes that significantly boosted Condition spec, Quite frankly I would miss headbutt too much :P

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

So Berserker…. a damage boosting spec… does more damage then a control/suppression spec…. UNPOSSIBLE.

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

So Berserker…. a damage boosting spec… does more damage then a control/suppression spec…. UNPOSSIBLE.

You don’t do more control or suppression as spellbreaker, as control/suppression comes from mace/shield/hammer anyway.

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

You don’t do more control or suppression as spellbreaker, as control/suppression comes from mace/shield/hammer anyway.

Fine…. Shutdown build… or whatever you kids are calling now days… with your rock and roll and your slip and slides…..

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Everything in PvE is total garbage if not a condi warrior using berserker, sadly. It’s not that base warrior is nerfed to the point of being impossible to do anything with anymore, it’s just that condi warrior has been buffed so tremendously that everything kind of pales in comparison to it.

It was a bit ambitous of me to hope that maybe the dagger MH for warrior would have a good autoattack chain and that the traits would offer great tradeoffs for losing arms/discipline/berserker, but sadly that is not the case. This elite specialization is strictly for WvW and PvP.

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Avipt.9632

Well i thought scourge was meant as a support spec, but ive seen what they are capable of :P

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Compare the power warrior to a power guardian.
The guardian is able to grab a ridiculous amount of power based damage modifiers while those continue to be lacking on warrior. But you need that amount of damage modifying traits to keep up with condition specs nowadays. Let alone the problem with the gutted synergy between Berserker (primal bursts) and Berserker’s Power. Their names are actually quite ironic.

Now compare power to condition on warrior.
Arms and Berserker are two of the best condition damage based trait lines in the entire game. Especially after the recent buff to Arms. The fact that we can grab Tactics for the support while still providing top level DPS says a lot.
We hoped Spellbreaker would have a single trait per trait level dedicated to power damage. To make it a power based alternative to the Berserker as well as for the dagger auto to be on par with other strong auto attacks. Neither happened. The entire traitline is build around dealing with different situations and enemies in PvP instead.

There is indeed very little reason to bring a power warrior over a condition warrior outside of burst situations like in dungeons. But then even that burst had to take a few nerfs recently.

(edited by Henry.5713)

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

Compare the power warrior to a power guardian.
The guardian is able to grab a ridiculous amount of power based damage modifiers while those continue to be lacking on warrior. But you need that amount of damage modifying traits to keep up with condition specs nowadays. Let alone the problem with the gutted synergy between Berserker (primal bursts) and Berserker’s Power. Their names are actually quite ironic.

Now compare power to condition on warrior.
Arms and Berserker are two of the best condition damage based trait lines in the entire game. Especially after the recent buff to Arms. The fact that we can grab Tactics for the support while still providing top level DPS says a lot.
We hoped Spellbreaker would have a single trait per trait level dedicated to power damage. To make it a power based alternative to the Berserker as well as for the dagger auto to be on par with other strong auto attacks. Neither happened. The entire traitline is build around dealing with different situations and enemies in PvP instead.

There is indeed very little reason to bring a power warrior over a condition warrior outside of burst situations like in dungeons. But then even that burst had to take a few nerfs recently.

Power Warrior needs two damage modifiers in Arms and an additional damage modifier in Tactics in order to be able to compete with Condi Warrior. Berserker already has a 7% and 10% damage modifier for Power. Also, Arms needs an additional rework so that all the + Condition Damage bonuses provide Power as well.

Spellbreaker would need a 10% damage modifier to be added somewhere to compete with Power Berserker. The only damage modifier Spellbreaker currently has is an adept trait. I’d tack on some sort of damage modifier to Magebane Tether and reduce the might output slightly.

In addition, Greatsword, Axe and Dagger damage need a 10-20% damage boost.

Only then will we see Power catch up to Condi.

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Just need to double the damage of counter, buff the base damage of several weapons (especially daggers) and it might compete with at least core power warrior.

Right now counter for PVE is not worth giving up level 3 bursts, and dagger isn’t worth using over axe. Especially mainhand dagger.

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Just need to double the damage of counter, buff the base damage of several weapons (especially daggers) and it might compete with at least core power warrior.

Right now counter for PVE is not worth giving up level 3 bursts, and dagger isn’t worth using over axe. Especially mainhand dagger.

I would say that power-discipline-spell is the only sort of viable thing for pve and only for the crit healing from wielding Axe+dagger.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I want to point out that it’s very possible that high level PvE content in PoF might have enemies that attack more often and spam boons Spellbreaker might be more effective. Also, something I would like to see tried would be Arms-Strength/Discipline-Spellbreaker. There’s a ton of synergy traits wise there. The Runes of the Spellbreaker gives 7% more dmg vs boonless foes so combine that with pure strike and that’s 21% more critical damage. The dagger autos first 2 attacks also do 15% more critical damage. With Wounding Precision and and Rending Strikes you should be applying a ton of vuln and if they fix Dual Wielding to affect daggers and you might have something there. The increased condi dmg aspect is semi wasted but you’ll be throwing out a lot of bleeds so it’ll still be some extra damage. Combine that with Berserker’s Power, which you can keep up by going Dagger Burst, Counter, Burst on either weapon set (probably with GS). Both Daggers and GS have good personal Might generation as well, especially with Magebane Tether. Seems potentially decent for at least open world stuff.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Spellbreaker in PvE?

in Warrior

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

In PvE, can’t Full Counter be useful for tanking though? The cooldown is only 8 seconds, (according to WP) it stops anything, and it’s followed by evade frames to boot. Combine that with mace/shield and a lot of health, signet of healing and the usual survival/support utilities and you’re going to give a hard time to a computer-controlled creature to kill you. You also get a big Taunt skill for whatever it’s worth. (I know GW2 taunt is not the typical MMO taunt.)