Stance Downside?

Stance Downside?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kheo.2504

Kheo.2504

As far as I can tell, stances have no downside.

No cast time, no way of being removed, no reduction to other stats in exchange for your immortality, it’s ridiculous.

For example, the Guardian ELITE skill, Renewed Focus, gives 3 seconds of invulnerability while channeling and takes virtues off cooldown, but prevents capturing points.

The Warrior utility skill, Endure Pain, gives 4 seconds of invulnerability, is a stun-break, and doesn’t prevent capture contribution. This invulnerability can be stretched to 7 seconds by activating Defiant Stance as soon as Endure Pain wears off, still not preventing capture and still not removable.

How is this fair in any way?

Life doesn’t give me lemons anymore, not after what happened last time.

Stance Downside?

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

They self only and long cooldown.

Heiann – NSP

Stance Downside?

in Warrior

Posted by: Gandrogh.1530

Gandrogh.1530

And guardian got more skills than warrior to survive.

/w Gandrogh Warlord
/w Gandrogh The Fallen
Vizunah’square

Stance Downside?

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Endure Pain isn’t invulnerability. Condi can still kill you and you can still be CCed.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Stance Downside?

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Short duration and long cd. Defiant stance is crap. Plus as was mentions endure pain only works on direct damage not condi. Berserker only stops new condis from hitting doesn’t stop ones already on u and no damage reduction. Balance stance can be removed because it just gives u stability with can be removed.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Stance Downside?

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Endure Pain isn’t invulnerability. Condi can still kill you and you can still be CCed.

Not only that, you can also still be critically hit which can trigger many Condi based traits and Sigils.

And as others said, once those stances wear off they have huge cool downs. The reason you see a lot more Last Stand Wars is because of that. Getting an extra second or 2 can be vital.

You should be more worried about some of the new Rage skills. Now we’ll have 2 stun breakers on a 10 and 20 second cool down and a trait that gives us extra armor and heals us when we use them. Oh, and we’ll be able to have another stun break on going Berserk and will have pulsing Stability.

It might not end up being good, but on paper it at least sounds fun. We’ll see soon enough.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Stance Downside?

in Warrior

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

You can still be pushed off the point if you’re using endure pain.

Stance Downside?

in Warrior

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

This.

Also, Virtues are pretty strong… Recharging them + going completely invulnerable is hardly comparable being immune to physical damage only with no other benefits.

Yes, Warrior can be pretty tough but a few things to remember: Warrior is primarily a melee profession. They have only 2 ranged weapons. Which means they need to be hardy to deal with damage since they’re going to constantly be in peoples faces. Look at Thieves and how quickly they die without Blinds/Stealth/Dodges. If a Thief just tries to AA you with dagger he melts in two hits. Warrior is much the same. That’s why they need high passive defenses and health.

Also stances are not invulnerability. They are immunities. There’s a difference between the two. Invulnerability means you cannot hurt the player at all. You can’t CC them, apply conditions to them, damage them, nothing. Immunity is being unable to harm a player with a specific type of attack. Endure Pain = cannot physically harm but can still CC/apply conditions. Berserker Stance = cannot apply conditions but can still physically harm and can still CC. Warrior has no invulnerability, they are just hardy.

Yes, stances are insta-cast and they are very powerful. I fully agree. But a Warrior without stances tends to be quite vulnerable unless they are built more tanky. If anything, it’s bad that stances are so good because it cuts down build diversity.

They are far from OP though which is what you’re insinuating so just learn to counter it… Example: When I’m fighting a Warrior on my conditionmancer I bait out Berserker Stance by applying some weak conditions. Once they pop it, I hop in to Death Shroud, go defensive, try to avoid attacks for the duration of the stance, then I go full offensive as soon as it wears off. Do the same for Endure Pain. All it really is is a block that allows you to keep attacking… Guards have lots of those. It’s called Aegis.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Stance Downside?

in Warrior

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

Guardian have high armor, protection, aegis, regen. It is fair. Just wait it out and you will be fine. Kite, stealth, dodge, block, L2P.

Stance Downside?

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

As far as I can tell, stances have no downside.

No cast time, no way of being removed, no reduction to other stats in exchange for your immortality, it’s ridiculous.

For example, the Guardian ELITE skill, Renewed Focus, gives 3 seconds of invulnerability while channeling and takes virtues off cooldown, but prevents capturing points.

The Warrior utility skill, Endure Pain, gives 4 seconds of invulnerability, is a stun-break, and doesn’t prevent capture contribution. This invulnerability can be stretched to 7 seconds by activating Defiant Stance as soon as Endure Pain wears off, still not preventing capture and still not removable.

How is this fair in any way?

As long as BS such as distortion + instant cast bursts and d/d ele exists, stances don’t deserve nerfs

And Warrior IS meant to hold points even as a glass cannon or a bunker. That’s what they have that is special over other classes which is the ability to delay a point no matter what.

But if you’re complaining about Warrior damage, which has SO MUCH counterplay, while the stances are up then there is something wrong with you AS A PLAYER and YOU NEED TO PLAY BETTER. You want to be seen as an inferior player who dies to Warrior when Warrior is the most balanced class in the game? Be my guest.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

Stance Downside?

in Warrior

Posted by: KhainPride.3987

KhainPride.3987

A good guardian should always kill a good warrior

<<mains warrior

<<has total of 100 hours on guardian

<<guardian is easy mode

If i run a shout guardian with AH(non medi build) against warrior, i should win.

on that note, i have had a 100% kill rate against guardians in t3. Seriously guys in t3 get good or just stay on your condi mesmers.

(edited by KhainPride.3987)

Stance Downside?

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hey, i thought free accounts do not have forum posting privileges?