Standard Vanilla Tank Warri

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Wvw Roaming / Small Scale

Nothing special, but still all around good. L2War on this, great build for new players. Hits pretty hard and can take a lot of punishment.. better against power then against condi, but can deal with both.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAneRjMdQVI2FCOeAnIG6BKtNC/0wCgPICwaYxjBA-T1CEABwv/QhKBB4BAoneACOCAQcIAmUdlsPBANqSRUK/iTTw3ABgRkA8//3kkEhAEMGA-w

Its extremely important for warrior (especially vanilla because of lower frequency and harder ot land) these days to land burst for Adrenal Health. You can hit pets, moskitos, illusions – anything – just make sure you do hit SOMETHING or your sustain will go downhill fast and all your tankyness wont do much because of lack of healing.

Full ascended stats: 4.3k+ armor, 2.8k+ power, 42%+ crit, 170%+ crit dmg

Before i got banned again (sigh..) I was talking about a new warrior build – it was something like this but with berzerker trait line, different runes etc.. – turns out though vanilla is about as powerfull if not even more powerfull.. so nvm just gogo vanilla, i’ll leave it to other guys to find a berserker spec that really beats vanilla, i didnt find any which would stand out enough vs something like this build.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: KhainPride.3987

KhainPride.3987

Very good build, i wish you never posted this. This is one of the builds i ran many many years ago and recently run it from time to time. Hits hard.

Only way berserker spec will hit harder than vanilla is if berserker/str/discipline lol

Good post mate

in Warrior

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

On the topic of vanilla tanking.

I’ve had decent luck tanking with Mace/Mace + Mace/Shield. All Berserker gear, vanilla traits STR/DEF/DISC. All stances for utility and healing skills.

I started off using a mix of offensive and defensive gear, but eventually went all Zerk because of the effectiveness of all the blocks/dazes/stuns/stances. I rarely dodge because of all the crazy ways this build has to reflect, block or just ignore damage. Damage is respectable given the amount of Vulnerability you can inflict with just a couple of hits.

I can’t get used to the warrior’s great sword no matter how much I try. It’s a weird weapon. Obviously your build has better burst potential with main hand axe and GS second set. But I’ve found that Mace/Mace really punishes the aggressive players, which is most players

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

This is why I like that attributes were moved from traits to gear. The traits and skills used here can (and do) work with zerk gear as well, but with different results.

As for the build itself, I know Durability runes are all the rage at the moment, but Defender might be a better choice since your armor is already so high and the extra healing would go a long way. Pack might be a good alternative if you still want to provide group support.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

lol yeah those defender runes are prolly even more broken then durability, i remember duelling someone with those. but tbh runes arent the important/defining part of this build – slap on whatever you want, even scholar. i picked dura because i love the extra health (base health warrior is a bit too low for me) and the rune bonus works well in small groups which i often join in wvw – plus its toughness based for added power and boon duration for my SoR.

about GS – the damage i get out of it is comboing into Whirlwind with hydro and leeching (signet of air in the build) after landing axe burst. gs auto hits hard and is as easy as every other melee weapon. 100b – just for cleaving on downed actually. gs 4 you can use it but its easily sidestepped, just like GS #5 which rarely hits a moving target. but GS 5 can do some huge mobility if you get that added distance at the end and if it actually connects by accident its a hard hit… plus gs 4 into 5 make for some nice bursty engage when it lands – if not, who cares..

@that baby: the title is a bit misleading, this build isnt actually trying to tank well (yeah mace main be it there) – its just very very tanky

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

also on another note: this build does not work in pvp. you can keep sigils, weapons, most of the traits – but the armored attack principle thats the foundation of this build – it does not work in pvp, the damage reduction isnt as high and the damage output is very underwhelming – unlike in wvw with 25 bloodlust and asc gear. instead switch armored attack for defy pain and slap on berserker ammy and scholar runes and go full yolo.