Stat help vs power builds / General - WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Old Timez.5194

Old Timez.5194

Ive been currently running knights with a bit of vit mixed in and have like 3+k armor, taking advantage of the “Armored Attack” trait in defence for the extra power.

However I still feel like I die to enemy power builds very quickly in this patch. Sometimes I feel if it is even worth getting any defence stats, or should I just switch to full zerker, rely on auto endure pain, maybe double endure and zerker stance and hope to kill the guy faster, rather than going for a semi tanky build.

How is people finding roaming solo and in groups in this patch?

(edited by Old Timez.5194)

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

You have to find your comfort level. I usually run full zerk and you can get just lit up if you make a mistake, but armour is only going to carry you so far when auto attacks are still hitting you for 3k+.

You definitely can’t rely on your armour and just stay in the fight.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

I run full zerk too, and try to compensate the lack of armor by mobility (e.g. running sword+shield/GS) or active defense (e.g. running mace+shield/GS). Stances do help a lot, and I’ve also found Rousing Resilience a nice addition (just activate Balanced Stance, and you’ve suddenly become a berserker with 3.2k armor for about 8s).

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

You don’t have to run full berserker, if you have around 2300 power, 40% crit chance, 45% extra crit damage, some nice might generation and the strength traitline you can deal some decent damage without being glassy.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-kittenkP0e4kL-60;9;4dfh;0146137156;9;1qObSqObSN0lc0-35;3kVq0u1zY4_Aa5F-3-5V07qNYCq;9;9;9;9;9;54k3q

something like this maybe? It is a very basic, generic hammer/GS build with decent tankiness. Going really tanky you aren’t going to outsustain a power build. Also active defences are very important, like your dodges, endure pains, stabilities, blocks, mobility, condi removal etc.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

(edited by killahmayne.9518)