Static Swapping

Static Swapping

in Warrior

Posted by: Velleman.4823

Velleman.4823

Wondering how you all feel about the idea of static swapping of weapon sets. What I mean is just putting the same weapon types in the swap mostly just as a way to take advantage of swapping abilities/traits. Then you basically just swap whenever you can while using your normal or most effective weaponset.

For example, the 5 pt discipline minor trait adds 5 strikes of adrenaline and other big possibilities come from sigils that activate on swap.

Leeching is obviously a great choice and bascially means an extra 975 pt heal and an extra 975 pts damage every 9 seconds. Geomancer and Hydromancer sigils also seem very powerful. With the AoE bleed on swap I basically get a permanent 3 stack of bleeds on every enemy around me. Energy also seems like it has some potential with basically a free dodge every swap.

Of course this is all possible with two different weaponsets, but with the static swap things can be cheaper, and more importantly simpler for ones overall rotation. I’m sure the pros out there want to maximize their swapping with the abilities of multiple weaponsets but I sometimes just like the simplicity of sticking with what I know very well while still taking advantage of swapping bonuses.

Static Swapping

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

My concern with this idea is that you’ll hamstring yourself with your ability to adapt to situations. Sure, you might be comfortable just using a Rifle, but you’ll always be at a disadvantage. I’m always trying to improve my gameplay, which includes incorporating weapon transitions to combo abilities from both sets.

However, if you want to have simple fun, then by all means you can give it a shot. My other concern is people will try this, then get frustrated by other classes/complain about imbalance when they’re intentionally hamstringing themselves. I see enough unwarranted OP complaints to shave a cat on these forums that it makes me pensive.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Static Swapping

in Warrior

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

The problem is you’re limiting yourself on cooldowns.

A second different weapon set basically gives you an extra ~2-3 long cooldown abilities. Losing that is a big sacrifice for no particular reason (you could just as well weapon swap spam with a different weapon set).

The main purpose would be to heavily trait out a single weapon — for example, Hammer or Axe. Possibly GS is some vague non-reality.

Limited, but theoretically “maybe” … with one caveat: thatkittentactics trait for faster swaps is too awkward until they fix it.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.