Stick and Move as dmg bonus after dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: Romio.8516

Romio.8516

Stick and Move as a short buff after the dodging, similar to thief’s trait Bounding Dodger, would make it much more convenient to maintain the Traits uptime on warrior.
Currently, with Building Momentum and Might Makes Right procs it can be quite tricky, especially within the more sustain DPS environment, like PvE.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

+1

Damage Increase: 10% after a dodge , 4s Duration.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

Stick and Move as a short buff after the dodging, similar to thief’s trait Bounding Dodger, would make it much more convenient to maintain the Traits uptime on warrior.
Currently, with Building Momentum and Might Makes Right procs it can be quite tricky, especially within the more sustain DPS environment, like PvE.

Well, you wouldn’t take Might Makes Right in PvE. That’s what Berserker’s Power is for. I do agree though that Stick and Move is an inconvenient trait, especially when Burst skills restore endurance as well.

in Warrior

Romio.8516

Well, you wouldn’t take Might Makes Right in PvE. That’s what Berserker’s Power is for. I do agree though that Stick and Move is an inconvenient trait, especially when Burst skills restore endurance as well.

For Open World content I found Might Makes Right way much more useful actually, but that’s not the case of this topic anyway.
Without Might Makes Right, In Raid environment, Building Momentum with Primal Burst spam (due to perma Alacrity and Blood Reckoning) and perma Vigor restores warrior’s endurance so quick it makes quite hard to maintain Stick and Move uptime.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I like it better the way it is now, tbh.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Ur proposing the change to help ur own build, not for the sake of it making more sense for the class itself.

Given this change would inhibit my build and anyone’s build not stacking endurance…..NO!

The present system is intended so you ‘generally’ DON"t have 2 full dodges to spam/use with the +10% active. Spamming 2 dodges together with the uptime is 20k on glass build. It exists as it does to nerf itself without punishing people who don’t go endurance regen builds.

What you propose is a system to maintain 10% damage on builds with +100% endurance and up to 3 dodges in a row with energy and …..countless endurance applications on hit/might/whatever! That’s just one-sided.

Besides I don’t think any classes fighting warriors want to encourage more invulnerable spamming…..longer fights, joy.

Plus changes like this only tend to occur while the warrior is incombat. So we’ll have those awkward moments where we dodge opening strikes and we get punished for it since we have no endurance left and were not incombat still…

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Romio.8516

Ur proposing the change to help ur own build, not for the sake of it making more sense for the class itself.

Huh? This statement is actually a sophism known as Ad hominem and I consider it as rudeness.
Also, this is irrelevant for the topic of the discussion.

The present system is intended so you ‘generally’ DON"t have 2 full dodges to spam/use with the +10% active. Spamming 2 dodges together with the uptime is 20k on glass build. It exists as it does to nerf itself without punishing people who don’t go endurance regen builds.

What you propose is a system to maintain 10% damage on builds with +100% endurance and up to 3 dodges in a row with energy and …..countless endurance applications on hit/might/whatever! That’s just one-sided.

Besides I don’t think any classes fighting warriors want to encourage more invulnerable spamming…..longer fights, joy.

Plus changes like this only tend to occur while the warrior is incombat. So we’ll have those awkward moments where we dodge opening strikes and we get punished for it since we have no endurance left and were not incombat still…

I’m sorry, but I failed to understand what you’re trying to tell here. Might be my mediocre english.

Nevertheless, as a matter of fact, Stick and Move IS the same +dmg bonus after dodge, just with a random duration, since it depends on your endurance regeneration rate and random procs.
You can actually calculate it’s possible duration after one dodge:
One dodge requires 50 endurance and with base rate of 5% endurance regeneration per second it is base 10 seconds duration on Stick and Move after one dodge.
With Weakness this duration will be up to 15 seconds.
With Vigor – ~6.5 seconds.
Even shorter with Building Momentum procs (especially with Versatile Power, Smash Brawler, Blood Reckoning, Alacrity boon etc).
And extrimely short with Might Makes Right procs with Forceful Greatsword, Sigil of Strength etc., making Stick and Move barely usable. How does that “not for the sake of it making more sense for the class itself”!?
So what we have here, is that few Traits (one of which is unavoidable) in Strength warrior tree diminishes the effectiveness of another Trait. This is kitten design, In my opinion.

in Warrior

Juba.8406

Given this change would inhibit my build and anyone’s build not stacking endurance…..NO!

Please explain how ?!

I mean for real, throwing a dodge just to keep endurance bar empty for a 10% damage increase is very awkward.

Someone could suggest removing endurance bar and you will be happy !! , Endurance should be sought for, Not fought against.

This trait as it stands should be deleted, modified and get the same treatment of the old Berserker’s Power.

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

+1

I hate to see my endurance getting 100% during 100b

BUT both players with or without the new trait should benefit from this trait.
So to reach that goal is to give +10% dmg after you dodge for X seconds. (NO stacking)

And X second is the amount of seconds it take to gain 50 endurance without any endurance buffs like traits/vigor etc..

So both strength makes right players and players without it gain the exact same dmg buff..

in Warrior

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

While I understand that there are skills that work against eachother a little bit in this tree, as has been mentioned, you will reduce build diversity.

At the same time you make this 10% increase more accessible, you also make it overwhelmingly more efficient to take Endurance spam in order to make the most out of optimal damage output.

Your dodge rolls would do damage, provide invincibility frames, provide a flat 10% damage to anyone that keeps on dodge rolling…..

You effectively strip build options. Dodging is already so strong in PvP/WvW for example. It gives you Mitigation to an unlimited amount of damage for a small period of time. Why would anyone take anything but Might Makes right and endurance spam when they could essentially be a heavy armored thief with sustain, endure pains, and gain damage buffs WHILE gaining sustain in the form of more dodges?

I don’t think anyone endorsing this is considering how there has to be trade offs to having insane access to dodging. Like small health pools on thieves.

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

While I understand that there are skills that work against eachother a little bit in this tree, as has been mentioned, you will reduce build diversity.

At the same time you make this 10% increase more accessible, you also make it overwhelmingly more efficient to take Endurance spam in order to make the most out of optimal damage output.

Your dodge rolls would do damage, provide invincibility frames, provide a flat 10% damage to anyone that keeps on dodge rolling…..

You effectively strip build options. Dodging is already so strong in PvP/WvW for example. It gives you Mitigation to an unlimited amount of damage for a small period of time. Why would anyone take anything but Might Makes right and endurance spam when they could essentially be a heavy armored thief with sustain, endure pains, and gain damage buffs WHILE gaining sustain in the form of more dodges?

I don’t think anyone endorsing this is considering how there has to be trade offs to having insane access to dodging. Like small health pools on thieves.

Reduce build diversity?

Remember old berserkerpower trait? where you received dmg buff if you dont use burst… so in your opinion this is good because this creates build diversity and lets you choose what you want.. dmg buff or use burst skills..

What i remember Anet didnt liked these counter traits neither did the community..

Changing this trait doesnt reduce build diversity also because its in the same kitten traitline and its minor so you cant even swap the trait..

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

Ow another thing.
You say: a flat 10% dmg to annyone spamming dodges.. so uhm whats the difference with OPs suggestion? There is no difference..

in Warrior

CrashTheGrey.1492

I see that you missed my point entirely, let me try to say this very, very clearly.

Dodges are incredibly strong. ALWAYS having dodges to spam with 10% damage is much stronger than lets say taking Berserkers Power with 10% damage (you will have far less access to dodge by taking this).

With Might Makes Right in the equation, you would basically make it indispensable for anyone with PvP in mind. You also enforce more passive game play where dodge spam becomes more accessible.

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

I see that you missed my point entirely, let me try to say this very, very clearly.

Dodges are incredibly strong. ALWAYS having dodges to spam with 10% damage is much stronger than lets say taking Berserkers Power with 10% damage (you will have far less access to dodge by taking this).

With Might Makes Right in the equation, you would basically make it indispensable for anyone with PvP in mind. You also enforce more passive game play where dodge spam becomes more accessible.

Do you even know the current trait?

Dodge spam has Nothing to do with the current trait. Dodge and you gain 10% dmg buff.. that all you have to do right now. Nothing more.

Changing this trait to what OP mentioned doesnt change anything about the passive dmg boost.. with or without the trait might makes right..

What you complain is that the new strength makes right is OP in combination with new mentioned stick and move.. butevry warrior can stil benift from both traits now if ghey want. But its annoying to manage.. what OP mentions is so it plays better.. and so it doesnt counter eachother.. it is the exact same kitten we have been reading about the old berserkers power trait.

Edit: might makes right.. not strengtb makes right

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

@Crash. Maby read from the top.

The OP and me also mentioned. That it should be like
Dogde and gain 10% dmg boost for x seconds.. x seconds is the amount of how long it takes to get 50 endurance.. (normal.. so not with traits/vigor etc) and ofc this trait should never stack..

So if you take might makes right or not.. it doesnt matter.. if you can dodge spam or not. It doesnt matter

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

in Warrior

Romio.8516

Somehow I’m getting an idea not everyone replying here actually played warrior…

That is exectly what it currently does. Warror have damage at the end of his dodge roll. Dodge have invincibility frames. Warrior have 10% flat damage after dodge. As long as warrior keeps his endurance below 100% (read: keeps on dodge rolling), warrior maintain this 10% flat damage bonus. That is exectly how it works this days, regardless of traits you choose in Strength tree.
Might Makes Right procs just makes this “10% flat damage bonus” duration shorter, but nothing prevents warrior from dodge rolling to maintain this bonus. Warrior just have to dodge more often.

I don’t think anyone endorsing this is considering how there has to be trade offs to having insane access to dodging.

There is ALREADY a traid off, a huge and logic one: warrior trades off Berserker’s Power for Might Makes Right. Warrior trades 21% flat damage bonus for some actually not so flat sustain.
I don’t see why optional major trait Might Makes Right should be a trade off with mandatory minor trait Stick and Move. That makes no sense.
Also, “insane access to dodging” is a bit of exaggeration for you actually have to get a Might boon in order to proc Might Makes Right. And to get Might boon, you have to take some specific actions, e.g. spec Forceful Greatsword, hit tagret and get crit. Unless warrior activly apply might to himself, he gets nothing.
Also, I have to clerify here a bit: Might Makes Right isn’t anything like “nobrainer” for PvP. It’s a solid option indeed, but nothing really overpowered, for the reason I stated above.
In PvP enviroment warrior have notable less Might Makes Right procs and I believe most of good warriors, who actually knows when and what to dodge and how to sustain themselves, whould still run Berserker’s Power for flat damage. The best defense is a good offense, you know.

You also enforce more passive game play where dodge spam becomes more accessible.

Really, I fail to understand this. How is dodge spam becomes more accessible with proposed Stick and Move change!? Also, how “spam” comes along with “passive”!?
It is Might Makes Right that gives more options for endurance regenerations and thus – more potential dodges.

My initial proposal might not be optimal indeed. I actually would prefer to see a complete rework to the trait, for the “hit x to get +dmg for short duration” in it’s current form is quite boring and overlapping with other traits.
Would be great to hear some other thoughts on this case, fellow warriors.

in Warrior

CrashTheGrey.1492

Carefully read what Cerby said:

“[b]The present system is intended so you ‘generally’ DON”t have 2 full dodges to spam/use with the +10% active[/b]. Spamming 2 dodges together with the uptime is 20k on glass build. It exists as it does to nerf itself without punishing people who don’t go endurance regen builds.
What you propose is a system to maintain 10% damage on builds with +100% endurance and up to 3 dodges in a row with energy and …..countless endurance applications on hit/might/whatever! That’s just one-sided."

I don’t know if you’re all a bunch of PvE heroes or what, but the base mechanics here are being power creeped by your recommendations.

If you adjusted this buff to last the amount of time it takes to normally restore 50 endurance, you are right in saying that both options in the GM trait would have roughly the same access to this buff…

The catch is that this skill is specific to endurance not being full, and in PvP combat, you need to dig a little deeper to find out why they did that.

With Might Makes right, I can use dodge rolls with abandon, regaining Endurance very, very fast, especially so If I focus on might gathering. I can use it to dodge multiple attacks, and simultaneously, I am getting Passive Sustain, and Passive Damage from the might application by taking the GM trait Might Makes Right.

The Synergy is so strong that by both paths having access to the 10% through the USAGE of dodge rolling, the build that effectively avoids all damage it wants to via endurance spamming is far stronger than the on hit reliance of Berserkers Power.

Now when I PvP, good players see Arcing Slice and Decapitate coming. They can effectively negate all damage dealt by abusing I-Frames. This change you propose doesn’t just feed into higher survival through evade spam, it gives it much more even ground with passive damage boosts. Berserkers Power Relies on Application, dodge rolls do not.

A thief spams all glass because it can survive on high endurance ALONE. The synergy of always evading paired with flat damage increases becomes especially disgusting with this new trait, and although ArenaNet has poor balancing mechanics, "Stick and Move was designed with the intent to only be doing additional damage when the player has less access to dodge.

TL:DR Please understand the situational intent of this skill. Just because your filling your stupid bars up too fast with might/health/endurance doesn’t mean you power creep a spec.

(edited by CrashTheGrey.1492)

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

“[b]The present system is intended so you ‘generally’ DON”t have 2 full dodges to spam/use with the +10% active[/b]. Spamming 2 dodges together with the uptime is 20k on glass build. It exists as it does to nerf itself without punishing people who don’t go endurance regen builds.
What you propose is a system to maintain 10% damage on builds with +100% endurance and up to 3 dodges in a row with energy and …..countless endurance applications on hit/might/whatever! That’s just one-sided."

I don’t know if you’re all a bunch of PvE heroes or what, but the base mechanics here are being power creeped by your recommendations.

If you adjusted this buff to last the amount of time it takes to normally restore 50 endurance, you are right in saying that both options in the GM trait would have roughly the same access to this buff…

The catch is that this skill is specific to endurance not being full, and in PvP combat, you need to dig a little deeper to find out why they did that.

With Might Makes right, I can use dodge rolls with abandon, regaining Endurance very, very fast, especially so If I focus on might gathering. I can use it to dodge multiple attacks, and simultaneously, I am getting Passive Sustain, and Passive Damage from the might application by taking the GM trait Might Makes Right.

The Synergy is so strong that by both paths having access to the 10% through the USAGE of dodge rolling, the build that effectively avoids all damage it wants to via endurance spamming is far stronger than the on hit reliance of Berserkers Power.

Now when I PvP, good players see Arcing Slice and Decapitate coming. They can effectively negate all damage dealt by abusing I-Frames. This change you propose doesn’t just feed into higher survival through evade spam, it gives it much more even ground with passive damage boosts. Berserkers Power Relies on Application, dodge rolls do not.

A thief spams all glass because it can survive on high endurance ALONE. The synergy of always evading paired with flat damage increases becomes especially disgusting with this new trait, and although ArenaNet has poor balancing mechanics, "Stick and Move was designed with the intent to only be doing additional damage when the player has less access to dodge.

TL:DR Please understand the situational intent of this skill. Just because your filling your stupid bars up too fast with might/health/endurance doesn’t mean you power creep a spec.

It is hard to Power Creep an underperforming spec that needs a 50% DPS increase to be comparable to Condi Berserker.

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

Lol

Nothing changes at all..

NOTHING.

You talk about powercreep while there is no powercreep. OP suggestion is so that its not so annoying to gain this dmg buff.. . This dmg buff is there even if we dont change the trait at all. Its a quality change.
Yet you keep talking about powercreep and walls of text to call if a stupid change..

All you see is. More dodges!! More powererrrrr!!!?? Noo!!

(Where there is absolutely no more power then there is right now.. and the extra dodges means Less power because your missing berserkers power)

in Warrior

CrashTheGrey.1492

If you carefully read what I say (maybe english is a second language) there’s a lot of context you’re missing in my argument nicknamenick.

To Mikeskies, while I agree with your frustration (please refer to my multiple postings hating on ArenaNet for the Primal Burst nerf) that is technically a strawman argument you are making and I’m not gonna take the bait on that.

nicknamenick, all I have left to say to you is try and politely examine the INTENT of the current skill, and if there are not better ways to implement a change than something passive such as on dodge application. Maybe take a look at more than the selfish viewpoint of “well this trait would work better if I baseline this to dodges for the spec”.

I’m gonna go with the thinking that they put Might Makes Right in there knowing that the endurance regen has some balancing mechanics that already existed in this tree.

Whether you dislike the fact that ArenaNet wanted to keep higher damage off of someone with a full endurance bar is not relevant to balance. Might Makes Right is a new skill and it’s fairly obvious they took into consideration the non selectable traits of a tree this time.

I think anyone will agree that this class doesn’t suffer from a lack of ways to establish sustain, it lacks in its application of damage. It has huge tells, it is easily readable and avoidable. A warrior is a heavy armor wearing class meant to take a beating and dish it out. Changes should happen in different ways than dodge roll application.

in Warrior

Juba.8406

try and politely examine the INTENT of the current skill

Explain to me the INTENT of this Trait , politely please..

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

+1

I hate to see my endurance getting 100% during 100b

doesnt matter, buff can run out during 100b too if it’s a time duration buff

OT: i prefer the one right now, it’s way better, i’ve played the thief one mostly in raid, i prefer this one better, i don’t understand OP’s point of view, both forces you to dodge to maintain buff, while the warrior one can empty your endurance first and maintain a way longer buff, thief one, if you are forced to dodge an attack after you dodged for buff, you are left with empty endurance and no buff and you are forced to pop signet or heal to up keep the buff but you lose signet buff or heal for when need, in the end it’s literally the same thing while the thief one you have to constantly look at your buff bar

also i assume you have this in mind only because you play open world and your build has GS

(edited by lighter.2708)

in Warrior

CrashTheGrey.1492

try and politely examine the INTENT of the current skill

Explain to me the INTENT of this Trait , politely please..

I’ll politely excuse your strawman, but I will mention that noones had any problems with this stick and move trait UNTIL the bads who want 10% passive damage buffs at all times because of the sustain skill they have taken working against that.(MmR)

And anyone making the excuse of “oh BP gets it too”, you are tunnel visioning and there’s a reason you’re bringing up strawman arguments instead of balancing video games.

Seriously, you can take issue with individual implementations but there was no “Nerf” on this one. Might Makes Right was a newly added skill that ArenaNet very obviously wanted to tune in the endurance department. You get that much access to dodge? You don’t get 10% when you’re not using em.

I’ll wait for you guys to keep processing that and come back with an actual solution to ArenaNet’s non optimal balancing mechanisms. But that’s what it is. A balancing mechanism.

Before anyone else does the same BS, here’s some information….

Strawman:
An intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent’s real argument.

I.E. : Hey bro, how about this skill where everyone can disagree with the changes?! Because Anet modified this skill incorrectly, a new implementation on an existing spec must be incorrect too right!

#Basic

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I’ll elaborate on one point here I thought was self explanatory: The current stick and move is setup that way so you are trading defense for damage. Dodges are defense. If you use a dodge to take advantage of the +10%…..what happens? Well you have 1 less dodge to use while fighting! I shouldn’t have to tell you how important dodges can be outside pve. If you use 2 dodges initially you should be good to use the +10% buff for a long duration of time, but you lack any dodges for a considerable duration.

To a normal melee warrior. The stick and move makes it so you have to break your dps streaks with a dodge here and there. It punishes people for landing all their burst moves consecutively without dodging in the process, thus limiting the total amount of dps that a warrior can get from the trait (believe it or not the 3-10k dodgerolls are less dps than ur normal attacks/utilities wud provide). ANd HERE lies the Deus ex machina.
This allows it to exist in the current form in alll modes without being overpowered (specifically pve vs pvp/wvsw). Otherwise it would likely be nerfed to a flat +7% dmg increase.

A good counter argument to make to this is: that warrior have very low dps in pve to begin with. To which I would then counter: look at our combinations of traitlines that are viable for the different pve modes, and what kind of roles we play in raids etc. Its important we not make a definitive traitline for those types of pve…..we have builds all over the place using all kinds of traitline combinations, we can’t just buff some and not others without consequence to the power vs condi vs ps interaction.

Then ur next counter should be: but look at that other thread on the reddit saying how weak power warrior is now and how useless ps is for us in pve raids now.

Then I would have to counter with: Well that is player generated data, it may not be 100% accurate or reflect all the information needed to be considered. Regardless you now understand the mentality behind the design of the trait “to date”, and how important it is to include tradeoffs against a flat +10% buff…..your solution does not include tradeoffs for endurance regen builds.
Besides on a personal note, I’d rather have traits that include a higher max potential upon fulfillment of conditions (applied equally to all builds)….rather than an automatically given less value. So if the trait needs a change, I’d opt for increasing it above +10% (12/13/14% dmg increase) and keeping the condition as is.

Huh? This statement is actually a sophism known as Ad hominem and I consider it as rudeness.
Also, this is irrelevant for the topic of the discussion.

I’m sorry, but I failed to understand what you’re trying to tell here. Might be my mediocre english.

Nevertheless, as a matter of fact, Stick and Move IS the same +dmg bonus after dodge, just with a random duration, since it depends on your endurance regeneration rate and random procs.
You can actually calculate it’s possible duration after one dodge:
One dodge requires 50 endurance and with base rate of 5% endurance regeneration per second it is base 10 seconds duration on Stick and Move after one dodge.
With Weakness this duration will be up to 15 seconds.
With Vigor – ~6.5 seconds.
Even shorter with Building Momentum procs (especially with Versatile Power, Smash Brawler, Blood Reckoning, Alacrity boon etc).
And extrimely short with Might Makes Right procs with Forceful Greatsword, Sigil of Strength etc., making Stick and Move barely usable. How does that “not for the sake of it making more sense for the class itself”!?
So what we have here, is that few Traits (one of which is unavoidable) in Strength warrior tree diminishes the effectiveness of another Trait. This is kitten design, In my opinion.

….I’m honestly pretty speechless right now. This speaks for itself. I highlighted some of the important parts.

When ur counterarguments are:
-question marks
-admittance of failure to understand
-admittance of inability to be fluid in the English language
-labeling of arguments as personal attacks
-dismissal of arguments you feel the need to counter

….welll it speaks for itself.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

CrashTheGrey.1492

what is am balance plz

Thank you Cerby