Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

you must be joking

Shuriyo

Stun + Eviscerate (Looking for advices)

in Warrior

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Sexy video. Use less gloomy music is my advice. Build yo!?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kilo November.4268

Kilo November.4268

> always asks for advice
> is probably the best warrior

Brofist Maximus
[RISE]
Gate of Madness

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

not fighting any condi spammers, the obvious weakness

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

^^^

you mean the usual hambow kitten ?! … no thanks.

Great video VaAnSs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Sick dmg on that axe,always critting.Nice vid.

If you really want some proper advice,here comes…keep playing as you do now.

in Warrior

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

you’re basically fighting 1v1’s and eotm kittens, your build is sub optimal, since it only works in 1v1’s against power builds or vs eotm trash. the fact that you’re using signet of fury speaks volumes.

sure you can make a compilation video and showcase big numbers, but it’s not a sustainable roaming build. no mobility, no condi cleanse. anyone with a brain will out kite you.

edit: alot of nuthugging in this thread, compilation videos will always look impressive by nature.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

In a less hostile way I agree with wads… no mobility and no blocks at all. You basically are defenseless here… I like to roam in full zerk if I ever go too, but I’m always equipped with movement skills/shake it off/etc.

Also, sorry but wtf @ the sigils. I can’t even fathom using a sigil of fire on a hammer tbh. Two battle sigils also…? It has a cooldown longer than your weapon swap, you would benefit much more from using different sigils than this. Also mace offhand is kind of terrible in WvW/PvP… tremor has a long cooldown.

Meh. All the people you fought were really terrible, but it was pretty entertaining of a video. :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

^^^

Great video VaAnSs.

People play what is viable. Trying to be a special snow flake doesn’t works in this game. Also the people I listed above are just top tier regardless of the spec they are using.

I just can’t watch a video when people use 2 dodges before his enemy attacks. Its painful to watch. The minute I noticed he/she did it, I stopped the video.

well, Hambow isn’t viable in WvW, so watching these ppl that you recommended wont be helpful.

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

^^^

Great video VaAnSs.

People play what is viable. Trying to be a special snow flake doesn’t works in this game. Also the people I listed above are just top tier regardless of the spec they are using.

I just can’t watch a video when people use 2 dodges before his enemy attacks. Its painful to watch. The minute I noticed he/she did it, I stopped the video.

Being the special snowflake is how you discover new and better builds. Hammer was considered useless junk until video of Anus Tarcis usig hambow surfaced. I played Hambow long before Tarcis ever did and people would make fun of me for using a hammer instead of the lame HB builds that were so popular at the time.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

in Warrior

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

^^^

Great video VaAnSs.

Being the special snowflake is how you discover new and better builds. Hammer was considered useless junk until video of Anus Tarcis usig hambow surfaced. I played Hambow long before Tarcis ever did and people would make fun of me for using a hammer instead of the lame HB builds that were so popular at the time.

Hammer was considered junk because it was junk, now it is not.

Shuriyo

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

^^^

Great video VaAnSs.

Hammer was considered junk because it was junk, now it is not.

The only thing that is different with hammer now compared to then are the nerfs they gave it cause it was OP. My old 10-10-30-0-20 build was way stronger than anything we have today. People just refused to believe that it was viable because they were so busy praising the FOTM build of that period. Technically hammer is more junk now than it ever was.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Why are you running distracting strikes in your build? Given that it’s almost fully focused on burst damage, it seems like it would make more sense to use axe mastery for an extra 10% damage on crits.

Don’t get me wrong, 4 stacks for 10 seconds is quite nice, especially since you can try chaining interrupts to get 8 or 12 stacks, but it’ll be a relatively weak confusion since you have no condi damage. Not only that, scrapping potentially 900+ damage off your burst as well as other things for something that anyone with any sense will try to cleanse seems like a bit of an odd choice to me.

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Against real PvP builds this build won’t work, you can get easily outplayed without cleaning irse. If you can’t burst your enemy, which is nearly impossible against decent players, you will lack in sustainibility.

One the other hand against WvW-Guys its cool and you played quite well. Nearly no random dodges etc.

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: Eiland.1405

Eiland.1405

Guys the dude is R80. He knows sPvP.
Check he’s channel for sPvP vids too, and yes he uses different builds there.

He’s WvW builds and the way he play are just awesome for what he does. Man all that YOLO 6v1? even if they are trash noobs it is very impressive. You can also see him fight good players and still owning, but most importantly it’s fun to watch.
So really all that ‘wha wha not viable showcase vid’ is just jealousy.
If it’s so easy do it yourself, we will all love to see more warrior domination…

Great vid as always Vaans keep it up.

Dry Leaves

in Warrior

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Guys the dude is R80. He knows sPvP.
Check he’s channel for sPvP vids too, and yes he uses different builds there.

He’s WvW builds and the way he play are just awesome for what he does. Man all that YOLO 6v1? even if they are trash noobs it is very impressive. You can also see him fight good players and still owning, but most importantly it’s fun to watch.
So really all that ‘wha wha not viable showcase vid’ is just jealousy.
If it’s so easy do it yourself, we will all love to see more warrior domination…

Great vid as always Vaans keep it up.

are you joking? since when does being r80 mean anything? rofl

and why are you trying to whiteknight him so hard? he’s the one that invited critique and advice on how to improve.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Fought a warrior like this several times last night (though they used a GS +Sh over Hammer + Mace).

Was certainly… Different. I mean everyone is used to full zerker warriors roaming about, it’s perfectly normal to encounter and (in my opinion) quite easily to deal with.. but they hit so so hard it was unreal. Usually I can afford 1-2 mistakes even VS DPS heavy players but this really was something else.

We both won some and lost some, but like others have said above, the weakness really is to conditions and CC. I am used to every warrior I ever fight ever having Dogged March and probably Mobile Strikes, as well as Cleansing Ire. I dont usually even both with Entangle against warriors because they just walk out, but it became brutally effective in this case, along with my other CC from traps and pets.

So.. yeah.. Like I said they won a fair few times because I really was so caught of guard by the damage to the point of it being rediculous.. But every time I died I knew it was because I had made a mistake with my dodges / CC, not because their build was too strong.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Warrior

Posted by: Bloodwine.6450

Bloodwine.6450

What’s the most common OH for an evis warr? shield or mace?

In my opinion shield offers a bit more defence with Shield stance whereas mace #4 seems pretty useless.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Shield is. The stun combo recharges faster, and the defense it provides can be a life saver.

The mace isn’t without it’s merits though. This opens up an extra +5% damage via dual wielding, and the ranged knock down can be incredibly useful at times. Mace #4 can be useful, but it’s not the most useful thing to have for roaming, generally speaking. Combined with cyclone axe, it can be an extra 8% damage on your evis, which can be quite significant.

In any case, I’d say shield is generally the better way to go.

in Warrior

Posted by: Eiland.1405

Eiland.1405

^^^
I’m not defending him. I’m defending you.
I’m trying to tell you he knows what condis are and about that supa secret trait ‘cleansing Ire’ and those other very true but oh so basic knowledges that pointing them out just makes the pointer look bad.
This dude is bringing something else, trying to burst faceroll as hard as possible and.. he makes it work!
I’ve seem so many warrior roaming stream and so many of them are pigeon-holed into the same builds with very little diversity. Unless the player is the cream they are just boring (for me) to watch.
Vaans vids on the other is top notch entertainment. So when he says ‘looking for advice’ it’s mayb just for how to faceroll even harder not how to become more ‘viable’ mainstream.

Dry Leaves