Stun Warriors in WvW

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Are ridiculous. I see about 50% of roamers are stun warriors. One stun on my elementalist and I get downed. Please make stuns condi cleansed or nerf the crit chance on stun warriors have.

Bad Elementalist

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Stun is getting nerfed in an upcoming patch (to not round up when using stun duration sigils).

Also, bring stun breakers.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

^
Mist form is a must. Also having stability helps, learning the animations so you can dodge those attacks… and they need to be in mele range.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

It can be a bit excessive. Mace/Shield gives 2 stuns and a daze. You have to be prepared to break it and get away/counter it before they can do it again.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

i can handle 1 warrior, but i mostly see groups of 5 roamers 3 of which are stun warriors.

Bad Elementalist

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Aberrant.6749

i can handle 1 warrior, but i mostly see groups of 5 roamers 3 of which are stun warriors.

If you’re doing 1v5 you shouldn’t expect to live regardless of the classes involved. If you have team mates… you should be able to stun break and back off behind them in the majority of situations.

Tarnished Coast

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Are ridiculous. I see about 50% of roamers are stun warriors. One stun on my elementalist and I get downed. Please make stuns condi cleansed or nerf the crit chance on stun warriors have.

Use offensive armor/trinkets with defensive traits and cantrips, which are defensive utilites.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

If you’re doing 1v5 you shouldn’t expect to live regardless of the classes involved. If you have team mates… you should be able to stun break and back off behind them in the majority of situations.

Unless you are facing TC. My current difficulty threshold for solo’n TC players is at 8….at that point its a fair fight

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

^someone is hunting up levels. Come find me in EB some time and I’ll make you into someone who cries for thief nerfs.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Jinks.2057

^someone is hunting up levels. Come find me in EB some time and I’ll make you into someone who cries for thief nerfs.

Why would I cry for thief nerfs???

Easiest class to kill TBH.

Though if ya bring 7 friends it’ll get exciting

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

There is not nerf needed.

You just don’t go near a group if you are by yourself or if out numbered. If you try either and fail, it is your fault.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

They aren’t OP, you deserve to die if you don’t have stability/stunbreakers.

Just looks like a learn to play issue to me. The build is still pretty new, people still have to learn how to counter it seems.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

While I agree that the OP is talking about a situation where winning was not an option due to number, I still think some weapon sets and trait changes might be needed. Stunbreaks are indeed important things to have in WvW, but we’re talking about a build that can put out multiple stuns and a daze in a very short time, without even swapping weapon sets.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Aberrant.6749

Unless you are facing TC. My current difficulty threshold for solo’n TC players is at 8….at that point its a fair fight

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Why would I cry for thief nerfs???

Easiest class to kill TBH.

Though if ya bring 7 friends it’ll get exciting

yup they are very predictable. i managed to get 12 stacks on torment on one today and he kept kiting me XD.
they only really hurt when u get surprised by them. their initial burst is a little high though. i got some toughness, so i dont die right away after 3 hits and can defend myself quite well(usually i kill them with reflects/confusion/torment), but i see a lot of people getting downed by that lately.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Jinks.2057

Posting old gifs now?

TC is even bad at PvF

Gluck in all that you do

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Just looks like a learn to play issue to me. The build is still pretty new, people still have to learn how to counter it seems.

Shame Engineers don’t have reliable stability (Yet), and stun breaks got puked in every direction (The one Kit one, having a 40 second cooldown).

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

These warriors are the bane of my engineer’s existence. One stun/immobilize chain and it’s pretty much game over. If I see a warrior from far off, I can switch out one of my utilities for Elixir S, and that’s one stun-break on a 60s cooldown. Basically, my strategy is to CC/kite them until they die. If I mess up I die.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

Shame Engineers don’t have reliable stability (Yet), and stun breaks got puked in every direction (The one Kit one, having a 40 second cooldown).

idk if i would consider toss elix b a good source of stabilty (if it is the one youre talking about) considering
a.) its not a stunbreaker
b.) its only 3 sec and a warrior can just hold off his stuns til it wears off

its almost pointless to have a stunbreaker on engineer against these build because as soon as you pop it, your stunned instantly especially in group fights, so if you don’t run guard you’re pretty much done for.

Will you help me move?

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

As a result, I run with both Stabilized armor, and Protection Injections. I don’t run a stun break.

The stun warrior is literally the only thing giving me trouble, for obvious reasons. It’s just my options aren’t fantastic to deal with it.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

(edited by John Widdin.9618)

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

It’s very frustrating to be hit by a coordinated set of stun-lock warriors. If I ran with my own coordinated group maybe it would be less aggravating.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Op

You deserve my Honor for bringing up this Unjust matter.

Not too long ago i had posted something similar to this in the Elitist forum and surprisingly i was treated with kindess and understasnding.

Getting back to this Nortorious matter, Perma-Stun Warriors are out of control, everything you stated are factual.

As a ranger, even using “stun breakers”, i barely can escape from thier Perma-Stun madness.

I’m glad i’m not alone in this, and Arena.net need to get serious of ending Favoritsm for their Elite classes.

At the moment,

Injustice and Tyranny are what Dominates gw2 world.

And

Justice is ‘thrown under the rug’ countless times.

- As always………..

InJustice Prevails
and
Justice will always Fail

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Eles are not allowed to complain……

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

learn to play the game

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Even if you have a couple guardians with you using syg and are fighting a group with about even numbers, it’s a pain. They can stun WAY more often than you can dodge, or stunbreak, or use stability. The group of warriors I usually roll with, who are normally all condition or healer builds, decided to change things up and try out a group stun build. Holy crap, it’s ridiculously easy to roll over people. And we were all pretty new to this build as well. It literally takes no brains at all to use it and a group of equal size stands no chance whatsoever against it. We also were all using perplexity runes which made it even more hilarious. It is really broken, and anyone defending it is obviously a terrible player who NEEDS to use it just to get a win. But i’m still going to abuse it until it does eventually, and rightfully get nerfed. Because hey, might as well do what everyone else is doing and ride easy mode and troll people.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Even if you have a couple guardians with you using syg and are fighting a group with about even numbers, it’s a pain. They can stun WAY more often than you can dodge, or stunbreak, or use stability. The group of warriors I usually roll with, who are normally all condition or healer builds, decided to change things up and try out a group stun build. Holy crap, it’s ridiculously easy to roll over people. And we were all pretty new to this build as well. It literally takes no brains at all to use it and a group of equal size stands no chance whatsoever against it. We also were all using perplexity runes which made it even more hilarious. It is really broken, and anyone defending it is obviously a terrible player who NEEDS to use it just to get a win. But i’m still going to abuse it until it does eventually, and rightfully get nerfed. Because hey, might as well do what everyone else is doing and ride easy mode and troll people.

Calling people that use it terrible players just shows how ignorant you really are.

There are ways for groups to counter hammer trains. Either you are set or not. Not every group runs a hammer train unless in T1 which hammer trains have always existed and we have learned how to deal with such.

It isn’t hard to deal with, you just need to learn if you have not encountered the hammer train and your post shows you need to learn.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Aberrant.6749

Posting old gifs now?

TC is even bad at PvF

Gluck in all that you do

Tarnished Coast

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

You only need to watch out when the warrior is using his M/Sh or 3-4 seconds after he swap to that set. When he’s on GS, shoot at will. And if it’s a hammer you are complaining, then it is a L2P issue. Hammer stuns have an obvious animation, its kinda meh if you get caught by it easily.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

They can definitely be tricky as engineer, because engies don’t have that good stunbreakers. Hammer attacks are however pretty easy to dodge.

I usually run with Melandru runes, so even if I get caught by one stun, I can most of the times get away before the next one hits.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

When the sigil of paralyzation is fixed it means no more guaranteed 100 blades after skullcrack.

With the fix a level 3 skull crack SHOULD be 3.45 seconds with a sigil of paralyzation. 100 blades is 3.5 seconds channel with the last hit being the most important and damaging one(factor in time to weapon swap and press 2). You shouldn’t get instagibbed if you eat the level 3 stun and the channel unless your full glass.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Aberrant.6749

They can definitely be tricky as engineer, because engies don’t have that good stunbreakers. Hammer attacks are however pretty easy to dodge.

I usually run with Melandru runes, so even if I get caught by one stun, I can most of the times get away before the next one hits.

I have very few problems with them as an eng… I just keep them out of reach. Eng has tons of cripples/roots/knockbacks/knockdowns/dazes etc. etc. Just watch for stability and you should be fine. Gear shield is also amazing… 3s block on a 20s cd. Seriously… I kitten LOVE toolkit man lol.

Then there is elixir S for stun break/steath/stability… and soon it’ll be even easier since S toss will always be stealth and B toss will always add stability. Also using a stunbreak will upright you mid knockdown (these are in the next balance patch).

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Nice. I’m at 5 for TC. And that was just one week.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i think the issue are hammer trains

given you can bring group of necros to stop them but the blind lasts only so long and not every class has stability and or enough stun breakers to survive amount of stuns wars can bring on table

i do think there needs to be some kind of (better) DR on those stuns as well as perplexity runes need major nerf

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Quednau.7390

Quednau.7390

Are they really going to nerf stun warriors? lol. Noooo! I don’t want to spend more gold to change my build again.. :’(

Darkhaven
[Qrew] Leader
Warrior

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

lol that was my reaction too

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

We are talking about a 3-4s stun every 7 seconds. How is that not broken OP, please guys be serious.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

stun warriors are twice as OP as thieves are, while at the same time being half as hard to play

dear devs, nerf them into oblivion please

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Even if I slot all my lowest cd stunbreakers I never cant counter stun with 7s cooldown. And Stability on Engineer? Good joke man.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Billy.1879

Billy.1879

I can’t wait for a stun nerf.

I’m a warrior and I know it’s stupid. You can cry “omfg just use stun breakers u nub” all you like but they really just delay a slaying. Miss one stun? wait it out with shield block and mace block, miss it again or get stun broken? great sword off into the distance for a few seconds.

No warriors stun bots, just no.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

stun warriors are twice as OP as thieves are, while at the same time being half as hard to play

dear devs, nerf them into oblivion please

Hmm atleast you can see them coming and not backstabbing you.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

I didn’t know dodges were suddenly disabled. God these wvw players think pressing 1 all day makes them immortal.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Billy.1879

Billy.1879

I didn’t know dodges were suddenly disabled. God these wvw players think pressing 1 all day makes them immortal.

It’s mad easy to stun someone when you target switch or just anything. Maybe in a 1v1 but this isn’t a 1v1 game.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Delta Blues.8507

Yeah right. So following your logic we should just give some random class a one shot kill skill cause you can still dodge them anyway so that wouldn’t make it OP.

Seriously could you please activate your brain before replying

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Why are you bothered about a 1v1 build in WvW? That mace build is useless in zergs, which is what WvW is about.

One – Piken Square

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Delta Blues.8507

Why are you bothered about a 1v1 build in WvW? That mace build is useless in zergs, which is what WvW is about.

Yeah I can see how long duration stuns on a ridiculous cd could be completely useless in group fights

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Yeah right. So following your logic we should just give some random class a one shot kill skill cause you can still dodge them anyway so that wouldn’t make it OP.

Another mad 222 thief posting here… what has this game come to

[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Yeah I can see how long duration stuns on a ridiculous cd could be completely useless in group fights

This build revolves around getting in the HB after the stun. If in a group fight you can pull that off, the enemy group needs to stop playing PvP.

One – Piken Square

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Delta Blues.8507

Another mad 222 thief posting here… what has this game come to

This has nothing to do with my playstyle, which doesn’t have anything to do with 222 and which i don’t need to prove to you. This is about thinking what can be considered balanced and what not.

To me, runes that can reapply mad stacks of confusion aoe in seconds are broken.
A perma stealth thief that can get away safely in any situation is broken.
a 4s stun on a 7s cd is broken.

Ofc if the reasoning is “don’t attack if you have confusion”, “aoe the thief in stealth” and “dodge the stuns” I don’t think we’re gonna go much far in terms of class balancing, because none of them are acceptable counters to a broken mechanic.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Delta Blues.8507

This build revolves around getting in the HB after the stun. If in a group fight you can pull that off, the enemy group needs to stop playing PvP.

In a group fight you don’t need to pull off any HB if you can provide that much heavy cc. You can focus on stunning and your group can focus on doing the rest of the job

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

I’ve learned that bringing every stun breaker I have is pointless because by the time I’ve used them all up (not break stun every time too, they are done timely), the cooldown is way too long to deal with all the next plenty endless stunning. I’d pop up food which reduce damage while stunned while try look at how he will try bursting me down. If I feel that he’s not worth the time killing, I’ll just try run away.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE