Stun Warriors in WvW

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Why are you bothered about a 1v1 build in WvW? That mace build is useless in zergs, which is what WvW is about.

Yeah I can see how long duration stuns on a ridiculous cd could be completely useless in group fights

This build revolves around getting in the HB after the stun. If in a group fight you can pull that off, the enemy group needs to stop playing PvP.

In a group fight you don’t need to pull off any HB if you can provide that much heavy cc. You can focus on stunning and your group can focus on doing the rest of the job

A pretty ugly one I’v encountered was a Warrior in Perplexity runes, Hammer/Mace+Shield, Would offload the Confusion onto groups, and a necromancer would Epidemic along with the other conditions applied to the others in the group. Pretty effective.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Why are you bothered about a 1v1 build in WvW? That mace build is useless in zergs, which is what WvW is about.

Yeah I can see how long duration stuns on a ridiculous cd could be completely useless in group fights

This build revolves around getting in the HB after the stun. If in a group fight you can pull that off, the enemy group needs to stop playing PvP.

In a group fight you don’t need to pull off any HB if you can provide that much heavy cc. You can focus on stunning and your group can focus on doing the rest of the job

And why would I use the mace single target stun when I can just use the Hammer AoE stun?

One – Piken Square

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

They can definitely be tricky as engineer, because engies don’t have that good stunbreakers. Hammer attacks are however pretty easy to dodge.

I usually run with Melandru runes, so even if I get caught by one stun, I can most of the times get away before the next one hits.

I have very few problems with them as an eng… I just keep them out of reach. Eng has tons of cripples/roots/knockbacks/knockdowns/dazes etc. etc. Just watch for stability and you should be fine. Gear shield is also amazing… 3s block on a 20s cd. Seriously… I kitten LOVE toolkit man lol.

Then there is elixir S for stun break/steath/stability… and soon it’ll be even easier since S toss will always be stealth and B toss will always add stability. Also using a stunbreak will upright you mid knockdown (these are in the next balance patch).

Yeah, true. I don’t really have any trouble with them in 1v1 situation, and I often run without any stunbreakers, just Protection Injection. As I said they’re easy to dodge.

I haven’t roamed on my condi necro after the Dhuumfire patch, but I’d imagine it would have hard time against (good) stun heavy warriors.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Stability/stunbreaker doenst help against warrior. Warrior can do like 21 stuns in 70 secs, while ele can only be about 10 sec immune to them (armor of earth + mistform). That leaves about 18 stuns, you TOTALLY cannot break. 18 free HARD cc’s…

If Anet still don’t see it’s op well then i’m at a loss for words. It’s ok in pvp, it’s totally NOT OK IN WVW. Also Balanced stance is overpowered. It’s the best stunbreaker in game, the best stability in game, with low cd. 10 sec complete immunity to these stuns? Why would warrior be immune to it’s only counterplay? They need a weakness to you know. And it’s hard to find that with all those stuns, immunities, healing signet, adrenal health, 21k base hp, 2400 base armor.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Stability/stunbreaker doenst help against warrior. Warrior can do like 21 stuns in 70 secs, while ele can only be about 10 sec immune to them (armor of earth + mistform). That leaves about 18 stuns, you TOTALLY cannot break. 18 free HARD cc’s…

If Anet still don’t see it’s op well then i’m at a loss for words. It’s ok in pvp, it’s totally NOT OK IN WVW. Also Balanced stance is overpowered. It’s the best stunbreaker in game, the best stability in game, with low cd. 10 sec complete immunity to these stuns? Why would warrior be immune to it’s only counterplay? They need a weakness to you know. And it’s hard to find that with all those stuns, immunities, healing signet, adrenal health, 21k base hp, 2400 base armor.

You USE big WORDS to draw ATTENTION to your SUBJECT and make IT look IMPORTANT, are YOU? Because lolmace WARRIORS in wvw is DEFINITELY big DEAL.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Quednau.7390

Quednau.7390

Soooo I just played sPvP for the first time and decided to use a stun build like what I use in WvW and yeeeah I can see why its getting nerfd..lol I was wrecking ppl and it was my first time lol… but in WvW I don’t really think its such an issue. Theres plenty of ways to avoid or use some kind of stealth or stability..

Darkhaven
[Qrew] Leader
Warrior

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

i can handle 1 warrior, but i mostly see groups of 5 roamers 3 of which are stun warriors.

If you’re doing 1v5 you shouldn’t expect to live regardless of the classes involved. If you have team mates… you should be able to stun break and back off behind them in the majority of situations.

Unless you are facing TC. My current difficulty threshold for solo’n TC players is at 8….at that point its a fair fight

Man you should take that kind of skill into true pvp and do some ranked tournys. Make some money and show your skills off to a commentated game. With talk like that, I would leave WvW to regulars.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

You USE big WORDS to draw ATTENTION to your SUBJECT and make IT look IMPORTANT, are YOU? Because lolmace WARRIORS in wvw is DEFINITELY big DEAL.

Sorry that the truth hurts you. You clearly are a warrior enjoying stunsmashing enemies. You wouldn’t be so scared, if you didn’t enjoy it alot. I’m not asking for heavy nerfs but 3 aoe stuns on one weapon is to much. They have to give it 40 sec cd or something, so it requires more skill to land it properly and not fail it. Now you can just spam it immediately again after you failed one.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Sorry that the truth hurts you. You clearly are a warrior enjoying stunsmashing enemies. You wouldn’t be so scared, if you didn’t enjoy it alot. I’m not asking for heavy nerfs but 3 aoe stuns on one weapon is to much. They have to give it 40 sec cd or something, so it requires more skill to land it properly and not fail it. Now you can just spam it immediately again after you failed one.

Which of our weapons has 3 AoE stuns? I must be missing a skill or two on my weapons…

One – Piken Square

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I run standard variations of meleetrain hammer builds, so i have 1 stun. But i cant remember any warrior weapon with 3 stuns. sPvP skullcrack have 2 stuns and 1 daze (mace F1, shield 4 and mace 3), all of them singletarget, fullcontrol hammer+2 mace build (lol, someone really runs that?) have 1 aoe stun (hammer F1), 1 singletarget (mace F1), 1 daze(mace 3), 1 aoe knockown (hammer 4, trow target away from you), 1 semi-aoe knockdown (mace 5) and 1 singletarget knockdown (hammer 5). Plz teach me how to make build with 3 aoe stuns.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

Are ridiculous. I see about 50% of roamers are stun warriors. One stun on my elementalist and I get downed. Please make stuns condi cleansed or nerf the crit chance on stun warriors have.

I smell a bad player..

Hammer is never an issue against a good player as it is highly choreographed and easily avoidable. Spend some time in spvp instead of zerging.

mace is what the average/below average player complains about.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcane_Shield
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_of_Earth + the reactive one so two armors of earth
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Form

You can switch to earth attunement while stunned for protection then to water for healing while stunned -this should be Nerfed in eles-

Or teleport away:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_Flash

You can use any ability with zero activation time during stuns, I think.

You do realize that mace stun typical build warriors have bad mobility, right? The current suggested builds are not effective in wvw as you can kite them since there is no contested point to fight over.

Just because you don’t use your stun breakers, stabilities, blind, protection, heal which can all be used during stunned doesn’t mean we have to balance the game around your lack of experience.

The game is balanced around spvp and not around baddies in wvw.

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

Please don’t post before realizing what a warrior is capable of.

If you are complaining about warriors in wvw then thieves -by your logic- should have been nerfed to the ground in wvw.

Also, Eles and guardian boon duration should be nerfed similar to spvp. Why should you have a high uptime of protection and might? I fail to see why this should be different from spvp.

You have 2 commonly used stun breakers : armor of earth, arcane armor and a reactive armor of earth. You also have access to lightening flash which works while stunned thus by the time the slow stun warrior reaches you, the stun wore off and he can’t get off a big attack. Most of them can’t reach you in time if you LF behind them.

I advise you to practice spvp before crying about wvw.

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

I didn’t know dodges were suddenly disabled. God these wvw players think pressing 1 all day makes them immortal.

Yeah right. So following your logic we should just give some random class a one shot kill skill cause you can still dodge them anyway so that wouldn’t make it OP.

Seriously could you please activate your brain before replying

Another mad 222 thief posting here… what has this game come to

This has nothing to do with my playstyle, which doesn’t have anything to do with 222 and which i don’t need to prove to you. This is about thinking what can be considered balanced and what not.

To me, runes that can reapply mad stacks of confusion aoe in seconds are broken.
A perma stealth thief that can get away safely in any situation is broken.
a 4s stun on a 7s cd is broken.

Ofc if the reasoning is “don’t attack if you have confusion”, “aoe the thief in stealth” and “dodge the stuns” I don’t think we’re gonna go much far in terms of class balancing, because none of them are acceptable counters to a broken mechanic.

I think they are pretty acceptable counters actually. You just need to l2p.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: MIrra.3604

MIrra.3604

You know John Peter mains a Warrior right?

Anyways, Warrior’s hammer is getting a buff next patch.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

I didn’t know dodges were suddenly disabled. God these wvw players think pressing 1 all day makes them immortal.

Yeah right. So following your logic we should just give some random class a one shot kill skill cause you can still dodge them anyway so that wouldn’t make it OP.

This has nothing to do with my playstyle, which doesn’t have anything to do with 222 and which i don’t need to prove to you. This is about thinking what can be considered balanced and what not.

To me, runes that can reapply mad stacks of confusion aoe in seconds are broken.

Ofc if the reasoning is “don’t attack if you have confusion”, “aoe the thief in stealth” and “dodge the stuns” I don’t think we’re gonna go much far in terms of class balancing, because none of them are acceptable counters to a broken mechanic.

lol. of course o mighty pvp god. please tell me more. u who has such a mighty pvp power, that u think u can tell everyone that they need to l2p while u play an op build. of course your majesty is soooo right. let me go practice my 2 sec stability and the 2 stunbreackers i have with at least 20s cooldown and my awesome 2 dodges.

i should also always listen to people that also defend perplexity runes as balance and a l2p issue where we just need to find a counter right?
sure mighty kuora u must be the best player in the world that never chooses the easy way out…oh wait.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

Alright. So for you the “don’t attack if you have confusion” works like a charm to win against perplexity engies.

Wow.

On a side not seems like mods are doing an awesome job in trying to scream the delusional/complaining posts on the wvw forum today with this thread moved and another one delated just a few hours ago. Such an awesome way to fix wvw issues.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

Look. Most of you here are QQing on M/Sh+GS. But you’re asking for a nerf that will hurt Hammer/X worst than the latter. Just because you can’t faceroll that build, don’t ask for a nerf that will hurt another legit build.

Think this carefully.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Are ridiculous. I see about 50% of roamers are stun warriors. One stun on my elementalist and I get downed. Please make stuns condi cleansed or nerf the crit chance on stun warriors have.

I smell a bad player..

Hammer is never an issue against a good player as it is highly choreographed and easily avoidable. Spend some time in spvp instead of zerging.

mace is what the average/below average player complains about.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcane_Shield
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_of_Earth + the reactive one so two armors of earth
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Form

You can switch to earth attunement while stunned for protection then to water for healing while stunned -this should be Nerfed in eles-

Or teleport away:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_Flash

You can use any ability with zero activation time during stuns, I think.

You do realize that mace stun typical build warriors have bad mobility, right? The current suggested builds are not effective in wvw as you can kite them since there is no contested point to fight over.

Just because you don’t use your stun breakers, stabilities, blind, protection, heal which can all be used during stunned doesn’t mean we have to balance the game around your lack of experience.

The game is balanced around spvp and not around baddies in wvw.

I think that when it’s down to telling people they have to equip a specific set of utilities just do deal with the fact that one profession has access to an absurd amount of short CD stuns, there is a serious problem with that profession. Your build should not have to be so centered around dealing with one particular opponent build. Ele is probably one of the better equipped to deal with stun warriors, but even if they focus on that in their build, the warrior still has more frequent stuns than they are able to counter.

kuora.5402

I’m not sure why someone always has to apply the “dodge argument” to everything, but it’s rarely a valid one. They have more stuns/dazes than you have dodges, and that’s all there is to it. Aside from traits/sigils/runes that grant straight endurance refills, you have 1 dodge every 5 seconds with vigor, and 1 dodge every 10 seconds without it. Unless your opponent is kind enough to limit their stuns or more powerful attacks to every 10 seconds, dodging is simply not enough. And that assumes the stun warrior is the only thing hitting you, and you’ve not had to dodge something else.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

this kuora guy is some of the worst troll in all the forums and posting l2p in every topic nevermind the content. just ignore him. mace skullcrack is impossible to dodge, it has no cast time. also good luck with dodging shield stun with its half a second cast time. the only stun that can be easily dodged is hammer stun but no proficient warrior uses it as an opener just for that reason.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

Warrior is right now the most broken noobclass in this game.
Thief has a very high skill gap compared to that.

And guys im one of the 5 biggest thief/assasin/rouge haters worldwide in every game i played (such classes dont belong to teamgames)

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Every one that disagreed with my post probably mains a warrior lol. My ele only gets access to one 6 second stabilty. The stun spam, coupled with the passive regen and damage mitigation is too much. I can’t tell you how many times I was stunned by a warrior then 222 by his buddy thief.

Bad Elementalist

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Every one that disagreed with my post probably mains a warrior lol. My ele only gets access to one 6 second stabilty. The stun spam, coupled with the passive regen and damage mitigation is too much. I can’t tell you how many times I was stunned by a warrior then 222 by his buddy thief.

It requires a change in traits which you might not like to do. I actually changed my build to 20 in earth and took rock solid and it allowed me to beat mace warrior 1v1 who is actually guesting on your server atm from my guild. I was planning to try this out anyway not just to deal with mace warriors either. I run the mace setup on my warrior so I know how it works it is hard for me to fight on my necro also.

Anyway Rock solid with Earth Embrace trait. If you want to be close to the damage you had if you ran standard d/d with 10 in Air then you can run stone splinters.

I honestly think Anets vision of D/D elementalist is that it is suppose to be tanky with S/D as the burst for Ele. I have no problem with that personally I have actually liked running it so far. Slot some traveler runes so you can have good movements speed. Only class I have come across I couldn’t kill with this setup is a bunker condi engi and a lol trololol S/D jumper build thief spamming larcenous strike and steals boons with thrill of the crime trait. The next patch will help a bit to deal with S/D thief since it will remove only 1 boon instead of 2 I just feel it will still be a tough fight for any D/D.

A S/D thief with 30 trick for sleight of hand will daze/stun just as much as a warrior all while stealing your stability to fight against it.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

1. Don’t roam and expect not to find an enemy running a roaming build.
2. Gw2 isn’t balanced around 1v1.
3. You’re an ele, you have the tools to win the fight, you just chose not to equip them.

PS: Are you from TC? If you are, are you one of the ele’s I beat 2v1 on my warrior yesterday? Happy Trails!

Edit: guess not, just read your signature.

(edited by Slomoshun.6317)

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Uncle Shags.9017

Uncle Shags.9017

I said it in the other nerf-herding thread, but it applies to the last few posts in here as well:
I have to devote 6 runes, 2 traits, food, and a utility slot just to hope to survive condition damage, but you don’t hear me whining.

If you don’t bring anti-CC and learn to avoid it with the various other tactics that counter it then it’s nobodies fault but your own.

Uncle Shags: The Barely Competent

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

i see you whining about conditions in threads about stuns though. please tell me how i can get passively 98% immune against control effects 100% of the time without using any utility slots whatsoever? i bet lots of people would like to know when they fight warriors. also please tell me you would use zerker stance if it gave no adrenaline with your build and you are actually using it against conditions in your vids.. another l2p post by a hammer warrior – and what exactly do you write in your video comment? “getting carried by my build”? i do believe that.

anyways stun builds will get nerfed a lot next patch so GG to the people that go “l2p”, its already decided – with the fix to sigil of paralysation shield stun loses almost half of its duration, hammer stun loses almost 1/3, mace stun loses almost 1/6.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Uncle Shags.9017

i see you whining about conditions in threads about stuns though. please tell me how i can get passively 98% immune against control effects 100% of the time without using any utility slots whatsoever? i bet lots of people would like to know when they fight warriors. also please tell me you would use zerker stance if it gave no adrenaline with your build and you are actually using it against conditions in your vids.. another l2p post by a hammer warrior – and what exactly do you write in your video comment? “getting carried by my build”? i do believe that.

Me whining about condis? Nice try. I have never said one word. I said that I devote a huge portion of my build to dealing with condis. That’s not whining. I’m sorry, I thought it was obvious why I said that. I intended to shed light on the idiocy of whining about something instead of…i don’t know…maybe…doing something about it?

There are plenty of ways to counter CC. People do it to me ALL the time. Against good players I won’t land a single stun. Stability, stunbreak, dodge, block, evade, blind, counter CC, invuln and range. And why the heck do you think you shouldn’t have to use a utility slot for defense? If you do that you deserve to be blown up instantly and not complain.

Yes. I slot Berserker’s specifically for conditions. It’s the only way I know to survive against blind spamming thieves or condi-bombers. Adrenaline is an added bonus I don’t really need.

And yes, I am carried by my build. Also by my guild. If you watch my videos you will quickly notice something – I’m not very good. None of the fights I’m in are very spectacular. Every class in the game can do what I do – beat a couple inexperienced wvwers at the same time.

Maybe I should post the videos of people who know what they’re doing that absolutely CLOWN me. I might have to start collecting footage so you all can…gasp…LTP?

(edited by Uncle Shags.9017)

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

my point was you are building yourself passively immune or very greatly reduced to most conditions in wvw – and use that as an argument pro stun warriors – you cant do this with control effects, you also cant stunbreak every 5 seconds! there is only stability which most classes lack sorely and stun breaks are on a huge cooldown in general while a stun warrior can put out 3-4 second stuns every 5 seconds only limited by his adrenaline gain without even counting his other hard CCs while being super tanky and critting like a basterd thanks to that 10 points trait? whats balanced about it? and i dont even know why you insist on being a bad player and yet advising other players to l2p, dont you see those things dont go together very well?

(edited by Steelo.4597)

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I am happy with my new Thief I am learning to play that class, but i alredy kill very easy and fast with D/P.
The sustain are very good with tons of heals, stealth, blink, cc and blind (bilions of blinds)
Mobility are ok, and team weight also ok.
the point less are hard access to stability boon, that forces the player to be estrategic when slot skills.

Play as Thief has some dificulty against condition and cc builds, i think good part of QQ about meta and stun warrior comes from thieves.

(edited by JETWING.2759)

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I believe it isn’t a question of nerfing the warrior, it’s about buffing up some of the other classes so that they can have viable counter builds to it. The nerf to the the sigils will help. I main a warrior, I’ve tried the stun lock (still prefer my Hammer or Condi build), it is very strong 1v1 (borderline OP) but it is a 1 trick pony and is very predictable and can easily be beaten if you are built to counter it but not all classes have access to the required counter skills. I think the main problem is that the skull crack isn’t very well telegraphed and looks a lot like an auto attack (especially if that warrior is a tiny little Asura.) If they changed the animation a little to make it easier to identify along with the changes to the sigil it would be a very well balanced build.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

As much as Anet wants us eles to move away from cantrips, it is this kitten that makes it mandatory for us. If you aren’t carrying armor of earth and arcane shield or mistform, you are 100% screwed against any stun warrior. And really with those skills you’ll never put a dent in a cavalier healing signet war anyways… so might as well run away. Oops, forgot rtl is 10x worse than war gs for mobility… better hope fgs is off cooldown or it’s gg.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Uncle Shags.9017

my point was you are building yourself passively immune or very greatly reduced to most conditions in wvw – and use that as an argument pro stun warriors – you cant do this with control effects, you also cant stunbreak every 5 seconds! there is only stability which most classes lack sorely and stun breaks are on a huge cooldown in general while a stun warrior can put out 3-4 second stuns every 5 seconds only limited by his adrenaline gain without even counting his other hard CCs while being super tanky and critting like a basterd thanks to that 10 points trait? whats balanced about it? and i dont even know why you insist on being a bad player and yet advising other players to l2p, dont you see those things dont go together very well?

No. Stability isn’t the magic pill. No one can get enough by themselves. That’s why I listed all the other ways to counter the build, of which there are many. Play the build against decent players who are prepared for CC and find out. Unless, like others, your argument is you shouldn’t have to prepare. If that’s your argument, I give up.

And here we go again…. What build other than your imagination gets a 4 second stun very 5 seconds? I assume you mean Hammer/Mace. Have you ever tried to play that vs range?! Try to roam and not get kited to death by 2 uplevels? Sure, technically you could pull that off, but only if being focus fired by a zerg to gain adrenaline, and at that point, I’d argue, all bets are off. And that’s getting nerfed, regardless. And hey, I thought the problem was GS/Mace? Oh yeah, it’s the awesome 6 weapon slot build again! It’s this garbage that is keeping these threads going. Tell the truth or get out.

And I didn’t insist on being a bad player. YOU brought it up after stalking me. I responded. And, don’t you see, my lack of skill and pointing it out in others goes together just fine? Like I said, even when carried by my build/guild (which admittedly are fantastic, never said they weren’t) nothing I do is outside the scope of what other classes can contribute. Oh, and being bad gives me the enviable status of recognizing my compatriots, whether or not the recognize themselves.

I will admit when I saw the Mace F1 buff to 3 seconds I thought it was excessive. Drop it. And nerf Paralyzation. Justifiable. But for crying out loud, stop contributing to the warrior witch hunt.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: junho.7825

junho.7825

Then give a mobility to HB. why do we have to be rooted in one spot while we are using HB?

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

People are still complaining about Hammer + Mace/Shield? Because a full melee build with extremely limited mobility is hard to see a counter to …

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

Lets see here…A melee class in WvW with lots of stun breakers or a ranged class in WvW with lots of stun breakers..which one makes more sense to you?

Warriors, Guards and even some necro’s are the frontliners of WvW. It makes perfect sense for them to have more stun breakers since they are usually the first in the middle of a fight and stay there longer.

Anet doesn’t give 2 puppies if you can’t solo a class with every single possible spec and gear type you use. I run 2 builds for WvW. Zerg Hammer + SW/WH and a fun roaming build with lots of stuns and confusion. I don’t win every 1v1 roaming fight and I know I’ve been beaten by every class(except rangers lawl), and maybe warriors since I know the class well, at least once.

Maybe you should learn some other play styles and learn your class better before complaining. Bet half of you run zerker builds and wonder why you flop over like a dead fish.

The fact that this page went on for 84..no 85 posts now is mind boggling. Read my other post on this page be done with it.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: tofukiller.9842

tofukiller.9842

So many people being THIS mad about warriors. As a warrior main since release I enjoy the crying. I agree with the skull crack to 100b combo being quite easy to use, but it is as easily countered. Next patch “fixes” sigil of paralyzation, more adjustments are not needed in my opinion. May I be biased? Hell yeah, I played the underdog for ~11 months and I really like being competitive now.

Thanatar – Warrior of [AMOK]

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Chill Winston.7263

Chill Winston.7263

Given how slow and obvious the hammer animations are, the stun and knockdown capabilities actually make it a balanced weapon. If the hammer was slow, obvious, and did not provide much CC effects, it would be a poor weapon choice: It would be like a really slow great sword with no mobility or evade functions.

As for the mace/shield, you have to get a feel for when your adversary is going to go for his stun chain and evade/block.

And I’m not sure that there are a huge number of warriors running with a Hammer – Mace/Shield combo in WvW. Yes, they are around, but most warriors running with a hammer offset the lack of mobility in the hammer by using a Sword/Warhorn on the other weapon set, because a lack of mobility will sooner or later prove to be lethal.

Slater Alligator
Norn Warrior

(edited by Chill Winston.7263)

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: GiggleFairy.3807

GiggleFairy.3807

run stun breakers and some stability problem solved. warriors in WvW are running what the above person said. S+H/Shield & hammer are used for zerg busting mainly. i play said build and only run around with zergs and or split groups for taking camps,checkpoints,yaks, sometimes towers, and to stall a group/mini zerg while the main body comes in from behind to wipe them. if you were initiating on said group of warriors, shame on you.

ps: WvW is not based on solo fights. if your roaming your suppose to be taking out yaks,check points, killing players who fall behind the zergs, spying on the zerg and giving its locations out, and possibly taking supply camps.

(edited by GiggleFairy.3807)

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Op

You deserve my Honor for bringing up this Unjust matter.

Not too long ago i had posted something similar to this in the Elitist forum and surprisingly i was treated with kindess and understasnding.

Getting back to this Nortorious matter, Perma-Stun Warriors are out of control, everything you stated are factual.

As a ranger, even using “stun breakers”, i barely can escape from thier Perma-Stun madness.

I’m glad i’m not alone in this, and Arena.net need to get serious of ending Favoritsm for their Elite classes.

At the moment,

Injustice and Tyranny are what Dominates gw2 world.

And

Justice is ‘thrown under the rug’ countless times.

- As always………..

InJustice Prevails
and
Justice will always Fail

if you say justice one more time…

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

Hammer still terrible, even against my thief (i am learnig about class) that no have stability. The DPS is very low, and gain adrenaline become a hard job.

- Hammer need changes!

1 – Earthshaker need be like as trap, umblockable and still shaking the earth according adrenaline bars.
Ex:
1 bar = shake the earth for 1s, stuning for 1s every foe that enter in area of effect.
2 bars = shake the earth for 2s, stuning for 2s every foe that enter in area of effect.
3 bars = shake the earth for 3s, stuning for 3s every foe that enter in area of effect.
Damage = 500 per bar.
Range = 600
Radius = 600

(edited by JETWING.2759)

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Hammer still terrible, even against my thief (i am learnig about class) that no have stability. The DPS is very low, and gain adrenaline become a hard job.

Hammer need changes, good luck to who use it

what? have you seen the auto attack when one is stunned?

Bad Elementalist

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Hammer need changes, good luck to who use it

Yeah. This video was vs a thief that used mostly soldiers and had almost 2800 armor.
Look at that super low hammer damage.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

The real question should be, how can you run some overpowered, over used build u just pulled off of google and feel good about it?

I saw an AS/LB war before he was pretty kitten interesting to fight actually. Stop being sheep.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

Horrible thief, he must let you win.
- No blind
- No stealth
- No evade
- No shadowstep, shadowtrap or any bs.

No coments :/

As thief i kill hammer warriors very easy.
The low attack rate can’t face blind spamm

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

GiggleFairy.3807

thief was spamming heartseeker hoping to win. agree with what Jetwing said in the post above me about that thief.

ps how long is the stun/knockdown only 1-3 seconds so that = 1-2 auto attacks that can crit. want to be serious in WvW bring some blind and enchant removals most people roaming will carry these.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Doesn’t matter how bad or good the thief is, that won’t have anything to do with the damage while he is disabled, which is what you said, that hammer damage is lousy.

You can’t attack a statement that I’m refuting with evidence. You said hammer had poor damage, I proved otherwise.

I haven’t been beaten by a thief in months, even as LB/Hammer or Hammer/GS. Doesn’t matter, they lack the damage to take me down with the amount of toughness I have. You must be fighting poor warriors.

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

The real question should be, how can you run some overpowered, over used build u just pulled off of google and feel good about it?

I saw an AS/LB war before he was pretty kitten interesting to fight actually. Stop being sheep.

Sure as hell didn’t google my build, you can check my posts and video, my setup as far as armor/weps etc goes is a tad different, sure I use the cookie cutter 0/10/30/0/30 because that makes the most sense for hammer, why would I not use it?

I have been hammer with that setup since beta with a little GS thrown in and have plenty of clips dating back to last December showing just that.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Well honestly speaking, when you bring a Ele to face a warrior who’s tanky CC Stunlock, Healing Signet. It’s going to be the Warrior that wins. Ele got a bit overnerfed. In WvW they are the easiest class to kill in WvW, and do little damage(No damage), or A lot and just explode. Telling them to bring Stability and stunbreakers will not help them and M/S, GS is basically a 1-2-3(not the actual buttons for those people thinking that I think that’s the button combination) I win button.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

GiggleFairy.3807

i can agree that ele was tuned down to much. there are many ways to counter a hammer warrior just like in GW1. people cried about how hammer warriors were downright op cause of stunlock when all you needed was a stability skill, blind, and/or enchant removal.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Exactly. I have a chatlog that I need to find and post about a necro, fresh before dhuumfire/terror nerf, and right after the change to healing sig I believe, complaining about me beating him multiple times, yet he had absolutely no stun breakers to counter the stuns.

There are counters to everything, I have a hard time vs some guards and some mesmers, sure a d/p thief can cause me grief, but it’s going to stalemate, I’m not gonna stand in a black powder and waste my time, although the average player probably would.

Stun Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

GiggleFairy.3807

necromancer should of boon stripped you then blind/fear spam and condition you to death. if your using condition reduction food and runes of melandru, that necromancer is screwed lol