[Suggestion] Changes to Axe and Sword main

in Warrior

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I dont know if this has been suggested recently, because I dont frequently visit the profession forums. I would really like to see the axe and sword mainhand skills changed. The sword auto attack is weak and causes bleeding making it more useful for a condition build but the other 2 skills are power based, I have really only ever used sword for the leap mainly because of wvw, otherwise I really hate it, the f1 skill has an activation delay and often misses especially in wvw/pvp. The axe mainhand would be the better option but unfortunately the leap is on the burst skill and it has a very small range and is only single target damage.

Is there anyway we can get sword to be more condition focused to be more useful with torch off hand for condition builds. And axe tweaked a little bit to move the leap to the #2 skill and change the burst skill to be able to cleave. I think this would help make both weapons a little more useful and open up some more build diversity.

Ideas, suggestions?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I’d personally rather see most of our weapons changed so they can be effectively run with power, condi, or hybrid.

I think sword auto could use an attack speed increases to shore up both sides of its damage, and the burst needs its bleeds improved and the cast/aftercast delays fixed. I’m personally good with not improving the mobility of axe, but I think the addition of a block/evade on the main hand (#2 maybe) and some condi or small cc (1/4s daze) on the auto chain would be good.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

I’d love to see some changes to sword mh as it’s my favorite weapon. Might or vuln would ft it nicely. The leap is great however our leaps in general are buggy and not very reliable.. I’d like to see 2 become a longer cripple or short immob. Final thrust animation being sped up would make me the happiest of campers in the world. I feel like it should be a quick stab/lunge rather than what it is now.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I’ll be happy if there was a cripple on all 3 attack chain for sword

in Warrior

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I’d love to see some changes to sword mh as it’s my favorite weapon. Might or vuln would ft it nicely.

scrapper already has that, and even though its on a hammer, it still builds up might stupidly fast.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Warrior

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I really, really do not like Sword 3 on warrior. It’s a stupidly situational skill, and, with the Sword 2 ALSO being situational, makes sword “2-1-1-1-F1-1-1-1-1” And the burst conflicts with the otherwise good mobility of sword because it’s a root (Something Zerker sword burst fixes).

Axe is sort of fine where it is, though I wish Eviscerate had a small cleave (Tiny area, but can affect stacked enemies). But otherwise, I like the way the Warrior weapons handle their bursts. (Though dodge on 2 would be neat, and give some nice survivability to the weapon)

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I really, really do not like Sword 3 on warrior. It’s a stupidly situational skill, and, with the Sword 2 ALSO being situational, makes sword “2-1-1-1-F1-1-1-1-1” And the burst conflicts with the otherwise good mobility of sword because it’s a root (Something Zerker sword burst fixes).

See, and I like Final Thrust a lot. It may not be so useful in pve, but against other players it hits almost as hard as an eviscerate and it cleaves. The highest damage I’ve had with it against a player is about 12k or so, and then about 25k against an NPC (Tower Lord).

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

See, and I like Final Thrust a lot. It may not be so useful in pve, but against other players it hits almost as hard as an eviscerate and it cleaves. The highest damage I’ve had with it against a player is about 12k or so, and then about 25k against an NPC (Tower Lord).

Deff not situational, pretty easy to know when a target is 50% or lower, either flurry or stun them for the guaranteed land, I’ve had it hit for 13k against 2 thieves and killed them both instantly, which was funny because it was after a HB, standing still, and I was about to go down and just threw it out as a hail mary. I’ll never be able to re-create that lol. Just wish the animation was faster.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Axe 3 should get its power coefficient increased from 0.67 to 1.0 and be made to throw three axes instead of one with a cooldown reduction to 4s from 8s.

I think that would be balanced.

Axe 2 could be replaced with axe 5, while also being made into an evade for its duration that applies superspeed so you can stick to people.

These seem like reasonable skills.

(edited by Serval.6458)

in Warrior

Sartharina.3542

Deff not situational, pretty easy to know when a target is 50% or lower, either flurry or stun them for the guaranteed land, I’ve had it hit for 13k against 2 thieves and killed them both instantly, which was funny because it was after a HB, standing still, and I was about to go down and just threw it out as a hail mary. I’ll never be able to re-create that lol. Just wish the animation was faster.

By ‘situational’, I meant that the mechanical use of it is is almost purely ’Wait for opposing healthbar to reach 50% before using".

in Warrior

X T D.6458

By ‘situational’, I meant that the mechanical use of it is is almost purely ’Wait for opposing healthbar to reach 50% before using".

Thats one of the problems with mh sword, you really only want to use thrust when an opponent is below 50% for that extra damage, basically leaving you with 2 weak skills to damage them. If you have a power based build that bleed on auto attack is basically useless.

I think the focus on warrior should be on mobility and melee fighting, it bothers me to see rifle used so often, as a main weapon, when it used to be just a situational option.

in Warrior

Posted by: wolverine.5164

wolverine.5164

I’ve been ban from creating topics plis help me make my topic be heard.

We know warrior’s are if not the worst, one of the worst classes in the game atm, and hopefully anet do something about it after the pvp leage is going on right now.

but we’ve also forgatten some of the weakest weapons we got and the is the longbow, u don’t imagine how many classes with an isane ammount of blocks and not only that but also reflects there are in the game… including warrior’s using lamely shield/mace, it’s just pathetic, many ppl think’s that sword auto attack is the weakest but it isn’t, skill 4 of long bow (Smoldering arrow) this pathetic skill on inflics blind with the lowest dmg ever, skill 5 is so slow and predictable is useless… and the worst of all… the combustive shot and scorched earth… do i really have to talk about a suposly “burst” skill hitting “1” !!!! miserable stack of burning…. when warrior’s mace burst (wich i consider VERY strong) hits for

Unleash a powerful skull strike that dazes your target and inflicts multiple conditions.

Damage Damage: 399 (1.5)?
Next outgoing attack misses; Stacks duration.
Blind (5s): Next outgoing attack misses.
Deals damage every second; stacks intensity.
4 Bleeding (8s): 704 Damage
Damage received on skill activation; stacks intensity.4 Confusion (4s): 198 Damage On Skill Use, 160 Damage
Movement speed decreased by 50%; stacks duration. Crippled (8s): -50% Movement Speed
Unable to activate skills; stacks duration.[sic] Daze: 1s
Combo Combo Finisher: Blast
Range.png Range: 300

arena net for real?? are u ppl seriously??

now look at the longbow…

Fire a burning shot into the ground that creates a trail of flaming destruction.

Damage (3x): 266 (1.5)?
Deals damage every second; stacks intensity.
3 Burning (5s): 1965 Damage
Miscellaneous effect.png Number of Targets: 5
Duration.png Duration: 4s
Radius.png Radius: 120
Piercing Pierces
Combo Combo Field: Fire
Range.png Range: 1,200

if ur a warrior that actually use longbow u should know ur REALLY kitten lucky if u ever hit 2 stack burning with that attack…

anyways cheers… aint got anything else to say, im done.

in Warrior

Sartharina.3542

Thats one of the problems with mh sword, you really only want to use thrust when an opponent is below 50% for that extra damage, basically leaving you with 2 weak skills to damage them. If you have a power based build that bleed on auto attack is basically useless.

This was pretty much what I was getting at – FT leaves you without a Weapon Skill 3 for more than half the fight. And Sword F1 takes away the mobility that is the sword’s strong point.

I think the focus on warrior should be on mobility and melee fighting, it bothers me to see rifle used so often, as a main weapon, when it used to be just a situational option.

As someone who plays Charr, I like that rifle is finally fun and powerful enough to be a standard weapon instead of a situational one. I currently run Greatsword+Rifle, though leveling I ran sword+shield/rifle. I’d love to be able to do so again, but now Traitline 3 is stolen by Gunflame (Which is too fun and important to NOT have, even if everything in that traitline’s mostly useless, and it puts a hideosly ugly particle effect over my character), so I can’t go Defense, and Disc+Arms take up traits 1+2. And sword is so boring because S2 is valuable as a gap closer, fight initiator, and pursuit, but useless when it melee, and S3 requires the fight to be half-over before it comes into play.

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

After playing warrior since pretty much the start, I agree with you on the mobility and memes fighting , that’s one of the reasons I like the sword right now, it’s not really a weapon on its own, but it’s adding mobility, utility, and weapon swap sigil cool downs to your other set.

That’s where I personally think the strong point for warriors are at, fast hands, the ability to use short cool downs and maximize weapon swap sigils

(edited by Loading.4503)

in Warrior

X T D.6458

After playing warrior since pretty much the start, I agree with you on the mobility and memes fighting , that’s one of the reasons I like the sword right now, it’s not really a weapon on its own, but it’s adding mobility, utility, and weapon swap sigil cool downs to your other set

Yea war used to be my main in all gamemodes for a long time, and now I just cant make a fun build anymore. I pretty much retired my war, hopefully just temporarily lol. War’s imo have the best traits out of all the professions, but they are just too scattered right now to make a balanced build, to much giving up something you need to supplement for something else you need. And the weapons are a mess to, when they need to buff weapon skill damage by 30-50% like in recent patches and its still not good, lol then there is definately a serious issue. Especially considering when other professions are seeing their skills/traits get changes in 5-10% ranges.