Suggestion: Give Shouting Heals Cond Removal?

in Warrior

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Since Shouting heals is a more support-based trait, why not give shouting heals condition removal on top of the heal?

- It adds support
- Helps with warriors massive weakness to conditions
- Doesn’t really benefit or at least wont strongly benefit bullrush frenzy combos (making them an unstoppable beast as they said was a concern)
- And it livens the trait up a bit, what do you guys think? They’re all on 20+ second cooldown as well, so its quick condition removal with a decent cool down or spread out condition removal.

I like it. Anyone else?

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Use runes of soldier. It’s what I do.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

in Warrior

ronpierce.2760

Runes aside it’s just a dev-known issue, plus there are several areas warriors could improve on and this would help that. Group synergy being one as well. And it makes them more interesting. Also, my current runes are pretty vital to my build (s/tPvP)

in Warrior

Posted by: Boroming.8093

Boroming.8093

Use runes of soldier. It’s what I do.

yes ofc… but you are stuck with it. you cannot change.
simple add the ond removal effect to the cd reduction trait… and you have more freedom or more cond removal if you stick with the soldier

in Warrior

ronpierce.2760

Yeah, they wanted to remove some pigeon hole effects, this would be one way. Maybe to keep it consistant allow banners to have a condition removal effect as well, since they wanted to help banners out too. This way the support warriors can be better versus conditions while burst warriors stay bursty but without the condition removal (thus avoiding making them over powered)

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

It would still be a joke since conditions are rarely a nuisance.
Vigorous shouts needs to give 3s Protection to the team in order to be worth using.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

0/0/0/30/0 Warrior is the only viable one after changes it seems.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednaxela.9476

Rednaxela.9476

Since Shouting heals is a more support-based trait, why not give shouting heals condition removal on top of the heal?

- It adds support
- Doesn’t really benefit or at least wont strongly benefit bullrush frenzy combos (making them an unstoppable beast as they said was a concern)
- And it livens the trait up a bit, what do you guys think? They’re all on 20+ second cooldown as well, so its quick condition removal with a decent cool down or spread out condition removal.

I like it. Anyone else?

So, I use a cleric/PVT shout healing warrior in high level fractals. I love it. I found a pretty nice combo for condition removal.

On the power trait line, use “Restorative strength” (Whenever you use a heal spell – removes cripple immo weakness frozen).

This allows “Shake it off” to remove up to 3 conditions AT ONCE. FGJ and On my mark will remove 2 conditions and mending will remove 3 (these are if the correct condition exists [cripp, froz, immo, weak])

-Shouts heal (vigorous shouts)
-Shouts remove condition (Soldier rune 6th stat)
-Shake it off removes a condition (thats 2 conditions removed)
-If the third condition happens to be frozen, immo, weakness or cripple, Shake it off will remove it too (Restorative Strength major trait)

I am surprised I have never heard of this combo before. Try it out and see how you like it!

Nietzschens – 80 Warr / Siri Golightly – 80 Ele / Siri Rhaegar – 80 Guardian
[SOL] Sanctum of Legends; ‘The Forgotten’ ~Eredon 4 Life~

(edited by Rednaxela.9476)

in Warrior

Posted by: AinSoph.5063

AinSoph.5063

- It adds support

I like it. Anyone else?

So, I use a cleric/PVT shout healing warrior in high level fractals. I love it. I found a pretty nice combo for condition removal.

On the power trait line, use “Restorative strength” (Whenever you use a heal spell – removes cripple immo weakness frozen).

This allows “Shake it off” to remove up to 3 conditions AT ONCE. FGJ and On my mark will remove 2 conditions and mending will remove 3 (these are if the correct condition exists [cripp, froz, immo, weak])

-If the third condition happens to be frozen, immo, weakness or cripple, Shake it off will remove it too (Restorative Strength major trait)

I am surprised I have never heard of this combo before. Try it out and see how you like it!

Restorative Strength will NOT remove a condition those conditions by using a shout. “Healing Skill” refers only to your #6 slot.

—Ain Soph— Warrior
—Fort Aspenwood—

in Warrior

Posted by: Balao.3016

Balao.3016

Shout warrior is a great build. However, it pigeonholes players that may not wish to play that build. What about the zeker dps warriors, where are their condi removal if the guard or support warrior goes down, because that does happen. In those situations, the team is done.

I guess we as players can go round and round on it all day and night until we’re blue in the face. Fact is, we shouldn’t be forced to buy 10g worth of runes for condition removal, gimping our dps if we are in fact a dps build. We all use runes for a specific reason, I for one use ruby orbs (albeit cheap, I know) for my longbow. I shouldn’t be forced to go 30 disc, use soldier runes, and be support. Although I like that role, other warriors should not be forced to do it if they want the condition removal for their zerker build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Stelli.3607

Stelli.3607

Using soldier runes is enough, I don’t think additional condition removal on shouts is needed. I think the main problem is that those shouts are used as support and more in a defensive way, as they heal, BUT mostly give offensive boons or vulnerabilty to the oppenent. I wish there would be a trait that would give shouts a defensive aspect, like granting protection for 3 seconds. Or giving shake it off stability too. A way to give those shouts some more use than little offense and little defensive and little support.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Using soldier runes is enough, I don’t think additional condition removal on shouts is needed. I think the main problem is that those shouts are used as support and more in a defensive way, as they heal, BUT mostly give offensive boons or vulnerabilty to the oppenent. I wish there would be a trait that would give shouts a defensive aspect, like granting protection for 3 seconds. Or giving shake it off stability too. A way to give those shouts some more use than little offense and little defensive and little support.

Shouts have everything already, why not give them more power! :>

What about Stances… ?

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Is it pretty common for warriors or all classes to want everything for every possible situation and claim they want it for "group support" which in reality they just want the tools for every situation? I guess classes can’t be unique and have strengths and weaknesses and we all should be the same.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednaxela.9476

Rednaxela.9476

Restorative Strength will NOT remove a condition those conditions by using a shout. “Healing Skill” refers only to your #6 slot.

Sorry, but you are 100% wrong. I have tested this, and yes it works.

Nietzschens – 80 Warr / Siri Golightly – 80 Ele / Siri Rhaegar – 80 Guardian
[SOL] Sanctum of Legends; ‘The Forgotten’ ~Eredon 4 Life~

in Warrior

Balao.3016

- It adds support

I like it. Anyone else?

Like the poster above me stating that it works, I can verify that it does work. I wasn’t using soldier runes at the time, because I was working on getting them while using ogre; I would use FGJ and because I was traited for shouts healing, it acted like a heal and therefore removed a condition. Shake it off removed 2, and OMM removed 1 as well. The shouts essentially get turned into a healing skill with that trait active with vigorous shouts active.

in Warrior

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Ninja patched! The answer to warrior’s condition removal. I’ll try this later in the mists to see for myself.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I just tried it, does not remove it.

in Warrior

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Sadness...

Dashed my dreams of making the ultimate class.

in Warrior

Balao.3016

I stand corrected, I honestly thought it was working that way.

I know when I’m wrong, and I was indeed very wrong.